Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Calipari Offered The NC State Job

Started by Hoggy Bear, April 09, 2006, 08:19:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: No Name Yet, Stole Somebody Else's on April 10, 2006, 05:20:42 pm
Stewie, could Calipari not make room for Kemp at NC State? Sorry, I dont know the finites of NCAA rules and regulations on recruiting.

Willie Kemp committed to Memphis due to the proximity to his sick mom...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TorsinAHog

Give NCSTATE credit. They go after what they want. We went after a mid major coach (who was pretty hot at the time).  Congrats even if they dont get him although I think MSU is a better job.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

NEAHAWG

It's rumored that Memphis is going to offer 1.6 Million, if so Calipari would be foolish to go into the ACC for a mere 100K a year more money.

Hoggy Bear

reportedly, the raise that Memphis offered was $50,000 and Calipari was insulted

Broken Trigger

My only hope is that Calipari takes the job and then has his butt handed to him on a regular basis in the ACC. 

bigred7987

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on April 10, 2006, 01:48:21 pm
Quote from: mbgrulz on April 10, 2006, 01:45:56 pm
UNC & Duke challenge the whole nation for recruiting. they are not a regional team. kids want to come their from all over the nation. calipari has connections all over the country and kids know his face. if he comes calling, he can land some big guys. i think the kicker will be wether or not he will want to compete with 2 of the best coaches in the nation. as it is right now, i dont see memphis having any trouble in the conf. usa for a long time. i say calapari gets out of the small pond. and for the record, when did memphis become a good job? last i checked calapari made it into a good job, and it will go south the moment he leaves.

But would he go to a conference where he would always be third fiddle? I do not think so.

Third fiddle?  What about Maryland, B.C., etc.?  NC State is like 6th fiddle in that conference on average.  He would be 3rd fiddle in just that state.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: Hoggy Bear on April 10, 2006, 07:54:40 pm
reportedly, the raise that Memphis offered was $50,000 and Calipari was insulted

GET THAT WEAK TOT ACTION OUT OF HERE!!!

That may be what NC State needed.

94 Hawg

If he goes to NC St.that means we will never be on the wolfpacks schedule I s'pose.

However, we COULD reschedule memfuss (we are looking for a big home game) and get back in that recruiting hotbed. Calipari to the ACC taking on Coach K, Roy Williams etc... ;D
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

HognotinMemphis

I hope Cal stays here in Memphis. He's a great coach and a great guy. Good friend to have.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Patch

Quote from: HoginMemphis on April 11, 2006, 12:24:44 am
I hope Cal stays here in Memphis. He's a great coach and a great guy. Good friend to have.

How's the Counting Crows song go? "A friend of the Devil is a friend of mine"

Ugly Uncle

I don't guess there is a chance that Heath would go to Memphis?  No? 

Okay. 

Cal.  probably would turn the keys of the Memphis talent strait over to Pearl. 

I am feeling really sad now.
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 11, 2006, 01:25:26 am

Okay. 

No but I have a little pull in Bryant and see if he can get an Assistant postion for the Hornets.

hogfankb

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on April 11, 2006, 04:45:29 am

Okay. 

No but I have a little pull in Bryant and see if he can get an Assistant postion for the Hornets.

Good to hear you don't want to get rid of Coach Smith. :)

T2 RZB

Memphis television reporting at 10:00 that Calipari has decided to stay at Memphis.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: T2 RZB on April 11, 2006, 10:04:44 pm
Memphis television reporting at 10:00 that Calipari has decided to stay at Memphis.

He must have convinced the Memphis boosters to pay him 2,000,000 per
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dwight_K_Shrute

Just saw that ncst next choice is brady?   Why is noone going after heef
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

T2 RZB

Waiting to hear if they give any details.  When it was reported earlier this evening that he had skipped a scholarship fund raising event that was held tonight, I thought for sure he was gone.

Richard_white

Quote from: hogfankb on April 11, 2006, 07:59:10 am
Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on April 11, 2006, 04:45:29 am

Okay. 

Good to hear you don't want to get rid of Coach Smith. :)

No that would be a bad move for Bryant

The_Bionic_Pig

If the Wolfpack offer John Brady 2,000,000 he is gone.... I just don't see the Bengal Tigers paying a basketball coach more than a football coach.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Broken Trigger

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 11, 2006, 10:21:28 pm
If the Wolfpack offer John Brady 2,000,000 he is gone.... I just don't see the Bengal Tigers paying a basketball coach more than a football coach.

Yeah, it would be hard to imagine them going from 750k to 2 mil in one season for anybody.  That would be a stretch i think, even if LSU had won it all.

Ugly Uncle

ESPN reporting that Calipari withdrawing name from NC State Job.

Guess the drama is over with that.  Sounds like he used it to get a pretty good raise though.
Retired Radio Host

qakhed

smart move. Play them against each other.
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 12, 2006, 08:19:53 am
ESPN reporting that Calipari withdrawing name from NC State Job.

Guess the drama is over with that.  Sounds like he used it to get a pretty good raise though.

I guess I was right. He prefers memphis.