Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the first thought that comes to your mind when you hear or see Nutt?

Started by Arkapigdiesel, April 01, 2006, 03:42:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 02, 2006, 01:14:24 am
Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 02, 2006, 01:03:46 am
"I called that play brotha"

HAHAHA, I actually found that quote to be hilarious, unlike some that found it to be offensive, I laughed my ass off, and I prefer to laugh about Nutt rather than taking him to seriously.
That's fine, as long as your not insinuating he meant that soley as a joke.

We all have to laugh at him.  Or cry.  Or lose our minds..

I think he meant it somewhat as a barb to his critics, and as far as i'm concerned, that is fine, he should have every right to defend himself. I'm no fan of his, but he is as times unfairly criticized. Some things just aren't caused by him, that's just fact. and i have zero problems with him taking a swing at those that attack him on a daily basis.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on April 02, 2006, 01:23:02 am
I think of his greatness.

Wow. You're up late tonight, Houston!  I think you meant to say "I think of his greatness, Bro-tha!"

WichitaStateRazorback

6 consecutive bowl games, returning us to our first bowl game since 95',2001 sec coach of the year,etc....

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 02, 2006, 01:34:58 am

HAHAHA, I actually found that quote to be hilarious, unlike some that found it to be offensive, I laughed my ass off, and I prefer to laugh about Nutt rather than taking him to seriously.

I think he meant it somewhat as a barb to his critics, and as far as i'm concerned, that is fine, he should have every right to defend himself.

What, trying to get credit for a play he didn't call which we found out about later by accident?

Please.  He has not been unfairly criticized.  If anything, he has been given way too much slack for way too long.  That has finally changed and that is why things are starting to look up.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on April 02, 2006, 01:37:55 am
6 consecutive bowl games, returning us to our first bowl game since 95',2001 sec coach of the year,etc....
oh my Lord..

HogFansReunited

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on April 02, 2006, 01:23:02 am
I think of his greatness.

Greatness???  What about Nutt makes you think about greatness?  The last 2 losing seasons?  Our record aginst the SEC?
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

WichitaStateRazorback

Nothing I will say will make you think he is anything other than scum, nothing you say will make me not love him as our coach........shall we just say you will be a "darksider" and i will be a "hugger"

SAUhogfan

At least Danny Ford isn't the coach.  All he wanted to do was trade recipes with my fat-ass step grandmother.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 02, 2006, 01:38:28 am

I think he meant it somewhat as a barb to his critics, and as far as i'm concerned, that is fine, he should have every right to defend himself.

What, trying to get credit for a play he didn't call which we found out about later by accident?

Please.  He has not been unfairly criticized.  If anything, he has been given way too much slack for way too long.  That has finally changed and that is why things are starting to look up.

Where were you the first 6 yrs of his tenure, when he was winning and taking us to bowl games? Yes he does do alot to be blamed about, but he is also blamed for darn that is not his fault, like blaming him b/c players show up for spring practice out of shape, how is that his fault? by ncaa rules, he is not allowed to even talk to his players before spring practice, so he has no control over what they do or dont do, until then. That's just one example. I'm not saying he shouldn't be blamed for doing darn like not getting a qb ready matts sr season for the next year, that is his fault. Also, I don't care what you say, everyone should be afforded the right to defend themselves without being ridiculed for it. and even if he isn't allowed that right. If you were him and had the oppurtunity to zing your naysayers, wuldnt u? ofcourse u would, thats our human nature, so to get mad at him for doing so is the height of stupidity, hes ONLY human.

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 02, 2006, 01:46:36 am
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 02, 2006, 01:38:28 am

If you were him and had the oppurtunity to zing your naysayers, wuldnt u? ofcourse u would, thats our human nature, so to get mad at him for doing so is the height of stupidity, hes ONLY human.
If he was trying to "zing his naysayers" as you say, he was doing it by taking credit for something he DID NOT DO.

That is just one example.  I am so sick of the freaking "bowl games" crap.  It is so easy to become bowl eligible it is ridiculous.  MEDIOCRITY.  That is what The Nutt's legacy is going to be here.  And hopefully his legacy will END after this year.

Richard_white

Wow, 6 bowl games, what was his record in those 6 games? 2-4.

The only bowl that is worth talking about was the cotton bowl and hell that isn't saying much anymore.

I don't believe Houston Nutt is a scum but I do know in my opinion that he isn't much of a coach.

razorbackfan502000

You're not very smart are you??? I mean grow up already. Do you know for a fact that he didn't call that play? I SERIOUSLY doubt that a freshman qb called an audible, that's just stupid to think it happened that way. And to deny Nutt had a good first 6 seasons is asinine. Do you remember how flat out HORRIBLE we were when he got here? We were AWFUL. We were losing to CITADEL at HOME????? we were recruiting players that wre considering us, LMU, and any other directional school that deemed them worthy of a scholarship. Dude, we were the shittiest program in the land, we were a national joke, we couldnt get any coach to do anything with this team. The guy has improved our program, PERIOD end of discussion. Are we where we would like to be? No ofcourse not, are we where Nutt would like us to be? Again no ofcourse not, unless you subscribe to the asinine theory that he wants us to lose???? Is Nutt the greatest coach ever? NO. Is he the worst coach ever? NO. Does he make mistakes? Ofcourse, who doesn't. Are his detractors unfairly hard on him? Ofcourse they are, but he knew that when he decided to become a coach. Look, the real reason we sucked the last two seasons, is that in the season precluding that one, Matt's sophmore campaign, we had some players that were selfish and arrogant, and they all bailed on the program for the the nfl, that left a huge gap in our recruiting plan which coupled with ncaa sanctions really hurt us, and we are just now recovering from that. Broyles hired Nutt and supports Nutt for a reason, and I do believe that I will trust his expertise over your rantings anyday. Thanx for playing though.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 02, 2006, 03:09:24 am
You're not very smart are you??? I mean grow up already. Do you know for a fact that he didn't call that play? I SERIOUSLY doubt that a freshman qb called an audible, that's just stupid to think it happened that way. And to deny Nutt had a good first 6 seasons is asinine. Do you remember how flat out HORRIBLE we were when he got here? We were AWFUL. We were losing to CITADEL at HOME????? we were recruiting players that wre considering us, LMU, and any other directional school that deemed them worthy of a scholarship. Dude, we were the shittiest program in the land, we were a national joke, we couldnt get any coach to do anything with this team. The guy has improved our program, PERIOD end of discussion. Are we where we would like to be? No ofcourse not, are we where Nutt would like us to be? Again no ofcourse not, unless you subscribe to the asinine theory that he wants us to lose???? Is Nutt the greatest coach ever? NO. Is he the worst coach ever? NO. Does he make mistakes? Ofcourse, who doesn't. Are his detractors unfairly hard on him? Ofcourse they are, but he knew that when he decided to become a coach. Look, the real reason we sucked the last two seasons, is that in the season precluding that one, Matt's sophmore campaign, we had some players that were selfish and arrogant, and they all bailed on the program for the the nfl, that left a huge gap in our recruiting plan which coupled with ncaa sanctions really hurt us, and we are just now recovering from that. Broyles hired Nutt and supports Nutt for a reason, and I do believe that I will trust his expertise over your rantings anyday. Thanx for playing though.
I know it's tough but get used to being mocked at every turn(as well as your smite # growing) for supporting Nutt.  Trust me there are others like you and I that can look past two losing seasons and see the good he has done.

All I can say about the first part of your post is that if you think he really did "call that play", then you are somehow biased.  So what are your ties to him? Religious, Familial, Personal?

I don't even know where to begin with all of this, you are so off in left field.  Go back and read many of the threads and posts on here.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on April 02, 2006, 03:14:23 am
I know it's tough but get used to being mocked at every turn(as well as your smite # growing) for supporting Nutt.  Trust me there are others like you and I that can look past two losing seasons and see the good he has done.

I didn't say ANYTHING about supporting Nutt, I think he's taken this program as far as he's capable; but i do NOT subscribe to the theory that he's a piece of darn that has done nothing for arkansas. NOONE can seriously claim that we arent in better shape now then we were 8 yrs ago. That's all I'm saying.

WichitaStateRazorback

Richard_white

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on April 02, 2006, 03:18:10 am
Ahh and the biggest Nutt hater here speaks.
I hate him being our coach.  I do not hate him as a person.  Only his friends and family know how he is as a person.

In his coaching role, he sucks.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on April 02, 2006, 03:19:25 am

No that would be me
I guess you could start a post on that and all the "darksiders" could argue about that instead of going after Nutt supporters.

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 02, 2006, 03:19:39 am
I hate him being our coach.  I do not hate him as a person.  Only his friends and family know how he is as a person.

He doesn't suck. I mean his players generally stay out of trouble, he graduates the vast majority of them, and the last 2 yrs not withstanding, he wins more than he loses. He's far from teh suck of coaches. He's also far from the cream of the crop.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 02, 2006, 03:19:39 am

I admit his play calling is questionable.  However I do not see play calling as a sole way to judge a coach.  I think he will be best suited for the CEO coach role he will have this year. 

Richard_white

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on April 02, 2006, 03:20:46 am
Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on April 02, 2006, 03:19:25 am

No that would be me
I guess you could start a post on that and all the "darksiders" could argue about that instead of going after Nutt supporters.

Nah, I think it is comical to listen to huggers and sunshine pumpers express there love for HDN. 

Brett Hitman Hog

Richard_white

I was walking on Dickson St one day and I saw a red book on the ground and I picked it up.  As I open it up, I saw one page and it said, OFF TACKLE RIGHT.   On the bottom of the page there was an inscription and it said, to whomever finds this please throw it in the trash, where it belongs.   Sign Gus Malzahn.

The one thought that comes into my head when I see Numb Nutts is.

Finally

Finally we have a coach that can call plays instead of OFF TACKLE

Thank God for Gus

hoggystyle78

RedSatinHog

Quote from: PBD on April 01, 2006, 03:42:56 pm
Whether you see an interview with him on TV, or hear him on the radio.  What is the first thought that comes to your mind?

Do you get disgusted by hearing his voice, are you happy, or.......?

The one and usually ONLY thing which comes to mind is, "When is this plague going to end?"

HDN is only making a complete fool of himself the moment he makes a decision or opens his mouth.

I know most people were probably offended when Minnesota's coach Glen Mason made the pointed comments he did about Nutt prior to the Music City Bowl a few years back, but he was more correct than anyone could imagine.  Pretty bad when a coach who has accomplished little more than mediocrity at one school is talking down to you, and your coach has no intelligent response to it.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Athog

The total ignorance he has to deal with in a small number of the fans.

hoggystyle78

WilsonHog

I'm all about the bottom-line, and I tend to be somewhat of a forgiving person.

I wanted Nutt fired last season. No, that's wrong. I wanted him to be publicly humiliated and THEN fired.

Now that we're in the offseason and things are looking up, I'm calm.

It's about winning for me. I would take the cheatingest, dirtiest, most morally bankrupt coach on the planet if I thought he would win an average of two more games a year at UA.

With that having been said, if we win 8+ this year I'm a Houston Nutt guy. If not, I want him publicly humiliated. And then fired.

Winning forgives everything.   

jkstock04

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 02, 2006, 03:17:47 am

I didn't say ANYTHING about supporting Nutt, I think he's taken this program as far as he's capable; but i do NOT subscribe to the theory that he's a piece of Shiite that has done nothing for arkansas. NOONE can seriously claim that we arent in better shape now then we were 8 yrs ago. That's all I'm saying.
Ummm Kaayyy...so thats all your saying huh??  Danny Ford's last year in '97, guess what our record was??  4 wins and 7 losses.  Last year with Nutt-balls as captain of our ship:  4 wins and 7 losses.  So, when you look at it that way, how is that "better shape now compared to back then" philophosy looking?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RAZORBART

I wish someone would set that stupid hat on fire HDN wears and shove it up Markuson's piehole !!!!

Lanny

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 02, 2006, 10:30:06 am
I'm all about the bottom-line, and I tend to be somewhat of a forgiving person.

I wanted Nutt fired last season. No, that's wrong. I wanted him to be publicly humiliated and THEN fired.

Now that we're in the offseason and things are looking up, I'm calm.

It's about winning for me. I would take the cheatingest, dirtiest, most morally bankrupt coach on the planet if I thought he would win an average of two more games a year at UA.

With that having been said, if we win 8+ this year I'm a Houston Nutt guy. If not, I want him publicly humiliated. And then fired.

Winning forgives everything.   

I believe I attended the same school of thought as you.  Just win Baby!
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Quote from: RAZORBART on April 02, 2006, 12:19:05 pm
I wish someone would set that stupid hat on fire HDN wears and shove it up Markuson's piehole !!!!

That hat just adds to his "charm".  Whoever made him think that was a good look? 

He might as well just add a long Corn Cobb pipe with a Razorabck logo...

hoggystyle78

How about we just go with a corn cob and jam it up his butt, oh wait, I'm sorry, someone must've already done that, so maybe the nuttster can see about getting it removed so there will be room for Frank to shove his foot up his butt when or if he tries to minimize Gus' impact on the offense.
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 02, 2006, 01:31:29 pm
Quote from: RAZORBART on April 02, 2006, 12:19:05 pm

That hat just adds to his "charm".  Whoever made him think that was a good look? 

He might as well just add a long Corn Cobb pipe with a Razorabck logo...
;D

sage_dragoon

XBox360 - SageDragoon79

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 02, 2006, 10:30:22 am

I didn't say ANYTHING about supporting Nutt, I think he's taken this program as far as he's capable; but i do NOT subscribe to the theory that he's a piece of Shiite that has done nothing for arkansas. NOONE can seriously claim that we arent in better shape now then we were 8 yrs ago. That's all I'm saying.
Ummm Kaayyy...so thats all your saying huh??  Danny Ford's last year in '97, guess what our record was??  4 wins and 7 losses.  Last year with Nutt-balls as captain of our ship:  4 wins and 7 losses.  So, when you look at it that way, how is that "better shape now compared to back then" philophosy looking?

Your just looking at 2 seasons. look at the entire 8 seasons he's been here compared to the 8 previoius seasons, even a blind man can see that he's improved our program overall. BTW, who did Nutt lose to last season and who did Ford lose to his final season? Oh yeah, big difference betweeen losing to CITADEL and losing to USC.

Here's what you need to do: Read more... post NEVER.

HatfieldHog

My first thought when I hear or see Nutt? 

I'd say that a general feeling of looking at a looser comes to my mind. Excuses,  constantly pointing to next year, and that incessant line "...we're just so close, Paul..." these absolutely make me want to scream.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: leftovers on April 02, 2006, 05:11:25 pm
Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 02, 2006, 03:11:33 pm

Your just looking at 2 seasons. look at the entire 8 seasons he's been here compared to the 8 previoius seasons, even a blind man can see that he's improved our program overall. BTW, who did Nutt lose to last season and who did Ford lose to his final season? Oh yeah, big difference betweeen losing to CITADEL and losing to USC.

Overall, Nutt's 8 seasons have been better than the 8 before him.  Those couldn't have possibly been worse.  The point is after 6 bowl appearances, including 2 straight 9-win seasons, we should never have fallen this far.  Something in Nutt's attitude has changed.

As for who Nutt lost to last season and Ford in his final season, you conveniently forget that Nutt lost to Vandy in a game where the SEC's best running back got one carry.  And Ford never lost to the Citadel.

You're right, my bad, ford wasn't the coach when we lost to the citadel. Oh but as far as DMac not getting but one carry against vandy, come on, NOONE knew he would be as dominant as he was later in the season when we played that game. Again, i'm not trying to make excuses for the nuttster, I feel as if it's time to move on, but let's atleast give the guy credit for what he did accomplish here. Even his most vemenent critic HAS to admit that our program is not the SEC joke that we were when he came to town. And that is the the END of that discussion. Any attempts to say otherwise are just stupid remarks by people that hate Nutt and refuse to admit that he did some good for our program; and i wuld wager that these are the same people that wre sucking at this teet when we hired him, and for his first 4 seasons anyway.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 02, 2006, 05:33:01 pm

Overall, Nutt's 8 seasons have been better than the 8 before him.  Those couldn't have possibly been worse.  The point is after 6 bowl appearances, including 2 straight 9-win seasons, we should never have fallen this far.  Something in Nutt's attitude has changed.

As for who Nutt lost to last season and Ford in his final season, you conveniently forget that Nutt lost to Vandy in a game where the SEC's best running back got one carry.  And Ford never lost to the Citadel.

You're right, my bad, ford wasn't the coach when we lost to the citadel. Oh but as far as DMac not getting but one carry against vandy, come on, NOONE knew he would be as dominant as he was later in the season when we played that game. Again, i'm not trying to make excuses for the nuttster, I feel as if it's time to move on, but let's atleast give the guy credit for what he did accomplish here. Even his most vemenent critic HAS to admit that our program is not the SEC joke that we were when he came to town. And that is the the END of that discussion. Any attempts to say otherwise are just stupid remarks by people that hate Nutt and refuse to admit that he did some good for our program; and i wuld wager that these are the same people that wre sucking at this teet when we hired him, and for his first 4 seasons anyway.

You are absolutely wrong about people not knowing Dmac and Felix were the real deal before the Vandy game.

I personally talked to one of the coaches (yeah, one of the Murry State Mafia), he told me that in the fall practices leading up to the first game, that Felix and Michael Smith were the top two running backs.  He said Dmac was a distant third, then Howard.  He said Michael Smith got hurt, so the two obvious best were Felix and DMac.  He said they went with Howard and Hillis because of experience and seniority.  He said, "If you were a senior, wouldn't you want to be given every opportunity over a freshman?"

Well, yes, if I was that senior I would, but as a fan, I think you should put your best players in the game...you know, the ones that give you the best chance to win. 

By the way, we are still the laughing stock, doormat of the SEC.  We have been beaten by Vanderbilt and Kentucky, and the only team in the West to have not won 10 games in the last 8 years.  Saying that we are not still a bottom feeder in the SEC is just blind ignorance...a symptom of Nutthugganitis.
Retired Radio Host

razorbackfan502000

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 02, 2006, 05:52:09 pm
Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 02, 2006, 05:33:01 pm

You are absolutely wrong about people not knowing Dmac and Felix were the real deal before the Vandy game.

I personally talked to one of the coaches (yeah, one of the Murry State Mafia), he told me that in the fall practices leading up to the first game, that Felix and Michael Smith were the top two running backs.  He said Dmac was a distant third, then Howard.  He said Michael Smith got hurt, so the two obvious best were Felix and DMac.  He said they went with Howard and Hillis because of experience and seniority.  He said, "If you were a senior, wouldn't you want to be given every opportunity over a freshman?"

Well, yes, if I was that senior I would, but as a fan, I think you should put your best players in the game...you know, the ones that give you the best chance to win. 

By the way, we are still the laughing stock, doormat of the SEC.  We have been beaten by Vanderbilt and Kentucky, and the only team in the West to have not won 10 games in the last 8 years.  Saying that we are not still a bottom feeder in the SEC is just blind ignorance...a symptom of Nutthugganitis.

I am not, nor have i ever been a nutt hugger, nor have i ever said that we are not a lower tier sec team; but let's remember that the sec in the premier conference when it comes to football, there is not even an argument about that. So to say were a lower tier program in the SEC is a little misleading. Also, I simply don't believe that a coach told you that Howard was our worst running back, and then proceeded to put him 1 on the depth chart and play him for the first half of the season. He was a senior that had had a fairly good career up until last season, DMAC was a highly touted, but untested in league play, freshman, 10 out of 10 coaches would have played the RB's in pretty much the same manner that HDN did in the Vandy game. and by the way, not playing dmac did not even lose us that game. if you want to argue that a position cost us that game, argue qb. That i might agree with you on.

CiriusPorker

its like the south park mascot election...

turd sandwich or a giant duche.

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

dbseattle

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 02, 2006, 10:30:06 am

He was publicly humiliated last year, twice. Loss to Vandy 24-28, then loss to So. Cal. 17-70. One down and one to go.
This post approved by Mike Markuson.

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 02, 2006, 06:03:00 pm
Also, I simply don't believe that a coach told you that Howard was our worst running back, and then proceeded to put him 1 on the depth chart and play him for the first half of the season.

That coach DIDN'T put him there, THE NUTT DID.  Don't you get it?  He CANNOT coach.  It is just like the QB thing last year. 

Again, please, enlighten us on your relationship to Houston. 

EastexHawg

"Incompetent buffoon"...

and...

"I can't wait until the day he is gone."