• 389,077 Topics
• 22,027 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Kentucky Football Recruiting  (Read 2517 times)

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Kentucky Football Recruiting
« on: February 05, 2016, 06:53:47 am »

Jon Hale ‏@JonHale_CJ 21h21 hours ago

New Story | Stoops thinks emphasis on commits avoiding other official visits helped keep his best UK class together http://cjky.it/1NSjP1m

For the fourth consecutive year, Mark Stoops signed a class ranked among the top 40 in the country by Rivals.com

The 2016 class tied for second among that group at No. 29, 12 spots lower than his most highly touted class from 2014, but Stoops made no secret of where he thinks this class ranks among his UK groups during a national signing day news conference.

“I don't know where the numbers stack up,” Stoops said. “I don't really care. From my point of view, absolutely top to bottom, I feel like it's the most solid group. I feel like there's elite talent in this group and I feel like there's great glue, there's great players, great program guys.”

2016 class included Stoops’ second recruit rated as a five-star prospect by any recruiting service, but the first UK signee given that rating by Rivals.com since the website started rating recruits in 2002. It included six other players listed as a four-star prospect by at least one of the four major recruiting services.

Thanks to a strong local nucleus and an added emphasis on getting commitments on campus, the staff was also able to avoid the late defections that plagued the 2015 class.

“I think this year we made it a point in just the message,” Stoops said. “A lot of times guys just want to take trips. What happens is when they want to take trips, it gets you that crack in the door, sends the wrong message to the other recruits. There were several guys down the stretch: ‘I'm going to take a trip here, a trip there.’ We let them know that's not the perception we want from this class. These guys have been solid, they've been holding true and steady for a year.”

Recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow thinks there is a direct correlation between a recruit’s number of visits to campus and his willingness to honor a commitment...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Re: Kentucky Football Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 06:55:17 am »

SEC Network ‏@SECNetwork 15h15 hours ago

"I believe it's our most solid class."

@UKCoachStoops on #B16BlueNation: http://bit.ly/1PVpZ21 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 01:49:32 pm »

Herald-Leader Sports ‏@KentuckySports 6h6 hours ago

Trio of talented new cornerbacks give UK’s defensive backfield another boost
 http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-football/article58509638.html

Four-star cornerback Jordan Griffin — a standout player from Jonesboro High School in the Atlanta area — had been committed to the Wildcats for more than a year. He had taken a last-minute visit to Auburn and had other scholarship offers from the likes of Clemson and Stanford. But he had also publicly declared his recruitment finished several days ago, saying he was firmly committed to Kentucky.

The high school senior informed his future head coach that a coach from another school — “I’m not going to say who,” said Stoops — was still hounding his mom, trying to convince them not to sign with UK.

“Tell them I got the fax in my hand,” Stoops told him. “It’s over.”

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 07:56:20 am »

Herald-Leader Sports ‏@KentuckySports 6h6 hours ago

Trio of talented new cornerbacks give UK’s defensive backfield another boost
 http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-football/article58509638.html

Aaron Suttles ‏@AaronSuttles 23h23 hours ago

BREAKING: Alabama has landed its new defensive assistant coach and it's a name Crimson Tide fans are familiar with.

For those not familiar with Derrick Ansley: Excellent recruiter, highly thought of at Alabama, rising star in coaching, from Alabama.

Waited until after signing day

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 02:30:08 pm »

ESPN SEC ‏@ESPN_SEC 1h1 hour ago

Recapping Kentucky's national signing day http://es.pn/1PMkXt5

Kentucky Wildcats finished with the No. 34 recruiting class nationally and the No. 12 class in the SEC.

The big question for me is at quarterback. It’s not a question of talent. If anything, it should be considered a position of strength with the additions of Gunnar Hoak and Stephen Johnson II. But will either player push Drew Barker for playing time next fall? Johnson, in particular, is a junior college transfer who seems to fit well with new offensive coordinator Eddie Gran because of his ability to run...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 04:14:19 pm »

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 50m50 minutes ago

SportsTalk Retweeted Eric Douglas

#STRecruiting:  OL Eric Douglas of Charlotte gets a Kentucky offer.  Also has USC and Clemson offers. 

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 07:28:14 am »

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 13h13 hours ago

NEW: Three-star defensive tackle Quinton Bohanna commits to Kentucky http://bit.ly/1QfulFT

Quinton Bohanna's commitment moves UK up to the No. 9 spot nationally in the 247Sports team rankings for 2017. 2nd in SEC behind Alabama.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 11:29:24 am »

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats Feb 25

UK commitment Mac Jones now ranked as nation's #19 pro-style QB by 247Sports, which had him ranked #37 last week. http://247sports.com/Article/The-Opening-Orlando-rankings-updates-43918760

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 06:34:54 pm »

Reports that '17 Belfry Bats OT Austin Dotson gave a verbal to Kentucky.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 03:27:01 pm »

Tyler Thompson ‏@MrsTylerKSR 50m50 minutes ago

Mark Stoops just picked up his 9th commitment in the 2017 class, Jamin Davis: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/2017-olbath-jamin-davis-commits-to-kentucky/

'17 outside linebacker/athlete Jamin Davis just committed to Kentucky

The 6’3″ 206 lbs. Davis is from Ludowici, Georgia, and visited Kentucky over the weekend for Junior Day, when he picked up an offer. He only other offers (sic) are from Georgia State and Tulane

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 10:18:30 am »

Four-star quarterback Mac Jones told the Herald-Leader on Tuesday night that he has recently spoken to UK offensive coaches Eddie Gran and Darin Hinshaw and cleared up the status of his commitment to the Wildcats.

There was some confusion over how much Jones — a pocket passer — would be asked to run in UK’s offense, so much so that a Rivals.com analyst predicted the 6-foot-3 quarterback would ultimately choose another school before the end of his recruitment.

Rivals.com ranks Jones, a Jacksonville, Fla., native, as the No. 15 pro-style quarterback in the class of 2017.

He committed to UK in July and told the Herald-Leader last week that he was still “solid” with that pledge to the Wildcats despite the postseason departure of his lead recruiter, former offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson, and new scholarship offers from several other schools.

The latest snag came over the confusion of how much UK’s new coaches would want to use him in the running game. Jones said he has since spoken with both Gran and Hinshaw to clarify that subject, and he’s comfortable with what his role would be in their offense.

“The confusion is cleared up,” Jones said Tuesday.

Stated plans for regular unofficial visits at key events.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 06:45:45 am »

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 12h12 hours ago

Cats now have a four-star QB, WR and DE (per Rivals rankings) committed for 2017.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 06:30:00 am »

Kentucky's '16 5-star OT Landon Young:

I was at Ohio State having a private meeting with Urban Meyer. I had gone up to camp there, and they had treated me like a piece of meat, just treated me like crap. By that time, I was a four-star tackle. I weighed about 270 [pounds], and I was 6-7.

I wasn’t even on their radar. I came back up after they offered me. Four straight days, I got (offers from) the University of Cincinnati, Alabama, Auburn and then Ohio State. I went up and said, ‘Coach (Meyer), what was the reason that you all of a sudden offered me?’ He said, ‘We looked at your tape, and it was pretty good and I saw interest in that.’ I said, ‘Well coach, back when I was just committing to Kentucky and keeping my options open, I came up to a camp and sent you my film and everything, and you didn’t even reply. It seemed like y’all just deleted it.’

He said, ‘Well, if you look back at that time, you were how big?’ I said, ‘6-7, 270, just like I am now.’ He said, ‘Well, you were an insubstantial tackle, an insubstantial player,’ so he was saying I (didn’t) even amount to being able to be recruited by Ohio State as a four-star tackle. He said, ‘Now what offers did you have?’ I said, ‘I had my one from Kentucky,’ and he said, ‘Well, you were an insubstantial player with insubstantial offers from an insubstantial school.’

That sort of put me on a bad note because that’s the team I’m committed to. He called me a bad player at that. That doesn’t usually sit well with kids. I may not have been the best, but saying I was an insubstantial player sort of hit me the wrong way.

Top 30 overall in the nation

William Gunter ‏@WilGunter 15h15 hours ago

Urban just keepin it real with the young fella. Some Pepe don't like keepin it real.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 05:20:48 pm »

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC  5h5 hours ago
Kentucky’s recruiting hot streak rolls on with DE Alex King, pushes class past Tide http://sec.news/22YZfu3

6-foot-3, 225-pound Mason, Ohio three-star defensive end Alex King, one of the Wildcats’ top targets, announced his decision. He’s rated as the No. 20 player in the state and the No. 26 defensive end in the country.

King has received 14 scholarship offers and chose UK over SEC East rival Tennessee. His addition gives Kentucky 11 total commitments for what is shaping up to be a very impressive Class of 2017.

Kentucky moved ahead of Alabama and now has the No. 1 class in the SEC, and the No. 6 class in our nation.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 12:32:08 pm »

Kentucky's '16 5-star OT Landon Young:

Top 30 overall in the nation

William Gunter ‏@WilGunter 15h15 hours ago

Urban just keepin it real with the young fella. Some Pepe don't like keepin it real.

Urban Meyer responds to Kentucky signee saying Buckeyes ‘treated him like crap’

Class of 2016 offensive lineman Landon Young (Lexington, Ky.) signed with Kentucky after being recruited by multiple high-profile programs across the nation.

But the coveted four-star prospect exclusively told SEC Country that he felt disrespected by Big Ten power Ohio State, and that its coaching staff “treated him like crap.”

“I did read (the comments by Young),” Meyer said, according to 247Sports’ Steve Helwagen. “We had a lot of respect for him as a player. A lot. I was very disappointed in our staff that we did not offer him earlier.

“About treating him bad, we don’t do that on purpose. If those are his feelings … I went back and talked to our staff about that because you don’t want that out there. But when you have one out of 650 that say that someone was treated bad. …

“I know we did not offer him early. Afterwards, he really grew into a great player and we missed on him early on. I was very upset with our coaching staff, the recruiter in the area and then the position coach. That’s the way we do our business here. We do address that. I don’t want that out there.”

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 09:43:37 am »

A few days removed from four-star quarterback Mac Jones’ highly successful recruiting visit to Lexington, the University of Alabama has given UK’s coaching staff something new to worry about.

Jones announced Sunday morning that he has received a scholarship offer from the Crimson Tide

“Thinking about it, I’ve seen everywhere I wanted to see, and Kentucky is the best fit,” Jones said Tuesday night. “I’m not going to go out of my way to visit any more (schools).”

Until this weekend, Arizona State appeared to be the Cats’ top competition for Jones, who visited that school’s campus the previous week and apparently decided to stick with UK.

But it was clear that Jones — a Jacksonville, Fla., native — would be picking up more scholarship offers in the lead up to national signing day, which is still more than nine months away. Rivals.com recently bumped him up to four-star status, ranked him as the No. 15 pro-style quarterback in the class and honored him with the QB MVP trophies at high-profile camps in Atlanta and Orlando.

A scholarship offer from Alabama is about as big as it gets in college football recruiting, and it won’t be a surprise if Jones decides to visit Tuscaloosa and keep his options open moving forward.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 06:27:48 am »

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 12h12 hours ago

Four-star athlete Tyrell Ajian has committed to UK. Another huge addition for 2017.

Rivals ranks new UK commit Tyrell Ajian as the #10 recruit in OH for 2017. Cats now have the #2, 7, 10, 19, 28, 29 recruits from the state.

ESPN ranks Tyrell Ajian as the #82 overall prospect nationally for the class of 2017. They have him as the #8 safety. Again, huge addition.

Four-star prospect Tyrell Ajian committed to the Wildcats, becoming the latest high-profile recruit from Ohio to join UK’s class of 2017, which is currently regarded as one of the best in the country.

UK now has commitments from six of the top 30 prospects from Ohio for the class of 2017, according to the Rivals.com rankings. Already committed to the Cats were wide receiver JaVonte Richardson (No. 2 in the state), defensive end James Hudson (No. 7), linebacker Alex King (No. 19), and running backs Michael Warren (No. 28) and Bryant Koback (No. 29). Rivals ranks Ajian as the No. 10 prospect in the state.

UK now has 12 total commitments for the class of 2017, and the addition of Ajian moved the Cats to No. 6 nationally in the 247Sports class rankings for next year. Kentucky is now tops in the Southeastern Conference — one spot ahead of Alabama —

LMS

• Band Nerd
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 07:00:08 am »

They killing it. Urb sure was BS'ing after that kid put him on blast though.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 06:01:01 pm »

https://twitter.com/__BallisLife2/status/733019513806032896

Shane R. Kinnee ‏@SRKinnee May 15

2017 Toledo (OH) Kentucky DL James Hudson Talks Upcoming Michigan Visit And Recruitment: http://www.thewolverinedaily.com/2017-toledo-oh

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2016, 03:10:17 pm »

Ben Roberts
‏@NextCats

Juco DL Phil Hoskins committed to Kentucky during today's visit. Offers from Baylor, Houston, Mississippi State, others. @KentuckySports
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:03:27 pm by jbcarol »

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2016, 06:30:53 am »

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/740358746690490369

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 8h8 hours ago

Gotta say, more I think on it, more I don't like Hinshaw subtweeting Mac Jones for flipping to Bama. Did Hinshsaw not bolt on Cincy players?

4-star quarterback prospect Mac Jones flipped from Kentucky to Alabama on Tuesday evening. The Bolles School (Jacksonville, Fla.) product had been committed to the Wildcats since 2015.

Following the news, Kentucky’s co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Darin Hinshaw tweeted out a quote attributed to James E. Faust:

“In this life, we have to make many choices,” the message read. “Some are very important choices. Some are not. Many of our choices are between good and evil. The choices we make, however, determine to a large extent our happiness or our unhappiness, because we have to live with the consequences of our choices.”

UPDATE: Jones tweeted out a since-deleted post soon after Hinshaw’s tweet began drawing a lot of attention on social media.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2016, 10:56:54 am »

https://twitter.com/MrsTylerKSR/status/740706253916241920

Last night, Mac Jones flipped his commitment from Kentucky to Alabama, an understandable decision for a 17-year-old quarterback, albeit one that stings quite a bit for the UK Football program. Over the past few months, Jones positioned himself as the centerpiece of UK’s 2017 class, going as far as to don a hard hat and pose in front of the program’s new practice facility. “Mac the Builder” being #AllIn with UK Football then flipping hurts, but more interesting to me is what Jones’ decision — and what happened afterwards — says about college football recruiting. Specifically, that it sucks...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 07:03:52 am »

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/742520708492840960

It may have been a surprise to most when Jacksonville, Fla., quarterback Mac Jones committed to Alabama last week, especially since the Crimson Tide already had one verbal pledge in this class at the position.

But Jones, a 6-foot-2, 185-pound four-star recruit, knew where he stood with Alabama.

He came to Tuscaloosa last week and threw for the coaching staff. Right then, he was given the green light to commit and did so on Tuesday, switching his commitment from Kentucky to Alabama.

Here, Jones talks about his decision and the events surrounding it, especially when a Kentucky assistant supposedly subtweeted Jones about his decision to flip.

Kentucky coach Darin Hinshaw tweeted about choices and Kiffin retweeted it. It looked like the tweet was directed at you. How did you handle the social media backlash after the flip from Kentucky?

"Coach Hinshaw probably didn't mean to blow it up like that. He's allowed to tweet whatever he wants. Coach Kiffin told me he was going to get my back and he retweeted it. I was pretty happy about that. It shows that Coach Kiffin has my back. The other twitter stuff, I didn't really read. Some people shot direct messages at me on Twitter and Facebook, got my number, stuff like that. People were pretty pissed about it. I had to read those because I didn't know where they were coming from. But I feel like I handled it pretty well."

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 06:25:02 am »

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2016, 10:10:19 am »

https://twitter.com/MrsTylerKSR/status/743916674919895041

UK Football coaching staff was dealt a blow when 2017 WR/CB Russ Yeast decommitted. Coming on the heels of Mac Jones’ decommitment last week, the announcement was discouraging, especially since Yeast is a legacy recruit. On this morning’s show, recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow was asked how the staff deals with decommitments, and while he was unable to speak about specific recruits, he gave a pretty interesting answer.

“I think kids, sometimes they commit, they come to a school, they commit, they fall in love with the coaching staff, the university, and then they go back home and that’s what their choice is, but then, in this time and day, you get a lot of people in the guys’ ears, whether they got relatives that went to Michigan or cousins at Michigan State, and they way we’ve been recruiting in Toledo, which is a Big 10 area, we’ve took a lot — I don’t know the number of kids we took out of Ohio — now, we start to get bombarded from a lot of other schools just teaming in on us.”

“I tell kids, if they’re unsure — and this actually comes from Coach Stoops — if they’re unsure, then don’t commit. But when they actually committed to us and they start wavering a little bit, instead of going and visiting all these schools and have our name attached to it, you probably need to decommit because that’s something Coach Stoops won’t stand for.”

Marrow pointed out that just because kids decommit doesn’t mean they won’t eventually recommit, using defensive end Denzil Ware and safety Marcus Walker as examples of players who backed off their commitments but changed their minds in the end.

“A lot of these kids that decommitted, we are still one or two on their list,” Marrow said.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2016, 01:21:11 pm »

UK currently sits at 80 scholarship players for the 2016 season if junior-college transfer Jordan Bonner joins the rest of the 2016 class on campus in August.

With only eight scholarship seniors set to depart after the season UK is currently looking at 13 open scholarship spots for 2017. That number will undoubtedly increase when the seniors are joined by several transfers between now and the spring as some players leave the program in search of a bigger role elsewhere, but the 2017 class will not approach the 25-man limit. I’m told the final number is likely to be around “16 or 17.” That would leave room for six more players in UK’s current 11-man class.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2016, 01:03:18 pm »

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 1m1 minute ago

Kentucky receives commitment from Florida CB Cedrick Dort http://sec.news/2aKQhLJ

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2016, 10:05:45 am »

Kentucky got a commitment Tuesday afternoon of three-star cornerback Cedrick Dort

Dort — a 6-foot-1 prospect from Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. — is a bit of an under-the-radar recruit, but he impressed UK’s coaching staff during his visit for the team’s Sunday Night Lights camp at Commonwealth Stadium a couple of weeks ago.

He chose the Wildcats over reported scholarship offers from Cincinnati, Iowa State, Minnesota, Rutgers, Syracuse and Wisconsin, among others.

Dort concentrated on basketball instead of football...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2016, 04:20:32 pm »

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats Aug 8

Former UK football commitment James Hudson has committed to Michigan.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2016, 07:55:40 am »

https://twitter.com/KyleTucker_AJC/status/765245289972305920

Battle of Wills: UK football trying to keep another in-state 5-star from Alabama

Stoops struck an early blow, beating the Tide for 5-star defensive tackle Matt Elam in 2014, but Nick Saban counterpunched the next year by stealing Damien Harris, the nation’s top running back prospect, from nearby Berea, Ky. Now the tug-of-war is on again with 5-star offensive tackle Jedrick Wills, whose high school is just two miles from Kentucky’s campus.

A college decision is coming soon for Wills, rated the No. 3 tackle and No. 17 overall prospect in the Class of 2017 by Rivals.com, and no one has put in more time pursuing him than the Wildcats.

“They’ve been recruiting me heavy since eighth-grade year,” the now 6-foot-5½, 318-pound Wills told SEC Country before a Lafayette High practice this week. He believes in Stoops and has great relationships with the Cats’ other coaches, easily rattling off four of their names. “They were the first school I talked to, first school I visited. I’ve been with those guys from the beginning.”

But the Crimson Tide, with their four national titles in seven years and yet another No. 1-ranked recruiting class in progress, loom large. Wills’ high school coach, Eric Shaw, raved recently about what a great fit Alabama would be and said this week he expects an announcement before Lafayette’s season opener on Aug. 19.

“Something real simple and sweet – probably just a tweet,” Shaw said. “I think we’re there. His focus is Lafayette football. We lost in the state finals last year and we’re all hungry to get back there. That’s his focus. We don’t need any distractions, and he doesn’t either.”

The negative recruiting script could read: "Bama loves to sign the top recruits from states that do not have as much and then stick them on the end of the bench for four years. If you bust your hump and graduate in three years for a chance to transfer, expect your belongings to be placed in the trash and your access to the facility denied."

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2016, 07:01:57 pm »

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/768950653439864833

Michael Nesbitt, a 3-star recruit from Fort Lauderdale, Fla. gave the Wildcats his pledge.

Nesbitt is 6-foot-1, 180 pounds and has recorded a 4.4-second time in the 40-yard dash. He also has been timed at 10.5 seconds at 100 meters.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2016, 08:52:45 am »

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/790899901618008064

Craig Yeast was Tim Couch's favorite target.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2016, 12:09:39 pm »

Ben Roberts ‏@BenRobertsHL 3h3 hours ago

UK up to No. 33 nationally in Rivals rankings with Paschal's commitment. https://kentucky.rivals.com/commitments  Many of Cats' top targets still out there.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2016, 10:01:59 am »

Kentucky’s recruiting momentum rolled on Thursday night as 3-star wide receiver prospect Isaiah Epps became the Wildcats’ fourth commitment of the week.

Epps, a Jenks, Oklahoma native, visited UK on Dec. 9 and the Wildcats alway appeared [sic] the favorite to land him.

He would be the Cats’ 20th commitment in the class [iff [sic] UK is able to retain the commits to the Class o' '17].

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2016, 07:51:55 am »

https://twitter.com/BenRobertsHL/status/811627803384942592

Jordan Wright is also the 7th player from Florida to commit to UK for 2017. FLA now leads Ohio, 7-6, in 2017 commits

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2016, 12:57:15 pm »

'17 Stockbridge .89 CB Yusuf Corker gave a verbal to UK.

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2017, 07:15:02 am »

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/820355268156526592

Bowden, 6-foot-1 and 185 pounds, chose Kentucky over Michigan State, Penn State and West Virginia. A quarterback in high school, Bowden likely will play slot receiver for the Wildcats but also could be tested as a running back.

Bowden’s athleticism could help him make an early impact for the Cats at either position with the losses of running back Boom Williams and wide receiver Jeff Badet. Williams and Badet were two of Kentucky’s most electric playmakers —

4-star athlete is the sixth Ohio commitment in Kentucky’s 2017 class.

Stoops is putting together the best class since his arrival in Lexington. The 2017 group is ranked No. 21 in the country.

Bowden’s commitment makes him the 23rd member of the class. Top remaining targets include 4-star WR Danny Davis (Springfield, Ohio), 4-star OT Thayer Munford (Massillon, Ohio) and 3-star WR Kevaughn Dingle...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2017, 07:39:21 am »

https://twitter.com/joe_mussatto/status/823209917096067073

FOIA: Kentucky athletic department devoted an annual average of $514,483 to football recruiting in fiscal years 2013-16. The cost is more than $150,000 higher on average per year than what the school was spending from 2010-12, the three years before Stoops’ first recruiting class.

Recruiting expenses, as stated in the reports, encompass the following: “Transportation, lodging and meals for prospective student-athletes and institutional personnel on official and unofficial visits, telephone call charges, postage, value of use of institution’s own vehicles or airplanes as well as in-kind value of loaned or contributed transportation.”

The numbers under Stoops are a significant increase even factoring inflation.

SEC Country did not obtain membership reports from the other [public] schools in the conference.

Auburn spent $1,280,265 on football recruiting in 2014 — the most in the SEC. The Tigers were followed by Alabama ($1,275,684), Georgia ($717,092) and Arkansas ($686,514).

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas