Previous topic - Next topic

4th and 1

plus ugly uncles story was stupid.

qakhed

I take it you don't have siblings?
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: 4th and 1 on May 09, 2006, 11:04:56 am
did he laugh at him before or after the game? and how would he know that?? i'm sorry, but i'd be laughing at whoever i just beat 70-17...

You can ask Mike Irwin...or just read a few post up.  Try that.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: 4th and 1 on May 09, 2006, 11:05:51 am
plus ugly uncles story was stupid.

Dude, you don't know me very well do you.  If you did, you would never say something like that.

All of my stories are stupid, and everyone knows that.  To actually call it stupid is repeated redundancy. :)
Retired Radio Host

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

MrSpook1352

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 09, 2006, 10:51:09 am
Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 09, 2006, 10:12:15 am
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 09, 2006, 10:04:20 am
Quote from: Swino on May 09, 2006, 09:42:21 am
I will still bet that Houston made at least 85% of the story up. 

Mike Irwin had a long segment on this very thread this morning on PR.  I was driving in the storm and lightning was breaking up the radio...but from what I gathered...

He confirmed this story from some of the Arkansas players.  It was when they were coming back out for the second half, and were in the tunnel together.  I think he probably got the truth of who it was and what was said, but again, my radio was breaking up when he was saying [who it was and what was said].

Again Swino, if this is only 15% true, then we as fan's should be outraged.  The team and coaches should be outraged.  This needs to be a hostile environment when USC gets here. (in a non violent sort of way).

HDN IS going to be our coach for next year, and you all know how I feel about that.  However, it wouldn't have mattered if he got fired after last season.  While he was our coach someone was mocking him and our team.  If that doesn't make you angry as a hog fan, it should.  We all love our hogs, and there are times that we should focus our anger in a new direction.  USC needs some help being humbled.

I will still post my opinions on here debating with anyone the virtues (or lack of) HDN being our HC.  But in this one area (USC) we should all be in agreement.

I often agree with your posts, but I must disagree here.  It would be deeply hypocritical for posters to demand someone else give even a little respect to someone posters don't respect at all.  I'd rather the genuine fans that hate HDN laugh at him at the games themselves than to pretend respect or expect even polite respect from others.  Anything else is just being fake.

I disagree with your disagreement :).

I have an older brother and an older sister.  We would fight and at times even yell, "I hate you!" as little kids are apt to do.  My older brother would even make fun of me or pick on me in front of his friends and my friends.  But if one of them joined in against me, he would turn on them like a raging bull.  He could do it, but you better pray to whoever you pray to if my brother caught you doing it. 

Like it or not HDN is for now still part of the family. 

Or, maybe a better illustration of this is, my buddy that returned from the war (both Afg. and Iraq) tells me that you can go into the home of one of the people that has sworn to kill all Americans and they will host you.  They may argue and complain and even tell you that you are evil, but if one of their friends or even another family member tries to do you harm while you are in their house, they will fight with everything they have to defend you.  That is their culture...and it isn't ALL bad.

All I am saying is, that as long as HDN is in my house (welcomed or not) I will be angry if an outsider does something like USC did.  Doesn't mean that HDN is welcomed here, doesn't mean that I want him to stay another minuted.  I would dance in the street if Mike Irwin got on here and reported that HDN had been fired...I will continue to voice my complaints and anger at the powers that be that have kept him here.

But, if any team or coach openly laughs or mocks anything to do with my Hogs...then they better be ready for a fight.  Yeah...I will still whine about Nutt being here.  But USC had better be prepared when they arrive in Fayetteville, because I won't be the only one VERY ANGRY when they step on that field.

I agree in principle with your disagreement to my disagreement.  I've made a somewhat similar argument before on this board.  The difference between what I said (Nutt is family and we should stay at least civil) and what you said is that if our fans publicly (not at home, but on the internet, radio, etc) laugh at HDN, it is silly for us to demand others respect him as head coach.  This isn't a fight at home among brothers and sisters who will later fight together against a common enemy.  This is national and international publication of our total disrespect of HDN.  It's like your brother deriding you in public and then telling everyone else to respect you.  Chances are (if your brother did that) I'd laugh at you.  Because even your own family respects you so little that they're willing to tell the world.

I respect your opinion.  You have a lot of thoughtful things to say.  But rethink this one.  If fans are willing to slash and burn the coach in public, they shouldn't tell the world to respect him - under any conditions.

TechHawg

Quote from: Cabot Hog Fan on May 08, 2006, 09:47:46 pm
:razorback:
This is my first time to post here after a couple years of reading almost daily. I find the material very good and almost without exception others who like myself bleed hog red. However, this thread has shown that for many, the agenda of seeing Houston gone has replaced their love and support of the Hogs as what comes FIRST with them. Many will argue that it is their desire to see the Hogs succeed that leads them to Nutt bashing and anyone who disagrees is not a true fan or just simply needs to "see the light" or heaven forbid is a "Nutt Lover". Consider that this thread was started by someone who heard someone else on DTS call in and report that they heard Houston say that he was embarrassed by a USC coach that was laughing at him. The Nutt bashers did not bother to question the person who posted or question the call to DTS. They simply started in bashing. Would you have rather Houston joined in the laughter as opposed to being embarrassed? The real motivation for this post was a major disappointment with Mike Irwin. I have respected his contribution to this board and have always looked forward to his insight on things. If you read his post, I believe it is apparent that he shares the Nutt bashing agenda with others. As someone who carries weight with Razorback fans, he should be above this stuff. I'm assuming that the Mike Irwin who posts here on a regular basis is the same man who broadcasts the sports on a NWA television station. If not - forget all this and I apologize. I like others would have preferred Frank to release Houston this past year and go after Butch Davis but I will never want the Hogs to loose a single game to hasten the departure of Houston or any other coach. I think if you find yourself rooting against the Hogs so Houston will be gone - you need to check yourself. Also, I cannot believe that any Hog fan would give that texas fan in Memphis the time of day. Is anybody really fooled by his screen name? Again, if you find comfort in anything this guy says or take the time to reply to anything he posts - you need to check yourself - this gut needs banned

Excellent first post.  I agree with everything except the bit about Mike Irwin. Usually I find him to be very objective and a breath of common sense air into the maylay of nutt-bashing.

jvegashawg

It probably wasn't made up.  It's just not an accurate reflection of what happened.  With Nutt, everything is about him.  His team gets punked and some USC coach is laughing, Nutt's first thought is "that coach must be laughing at me."  His team shows guts and beats Ole Miss, and Nutt's first thought is to take a blast at his critics with the "I called that play" crap.  It's Houston's world, we're just living in it.    

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: dana caldwell on May 09, 2006, 07:54:22 am
"I also remember in the Cotton Bowl against OU that Bob Stoops was pretty much making fun of him the whole week before the game in the media. "

i was there -- including OU's pressers -- the entire week heading into it and this did not happen. not in a public setting, anyway. besides, u can't make fun of someone "in the media." well, i guess it's possible, but that whole thot is disgusting!

i have a real hard time buying into this nutt claim at face value. i could see an assistant laughing at a joke (players and coaches alike had plenty of time on their hands for such), prank or whatever or just feeling downright giddy about the way his guys were playing. don't think that equals dissing nutt.

as i recall, tho, didn't a USC linebacker make fun of the predictability of the play calls? if so, that's a helluva lot more damaging than a sideline giggle.

Yep. I notice Numb Nutts didn't mention that the opposing defenses repeatedly mocked our offense by accurately announcing nearly every play Numb Nutts called before the snap. Now that's an insult, totally frustrating to our players.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: qakhed on May 09, 2006, 10:12:00 am
you have made it extremely easy to validate my point. Thank you.

And you mine....Thanks...

qakhed

and I guess you were trying to prove that you cry like a little girl over something that can not and will not be changed?

Razorhogs

We as in Razorback fans can talk about Nutt and his staff, but an outsider better not laugh or talk bad about any of the Razorbacks.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

May 09, 2006, 11:29:16 am #162 Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 11:31:20 am by Fire Numb Nutts!!!
Quote from: TechHawg on May 09, 2006, 09:29:02 am
Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 08, 2006, 07:42:49 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 08, 2006, 05:53:25 pm
DTS just reported that HDN said that during the USC game that one of the coaches was laughing at him.  He said it embarrassed him and angered him.  He did not give the name of which coach from USC was doing that.

LISTEN EVERYONE:  I AM MORE READY THAN ANYONE ON THIS BOARD TO SEE NUTT FIRED AND REMOVED FROM ANY CONNECTION WITH THIS PROGRAM.  THIS IS NOT A BASH NUTT THREAD.  HE IS OUR COACH FOR ONE MORE YEAR AT LEAST...

However, since he is still our coach and officially a razorback...that just ticked me off.  All of you that talk about USC having class and being a program that we are espiring to be...well...they are not.  I know what Shiebest did.  I loved him as a receiver at Arkansas...but the stunt he pulled...he should have been fired on the spot.  That is not what we want. 

For a coach from another team to openly laugh at any of our coaches is inexcusable...NO CLASS.  Fans, I understand doing something like that.  I hope and pray that HDN uses this as bulletin board material for game 1.

Too bad Numb Nutts doesn't have the ability or smarts to get even with USC.

Numb Nutts is a laughing stock, literally. If I was USC, I'd be laughing, too. Numb Nutts is a joke and an embarassment to the entire State of Arkansas. Sad.

There is a solution: fire Numb Nutts' worthless @$$ immediately. We aren't going anywhere with Numb Nutts at the helm. Look for USC to roll again at RRS in a laugher.

Does it make you feel big to degrade our coach?

No, tech hawg, I'd much rather have a competent, successful head coach than the @$$ clown we have now and a winning program instead of a multi-million dollar laughingstock. I'd much rather be on an opponent's board raising hell, but that's not possible given the laughable state of our program.

Numb Nutts degrades himself with his arrogance and stupidity. I feel compelled to point out what an idiot Numb Nutts istime after time after time so that you huggers will finally get it. Apparently, some of you never will get it.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

pignatious

May 09, 2006, 11:31:01 am #163 Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 11:33:35 am by pignatious
A real coach would have never brought that up, that he was laughed at by another coach. It just shows his ego. He got his little feelings hurt. He is putting himself above the team in my opinion by making it personal. He could have said that as a coaching staff and a team they all were embarrassed by their performance and didn't appreciate getting laughed at by USC, and are motivated by that. There was no way they were going to beat USC last year at their place with the talent they had, but they should have given them a fight. They are in Fayetteville this year and there should be no excuses for not playing hard-nosed competitive Razorback football.  :razorback:
Freedom is never free.

devildog

I've learned the rules

Rule #1 - It's the COACH!!

Nevermind that the young pathetic Arkansas D-Line was totally neutralized by a near NFL caliber O-line for USC and subsequently Matt Lienhart had a pitch and catch session easier than most of his practices.

Refer to rule #1 Dumba$$

Coach Nutt should have fixed that by telling the overwhelmed players to rush better by golly. And while he was at it he could have given Robert Johnson some tips on throwing higher than the ankles.

Shut-UP RULE #1

qakhed

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 09, 2006, 11:29:16 am
DTS just reported that HDN said that during the USC game that one of the coaches was laughing at him.  He said it embarrassed him and angered him.  He did not give the name of which coach from USC was doing that.

LISTEN EVERYONE:  I AM MORE READY THAN ANYONE ON THIS BOARD TO SEE NUTT FIRED AND REMOVED FROM ANY CONNECTION WITH THIS PROGRAM.  THIS IS NOT A BASH NUTT THREAD.  HE IS OUR COACH FOR ONE MORE YEAR AT LEAST...

However, since he is still our coach and officially a razorback...that just ticked me off.  All of you that talk about USC having class and being a program that we are espiring to be...well...they are not.  I know what Shiebest did.  I loved him as a receiver at Arkansas...but the stunt he pulled...he should have been fired on the spot.  That is not what we want. 

For a coach from another team to openly laugh at any of our coaches is inexcusable...NO CLASS.  Fans, I understand doing something like that.  I hope and pray that HDN uses this as bulletin board material for game 1.

Numb Nutts is a laughing stock, literally. If I was USC, I'd be laughing, too. Numb Nutts is a joke and an embarassment to the entire State of Arkansas. Sad.

There is a solution: fire Numb Nutts' worthless @$$ immediately. We aren't going anywhere with Numb Nutts at the helm. Look for USC to roll again at RRS in a laugher.

No, tech hawg, I'd much rather have a competent, successful head coach than the @$$ clown we have now and a winning program instead of a multi-million dollar laughingstock. I'd much rather be on an opponent's board raising hell, but that's not possible given the laughable state of our program.

Numb Nutts degrades himself with his arrogance and stupidity. I feel compelled to point out what an idiot Numb Nutts istime after time after time so that you huggers will finally get it. Apparently, some of you never will get it.

You feel compelled to point out...blah blah blah. What are you accomplishing? Is it changing anything? Has it won a game? Has it gotten as a new recruit, or how about a new fan? If you can prove to me, without a doubt, that all this negative stuff has helped ANYTHING, then I will turn to the darkside.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 09, 2006, 11:15:54 am
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 09, 2006, 10:51:09 am
Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 09, 2006, 10:12:15 am
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 09, 2006, 10:04:20 am

Mike Irwin had a long segment on this very thread this morning on PR.  I was driving in the storm and lightning was breaking up the radio...but from what I gathered...

He confirmed this story from some of the Arkansas players.  It was when they were coming back out for the second half, and were in the tunnel together.  I think he probably got the truth of who it was and what was said, but again, my radio was breaking up when he was saying [who it was and what was said].

Again Swino, if this is only 15% true, then we as fan's should be outraged.  The team and coaches should be outraged.  This needs to be a hostile environment when USC gets here. (in a non violent sort of way).

HDN IS going to be our coach for next year, and you all know how I feel about that.  However, it wouldn't have mattered if he got fired after last season.  While he was our coach someone was mocking him and our team.  If that doesn't make you angry as a hog fan, it should.  We all love our hogs, and there are times that we should focus our anger in a new direction.  USC needs some help being humbled.

I will still post my opinions on here debating with anyone the virtues (or lack of) HDN being our HC.  But in this one area (USC) we should all be in agreement.

I often agree with your posts, but I must disagree here.  It would be deeply hypocritical for posters to demand someone else give even a little respect to someone posters don't respect at all.  I'd rather the genuine fans that hate HDN laugh at him at the games themselves than to pretend respect or expect even polite respect from others.  Anything else is just being fake.

I disagree with your disagreement :).

I have an older brother and an older sister.  We would fight and at times even yell, "I hate you!" as little kids are apt to do.  My older brother would even make fun of me or pick on me in front of his friends and my friends.  But if one of them joined in against me, he would turn on them like a raging bull.  He could do it, but you better pray to whoever you pray to if my brother caught you doing it. 

Like it or not HDN is for now still part of the family. 

Or, maybe a better illustration of this is, my buddy that returned from the war (both Afg. and Iraq) tells me that you can go into the home of one of the people that has sworn to kill all Americans and they will host you.  They may argue and complain and even tell you that you are evil, but if one of their friends or even another family member tries to do you harm while you are in their house, they will fight with everything they have to defend you.  That is their culture...and it isn't ALL bad.

All I am saying is, that as long as HDN is in my house (welcomed or not) I will be angry if an outsider does something like USC did.  Doesn't mean that HDN is welcomed here, doesn't mean that I want him to stay another minuted.  I would dance in the street if Mike Irwin got on here and reported that HDN had been fired...I will continue to voice my complaints and anger at the powers that be that have kept him here.

But, if any team or coach openly laughs or mocks anything to do with my Hogs...then they better be ready for a fight.  Yeah...I will still whine about Nutt being here.  But USC had better be prepared when they arrive in Fayetteville, because I won't be the only one VERY ANGRY when they step on that field.

I agree in principle with your disagreement to my disagreement.  I've made a somewhat similar argument before on this board.  The difference between what I said (Nutt is family and we should stay at least civil) and what you said is that if our fans publicly (not at home, but on the internet, radio, etc) laugh at HDN, it is silly for us to demand others respect him as head coach.  This isn't a fight at home among brothers and sisters who will later fight together against a common enemy.  This is national and international publication of our total disrespect of HDN.  It's like your brother deriding you in public and then telling everyone else to respect you.  Chances are (if your brother did that) I'd laugh at you.  Because even your own family respects you so little that they're willing to tell the world.

I respect your opinion.  You have a lot of thoughtful things to say.  But rethink this one.  If fans are willing to slash and burn the coach in public, they shouldn't tell the world to respect him - under any conditions.

Spook, I actually have taken the last few minutes after reading your post and re-thinking my position.

While I can't find any sound argument to disagree with your post...I also find it hard to disagree with mine.  Maybe I am a hypocrite.  But this is how I feel.

I do not think HDN should be our coach.  I think he has done way too much that has damaged our program.  I almost feel compelled to address HDN supporters that do not bring logic into their discussion  of support (some do...others do not).  I think that if we just follow along like little lambs we will always be stuck with mediocrity...so qakhed, I think the fans need to be making noise, still making noise until our voice is heard.  We may not be able to do anything about it qakhed, but it doesn't keep us from being angry and frustrated about it.  This is our outlet.  I think that in a small way, this board was created for that kind of outlet. 

But you are right Spook, this goes out internationally.  So, people see that most Arkansas fans are not happy, and that some are down right angry...

Still, I am angry at anyone on the outside that would mock or laugh at anything to do with the Hogs.  I hope that feel that same frustration and anger towards USC. 

Spook, you are right my friend, I may be a hypocrite and a "fake" on this issue...but still, USC will not be welcomed here by me.  I will be hostile to them (again, in a non-violent way) because of the lack of class they showed.

I know it doesn't make sense Spook...but yes, I am angry at Nutt for putting our team in a situation to be laughed at...putting himself in that situation...that is why he should have been fired long a go...but I am still angry at what they (USC) did.
Retired Radio Host

qakhed

I agree Uncle we shouldn't settle for the state of the program currently. It is getting better I believe though. The constant whining isn't accomplishing anything. We need to pick our battles, or become the boy who cried wolf.

MrSpook1352

Still, I am angry at anyone on the outside that would mock or laugh at anything to do with the Hogs.  I hope that feel that same frustration and anger towards USC.  

Spook, you are right my friend, I may be a hypocrite and a "fake" on this issue...but still, USC will not be welcomed here by me.  I will be hostile to them (again, in a non-violent way) because of the lack of class they showed.

I know it doesn't make sense Spook...but yes, I am angry at Nutt for putting our team in a situation to be laughed at...putting himself in that situation...that is why he should have been fired long a go...but I am still angry at what they (USC) did. [quote from UglyUncle]

Actually, you are one of the least fake or hypocritical. You don't go anywhere near as far as some to belittle the coach.  So those titles really are for others, not you.

I can and will blister USC for their treatment of the Hogs and our coach.  But I won't aid and abet them by mocking him myself.  He has legitimate weaknesses which I have described before.  I will keep my criticisms of him about coaching and not make them personal.  And I will not demand others show polite respect him if I can't.  Razorback fans aren't able to do that - they shouldn't expect more from our opponents than we expect from ourselves.

Again - your posts are thoughtful and reasoned.  One of the few posters to the board who will discuss it instead of bomb throwing.  Every time I disagree with you, I get a fair reply.  Not so with many others.

mojobeaux

does the fact that we have a bad football coach serve as a reasonable excuse for showing no class whatsoever?  or is it perhaps that some people just have none to show?

-mojo

dana caldwell

Tusks

Maybe the USC coach was laughing so fast that it just messed HDN up.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

toshortrock

hell i'm still laughing myself
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: qakhed on May 09, 2006, 11:42:54 am
Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 09, 2006, 11:29:16 am

You feel compelled to point out...blah blah blah. What are you accomplishing? Is it changing anything? Has it won a game? Has it gotten as a new recruit, or how about a new fan? If you can prove to me, without a doubt, that all this negative stuff has helped ANYTHING, then I will turn to the darkside.

If I can contribute in some small way to getting our @$$ clown of a head coach fired, along with the Senile AD and his puppet master, then I have contributed to the betterment of razorback football. Plus, it makes me feel better to vent.

What huggers need to understand is that razorback football will never pull itself back to prominence with the existing powers-that-be running the show.Unfortunately, some people never quite get it.

jabohog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on May 09, 2006, 11:57:30 am
So, in the grand scheme of things which is more unprofessional for a coach to do?

A. Laugh at another coach in the tunnel during a blowout
B. Do the Horns down signal on the sideline for all the world to see
C. Tauntingly shake his finger at an opposing player who just dropped a pass
D. All are about the same

It is according to which one our coach did, and which one their coach did. Of course the one their coach did would be the unprofessional behavior. So maybe the answer is E. none of the above.  ;D

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

May 09, 2006, 12:29:51 pm #175 Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 12:34:07 pm by Fire Numb Nutts!!!
Quote from: devildog on May 09, 2006, 11:36:24 am
I've learned the rules

Rule #1 - It's the COACH!!

Nevermind that the young pathetic Arkansas D-Line was totally neutralized by a near NFL caliber O-line for USC and subsequently Matt Lienhart had a pitch and catch session easier than most of his practices.

Refer to rule #1 Dumba$$

Coach Nutt should have fixed that by telling the overwhelmed players to rush better by golly. And while he was at it he could have given Robert Johnson some tips on throwing higher than the ankles.

Shut-UP RULE #1

Yeah, right. Of course it would have helped if Numb Nutts & Co. would have recruited some NFL-calibre defensive linemen themselves, or some defensive players period.

Numb Nutts' run oriented backfield is loaded with NFL-calibre talent in a feeble attempt to make his retarded game managment/play calling look as good as possible (at the expense of all other positions on the team -- including qb) so that he can blame and fire a coordinator to save his job for another year (@ $1.5 million per).

Too bad the USC defense, and nearly every other defense we faced last year could announce every play Numb Nutts was going to call before he even called it himself. Literally. All they needed was 9 in the box to stop Numb Nutts' offensive "system." Pathetic.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 09, 2006, 11:58:17 am
Still, I am angry at anyone on the outside that would mock or laugh at anything to do with the Hogs.  I hope that feel that same frustration and anger towards USC.  

Spook, you are right my friend, I may be a hypocrite and a "fake" on this issue...but still, USC will not be welcomed here by me.  I will be hostile to them (again, in a non-violent way) because of the lack of class they showed.

I know it doesn't make sense Spook...but yes, I am angry at Nutt for putting our team in a situation to be laughed at...putting himself in that situation...that is why he should have been fired long a go...but I am still angry at what they (USC) did. [quote from UglyUncle]

Actually, you are one of the least fake or hypocritical. You don't go anywhere near as far as some to belittle the coach.  So those titles really are for others, not you.

I can and will blister USC for their treatment of the Hogs and our coach.  But I won't aid and abet them by mocking him myself.  He has legitimate weaknesses which I have described before.  I will keep my criticisms of him about coaching and not make them personal.  And I will not demand others show polite respect him if I can't.  Razorback fans aren't able to do that - they shouldn't expect more from our opponents than we expect from ourselves.

Again - your posts are thoughtful and reasoned.  One of the few posters to the board who will discuss it instead of bomb throwing.  Every time I disagree with you, I get a fair reply.  Not so with many others.

Yeah...well you are an idiot and a moron :)  J/k.

I think you will find that there are still MANY on this board that have strong opinions and thus strong disagreements that can still be civil.  Both sides cross the line at times.  I have a couple of guys on here that will PM me when I go too far.  One is a "hugger" the other is a "fence sitter"...so they are pretty honest when I have gone to "dark" and need to reign it in.

I have had to change the wording of some of my post in the past based on their assessment. 

Look, most of us really, REALLY, dislike HDN being our coach.  But we need to remember that we are all Hog fans and this is a board for Hog fans.  We need to remember that we all want the same thing...WINS BABY!  I once had to apologise to another member of this board when I first met him at a hogville event.  I don't ever want to have to do that again.
Retired Radio Host

charlie harper

Quote from: mojobeaux on May 09, 2006, 12:04:45 pm
does the fact that we have a bad football coach serve as a reasonable excuse for showing no class whatsoever?  or is it perhaps that some people just have none to show?

-mojo

Don't know about everyone else, but I've lost all confidence in the athletic dept to give us the program we deserve. Nutt should have been let go before things got anywhere near this hateful.

This is not 1958, it's 2006, and fans voices' will be heard. If you, the AD, the huggers, whoever, don't want to hear the frustration of the fans, then remove the problem. It's not the fans fault that nutt is incompetent.

The boards' are our only means of voicing our displeasure. Frank says only 5% want houston gone. Obviously frank can no longer be trusted with the welfare of the program.

If the AD won't do the right thing, the fans will eventually run nutt off. We'll all have to suffer through it. It's happening right now. Nutt can't wait to get out of here. It doesn't have to be this way, but this is what is being forced upon us.

hogsNbeer

Blatant reality of where are program has fallen...     Thanks to Houston for that.......  :razorback:

GorillaJMonsoon

Quaked,

I think that these boards, which allow fan's dissatisfaction with mediocrity to be heard, DOES have an effect.  It makes coaches accountable when people are publicly debating mistakes and shortcomings.  The Vandy game was the last game that he sat McFadden and Jones on the bench, and I think the fan dissatisfaction helped to convince him to go in a different direction with Dick as QB.  I don't think that griping on these boards is always effective, but it does prevent anyone from believing BS statements from Broyles about "only 5%" of the fans are unhappy.  I think that the standing ovation for the 40 yrd. incomplete pass against SC was more effective in getting the fans frustration across to Nutt which is important because if you remember, he didn't think that we needed an OC.  When fans are not satisfied, and they have a voice, whether that is cheering a pass attempt at a game or venting on a message board, then maybe the powers that be will make a change.  The hiring of Gus was a change that was brought on by fans dissatisfaction in the offense and the playcalling.  I am not saying that everyone that criticizes Nutt is right all the time, but to say that it is pointless to express one's dissatisfaction is wrong in my humble opinion. 

EastexHawg

So, in the grand scheme of things which is more unprofessional for a coach to do?

How dare you use those facts and that kind of logic to point out the hypocrisy of Nutt's whining.  You, sir, are no Razorback fan!

LOL.

Quote from: nutted on May 09, 2006, 12:11:21 pm
Maybe the USC coach was laughing so fast that it just messed HDN up.

This may be the funniest thread I have read in a long, long time.  The very thought of Nutt, his lip stuck out and about to burst into tears because the mean ol' USC coach laughed at him, would be hilarious...IF IT WASN'T SO PATHETIC.

Remind me...is Nutt or is he not running AN SEC FOOTBALL PROGRAM?  Let me get this straight...this man is being paid $1.5 million per year to coach a program that plays in America's premier football conference.  He recruits to facilities that are second to none in America.  And yet he whines that one of the coaches for the opponent that is in the process of whipping his team 70-17 LAUGHED AT HIM AND HURT HIS FEELINGS?

That might draw my sympathy if the "laughee" was a seven year old girl who was being laughed at because her ears stuck out too far from her head...but a multimillionaire head coach at a big time football program?

Are you kidding me?

Can't you just see Bill Cowher...or Vince Lombardi...or Bear Bryant...or Bo Schembechler...or Darrell Royal...or even Nick Saban telling this story?  "It hurt my feelings..."

ROTFLMAO!

I wonder if Nutt told the guy he better stop laughing...or he was going to get Big Jim Lindsey to beat him up...

Do you Nutt supporters not see how incredibly pitiful, pathetic, and SICKENING this story is?

mojobeaux

Quote from: charlie harper on May 09, 2006, 12:32:58 pm

-mojo

Don't know about everyone else, but I've lost all confidence in the athletic dept to give us the program we deserve. Nutt should have been let go before things got anywhere near this hateful.

This is not 1958, it's 2006, and fans voices' will be heard. If you, the AD, the huggers, whoever, don't want to hear the frustration of the fans, then remove the problem. It's not the fans fault that nutt is incompetent.

The boards' are our only means of voicing our displeasure. Frank says only 5% want houston gone. Obviously frank can no longer be trusted with the welfare of the program.

If the AD won't do the right thing, the fans will eventually run nutt off. We'll all have to suffer through it. It's happening right now. Nutt can't wait to get out of here. It doesn't have to be this way, but this is what is being forced upon us.

you made your point without all the garbage.  i don't have any problem with that.  i was just looking through this thread and couldn't believe the number of posts that sound more like redneck road rage than debate.

i'm no martha stewart....so ...when i say show some class.....i just mean that it would be a better board if some folks could make their points without coming off like charlie manson.

i don't have any problem at all with someone wanting a new head coach.

-mojo

hogsNbeer

Quote from: charlie harper on May 09, 2006, 12:32:58 pm

-mojo

Hey Charlie... Agreed dude......    Too bad there's not a statewide APPROVAL rating for the U of A head coach like they have for the President....    I think we'd see a significant low approval in this state....

MrSpook1352

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on May 09, 2006, 12:34:44 pm
Quaked,

I think that these boards, which allow fan's dissatisfaction with mediocrity to be heard, DOES have an effect.  It makes coaches accountable when people are publicly debating mistakes and shortcomings.  The Vandy game was the last game that he sat McFadden and Jones on the bench, and I think the fan dissatisfaction helped to convince him to go in a different direction with Dick as QB.  I don't think that griping on these boards is always effective, but it does prevent anyone from believing BS statements from Broyles about "only 5%" of the fans are unhappy.  I think that the standing ovation for the 40 yrd. incomplete pass against SC was more effective in getting the fans frustration across to Nutt which is important because if you remember, he didn't think that we needed an OC.  When fans are not satisfied, and they have a voice, whether that is cheering a pass attempt at a game or venting on a message board, then maybe the powers that be will make a change.  The hiring of Gus was a change that was brought on by fans dissatisfaction in the offense and the playcalling.  I am not saying that everyone that criticizes Nutt is right all the time, but to say that it is pointless to express one's dissatisfaction is wrong in my humble opinion. 

Dissatisfaction is one thing.  Hatred and ridicule are another.  In this post you've criticized.  That's fine.  But too many take unncecessary potshots that don't really contribute anything.  I agree - the fans cheering for an incomplete pass said far more than any name calling ever could.

Bigmac

This whole thread started about some USC coach laughing at HDN as stated by HDN. I could care less.
Now if the USC were degrading the Arkansas players I will be the first to line up on the line drawn in the dirt. But since it was HDN that was demoralized I could give rats @ss.

Of course have a winning season and top 25 finish and all be right with world once again. That is something I see as a possibility with or without Nutt this coming year and you will see a whole lot less of us Darksiders.

Hawgon

You know, hatred and ridicule are the natural responses when all reasonable and rational criticism has been ignored and marginalized.  The Razorback Nation is a little like France in 1791.  We are unhappy.  So far the response of the Athletic Administration has been,  "Let them eat cake."  Many of us are ready to set up the guillitiones.  And, if our legitimate concerns are not addressed, we will not stop with the head of HDN.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

You forgot one:

E. Announce to the world after finally beating the 2nd worst team in Mississippi that, "I called that play, brotha, I called me some good plays today!!!"

GorillaJMonsoon

Spook,

I was still defending Nutt up until the Vandy game. Not anymore.  I don't hate him, and I will try to keep my opinions informed and polite, but I will no longer go out of my way to defend him.  I agree that by bashing and name calling, you kind of make it easy for people to dismiss any valid points that you may have, but I understand the frustration that many people feel, not only with Nutt as coach, but with the other power players who have created this situation.  5% my ass.

My solution for Nutt would be to recruit good players, develop them into great players and prepare them for gameday so that you don't lose by 53 points and get laughed at in the first place.  Isn't that what he is getting paid 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR FOR?

MrSpook1352

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on May 09, 2006, 01:00:28 pm
Spook,

I was still defending Nutt up until the Vandy game. Not anymore.  I don't hate him, and I will try to keep my opinions informed and polite, but I will no longer go out of my way to defend him.  I agree that by bashing and name calling, you kind of make it easy for people to dismiss any valid points that you may have, but I understand the frustration that many people feel, not only with Nutt as coach, but with the other power players who have created this situation.  5% my ass.

My solution for Nutt would be to recruit good players, develop them into great players and prepare them for gameday so that you don't lose by 53 points and get laughed at in the first place.  Isn't that what he is getting paid 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR FOR?

Absolutely correct. The thing is, if he just improved some of his weaknesses, we'd see significant progress.  We all know that good clock management, and one good field goal kicker would have made a difference in several games over the last two years.

Bottom line, criticism is good, but too many can't criticize they have to slip down to really childish stuff.  I love a good critical post - even a smart aleck post - if it's done well.  But I get tired of the insult contests - where one poster just tries to one-up the previous poster's name calling.

Thanks for the reply.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 09, 2006, 01:03:32 pm
Quote from: Hawgon on May 09, 2006, 12:50:04 pm
You know, hatred and ridicule are the natural responses when all reasonable and rational criticism has been ignored and marginalized.  The Razorback Nation is a little like France in 1791.  We are unhappy.  So far the response of the Athletic Administration has been,  "Let them eat cake."  Many of us are ready to set up the guillitiones.  And, if our legitimate concerns are not addressed, we will not stop with the head of HDN.

That's a pretty dead on analogy. I can't wait until we march up and down Dickson Street with Numb Nutts' & the Murray State mafia's (along with Senile Frank's and Lindsey & assholciates') heads on poles. That'll be the day!!!

You worry me FNN.  I'm never sure how much you are kidding.
Retired Radio Host

Piggin Out

NO MAJOR D-I TEAM SHOULD EVER EVER EVER GIVE UP 70 POINTS.

He should have been fired on the spot, and then laughed at.

Swino

I'm just glad that Pete Carroll reigned his team in, it could have gotten much worse.

GorillaJMonsoon

Swino

Ugly Uncle

Still, AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT IS ANGRY AT USC FOR THIS?

Yes, we could put blame on HDN for putting us in that situation...we've covered that...but come on guys...USC WAS MOCKING US!

Does no one else feel ill will towards them for that?
Retired Radio Host

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: mojobeaux on May 09, 2006, 12:39:57 pm
you made your point without all the garbage.  i don't have any problem with that.  i was just looking through this thread and couldn't believe the number of posts that sound more like redneck road rage than debate.

I bet if you look back, you'd find that the majority of Nutt haters like myself started out a few years ago with mild criticism and objective debate on the merits of the Nutt regime.  The rage wasn't an issue until it became clear that the administration did not care what the fans think.   

If somebody you are talking to is not listening, isn't the natural response to either give up or start talking louder until they do listen?  If I'm riding a bus and see that the driver is heading straight for a cliff, I'm probably going to point it out to him first, and eventually I'll be screaming for him to stop if he keeps driving us towards our doom.  I'm not saying all the whining and complaining will help...honestly, I think the only thing that would put HDN's job in jeopardy at this point is JFB's death or retirement...but the response is only natural. 

There's pretty much only three options left for us as Hog fans.  Either you simply put your head in the sand and pretend the problem is not there, you whine and complain, or you stop being a hog fan entirely.  I don't think anybody who goes to the trouble of joining a hog fan message board is likely to simply abandon the program outright, and it seems the ones who are willing to shove their head in the sand and pretend there is no problem have already self-selected and joined the huggers, leaving nothing but whining and complaining for the rest of us. 

From where I sit, it seems that the whining and complaining is only going to get worse, unless HDN actually starts fielding teams that win football games...and really, how likely is that?

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 09, 2006, 01:34:10 pm

Yes, we could put blame on HDN for putting us in that situation...we've covered that...but come on guys...USC WAS MOCKING US!

Yes I am angry and i hope that we can get some revenge this fall.  I actually feel good about our chances this year even after a 53 point whipping.

Call Mr. Sow

I don't.  I feel a general ill-will towards them because of the way their fans treated me on my trip out there, but Nutt deserved the mocking.  If my kid goes to the playground at school tomorrow, pulls his pants down and starts doing the 'I'm a little teacup' song and dance, I'm not going to be mad at the kids who make fun of him for it.  He's got it coming. 

WestMemphisHogFan

May 09, 2006, 02:29:25 pm #198 Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 02:31:51 pm by WestMemphisHogFan

It makes me very angry! I believe that everyone that is a part of the "hog nation" should be angry.  It has nothing to do with what "side of the aisle" that you are on.  Whether you are a "hugger", a "hater" or a "fence-sitter", the number one thing is that you are a Razorback.   And right now our HC is HDN, and he is a Razorback.  There is a comaraderie that goes a long with being a part of the Razorback family. 

A few months ago I was in New York City walking down one of the streets and saw a man with a Razorback hat on.  I stopped and talked with him and found out that he was originally from Arkansas, and was a huge Razorback fan.  That made us INSTANT brothers.  At that point, I didn't care what religion he was, what race he was, what political party he was, the bottom line...HE WAS A RAZORBACK.   There is a great pride in being a part of the family, and it should infuriate us when someone mocks part of our family. 

It's like uglyuncle said this morning, I can make fun of my brothers and sisters in my physical family, but be ready for a fight if someone outside of my family does! 

Jim Harris

Quote from: Hawgon on May 08, 2006, 07:01:25 pm
I have actually heard that SEC coaches find him pretty funny as well.

I also remember in the Cotton Bowl against OU that Bob Stoops was pretty much making fun of him the whole week before the game in the media.  I also heard that the OU staff got quite a kick out of the cluster that is the Arkansas sidelines.

And the Sooners proceeded to pile it on 10-3.
I went to the OU-UCLA game out in L.A. last year before our disaster at the Coliseum that night. OU's sideline was pretty much a cluster as well. In the stands, the calls for Chuck Long's head were regular and as mean as what you hear Arkansas fans say about the Murray State mafia plus Shibest. They love Stoops though, he can't do any wrong, just his playcallers and defensive coordinators.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson