Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is not how it works, This is not how any of this works

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 26, 2017, 12:43:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

We beat a team we weren't susposed to beat in Oklahoma and then we stay in the game all the way until 3 minutes left against a top 10 team where we didn't have our player for the last 15 minutes and our best post player was in foul trouble. I don't get how all these CMA bashers come out. If anything when we beat UCONN, then the tourney went better than most all expected.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Razorod

In my mind we were supposed to beat OU. I don't pay too much attention to the national media.

Not down on the team at all. Let's get the Huskies today and we're good to go moving forward.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hawgball40

OU is leading a very talented, but young Oregon team by double digits. Makes our win look that much better. I expect both of us to be ranked in the coming weeks.

Hogsfan1981

Most of those same people thought we were going to be trash this year. They just check the score and then post their opinions.

We are not going to be world beaters this year but we have a good team with a real chance to make some noise in the tournament. Just need a break on matchups.

I love this team and I can't wait to see if they live up to their potential.

Most fans know next to nothing besides the scores tab on ESPN.

Take what they say with a grain of salt. They will be the first to jump on board and the first to jump off.

I think we make the tournament but either way it will be fun to watch.

hawgball40

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on November 26, 2017, 02:27:07 pm
Most of those same people thought we were going to be trash this year. They just check the score and then post their opinions.

We are not going to be world beaters this year but we have a good team with a real chance to make some noise in the tournament. Just need a break on matchups.

Take what they say with a grain of salt. They will be the first to jump on board and the first to jump off.

No offense but that's a loser mentality and its not true. This team doesn't need any breaks. it needs to stop standing around on offense, stay tight on its rotations, and needs more production for the bench.

dsims2k3

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 02:31:23 pm
No offense but that's a loser mentality and its not true. This team doesn't need any breaks. it needs to stop standing around on offense, stay tight on its rotations, and needs more production for the bench.
Basketball is about matchups, period. Getting a  good matchup is indeed a good break.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

bythelake

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on November 26, 2017, 02:27:07 pm

Good post.

hawgball40

Quote from: dsims2k3 on November 26, 2017, 02:34:05 pm
Basketball is about matchups, period.
We shouldn't be afraid of facing teams that some posters deem are "bad matchups".

checkraiser88

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 02:38:22 pm
We shouldn't be afraid of facing teams that some posters deem are "bad matchups".

I don't think we are afraid to play anyone, we have one of the toughest non conference schedules out of anyone in the SEC

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 02:38:22 pm

Nobody is afraid! Match ups matter. Let's get past UCONN.

hawgball40

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 26, 2017, 02:41:31 pm
Nobody is afraid! Match ups matter. Let's get past UCONN.
Speaking of matchups, we forced UNC to play 4 of 5 starters 35+ minutes... Roy griped about it in his post game presser... We're not too shabby our selves.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE