• 388,957 Topics
• 22,018 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Running around with Vertigo....  (Read 5619 times)

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
Re: Running around with Vertigo....
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2017, 09:07:06 am »

Creepy.....😁
game was insanity inducing

porkrindjimmy

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2017, 09:08:17 am »

So you have connections inside the u of a and au. Damn, you’re connected. How about the schools of the other coaches we’re considering?

Actually....yes. Yes I do. I happen to do some work with Two pretty big Auburn money men. One of them is actually the daddy of Gus's director of recruiting.   

Funny the way the world works isn't it? I actually know a pretty big donor at Bama and I personally know Jim from Tuscaloosa...

And here...it isn't just one, it isn't just two, it isn't even just 3. When you can share a ride with some influential people, and say all of the shine is gone....we drank it all between Fayetteville and Gulf shores.....

Roosters, Mules and shine and one particular car ride and the only cassette tape we had was Gary Stewart 25 greatest hits....well it makes for lifetime friendships...

Call up Trudy on the telephone....

PRJ

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Calvin Swine

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2017, 09:08:20 am »

Just please to God don't 'Tennessee' it and leave us with Chad Morris. He's a great coach but NOT what Arkansas needs right now.
Agreed 100%

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2017, 09:13:06 am »

I'm trying to understand the ones down on Venables because he's a career DC, and isn't exciting. So let me ask you a question... Which has been a bigger problem for our program the last 5 years? Offense or defense? I'll be glad to give you the answer, but you should know it. Which is why I'm going all in for Venables. Our defense, our special teams need to be fixed if we are going to compete for titles. Gus figured that much out at Auburn. Why can't Arkansas fans? Instead they want exciting entertainment.

My suggestion... Go see an arena league game, or go to the circus. Entertain yourself to your heart's content. We are talking about an SEC program here. Not arena league.

I have already said it once. If you are chasing a coordinator, Venables checks all the boxes..there are just two problems I see with that.

First, this hire has to be an exciting one. It has to put Butts in the seats.

Secondly, to ever when big here at Arkansas, it will have to be done with an offensive coach. We just will never be able to recruit the studs and the depth to have a top 5 defense, year in and year out.

PRJ

Drop the Mike

• Varsity
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2017, 09:18:36 am »

he boned some cheerleaders at Tulsa. Then he got married and there arent any fresh rumors about it since. It better be a non-factor.

I got no problem with that. Now if he would've boned some football cheerleaders at A&M that would be a deal breaker.

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2017, 09:31:38 am »

People fear the unknown PRJ. We need to learn to be comfortable being uncomfortable

Yep....take the ferry to Mustang island and unroll this tapestry....tell me there's a pot of gold waiting on the other side and watch what I do.

People get caught up in not living for today. I wake up everyday and it is a fresh start, a new challenge..I can't get caught up in what happened yesterday or what tomorrow looks like because I have to kill it today. If I kill it today, tomorrow is gonna be alright.

People ask me Reginald, what do you hope comes out of this? What are you wishing for? I just want this program to be successful. I want my grandkids to feel the passion I have for this program. The excitement of great wins, what it means to be a Razorback. There is nothing like it in the world. Nothing like being a hog. Through the good times and bad luck.

Of course, all the good times and bad luck never added up to much except a court date down in Yellville and one hand in the furnace...but that hand in the furnace is damn well exciting.

And truly, my wish is one day, Porked Tongue, Porkaterian, Lanny, Wilson, Steef, Pork Twain, Drsusscroffa Mike Irwin, Duck, PiginthePokey, Karma, my great friend and part time Ranch hand Rex Mentor and myself all pose for a group photo. That will be a great photo and I sincerely mean that. Imagine in a Hundred years our Great, Great, Great grandkids sitting around and discussing that photo...trying to figure out who are the cops and who are the outlaws....

I truly want that picture to happen...make it happen guys. I will frame that Sh*t..

PRJ

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2017, 09:32:58 am »

I got no problem with that. Now if he would've boned some football cheerleaders at A&M that would be a deal breaker.
exactly. I dont want Limp Biscuit Morris.

RexMentor

• Varsity
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2017, 09:34:19 am »

As to the picture, I'll be the good looking one on the left. Porkrinds will be the guy riding his pet cougar.

duckman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • outkicked my coverage
    • Shari Bales and Southbound
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2017, 09:34:32 am »

Yep....take the ferry to Mustang island and unroll this tapestry....tell me there's a pot of gold waiting on the other side and watch what I do.

People get caught up in not living for today. I wake up everyday and it is a fresh start, a new challenge..I can't get caught up in what happened yesterday or what tomorrow looks like because I have to kill it today. If I kill it today, tomorrow is gonna be alright.

People ask me Reginald, what do you hope comes out of this? What are you wishing for? I just want this program to be successful. I want my grandkids to feel the passion I have for this program. The excitement of great wins, what it means to be a Razorback. There is nothing like it in the world. Nothing like being a hog. Through the good times and bad luck.

Of course, all the good times and bad luck never added up to much except a court date down in Yellville and one hand in the furnace...but that hand in the furnace is damn well exciting.

And truly, my wish is one day, Porked Tongue, Porkaterian, Lanny, Wilson, Steef, Pork Twain, Drsusscroffa Mike Irwin, Duck, PiginthePokey, Karma, my great friend and part time Ranch hand Rex Mentor and myself all pose for a group photo. That will be a great photo and I sincerely mean that. Imagine in a Hundred years our Great, Great, Great grandkids sitting around and discussing that photo...trying to figure out who are the cops and who are the outlaws....

I truly want that picture to happen...make it happen guys. I will frame that Sh*t..

PRJ

Name the time and place...  We better make a party out of it!

RexMentor

• Varsity
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2017, 09:36:08 am »

We'll call it the annual Porkrinds-Newton County Brain Fry

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2017, 09:36:42 am »

no he does not. he does however fall into the smokescreen category very nicely.

I know we hear this every time we do anything.  Why does Arkansas always need a smokescreen?  Is there something in our charter that says we can't just make a hire without engaging in a KGB level disinformation campaign?  Do the walls have ears?  Are we working on Manhattan Project type stuff behind closed doors and need to keep it quiet?  I'm just trying to figure out why anyone would believe nothing can ever be done without the use of extensive diversionary tactics.

ur

• The First Back to Back 7A Football State Champions
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2017, 09:42:36 am »

It all comes down to will the Dragon Slayer get Dragon's Gold. We will know in two days.

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2017, 09:43:24 am »

I know we hear this every time we do anything.  Why does Arkansas always need a smokescreen?  Is there something in our charter that says we can't just make a hire without engaging in a KGB level disinformation campaign?  Do the walls have ears?  Are we working on Manhattan Project type stuff behind closed doors and need to keep it quiet?  I'm just trying to figure out why anyone would believe nothing can ever be done without the use of extensive diversionary tactics.

I think more than likely what happens is, Wally, Biddy, Grit the coon whisperer, little Bo Peep, they know some influence some way or another and the influence gives them names to run up the flag pole to gauge public response.

PRJ

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2017, 09:46:58 am »

PRJ
this photo MUST HAPPEN.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2017, 09:48:32 am »

it's probably BS like you are saying most times. But THIS time we actually did need a smokescreen for Norvell and possibly a fallback for kiffin/gus/norvell.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2017, 09:49:12 am »

he boned some cheerleaders at Tulsa. Then he got married and there arent any fresh rumors about it since. It better be a non-factor.

Oh, there are other rumors, at UCA and ASU, but I have no idea to the truth of validity of them.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2017, 09:51:03 am »

Oh, there are other rumors, at UCA and ASU, but I have no idea to the truth of validity of them.
yeah, i still think it comes from haters cross the sippi.

solitons

• Senior
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2017, 09:51:27 am »

Saban ran two SEC programs with more talent in-state in one season than Arkansas has in-state in five seasons. The same goes for Smart at UGA.

Horrible comparison. We aren't getting that kind of talent here.
I wonder if CBB won more conference games than Saban won in one season

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2017, 09:51:53 am »

I think more than likely what happens is, Wally, Biddy, Grit the coon whisperer, little Bo Peep, they know some influence some way or another and the influence gives them names to run up the flag pole to gauge public response.

PRJ

My post was tongue in cheek, but in all honesty if "they" didn't float trial balloons that were so awful an unappealing that they should have Hindenburg printed on the side of them there wouldn't be such need for gauging the fan base's gag reflex.

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2017, 09:58:08 am »

As to the picture, I'll be the good looking one on the left. Porkrinds will be the guy riding his pet cougar.

It is funny you bring that up. As you well know, being a part time hand at the ranch....I name all my pit bulls after gangsters and past boxers, it always gives me great joy to see you and little Gerry Cooney playing with sticks......

I name my roosters and wrinkle necked mules after persona's here on Hogville. As I said yesterday, my prized fighting Rooster's name is Porked Tongue...and Lanny is my main riding mule I ride to go fetch the mail on the 7 mile dirt road ride I take to get to my Caddy, Stella, I park her under a canopy on the edge of the hard road, for when I need to go get provisions or just want some catfish.

And the goats, not many people know I name my goats after people associated with the Hog program. These goats, they break off into their own clique's....but I have one clique that has gotten totally out of control. Houston Nutt is the leaders name, he is just a big ole goof and there are the female ones, Diana, Donna and Theresa...and the one there with his left ear drooping? That is Danny. We had a hell of a commotion out here several months back and the result of that commotion was a damn drawf goat....sired from Danny and Theresa....a drawf. We call him Lil Bo Mattingly.

Rex and I had to castrate Danny the other day...Rex was pretty upset and I can't say it was a happy day for me either but a rogue goat is a rogue goat and the business of taming one is not to be trifled with.

PRJ

RexMentor

• Varsity
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2017, 10:04:10 am »

PRJ: It's time to put the crown down.

duckman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • outkicked my coverage
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2017, 10:08:20 am »

No....  It is time to share

BJJHog

• Bench Warmer
  • "The greatest hold is conditioning." Karl Gotch
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2017, 10:13:17 am »

It is funny you bring that up. As you well know, being a part time hand at the ranch....I name all my pit bulls after gangsters and past boxers, it always gives me great joy to see you and little Gerry Cooney playing with sticks......

I name my roosters and wrinkle necked mules after persona's here on Hogville. As I said yesterday, my prized fighting Rooster's name is Porked Tongue...and Lanny is my main riding mule I ride to go fetch the mail on the 7 mile dirt road ride I take to get to my Caddy, Stella, I park her under a canopy on the edge of the hard road, for when I need to go get provisions or just want some catfish.

And the goats, not many people know I name my goats after people associated with the Hog program. These goats, they break off into their own clique's....but I have one clique that has gotten totally out of control. Houston Nutt is the leaders name, he is just a big ole goof and there are the female ones, Diana, Donna and Theresa...and the one there with his left ear drooping? That is Danny. We had a hell of a commotion out here several months back and the result of that commotion was a damn drawf goat....sired from Danny and Theresa....a drawf. We call him Lil Bo Mattingly.

Rex and I had to castrate Danny the other day...Rex was pretty upset and I can't say it was a happy day for me either but a rogue goat is a rogue goat and the business of taming one is not to be trifled with.

PRJ

My God..I'm cryin' I am laughing so hard!  Classic!

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2017, 10:13:37 am »

As we have discussed, one day a book will be written about the last 12 or 13 sordid years... when all has been cleared, Boom, we drop it on them.

And per our discussions and against your advice....I still plan on sending a free, autographed copy to everyone of my naysayers and haters and the general snobs here because all those that have hurt me, I forgave them all and kept on rocking feeling 10 feet tall.

Reminds me, I have left you several messages and 3 texts this morning. That article we penned for the Asian goat quarterly was due yesterday....

And when you get out here today on the other side of noon I am sure, don't forget to pick up my shears from the sharpening place, 2 rolls of Copenhagen and stop off down there at Wanda's and pick us up a couple of those Cinnamon Rolls.

PRJ

irahogfan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2017, 10:22:20 am »

PRJ
had to give you a +1 for this

RexMentor

• Varsity
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2017, 10:27:36 am »

I'm going to give him something for it AND IT AIN'T A PLUS 1

RexMentor

• Varsity
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2017, 10:28:22 am »

BTW Jimmy, Hate to break this to you in pubic, but I'm pregnant. :o

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2017, 10:28:53 am »

the goats, i say

thebignasty

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2017, 10:34:15 am »

Well, that's how it works

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2017, 10:35:40 am »

Also...while you are down there, we are gonna need a new typewriter ribbon. Danny done tore it to hell. No, I don't know how he got in here but I suspect Cornell left the door ajar when he went on his morning trot.

Also need about a dozen of those fancy fountain pens...and some ink.

And 2 picks, some dynamite and surplus tracers. Go down there to Ol Pinetops and sit right there in that little draw, that car comes by there and this is key dude...the car should be playing Sailing by Christopher Cross. When you here it, get out and go to the trunk...don't speak and don't make eye contact...just pick up the gunney sacks and be on your way...

You better not have went back to sleep.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2017, 10:36:59 am »

I will be dadblurned.....

Danny's castaration didn't work did it?

PRJ

snoblind

« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2017, 10:40:23 am »

I've known Maria's dad for almost 50 years.  Coaching positions would be the least of Norvell's worries...

RexMentor

• Varsity
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2017, 10:41:47 am »

I will be dadblurned.....

Danny's castaration didn't work did it?

PRJ

We're going to get banned for this thread.

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2017, 11:04:43 am »

We're going to get banned for this thread.

Naw man...we got legit info in here and good times.....

PRJ

Sapperhog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2017, 11:11:35 am »

Well we certainly don't want a young heterosexual male with testosterone pumping through his system.  Are there any eunuchs out there we can hire?

Needed that laugh!

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2017, 11:19:02 am »

JCP found him a little creepy.  Now, Joey Freshwater was smooth and had her playing with her hair and cocking her head to the side the whole interview.

• Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2017, 11:56:23 am »

right? who wouldnt have. maybe he just wanted to close the deal with Maria. She quit her managers job in conway and headed to tulsa and married him lol.
They were already married when he took the Tulsa job I believe.

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2017, 01:09:06 pm »

I am still waiting for the powers that be here to arrange the picture.......

And ask yourself, will Auburn pony up 7 mil per year?

PRJ

RexMentor

• Varsity
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2017, 01:17:00 pm »

Evidently, Gus got an offer from Auburn and has now countered. At $7 million, it's relatively cheap. I thought he'd ask for Saban-like money, which i believe is $10 million. For $10 million, I'd gladly castrate PRJ's cougar. Sober. In the daylight. And let it see the tools first.

Hog Milanese

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2017, 01:23:14 pm »

PRJ

They're more likely to fire him next year than pay 7 mil

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2017, 01:29:16 pm »

They're more likely to fire him next year than pay 7 mil

This is the correct answer.....

PRJ

• Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2017, 01:33:58 pm »

PRJ
Mullen got $6 mil/year at Florida and Tennessee offered $7 million to Gundy. Gus is more accomplished than either of those. The other guy in state makes over $10 million.

duckman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • outkicked my coverage
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2017, 01:36:12 pm »

Mullen got $6 mil/year at Florida and Tennessee offered $7 million to Gundy. Gus is more accomplished than either of those. The other guy in state makes over $10 million.

Doesn't mean they will pay that....

Semper Hogelis

• Senior
  • I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2017, 01:38:26 pm »

Actually....yes. Yes I do. I happen to do some work with Two pretty big Auburn money men. One of them is actually the daddy of Gus's director of recruiting.   

Funny the way the world works isn't it? I actually know a pretty big donor at Bama and I personally know Jim from Tuscaloosa...

And here...it isn't just one, it isn't just two, it isn't even just 3. When you can share a ride with some influential people, and say all of the shine is gone....we drank it all between Fayetteville and Gulf shores.....

Roosters, Mules and shine and one particular car ride and the only cassette tape we had was Gary Stewart 25 greatest hits....well it makes for lifetime friendships...

Call up Trudy on the telephone....

PRJ
Two big thumbs up for the Gary Stewart reference. "An empty glass"....

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2017, 01:40:50 pm »

Evidently, Gus got an offer from Auburn and has now countered. At $7 million, it's relatively cheap. I thought he'd ask for Saban-like money, which i believe is $10 million. For $10 million, I'd gladly castrate PRJ's cougar. Sober. In the daylight. And let it see the tools first.

I'm calling BS...PRJ is too old to have a cougar.

RexMentor

• Varsity
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2017, 01:49:22 pm »

;D
LOL

Actually, PRJ uses the cougar on a leash to scare off deputies. I hear, though, that he's rather fond of his goats.

8)

RexMentor

• Varsity
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2017, 01:55:10 pm »

I know it says he's on line right now, but in all honesty, he's in the shed, sleeping one off on the old car seat.

pigmania

« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2017, 02:02:33 pm »

Lordy, Lordy....I am off here for a few hours and all hell breaks loose. Everybody needs to remain calm....PorkRind James is here.

All this harkens me back to younger days. I was a small feller and was having trouble with a neighborhood bully and we squared off in my front yard. My daddy was in the garage, door up and was blasting some fine country and Western music...as I began to Bob and weave, I heard Porter Wagoner tell Dolly there was nothing left to hold on to....and that hurt me, Porter and Dolly struggling like that. Took the fight right out of me. I walked in the garage and daddy told me to lace my gloves up tight and get back in the fight. That was the day I began to not take sh*t from a soul...and PorkRind Jimmy was born.

Gus still has not told us no. I will say it again, he has not turned down the job. And funny thing is, all the talk of him signing a contract extension is only coming from this side of the Mississippi...This side. I talked to Aubby folks today and it was news to them that an extension had been offered. So....HE HAS NOT SAID NO AND HE HASNT SIGNED AN EXTENSION.

Now on to Chad Morris. We apparently went crazy in Dallas yesterday and interviewed a few people... Chad Morris was one of them. According to people in the room, he did a fine job. He was not offered the job. He wasn't. Calm down.

Norvell....Mike Norvell's name is conspicuously missing from all the job openings in college football. You have to think it is because maybe he has a deal with Arkansas if Gus falls through or maybe there is something to the rumors that we're circulating this weekend.

So....I still believe and being told that it is Gus, Mike and KIFFIN...

What everybody needs to realize is this hire has to be an exciting hire...exciting like folks flying in for the spring game excitement...and this is pure common sense...who is going to put butts in the seats? Gus? Mike? Lane? Or Chad Morris? Venables? Charlie?

You don't fire Jeff Long and Bret Bielema to bring in his clone from TT and a career DC. You just don't. They realize they have to knock this hire out of the park or they will never be taken seriously again.

PRJ
I will chill out once I know that Chad Morris’ name will never be mentioned again as a candidate for the Hog HC job.

RexMentor

• Varsity
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2017, 02:06:14 pm »

Remember Jimmy, you have to go to that church gathering at Monte Ne amphitheater tonight with that big church from Springdale. You guys will be wearing white robes, carrying torches and will pray down the ghost Frank Broyles so he can hand a flaming spectral torch to the Anointed One, the Chosen One, who is supposed to bring balance to the force that is Arkansas football.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2017, 02:15:26 pm »

JCP found him a little creepy.  Now, Joey Freshwater was smooth and had her playing with her hair and cocking her head to the side the whole interview.

You know when then put it behind their ear that means they interested.  Lane was probably so bold as to fix that one piece that was hanging in front of her head during the PC last Friday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas