Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keniko Logan charged with capital murder

Started by hogstorm, May 13, 2006, 10:25:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LL COOL HOG

Ok guys Keniko is my cousin but we are not close.  I have been down all weekend knowing that my family member could have done this.  My prays go out to the Releford family.  If you live in Fort Smith there is no way that you have never meet a Releford, They are a large clan.

Keniko had so much talent but decided the street life was more important. 

clew

I played at Dollarway the year #1 PB High (13-0-1) and #2 Dollarway (14-0) both won state.  Shabazz was a monster--freakishly talented.  I never had the opportunity to play against him (and boy did our team want to), but he was the real deal.  Unbelievable talent, complete waste.  He just didn't have enough horsepower upstairs to get into college.  He had the potential to be better than McFadden, but he didn't use it.
Pure as the dawn

nwarazfan

Sad deal.  Prayers go out to both families.

As far as best RBs, I can only go back 25-30 years with any kind of memory.  Billy Warren of Newport was the Cobbs/McFadden of the 80s.  Ark Dem player of the decade.  Tragic knee injury on the WMS turf in 84 vs Rice ended his career.  Shabazz was even better.  Cobbs and McFadden were/are in that class.  Cedric Houston, Madre, Deangelo are all close too.  Logan would have been if he would have reached his potential his Sr year. Deangelo has had the best career of any.

And our state hasn't been a wr state much during that time.  A big part of that has been the style coached until recently.  Derrick Russell was a great one.  Catholic had a great one in the late 80s named Cook who I believe also took his own life.  DW belongs in the conversation with some of these playmakers just don't think he is/was quite in the class of Shabazz or DMac. 

hogstorm

Quote from: bigrod155 on May 15, 2006, 08:56:55 am
Ok guys Keniko is my cousin but we are not close.  I have been down all weekend knowing that my family member could have done this.  My prays go out to the Releford family.  If you live in Fort Smith there is no way that you have never meet a Releford, They are a large clan.

Keniko had so much talent but decided the street life was more important. 

yeah at the scene about 2 hours later there were cars lined around the block and people everywhere.... i wonder if logan turned himself in to avoid being caught by the family

hogsanity

Did anyone who knew anything about Keniko in Hs not know this is how it would end for him?  I think anyone who followed athletcis in FS knew it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

chillinhoggie

Quote from: oldbooniehog on May 14, 2006, 09:28:03 pm
I was at the U of A when Shannon Wright was there.

I actually rode in a jeep driven by Shannon Wright to a party once. He got all four wheels off the ground heading out east of Fayetteville, towards Goshen when he roared up over a small hill.

I even played an intramural basketball game against a team he was on. He had real attitude on the court, mouthy, liked to foul really hard.

A couple of years later,  I was a grad assistant teaching Composition 1203 in Old Main when somebody in the  class asked if everyone had heard the news that day......Shannon Wright had shot himself in the head with a pistol in his vehicle out on the street in front of somebody's house.

He was a nice enough guy in person.  In competition, even intramural basketball, he went all out, and was very aggressive, to the point of being completely over-aggressive.

But who knows what kinds of inner demons he was fighting.

Sad.

Logan is even more sad, as he chose to kill others instead of himself.

oldbooniehog
The day Shannon died was a VERY tough one for those of us that knew him. he was by far the most misunderstood guy I've ever known. As far as your assesment of him.... very perceptive. He was a big 'ol teddy bear and a big'ol bully wrapped all into one. The kinda guy you want on YOUR team, not the kinda guy you wanna play against.

RIP SW 

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Yindao on May 15, 2006, 06:50:52 am
Here's an interesting read on Shabazz's relationship with Tori Hunter...kind of a "where are they now?"

I'm not sure what year this is from. 

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:vd5y28tHEjAJ:espn.go.com/mlb/columns/schwarz_alan/1396641.html+shabazz+pine+bluff&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=5

I wonder if he knows how much of a legend he is in Arkansas High School football. 

Great article. 

Flatline

Shannon Wright and Keniko Logan both had criminal problems in high school.  Those things were ignored due to their talent and look what happened to both.

Jaison Black

Quote from: Flatline on May 15, 2006, 12:33:58 pm
Shannon Wright and Keniko Logan both had criminal problems in high school.  Those things were ignored due to their talent and look what happened to both.

Also look at how many kids dragged themselves out of ghetto's and troubles as teens to become superstars in the world of sports.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

Flatline

Quote from: Razr on May 15, 2006, 02:06:11 pm

Also look at how many kids dragged themselves out of ghetto's and troubles as teens to become superstars in the world of sports.

I am not saying that this is not true.  What I meant was that I knew both of these kids and they were not punished for doing wrong.  They both got to the point where they thought they could do anything they wanted because of who they were.  There were problems that if addressed properly might have prevented these tragedies from occurring.

TulsaFan

Shannon Wright....never mind, it was already said.

HognotinMemphis

Talk about a thread that should have been moved to vent or deleted a long time ago. Who cares about this loser? He was never a Razorback. Hell, I've never heard of the loser until I saw this thread.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

chillinhoggie

Quote from: Flatline on May 15, 2006, 02:09:28 pm
Quote from: Razr on May 15, 2006, 02:06:11 pm

I am not saying that this is not true.  What I meant was that I knew both of these kids and they were not punished for doing wrong.  They both got to the point where they thought they could do anything they wanted because of who they were.  There were problems that if addressed properly might have prevented these tragedies from occurring.
I'm not sure I agree First of all they are two TOTALLY different cases. One is a DOUBLE HOMCIDE! One is a misunderstood friend of mine who was clinically depressed. The only things these guys have in common is FS and football. These problems were addressed, maybe not properly but you can only make an 18 yr old kid who's 6'4" 250 do so much before it is HIS decision.

nwarazfan

Quote from: HoginMemphis on May 15, 2006, 02:36:52 pm
Talk about a thread that should have been moved to vent or deleted a long time ago. Who cares about this loser? He was never a Razorback. Hell, I've never heard of the loser until I saw this thread.

And you would recognize a loser.

King-Tusk

It's being talked about because many people that are in NWA do know who Keniko is and some even know him personally.  You are right on one thing though, he is a loser.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: nwarazfan on May 15, 2006, 03:03:30 pm

And you would recognize a loser.
It's not difficult when they are as obvious as you.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BigBabyHog71

I do not know him personally but my brother-in-law is good friends with a guy that play for the razorbacks that is friends with this guy.  The really sad part of the story that I believe has been left out by the press so far is that they Girl Friend was pregnant.  This is coming from someone that is supposed to be a friend so don't hang me if its not true. But does anyone know how that ties into his punishment if it is true.
Does that make it 2 counts of murder. I know it is alot of grey area concerning unborn babies so I was just wondering. 

LL COOL HOG

Who is the friend? Is he from the Fort Smith Area.  When you cant concentrate at work these lil rumors just don't help.  You guys just don't know what this  may do to Fort Smith.  PPL are already talking payback

King-Tusk

Quote from: bigrod155 on May 15, 2006, 03:56:19 pm
Who is the friend? Is he from the Fort Smith Area.  When you cant concentrate at work these lil rumors just don't help.  You guys just don't know what this  may do to Fort Smith.  PPL are already talking payback

Payback?  Is this a "gang" thing now?
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

Jaison Black

I have heard the same thing.

Releford is a big name in Ft. Smith. I have had coaches, friends, enemies and been  acquaintances with people named Releford in this city. They protect their own as they should. Logan is a decent sized family here too, you never know what is going to happen.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

BigBabyHog71

Not sure if the source of this info is from the FS area but I can find out. But I would rather not put his name out there in public because I didn't let him know that I was saying this on a message board. But he is a running back for Hogs.. Probably 5 string.

chillinhoggie

Quote from: King-Tusk on May 15, 2006, 04:07:59 pm

Probably Even if it isn't.... there's ALOT of Releford's in FS, I guess they won't take lightly to one of there's getting shot and killed.  I did read that right that it was one of the Releford girls that he shot?  (Allegedly)

Jaison Black

Quote from: King-Tusk on May 15, 2006, 04:07:59 pm

I don't think it's a gang thing, but both families are rather large and protective. We aren't talking riots in the streets but i will not be shocked to see some fights or some minor crap go down.

LL COOL HOG

Yes, It was a Releford and yes both families are very protective.  Being related to Keniko and knowing a few Relefords make me feel so uncomfrontable right now.  Do I say hey he his still family but hate what he did.  What do I say to a Releford other than just the customary statements after someone dies.  Its been over me all weekend.

King-Tusk

This whole thing is tragic enough without the two families going after each other and causing more loss.  Keniko will get what he deserves one way or the other.  If the legal system does its job, he's either going to get a needle or a life sentence. 

Bigrod, I hope that nothing bad comes your way because of your relation to Keniko.  I really hope that good judgement prevents any further tragedy here.

Michael Porkleone

Wow...

http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=4902951

"They said Logan has been arrested 30 to 40 times in the past 10 years, several times for domestic battery. One of his arrests led to a felony charge of possession of cocaine with intent to deliver."

We have one heck of a justice/rehabilitation system...
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: DOGALUM on May 14, 2006, 05:46:21 pm
One is the same reason you'll never hear me talking up Ray Lewis of O.J. Simpson.......one thing these murdering pricks will never see or hear is a compliment from me. 

Ray Lewis didn't kill anyone. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

italianhog

i was a senior at Northside when Logan was a junior....we went to Tulsa Union that year and played one of the best High school football games ever...I think Logan scored 5 or 6 touchdowns and Justin Fuente(Unions QB), threw for 6....awesome...game...he had unbelievable talent.  I went off to college when he was a senior...word was he had a bad game against Fayetteville at Fayetteville, and rode home with his girlfriend instead of on the  team bus...against coach Young's rules....and things escalated between the two of them and Coach Young kicked him off the team.  His junior year though, he was getting offers/letters from every big school you can name at the time....Sad sad story

DOGALUM

Quote from: Fatty McGee on May 15, 2006, 10:39:56 pm
One is the same reason you'll never hear me talking up Ray Lewis of O.J. Simpson.......one thing these murdering pricks will never see or hear is a compliment from me. 

Yeah yeah yeah......
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Fatty McGee

What?  Ray Lewis didn't kill anyone.  Prosecutors don't drop murder cases to misdemeanor obstructing if they have any kind of case at all.

jrw11475

DOGALUM

I know, I know......and a jury won't find a guilty man not guilty.   Right?   

Ray Lewis has first hand knowledge of how a man was killed.  He lied about it and withheld information.  Whether or not he did the sticking, he's still a worthless piece of crap......and just as guilty.   

The point of my post.......the one you only partially quoted....was that Logan, Lewis, Simpson, Arafat, Hitler, Bundy, Jack the Ripper, etc............you'll not hear me say anything complimentary of them.  Some of them were at least half way intelligent.  Logan was an idiot, punk, loser.  I hope they have to stick him several times to find a vien.

PigDaddyCool

Quote from: jrw11475 on May 15, 2006, 10:55:09 pm
What ever happened to Shabazz?

Ended up at UAPB playing baseball,got into alot of drug trouble as well.

ejay286

Quote from: PigDaddyCool on May 15, 2006, 11:56:39 pm

Shabazz played football not baseball at UAPB, he played corner I believe.  There is an article earlier in this thread about what he is doing now.

Hawg414

hasnt been proven that OJ did either.
but if it walks like a duck.. and talks like a duck ......

PigDaddyCool

Quote from: ejay286 on May 16, 2006, 12:24:46 am
Quote from: PigDaddyCool on May 15, 2006, 11:56:39 pm

Shabazz played football not baseball at UAPB, he played corner I believe.  There is an article earlier in this thread about what he is doing now.

Youre right..had a brain fart!

TorsinAHog

Good grief I feel terrible for the families of the people who died.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: TorsinAHog on May 16, 2006, 07:27:40 am
Good grief I feel terrible for the families of the people who died.

Do something for them.

uofajoe99

I wish I could write a book with the "could have beens" of Fort Smith.....Every town has these stories, but it seems like ours are more elaborate/somewhat truthful at the same time. I grew up on the Northside of Fort Smith and attended -Trusty Elementary/Kimmons Jr. High/Northside High. All of these places have thousands of examples of the talented players not making the grades/getting into discipline problems/etc. and not "reaching their potential." (Chris Knauls, Jamey Smith, Romeil Perkins in basketball....)

Two weeks ago another individual was arrested in Fort Smith (on drug and weapon charges) who many from that area may remember for a brief football stint. Charles Bishop was a MANCHILD in seventh grade. The first week of school my father picks me up and sees Charles at the school and asks me whose DAD that was, because Charles had a full beard and 100 pounds of muscle in 7th grade. I once payed Charles .50 cents to stay near me at a Northside football game where some guys from VB were rumored to "jump" me (cheaper than Keniko..) No it wasn't on the same level, but in Junior High football Charles was unstoppable. HE JUST RAN OVER PEOPLE!!! Had he stayed out of trouble I belive he could have demonstrated his size and speed well in the old Wishbone.

I have worked with, schooled with, and played with many of the Relefords and Logans over the years, in a tragedy such as this I hope that we all pray for both families and strive to recognize problems such as this in our community BEFORE they happen.

benscott

Quote from: uofajoe99 on May 16, 2006, 11:35:13 am
I wish I could write a book with the "could have beens" of Fort Smith.....Every town has these stories, but it seems like ours are more elaborate/somewhat truthful at the same time. I grew up on the Northside of Fort Smith and attended -Trusty Elementary/Kimmons Jr. High/Northside High. All of these places have thousands of examples of the talented players not making the grades/getting into discipline problems/etc. and not "reaching their potential." (Chris Knauls, Jamey Smith, Romeil Perkins in basketball....)

Don't forget about Kenny Jones.  He was a freaking monster of a fullback who just destoyed people.  I think he lasted maybe one season before being kicked off the team due to a arrest for selling crack...  Ahhh, good old Northside. 

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: benscott on May 16, 2006, 12:35:00 pm

Don't forget about Kenny Jones.  He was a freaking monster of a fullback who just destoyed people.  I think he lasted maybe one season before being kicked off the team due to a arrest for selling crack...  Ahhh, good old Northside. 

Kenny was a beast...until he got in a fight and started hitting a girl at school.   Good ole Northside   Class of 94.  What about you when did you graduate.

aristotle

Are you guys old enough to remember Kevin McKinney? Awesome talent at football and basketball. Went out to S. Cal and played high school ball in Compton after Coach McKinney (no relation) booted him. Came back somewhat thuggish, not surprisingly. No idea what happened to him after high school. He was class of '90 or '91 Northside.

10thPlanet

May 16, 2006, 05:12:20 pm #92 Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 05:29:17 pm by dkwvike

I was thinking the same thing many former athletes are or have been on this site.  My job requires me to keep track of releases so I'm on this site a lot.  Go to county and put in Sebastion. http://www.state.ar.us/doc/inmate_info/

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Hawg414 on May 16, 2006, 01:03:16 am

Can you tell me what evidence there was that indicated Ray Lewis killed anyone?  And if you have anything really good you've been holding back on, I'm sure the prosecution team that reduced it to a misdemeanor would love to hear it.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Fatty McGee on May 16, 2006, 10:31:01 pm

Can you tell me what evidence there was that indicated Ray Lewis killed anyone?  And if you have anything really good you've been holding back on, I'm sure the prosecution team that reduced it to a misdemeanor would love to hear it.
Please read my last post.

Jaison Black

Quote from: bigrod155 on May 16, 2006, 01:52:14 pm

Kenny was a beast...until he got in a fight and started hitting a girl at school.   Good ole Northside   Class of 94.  What about you when did you graduate.

95 Southside here.

There has been so much talent in this city that has not been tapped it is just odd.

C. Knauls i remember him being 6'5 in 8th grade. Unreal talent.

The starting five on Northside's 94 team that Coach Lasker had should have won the state title. I remember coming over to NHS and them running us out of the gym. I never understood why he didn't just unleash them every game.

I could go on and on about this city.

Fatty McGee

I read it.  It still doesn't make Ray Lewis guilty of murder, nor did he have first hand knowledge of who did kill that guy. 

I have no problem with the rest of your post - it doesn't purport to be fact. 

uofajoe99

yeah...Chris Knauls was TALL in like 8th grade.....The funniest rumor ever was when someone said that he had pro scouts looking at him before he left junior high....that would definietly qualify for our rumor forum.

LL COOL HOG

I was disapponted with that 94 team.  If I remember they got beat by Pine Bluff, It took a while for them to get over that Loss. Most of the players had played together since boys club.  Oh well

yraciv

but the glove didn't fit