Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vandy hires Jerry Stackhouse

Started by jbcarol, March 23, 2019, 08:27:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Adam Sparks
‏Verified account@AdamSparks

Fifteen coaches Vanderbilt basketball should consider to replace Bryce Drew https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2019/03/22/vanderbilt-basketball-coach-search-candidates-bryce-drew/3246266002/ ... via @tennessean

QuoteVanderbilt athletics director Malcolm Turner is looking for a new men's basketball coach after firing Bryce Drew on Friday.

Vanderbilt will use Korn Ferry, a Los Angeles-based consulting firm, in the search. But Turner undoubtedly has a few names already in mind. The Commodores could go in numerous directions for this hire. To tip off the search, here are 15 names Vanderbilt should consider:

Musselman could be an interesting candidate to Turner, the former NBA G-League president. Musselman has a 110-34 record at Nevada, including three NCAA Tournament appearances and a Sweet 16 run. But Musselman also spent about 15 years in the NBA and G-League (then called the D-League), including serving as the Golden State Warriors' coach in 2002-04.

Nate Oats...

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 01, 2023, 04:12:03 pmI don't need to engage with the maniacal idiots to prove I support the Hogs. As I age, I just ignore it.  I don't argue with friends over it, I don't leave the radio on when the nauseous people are on air and on HV I use the block feature.

jbcarol

jbcarol

New Vandy AD Malcolm Turner is a UNC grad. Loves those early and mid 90's Tar Heel teams.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

News broke on Friday that former North Carolina star and NBA veteran Jerry Stackhouse would be named the new head coach at Vanderbilt

QuoteStackhouse, 44, is currently an assistant coach for the Memphis Grizzlies (although he's not currently listed on the franchise's online staff directory) where he's been since June 15 when coach J.B. Bickerstaff added him as an assistant. The Grizzlies, eliminated from Western Conference playoff contention, have their regular season end Wednesday.

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN the deal is for six years and, "Vanderbilt has pledged to upgrade its financial commitment to the program, including assistant coaching salaries and budgets."

jbcarol

jackflash

jbcarol

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSparks/status/1115631065115193351

Stackhouse: There are only two ways of doing things: the right way and again.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol