Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So what happened with Pinalto?

Started by charlie harper, May 16, 2006, 09:53:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoop

Has anyone seen the clip of Nutt walking up to Ziemba at spring practice, and Nutt has the hog helmet in his hand, probably telling Lee that he'll look good with a hog helmet on. Everytime I see this clip, I cringe. Its the way he walks up to him that drives me crazy. Why the hell we don't get rid of this coach, is beyond me. Its embarrasing.
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 16, 2006, 05:06:21 pm
Mike and "some guys." Got it.

I wish you knew who all was posting in this thread.  Its interesting stuff. 

Especially when one of these people is told that "he" doesn't know when recruits start taking visits.

I honestly about rolled out of my chair when that was said.

Spook i am not speaking about you specifically, but seriously.  Some people are so stubborn that they refuse to admit and see the truth when its right in front of their eyes.

I had a guy tell me he doesn't believe what has been said about HDN recently.  I asked him why, and his response was.

"Because if its true then we have a bunch of high school idiots running the program.  There is no way an educated adult would do the things that are being said about him."

He doesn't ignore the facts, he refuses to believe them because he has to have some sort of hope to hold on to.  I believe that is happening a lot on this board.  People have to have hope.  Without it, whats to look forward to?  People, Arkansas is behind, way behind in recruiting.  We have been asleep at the wheel.  People think the problems were the cloud, yet they failed to see what other problems there were and just used the cloud as a blanket excuse.  Sorry but there are other problems as well. 

Why is no one talking about if relationships with some High School Coaches has had any work to repair the damage.  I know some coaches that will not even speak to Nutt.  Now how much damage do you think that does when a D1 player comes out of that school? 

Spook when we say some guys, sometimes we do it to hide identities because of the proximity to the situation.  Just remember that.  A few of the people you see posting every day are a lot closer to the program than most people would realize.  There is a reason some people use annonymous nicknames on here. 

codeHog

well a few here know so much more than the whole staff at Arkansas and are experts above Otis when he MADE recruiting in the state of Arkansas and they have done nothing but nip at his heals because he has owned them so many times :)

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on May 16, 2006, 05:25:42 pm

Especially when one of these people is told that "he" doesn't know when recruits start taking visits.

Spook i am not speaking about you specifically, but seriously.  Some people are so stubborn that they refuse to admit and see the truth when its right in front of their eyes.

I had a guy tell me he doesn't believe what has been said about HDN recently.  I asked him why, and his response was.

"Because if its true then we have a bunch of high school idiots running the program.  There is no way an educated adult would do the things that are being said about him."

He doesn't ignore the facts, he refuses to believe them because he has to have some sort of hope to hold on to.  I believe that is happening a lot on this board.  People have to have hope.  Without it, whats to look forward to?  People, Arkansas is behind, way behind in recruiting.  We have been asleep at the wheel.  People think the problems were the cloud, yet they failed to see what other problems there were and just used the cloud as a blanket excuse.  Sorry but there are other problems as well. 

Why is no one talking about if relationships with some High School Coaches has had any work to repair the damage.  I know some coaches that will not even speak to Nutt.  Now how much damage do you think that does when a D1 player comes out of that school? 

Spook when we say some guys, sometimes we do it to hide identities because of the proximity to the situation.  Just remember that.  A few of the people you see posting every day are a lot closer to the program than most people would realize.  There is a reason some people use annonymous nicknames on here. 

Bravo!

HellsBlueSky

May 16, 2006, 05:41:37 pm #104 Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 05:44:07 pm by HellsBlueSky
 :razorback:

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: reddogfan on May 16, 2006, 03:36:37 pmI'm the new Hogville recruiting guru...didn't they tell you guys!  They pay me big bucks to stalk the prospects at every unofficial and official visit and call them constantly.  Course, I don't bug them much cuz after a couple of months, for some reason, they never seem to be home.  But I'll track them down and get the story for you guys...

I love you.

MrSpook1352

May 16, 2006, 06:03:12 pm #106 Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 06:09:23 pm by MrSpook1352

Even if I knew who posted on here - I'm not someone who gets impressed with "who" someone is.  I'm more impressed by what they do with it.  If people profess to know al that's wrong with the program and the total sum of what they do with that info is to post it anonymously on a message board - it ain't that impressive.  Show me someone who knows that the program is a wreck and is willing to save the program even if it creates discomfort and I'll be impressed.  Until then, opinions are opinions and everybody's got one.  Some are right and some are wrong.  I realize some think I don't know a thing - whoop de do.  I think some people are completely full of it.  Again - whoop de do.  All I've ever asked for on the board is: If you want me to believe you then show me, don't tell me.  If you can't do that (and a couple of people have been brave enough to give me more than just anonymous info) then don't worry that I think your opinion is just an opinion.

By the way, my name is Mark Barton from El Dorado, Arkansas - I teach at the local Community College

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 16, 2006, 06:03:12 pm

Even if I knew who posted on here - I'm not someone who gets impressed with "who" someone is.  I'm more impressed by what they do with it.  If people profess to know al that's wrong with the program and the total sum of what they do with that info is to post it anonymously on a message board - it ain't that impressive.  Show me someone who knows that the program is a wreck and is willing to save the program even if it creates discomfort and I'll be impressed.  Until then, opinions are opinions and everybody's got one.  Some are right and some are wrong.  I realize some think I don't know a thing - whoop de do.  I think some people are completely full of it.  Again - whoop de do.  All I've ever asked for on the board is: If you want me to believe you then show me, don't tell me.  If you can't do that (and a couple of people have been brave enough to give me more than just anonymous info) then don't worry that I think your opinion is just an opinion.

Thanks for that post.  You completely illustrated my point.  People in the know who are posting here are doing exactly what you said.  They are trying to let others know what is going on.  They are not running from the problem nor are they doing nothing.  They are on here, helping to let others know what kind of problems there are. 

Honestly we believe that a large majority of people have to be screaming about problems before things will be done.  We learned that last year with the 5% comments. 

People are here trying to educate others.  I apologize if you expect some on here to bring you concrete rock hard proof.  Sometimes you can't do that.  A lot of this stuff is not reported because the people involved don't want it to be.  Example some of the stuff nutt says to his buddies is not going to be on the 6pm news, and there is no way to get you in that conversation so your going to have to take someone's word for it when they talk to that buddy and he shares what was said.

We are doing our best to be optimistic, and yet realistic.  We also are not going to follow the party line of saying things are great.  We will tell it like it is, and if you choose to ignore.  Then thats your choice, however we will not be part of the problem on this website.

idochog

This Pinalto deal is a microcasm of what has been 8 years of ineptness from the recruiting part of the job that HDN has done.

HDN has had a long list of this mess,

Not to mention, I know high school coaches that tell me junk about HDNs recruiting.  He needs to go.
I love Jesus!

tophawg19

thf how many of these people are really in a position to make a difference ? i'm told by someone i believe is very credible that we have several major boosters that post here . i have'nt seen this confirmed but i trust him . also i was told that several ex players post here but not under their own names .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 16, 2006, 06:15:34 pm
thf how many of these people are really in a position to make a difference ? i'm told by someone i believe is very credible that we have several major boosters that post here . i have'nt seen this confirmed but i trust him . also i was told that several ex players post here but not under their own names .

You would be smart to believe them.

You would be smart to believe that, people even closer, read and even post here.

MrSpook1352

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on May 16, 2006, 06:09:25 pm

Thanks for that post.  You completely illustrated my point.  People in the know who are posting here are doing exactly what you said.  They are trying to let others know what is going on.  They are not running from the problem nor are they doing nothing.  They are on here, helping to let others know what kind of problems there are. 

Honestly we believe that a large majority of people have to be screaming about problems before things will be done.  We learned that last year with the 5% comments. 

People are here trying to educate others.  I apologize if you expect some on here to bring you concrete rock hard proof.  Sometimes you can't do that.  A lot of this stuff is not reported because the people involved don't want it to be.  Example some of the stuff nutt says to his buddies is not going to be on the 6pm news, and there is no way to get you in that conversation so your going to have to take someone's word for it when they talk to that buddy and he shares what was said.

We are doing our best to be optimistic, and yet realistic.  We also are not going to follow the party line of saying things are great.  We will tell it like it is, and if you choose to ignore.  Then thats your choice, however we will not be part of the problem on this website.

Not a problem.  I enjoy the site whether someone posts from behind a curtain or on a rooftop.  But I'm gonna be straight with you - the men and women behind the curtain are going to just have to be satisfied with my skepticism.  You speak from the closet, I think you're someone in a closet.  You're still an okay human being.  Just don't expect me to believe the darksider "line" if it can't come out of the closet.  I've never gotten mad yet at anybody on the board and I don't intend to.  I state my opinion and critique others'.  That's my right. Don't like what I say - just keep educating me. That's your right.   WPS

Hawgon

QuoteNot to mention, I know high school coaches that tell me junk about HDNs recruiting.  He needs to go.

Lordy, that is the truth.  I talked to one last year that has several players playing for HDN now and turns out two to three D-1 recruits a year.  He just had a player commit to a major Big Ten school (that shouldn't be too hard to figure out), and he is not impressed with HDN.  We have a veritable football factory within three and half hours of Fayettville and unless the kid grew up a lifelong hog fan, we won't even get a sniff from a kid at that school.  Of course, this is happening everywhere.  I remember how bad we used to hate on the Warren coach, now it seems as though he merely got smart before the rest of us.

reddogfan

May 16, 2006, 06:34:07 pm #113 Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 06:37:03 pm by reddogfan

Even if I knew who posted on here - I'm not someone who gets impressed with "who" someone is.  I'm more impressed by what they do with it.  If people profess to know al that's wrong with the program and the total sum of what they do with that info is to post it anonymously on a message board - it ain't that impressive.  Show me someone who knows that the program is a wreck and is willing to save the program even if it creates discomfort and I'll be impressed.  

There are people on this board that have done exactly that...they have stuck their necks out and done more than you will ever know to try to help this program.  There are people on here who have risk their livelyhoods, their family's futures, and their reputations to try to make changes within the program.  You couldn't possibly know the "discomfort" some have experienced.
I agree that there is a ton of BS on this board, just as there are on other boards.  But there is also a lot of  information that can be extremely enlightening. One thing I have learned...if a poster has been validated by a number of other posters, you might just be enlightened if you really pay attention.
A majority of the posters on this board are not, and never will be, in the position to make the changes that need to be made.  But they have the right to have a forum where they can voice their opinions.  Some are negative, some are hopeful, some are disgustingly postive.  Some are full of it, some know what they are talking about, some are still trying to figure out what day it is.
You just have to figure out who's who...when you do that, you will be less likely to get slammed.

FLKeysGuy

reddogfan

MrSpook1352

May 16, 2006, 06:43:53 pm #116 Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 06:46:00 pm by MrSpook1352
Great post, reddog.  I don't disagree at all.  Just remember - if someone wants me to be impressed with them, they have to show me what I'm supposed to be impressed with.  Some allegation that they know something may be true - but it's irrelevant to me if it's just a disconnected allegation.  Some may be afraid to share some fact with me - that's alright!  All it means is they were afraid.  And I don't mind getting slammed.  No one can say or do anything to me that I can't overcome.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: reddogfan on May 16, 2006, 06:41:39 pm
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on May 16, 2006, 06:39:58 pm
what day is it? 8)
Saturday... you can sleep in tomorrow!

Saturday?  I'm in trouble!!!  I just missed a very important graduation ceremony!!! 

Macgyver Hawg

Quote from: reddogfan on May 16, 2006, 02:53:13 pm
Quote from: bigred7987 on May 16, 2006, 02:38:55 pm
Also reddog...maybe your not aware of when kids take their visits. 
You're right...I'm probably clueless.  I don't have a lick of recruiting sense. Arkansas has just done a dandy job of recruiting in the past and it has certainly paid off big.
When they start listening to people who have experienced what actually works in recruiting, maybe, just maybe, Arkansas will become competative. Fortunately, a few of them are listening...

That's about the funniest thing I've ever read on a message board.

reddogfan

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on May 16, 2006, 06:44:28 pm
what day is it? 8)

Saturday?  I'm in trouble!!!  I just missed a very important graduation ceremony!!! 
No, it's LAST Saturday! 
BTW, see you there and come say HI! Two down, ten more years to go!!

tophawg19

i do tend to agree some of this sounds like nazi germany where the SS troops get you if your not secerative but i do understand that not all info can be given without revealing who gave it . i like most of the posters but at times wonder about everyones credibility .you say they were made uncomfortable but didn't cite cases . this just leaves everyone to guess who is credible and who isn't and with 9000 members that is hard to do.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: reddogfan on May 16, 2006, 06:48:44 pm
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on May 16, 2006, 06:44:28 pm
what day is it? 8)

No, it's LAST Saturday! 
BTW, see you there and come say HI! Two down, ten more years to go!!

I'll get in the time machine and go back to last Saturday... now if you think about it, you'll "remember" I did say "hi" to you.  LOL!

reddogfan

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 16, 2006, 06:43:53 pm
Great post, reddog.  I don't disagree at all.  Just remember - if someone wants me to be impressed with them, they have to show me what I'm supposed to be impressed with.  Some allegation that they know something may be true - but it's irrelevant to me if it's just a disconnected allegation.  Some may be afraid to share some fact with me - that's alright!  All it means is they were afraid.  And I don't mind getting slammed.  No one can say or do anything to me that I can't overcome.
MrSpook, you are the type of poster that makes it fun for me to sit at my computer all day working on my taxes (in between Hogville posts!) (AND,YES I KNOW IT IS THE MIDDLE OF MAY!) All I can do at this point is pat you on the head and suggest a "group hug."  One of these days you will be sitting here and it will all come to you and you will look at you screen and say "Oh SH*T, I get it now!" 

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 16, 2006, 06:43:53 pm

Honestly, when some people can show you, they do.

You may not remember the post by Hawgonit, preluding to Mitch, Damian, and Ben's commitment to the U of A. 

You may not remember pseudo posting the night before the red/white game, about how a few RB's would be in green jerseys and not be allowed to be tackled, which by the way several posters said he was full of it and to shut up.  Well he was right about that.

You may not remember when Mike had Mitch on his program and asked him several questions, one of them involved asking if he at that time was posting activly on a message board, which he said was true.  At that time, he was posting on this board.

You may not know how the heck Keys and reddogfan get all kinds of information relating to certain recruits.  Its like they know them or something.

The list goes on and on.

I could spend time researching some of the best preludes to announcements that have happened on here, but to be honest, its best that someone witnesses it first hand.

Trust me, when they can give specifics, they do.  When they can't, sometimes you just gotta take their word for it.

Seriously, go research posts by a person named Hawgonit.

See what number of views that post got.

I think it was like 8000 in a little over 4 hours.  After time you figure out who to listen to.

mikeirwin

Quote from: reddogfan on May 16, 2006, 06:34:07 pm
One thing I have learned...if a poster has been validated by a number of other posters, you might just be enlightened if you really pay attention.
A majority of the posters on this board are not, and never will be, in the position to make the changes that need to be made.  But they have the right to have a forum where they can voice their opinions.  Some are negative, some are hopeful, some are disgustingly postive.  Some are full of it, some know what they are talking about, some are still trying to figure out what day it is.
You just have to figure out who's who...when you do that, you will be less likely to get slammed.
This should be posted periodically.
Some will ignore it because they choose to remain ignorant.
But if it's posted at least they've been given a chance to learn.
I've covered the Hogs football program from Fayetteville as a reporter for 31 years. I don't know everything but I know an informed fan from somebody who is clueless. There are fans on this board who know as much about what is going on up there on Frank's hill as any reporter.
A halfway intelligent person by reading this board regularly should be able to separate the BS from real information.

MrSpook1352

Listen, THF, you're taking this way too seriously.  I'm a fan and I'm reading a message board.  It's fun.  I poke fun at people who make anonymous statements or statements I think are over the top.  I've already been informed about who some of the posters are (but not their screen names - so don't worry about storm troopers tonight).  If someone in the know wants to stir up a little controversy it's no skin off my nose.  People all over have agendas and this ain't anything new.  I believe people who shoot 100% straight with me.  Everybody else gets skepticism.  Just because I'm skeptical doesn't mean anything other than that I'm skeptical.  You don't have to win me over.  I'll believe who I believe - you believe who you believe.  and then you can tell me I'm wrong.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 16, 2006, 07:18:04 pm
Listen, THF, you're taking this way too seriously.  I'm a fan and I'm reading a message board.  It's fun.  I poke fun at people who make anonymous statements or statements I think are over the top.  I've already been informed about who some of the posters are (but not their screen names - so don't worry about storm troopers tonight).  If someone in the know wants to stir up a little controversy it's no skin off my nose.  People all over have agendas and this ain't anything new.  I believe people who shoot 100% straight with me.  Everybody else gets skepticism.  Just because I'm skeptical doesn't mean anything other than that I'm skeptical.  You don't have to win me over.  I'll believe who I believe - you believe who you believe.  and then you can tell me I'm wrong.

Have i shot you straight?

If so, believe me when i say this.  The people in the know have one agenda.  Its to help the program in any way they feel they can.  Its also to make sure they do everything in their power to give this program the best chance to be successful they can.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: pseudorabies on May 16, 2006, 11:55:28 am
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on May 16, 2006, 11:23:06 am
I'd say Kurt Voight is much closer to the SHS players and coaches than Barrett.

No doubt, how can Chuck even keep up with everything going on these days with all the extracurricular activity  he has going on these days? 

.....and Mills Lane deducts a point from Pseudorabies for a punch to Chuck's Houston & Danny.

pseudorabies

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on May 16, 2006, 07:37:39 pm

No doubt, how can Chuck even keep up with everything going on these days with all the extracurricular activity  he has going on these days? 

.....and Mills Lane deducts a point from Pseudorabies for a punch to Chuck's Houston & Danny.

I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that.   8)

TulsaHogFan

This thread is hilarious.  Thats the funniest thing i have read all day long.  The Houston and Danny's.  Can we change the filter for that?!?  Anytime someone says nuts, it changes it to The Houston and Danny's hahahaha

Kudos to you my friend.

Oh and to you pseudo.  Nice one.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: pseudorabies on May 16, 2006, 07:38:21 pm

I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that.   8)

Nice addition to the signature my friend, now i have no clue what the hell he means.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: pseudorabies on May 16, 2006, 07:38:21 pm

I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that.   8)

The above post is sponsored by the Motel 6 and Crossover Liquor.

MrSpook1352

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on May 16, 2006, 07:30:23 pm
Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 16, 2006, 07:18:04 pm

Have i shot you straight?

If so, believe me when i say this.  The people in the know have one agenda.  Its to help the program in any way they feel they can.  Its also to make sure they do everything in their power to give this program the best chance to be successful they can.

The people I believe the most are the people who give me first-hand information and put their name behind it.  Everybody else is once (or more than once) removed.  I don't say that to offend - just telling you who I believe.  But I enjoy posts regardless of who I believe or who I don't.  And as I've tried to make crystal clear - the people I don't believe may be telling the gospel truth - I just won't know it if they're afraid to provide the facts to back it up.  I prefer to treat rumor - even rumor from someone that another person thinks is reliable - as rumor.  And I think a significant percentage of hog fans feel the same way.  That doesn't change the fact that Coach Nutt is not a very good coach.

codeHog

I find it odd that people's opinions on here are taken as absolute fact.

Never a question of built in bias. Never a question of an agenda.

Also, people fuss about when and who to offer when it has been proven so often that it does not often matter when the offer comes. Kids can be committed for two years then switch on signing day when their High School coach gets hired by another school or something like that.

Nobody seems to bring up that many kids develope late and have great senior years and you are so glad you did not fill up. Look at Alabama offering Powers late after we found him. And Ray Dom. and FSU.

Also, how nutty do you have to be to compare Texas with Arkansas?
A college that has all those hundreds of great high school players begging to play for the Longhorns can just cherry pick. How many Texas situations are there? Not many I think. 

And if Texas is on another planet from us, how did we come within one turnover of beating them back to back?

Sorry to vent and I also know things are not perfect at the UofA (not real sure where they are perfect) but I am waiting till this season ends before I decide what changes I think need to be made.

I know all you bitchers have a right to attack the staff every day of the week and some even think it will make the program better by them doing it, but I also have a right to hope the Hog coaches can put together a great program at Arkansas. If they fail then it means my team fails.

I also know, when you are in a public office, half the people say you are doing things wrong at all times. Nature of the beast. Humans fail except when they post on the internet, then we are all little gods who are all wise.

MAC Daddy

Two points of emphasis on recruiting and Zack Pianalto:

1)Do we really have too many TEs?  Ben Cleveland may not be academically eligible.

2)It would help if we hired/appointed a recruiting coordinator.  Chris Vaughn is the on campus coordinator (Basically a BS made up job created by Nutt).

pseudorabies

Quote from: MAC Daddy on May 16, 2006, 09:46:50 pm
Two points of emphasis on recruiting and Zack Pianalto:

1)Do we really have too many TEs?  Ben Cleveland may not be academically eligible.

2)It would help if we hired/appointed a recruiting coordinator.  Chris Vaughn is the on campus coordinator (Basically a BS made up job created by Nutt).

Cleveland is eligible.

MAC Daddy

Pseudo, are you sure about Cleveland being eligible?  Did he pass the ACT?  I hope you are correct because Cleveland reminds me of Jo Dean.

thahawg

Gus should be given the green-light on offering recruits. At least on the offensive side of the ball.

WilsonHog

May 16, 2006, 10:00:30 pm #138 Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:04:01 pm by WilsonHog
A couple of things.

First of all, Pseudo hit a major problem on the head about two pages ago. Nutt believes that Arkansas high school kids somehow owe loyalty to him and to the program. Houston, it ain't 1976 anymore, my friend. Believe it or not, most kids in Arkansas actually have televisions now and can see 20 college football games right in their living room every week. The world is a whole lot bigger for kids today than it was 30 years ago.  Not every kid in Arkansas just automatically wants to be a Razorback. You have to go sell them just as you would sell a kid from Dallas or Birmingham or Tuscaloosa.

Secondly, you miss an important point, Spook. I can tell you that there are some heavy hitters on this board behind all these fictitious names. Not just fans of the program, but people INSIDE the program. And some of those folks aren't real happy with Nutt. Furthermore, no one with any credibility is going to reveal a source on a message board just to make their information look better. There are two reasons for this: (1) that source will cut off all future information, and (2) the people who have been here awhile and know who has good info don't need the reassurance of a "source revealed." 

Porkahontas

Quote from: MAC Daddy on May 16, 2006, 09:58:17 pm
Pseudo, are you sure about Cleveland being eligible?  Did he pass the ACT?  I hope you are correct because Cleveland reminds me of Jo Dean.

From what I've read from Pseudo the past few weeks/months, if he tells you it's gonna rain, it doesn't matter if the sun is shining, you had better grab yourself an umbrella.

I've heard a time or two BC is now eligible. That just confirms what I've heard.

Sao Ming

why is everyone saying Freeman is a sure fire OT?  We've had much bigger TE's...recently.  As far as the pipeline arguments, I can't defend or pound it.  Springdale isn't going anywhere in terms of the loss of talent front.  Other kids would love to play for UA down the line just as some home-growns choose OOS programs.  Bank it.

pseudorabies

Quote from: MAC Daddy on May 16, 2006, 09:58:17 pm
Pseudo, are you sure about Cleveland being eligible?  Did he pass the ACT?  I hope you are correct because Cleveland reminds me of Jo Dean.

I heard everything is good.  Don't worry about it.  ;)

Porkahontas

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 16, 2006, 10:00:30 pm
Secondly, you miss an important point, Spook. I can tell you that there are some heavy hitters on this board behind all these fictitious names. Not just fans of the program, but people INSIDE the program. And some of those folks aren't real happy with Nutt. Furthermore, no one with any credibility is going to reveal a source on a message board just to make their information look better. There are two reasons for this: (1) that source will cut off all future information, and (2) the people who have been here awhile and know who has good info don't need the reassurance of a "source revealed." 

This would make a good sig line.

I'm just glad you frickers haven't figured out that I'm Butch Davis. ;)

FLKeysGuy

MAC Daddy

Thanks Pseudo, any word on Crawford making his grades?

pseudorabies

Quote from: MAC Daddy on May 16, 2006, 10:05:04 pm
Thanks Pseudo, any word on Crawford making his grades?

Its all good.  Williams is the only one I heard that wouldn't make it.

pseudorabies

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 16, 2006, 10:00:30 pm
A couple of things.

First of all, Pseudo hit a major problem on the head about two pages ago. Nutt believes that Arkansas high school kids somehow owe loyalty to him and to the program. Houston, it ain't 1976 anymore, my friend. Believe it or not, most kids in Arkansas actually have televisions now and can see 20 college football games right in their living room every week. The world is a whole lot bigger for kids today than it was 30 years ago.  Not every kid in Arkansas just automatically wants to be a Razorback. You have to go sell them just as you would sell a kid from Dallas or Birmingham or Tuscaloosa.

Wilson, from what people tell me, Frank is the same way.  Times are diffrent now and you either make changes and realize this or you get left behind.  It may work on 2 and 3 star kids but the studs are not going to sit around and wait on late offers when these other big name schools have been on them months before Nutt finally gets around to actually doing something. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: pseudorabies on May 16, 2006, 10:13:14 pm

Wilson, from what people tell me, Frank is the same way.     

I have no trouble believing this at all.

codeHog

so who have we lost that has killed our program? I don't see how that Nutt has done so bad in Arkansas. Back to back losing records and fans are supposed to be  happy? Sure we have suffered but will it turn around? Nutt asked for two years, now we will see. He has one year and I am willing to give it to him and just pull for my Hogs.

But by golly, I will have to wins for any game we win. One because I love the Hogs and two, because I know a Hog win will make you Nutt haters so freaking unhappy  :)

turbo2000

Quote from: Swino on May 16, 2006, 11:33:43 am
Quote from: FtheDarksiders on May 16, 2006, 11:27:20 am
Quote from: Swino on May 16, 2006, 11:20:22 am
Quote from: FtheDarksiders on May 16, 2006, 11:14:08 am
We have other needs on the team....we signed a great tight end last year in Ben.  It would be great to sign every hometown kid that comes along, but that will never happen.  So a kid doesn't get an offer and that makes Nutt a horrible recruiter?  Maybe its just that we need other players in other positions for the better of the entire team....you don't need a huge stockpile of TE's in the SEC.

We don't have a huge stockpile of SEC caliber TE's.  We have some bodies there that aren't worth much except for blocking. 

I never said we had a huge stockpile....I said we don't need one.  We signed Ben last year, and that other 6'6" WR that we signed out of Dallas is going to be moved to TE.  Why sign another TE that will sit until his Senior year??  Why not use that scholly on an OL or a DB that can help the team immediately? 

So we only need 2 TE's?  And one of those is a WR that could be converted to TE?  When a SEC talent TE is in your backyard and you have a bunch of converts that have been sent to TE land to rot, you pick the SEC quality and cut lose the baggage.

Did John White not say when Nutt was hired one of the requirements would be to build a fence around the state of Arkansas to keep the talent from leaving?