Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiffin

Started by kp72204, December 03, 2017, 10:09:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kp72204

Pigsknuckles

He has been a wildcard, and a loose cannon wherever he has been. Not the kind of stable influence we need.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

OptimusHog

Bring #FreshwaterToFayetteville

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on December 03, 2017, 10:28:14 pm
He has been a wildcard, and a loose cannon wherever he has been. Not the kind of stable influence we need.

We just fired stable influence.

SmokinHog

Quote from: Philip Seaton on December 03, 2017, 11:26:37 pm
We just fired stable influence.

Stable influence ate his way through 5 years here and turned us into a doormat while gaining 100lbs. 

I want to win. Give literally zero Fs about some stupid recruiting hearsay from 10 years ago.

JONAS

Another Kiffin thread.  Haha.

Flrazrback

How would you manage a Lane Kiffin contract? You want him to perform and pay him a salary large enough to sign him. You don't want him leaving in 2 years so you include a buyout clause nobody will touch. BUT...  What if he can't get the job done? Do we then have a Coach we can't get rid of due to contract stipulation on buyout amount? I like the Lane Kiffin idea... But is it right for our program?? How do we assure it has a reasonable safety??

SmokinHog

Quote from: Flrazrback on December 03, 2017, 11:36:16 pm
How would you manage a Lane Kiffin contract? You want him to perform and pay him a salary large enough to sign him. You don't want him leaving in 2 years so you include a buyout clause nobody will touch. BUT...  What if he can't get the job done? Do we then have a Coach we can't get rid of due to contract stipulation on buyout amount? I like the Lane Kiffin idea... But is it right for our program?? How do we assure it has a reasonable safety??

If he leaves after a few years for a quote "better program" it more than likely means he had success here.

I like that to the alternative, like being stuck with Bert and there being ZERO chance anyone would want him.

PigInTheHole

OP's point is irrelevant

nobody pumps gas anymore

#lanetrain
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

Flrazrback

Correct, we paid BB an excessive amount of money to be rid of him. I think Kiffin would be successful. He would be exciting and sell tickets. Guess I'm thinking, like some others, what's the long term effect.

kp72204

Not sure how to manage his contract with regards to him having huge buyout if is\isn't successful. Personally I think he's not ready to coach here. I just think he'll give opposing teams bulletin board material and not be able to cash checks his mouth made.

kp72204

Quote from: PigInTheHole on December 03, 2017, 11:42:37 pm
OP's point is irrelevant

nobody pumps gas anymore

#lanetrain
Touché. Lol

PigInTheHole

Hoggie17

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on December 03, 2017, 10:28:14 pm
I want a winner thats why I would take a chance on him, he might have settled down.

PigInTheHole

Kiffin is sexy

(no homo)

Hoggie17

Quote from: Flrazrback on December 03, 2017, 11:47:42 pm
Correct, we paid BB an excessive amount of money to be rid of him. I think Kiffin would be successful. He would be exciting and sell tickets. Guess I'm thinking, like some others, what's the long term effect.
We have been taking the safe hire for a while and look where it has  us. No, I am ready to take a risk the benefits are worth the risk.

ADavisTheGOAT

Kiffin followed Brandon Martin and Daulton Hyatt on Twitter recently.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

SmokinHog

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on December 03, 2017, 11:56:40 pm

Recently as in??

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: SmokinHog on December 03, 2017, 11:58:29 pm
Recently as in??
Shows up as his latest follows on my phone.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

SmokinHog

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on December 04, 2017, 12:01:32 am
Shows up as his latest follows on my phone.

He does follow a lot of Arkansas guys.

McFadden, D Hyatt, B Martin, Damian Williams.. Clinton hah

Flrazrback

You make a good point. Desperate times do call for desperate measures. I like the Kiffin idea, understand he has a few blems on his record. But he has had success and he is experienced. Big question of course... Will our PTB consider him?

Hoggie17

How could we make it known that we will support Kiffin and that we are tired of the safe hires.  By the way as far as wins goes he is a safe hire.

HOGSWEAT

If we're going to hire a ticking time bomb, we might as well bring back the one who already exploded on us

SmokinHog

Quote from: AR Taco04 on December 04, 2017, 12:27:19 am
If we're going to hire a ticking time bomb, we might as well bring back the one who already exploded on us

I knew Bielema was near bursting, didn't hear it had happened though

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: SmokinHog on December 04, 2017, 12:33:37 am
I knew Bielema was near bursting, didn't hear it had happened though

Oh i'm talking BP edited

RedyorNot

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on December 03, 2017, 11:56:40 pm

And also Ricky Town, Bret Bielema and Mike Leach...