Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leach to Tennessee!!!

Started by Ccwaziya, November 30, 2017, 10:03:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ccwaziya

Reports are out that Mike Leach is talking contract with Vols!!...

emdavenp

Multiple Twitter reports from ESPN folks. Leach told someone "I'm on my way"

ADavisTheGOAT

If we hire Morris.......................................
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

The Hawg Marshal

emdavenp

HogPharmer

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 30, 2017, 10:06:45 pm
That could be trouble.

For who?

You mean because he's one of our backups?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Ccwaziya on November 30, 2017, 10:03:45 pm
not to put the cart.....well, you know....but I think all of them have talked contracts and they are still coaches

Pulled out...

Keldeo1997

HoggyCat

They hand out offers like candy at Halloween. 😂😂 I think a lot of these guys a playing their current employers for more money. Leach was said to want the Arkansas job by the lady on KATV or KARK, now he's negotiating with Tennessee?
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 30, 2017, 10:07:58 pm
For who?

You mean because he's one of our backups?
Just that he would have some talent to work with at Tenner. Of course they have to get the deal done first.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

November 30, 2017, 10:11:25 pm #10 Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:21:38 pm by DoubleReedHawgCaller
We better wait till he's done with the PC and at least made it thru spring ball before it's  considered official .
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

TheEnemy

I like it.

I still think his Air Raid offense won't work in the SEC....he will win 6-8 wins a year.

Tennessee will be hiring again in 4-5 years.

TheEnemy

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 30, 2017, 10:09:59 pm
They hand out offers like candy at Halloween. 😂😂 I think a lot of these guys a playing their current employers for more money. Leach was said to want the Arkansas job by the lady on KATV or KARK, now he's negotiating with Tennessee?

Leach just wants in the SEC.....period.

shshark00

This is borderline depressing. How the hell does a school screw up a coaching search as badly and as many times as UT did, and still end up with probably the best coach of all the other options before him?

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 30, 2017, 10:11:58 pm
I like it.

I still think his Air Raid offense won't work in the SEC....he will win 6-8 wins a year.

Tennessee will be hiring again in 4-5 years.
He doesn't run the ball enough.

Baconomics

Is that because our job is no longer "open"?

The Boar War

Quote from: shshark00 on November 30, 2017, 10:12:57 pm
This is borderline depressing. How the hell does a school screw up a coaching search as badly and as many times as UT did, and still end up with probably the best coach of all the other options before him?

Leach is going to be a disaster.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: nesjunk on November 30, 2017, 10:15:12 pm
Hmmm. Good thought. I hope so.

Uncommon

You're basically describing this.

Hollywood870

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on November 30, 2017, 10:13:06 pm
He doesn't run the ball enough.
He barely runs it at all. Would like to see him in the SEC though.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: nesjunk on November 30, 2017, 10:15:12 pm
bingo. Arkansas was Leach's top choice for months.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

duckman

Someone will eventually say yes... LOL

PigInTheHole

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

TheEnemy

I disagree.

There is a reason he was their 15th offer and no other schools were interested in Leach. 

He hasn't evolved his offense like alot of the younger coaches that learned from him....with the younger coaches you get his air raid with a running game.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 10:17:10 pm
Apparently there was no interest from our end.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on November 30, 2017, 10:19:38 pm
there was some , i think. But he was 3rd or 4th.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Paul

Oliver

Makes zero sense.  I know that Gus is our first choice and that's fine.  But Leach is much better than some of the coaches we are considering if we strike out on Gus

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: duckman on November 30, 2017, 10:18:23 pm
Someone will eventually say yes... LOL
law of averages, right?

Pulled out...

Matt Burks

I thought I heard that Long wanted him (obviously before Long was fired)?

Tony Perkis

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 30, 2017, 10:24:48 pm
I thought I heard that Long wanted him (obviously before Long was fired)
lots of people want Leach. Just not more than they want Norvell or Gus. We arent going to just leave him hanging. He wants out of Wazzou.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 30, 2017, 10:06:45 pm
That could be trouble.
He's would be in the sec east.we would play him every 6 years. he would be a problem for the teams in the east. and Alabama.TN play's Bama every year.like Arkansas plays Mizzo.there is no reason for Arkansas to worry about TN getting him.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 10:17:10 pm

Gus signs extension tomorrow, and Norvell will be announced Sunday.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Matt Burks

Can't wait to hear his press conference and interviews. I'm not a fan of the Air Raid offense but his interviews are usually very entertaining!

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: Ccwaziya on November 30, 2017, 10:03:45 pm

Reports have been out about half a dozen Coaches going to Tennessee....... LOL.....  They have been turned odwn more times thatn a Holiday Inn bed....
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Tony Perkis

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 30, 2017, 10:28:45 pm
And some always miss...

Makes you wonder how much time Storm Troopers actually spent on shooting in training. Maybe the suits limit their mobility? Not really sure of the issue, but its bad.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 30, 2017, 10:27:42 pm
just like i drew it up

Oliver

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 30, 2017, 10:29:06 pm
Can't wait to hear his press conference and interviews. I'm not a fan of the Air Raid offense but his interviews are usually very entertaining!
I really want him in the SEC.

soooieman

If they hire an "up and coming" coach instead of going after Leach a large portion of our fan base will go nuts. Including myself. With Leach out its Gus or bust. Leach was the last proven power 5 coach out there outside of Gus.

TheEnemy

Quote from: Oliver on November 30, 2017, 10:23:27 pm
Makes zero sense.  I know that Gus is our first choice and that's fine.  But Leach is much better than some of the coaches we are considering if we strike out on Gus

Disagree.

The coaches we are considering have aspects of Leach's Air Raid but have also figured out how to mesh it with a running game and read options.  We are looking at the upgraded versions.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: soooieman on November 30, 2017, 10:32:21 pm
If they hire an "up and coming" coach instead of going after Leach a large portion of our fan base will go nuts. Including myself. With Leach out its Gus or bust. Leach was the last proven power 5 coach out there outside of Gus.
Bro we got Mike Norvell and that #1 offense. Plus his recruiting skill and ties are perfect for us.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 30, 2017, 10:27:42 pm
You have a source or is that just what you think?

TheEnemy

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 30, 2017, 10:31:24 pm
Makes you wonder how much time Storm Troopers actually spent on shooting in training. Maybe the suits limit their mobility? Not really sure of the issue, but its bad.

Think its pretty obvious....the helmet doesn't let them sight down their barrel or see their sights....they can only spray and pray.

HogPharmer

jgcat4

I like Leach, love his pressers and enjoy his football. I really think he'll do well at Tenner. He's a good coach. He's got a top 20 Defense this year. I know it's hard to believe but we haven't had one in so long we can't recognize it. I really think he'll do good.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

TheEnemy

Tony Perkis

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 30, 2017, 10:35:40 pm
Think its pretty obvious....the helmet doesn't let them sight down their barrel or see their sights....they can only spray and pray.
How did I miss that?