Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas destroys UConn 102 to 67 these Hogs are for real

Started by forrest city joe, November 26, 2017, 06:27:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JONAS

Quote from: cityhog on November 27, 2017, 03:49:17 pm
Hate to burst your bubble, but that is exactly what college basketball has become. A free throw shooting contest. I wish they'd go to the pro rules. 4 quarters, 5 fouls per quarter to be in the bonus, and 6 fouls to foul out. I mean, if they're going to call fouls on people for breathing on the ball handler, can we up it to 6 PF's please?

I agree.

JONAS

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 26, 2017, 07:38:09 pm
You haters just can't be happy. We beat a power 5 team by 30+ and that's hard too do. UCONN is going to beat some quality teams in their conference and its only going to help the hogs.

I'm not a hater.  I love this team and Mike.  I've just got my hopes up so many times.  I do hate SEC officiating. 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 26, 2017, 07:38:09 pm
You haters just can't be happy. We beat a power 5 team by 30+ and that's hard too do. UCONN is going to beat some quality teams in their conference and its only going to help the hogs.

What is your problem?  The man just basically said that the only way we should lose is by getting screwed by the refs and here you come calling him a hater?  You need to stop that crap.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 27, 2017, 06:25:45 pm
pretty weak argument to support your anti mike stance. 4th best team in the SEC? We can beat any of those teams. You're putting way too much stock into our loss vs UNC when we were on tired legs. This team is going to be very good and i full expect you to eat your crow. Maybe you should go back to posting on the main board at rivals about football.

LOL. Im not anti-Mike. Im anti calling Mike the best coach ever, something FCJ cant grasp. Im anti acting like this is the 1995 Razorbacks.
Wasn't UNC on tired legs, too? But they won. Then got destroyed by Mich St. UNC doesn't look like such a great loss now.

Im sure the team will be good. I fully expect them to be 3-5 in the SEC standings and make the tourney. That's great.

Also, thanks for being a fan and following online presence, but I don't post on the Rivals MB, Im on the JV board. Maybe you shouldn't hide behind multiple accounts and own up to your identity, or at least quit lurking Rivals.

hawgball40

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on November 27, 2017, 08:38:03 pm
LOL. Im not anti-Mike. Im anti calling Mike the best coach ever, something FCJ cant grasp. Im anti acting like this is the 1995 Razorbacks.
Wasn't UNC on tired legs, too? But they won. Then got destroyed by Mich St. UNC doesn't look like such a great loss now.

Im sure the team will be good. I fully expect them to be 3-5 in the SEC standings and make the tourney. That's great.

Also, thanks for being a fan and following online presence, but I don't post on the Rivals MB, Im on the JV board. Maybe you shouldn't hide behind multiple accounts and own up to your identity, or at least quit lurking Rivals.
UNC on tired legs? after their snoozer vs portland st, i sort of doubt that. us on the other hand, took us the entire 40 put to put OU away. If you can't admit the difference, then you are not being objective, but instead are arguing to support your point with no interest in the truth.

hawgball40

1 more thing CFBfanatic, as to fcj isn't articulate enough to make good arguments and doesn't have the emotional maturity to admit when he's wrong and will argue with you to no end, so its just best to ignore him. but i still feel like as much as he gets it wrong, you have it wrong to. this team is very very good, but not elite, however it can rise to the occasion and win the league. thats not out of the realm of possibility.

BannerMountainMan

Well said FCJ!! Great post!! Thank goodness we have Mike Anderson, top 20 coach in the nation, just took awhile for recruiting because this is hard place to recruit, but once you get things going recruiting is gonna be a lot easier!! Woohoo
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: elksnort on November 27, 2017, 01:37:03 pm
So many on this board are so quick to judge and slow to understand. They take one comment by a poster and polarize it.

Don't over react people.

By the way, the Hogs beat the Huskies like a baby seal yesterday. It was gloriously reminiscent of the old days. Just be cautious, there are many games remaining and the SEC looks better than it has in years.

Solid post.

This is what I was trying to get at, besides FCJ's man crush on Mike.

We are good and should make the tourney. Other than that, its hard to tell at the moment exactly who we are. It could be better, could be worse. Don't overact

root_hawg

Call me when we beat a ranked team until then I will take a wait and see approach.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 27, 2017, 08:49:42 pm
UNC on tired legs? after their snoozer vs portland st, i sort of doubt that. us on the other hand, took us the entire 40 put to put OU away. If you can't admit the difference, then you are not being objective, but instead are arguing to support your point with no interest in the truth.
And our 3 starting guards played hard for over 35 minutes each.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 27, 2017, 09:00:31 pm
1 more thing CFBfanatic, as to fcj isn't articulate enough to make good arguments and doesn't have the emotional maturity to admit when he's wrong and will argue with you to no end, so its just best to ignore him. but i still feel like as much as he gets it wrong, you have it wrong to. this team is very very good, but not elite, however it can rise to the occasion and win the league. thats not out of the realm of possibility.

Which wouldn't go against what I said. There are currently 4 SEC teams in the top25, THREE of which are in the top10.

Its not out of the realm of possibility that the Hogs win the league, but looking at the league and looking at history, it would be a difficult task for them to pull off.

The good news is, we have a legitimate chance, which is far better than we have had since Pelphrey's first year.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on November 27, 2017, 09:08:57 pm
Which wouldn't go against what I said. There are currently 4 SEC teams in the top25, THREE of which are in the top10.

Its not out of the realm of possibility that the Hogs win the league, but looking at the league and looking at history, it would be a difficult task for them to pull off.

The good news is, we have a legitimate chance, which is far better than we have had since Pelphrey's first year.
what history man? Arkansas hasn't had a loaded team like this before. So we wouldn't know about CMA's history with a really great team just with decent teams.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

FATHAWG08

I'm sure UCONN will tell you that was 4O MINUTES OF HELL!!
I love off season Football!!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on November 28, 2017, 07:19:17 am
I'm sure UCONN will tell you that was 4O MINUTES OF HELL!!

I dont think uconn knows what that was.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.