Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Nolan came to Walton with Ole Miss

Started by JJHog, March 07, 2006, 03:00:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

" Think Right, Do Right"

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

I don't boo the other team, cheer for the Hogs and boo the officials!!!!!

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

LA HAWG

"If they go ahead and pay me my money, they can take the job tomorrow." --NR

jforte

Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on March 07, 2006, 03:06:21 pm

I don't boo the other team, cheer for the Hogs and boo the officials!!!!!

yep

RBLtoHOG

I would respect him... even though he couldnt keep his mouth shut, i liked him as a coach.... when he didnt like a call he made sure the refs knew it
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

MCPeePants

I acknowledge all the good things he did with our basketball program in the 90s.

But I would boo the hell out of him.

dmhog v2.0

I would cheer him. Not for how things ended, but for what he did before that. For the Final Fours. For the National Championship.

Call Mr. Sow

I'd cheer, because I remember the good times and respect the program that he built at Arkansas. 

I'll also cheer enthusiasticly throughout the game if he puts the same effort into coaching Ole Miss as he did the Hogs the last 3-4 years he was there.  Then we'd all have PLENTY to cheer about during those games.

dmhog v2.0

I don't hold any grudges. He screwed up, Broyles screwed up, we got screwed. It's over now and we've moved on. It's like when someone you love dies, you don't remember the bad times, you think about the good times. That National Title was good and made me happy. I'll cheer him for that.

chillinhoggie

I'll cheer loud and proud for him till the game starts and then he's just another opposing coach, and I root for the HOGS!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Depends on the days leading up to the game.  If he was classy before the game saying he cherished his time at arkansas and is looking forward to playing on his old turf, then I would cheer him.  If he stirred up all the injustices about how "the white haired devil" ran him out of town, etc. It would be hard not to boo unfortunately :(

razorback3072

I agree that it would depend on the days before,  but I don't think it really matters.  It's a lose/lose situation.  Nolan being Nolan he will spin it to make himself look good.  If you cheer for him, he will say that we never wanted him to leave and that he never got a fair chance from the Admin.  If you boo him, he will say "See how they treat me after all I did for them.  I told you I could never get a fair chance up there."  Nolan is all about him and what something can do for him.  I would be quiet the enitre time they were introducing his team and him, then cheer like h-ll for the HOGS!!!!
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: abostian on March 07, 2006, 04:01:13 pm
Depends on the days leading up to the game.  If he was classy before the game saying he cherished his time at arkansas and is looking forward to playing on his old turf, then I would cheer him.  If he stirred up all the injustices about how "the white haired devil" ran him out of town, etc. It would be hard not to boo unfortunately :(

I agree.
If he finally woke up and said: "What am I saying? I sound like a madman!"

It just depends and what he says in the papers before the game.
Don't think we'll ever see Nolan come to Walton.
If Nolan ever came back, hopefully it will be to bury the hatchet and be honored.

OPPHOG

Depends on whether he brought his team in tanks or not??

NOLAN made a dummy out of himself and he will not be the Coach at OLE PISS,

He will continue to milk goats on his farm

TorsinAHog

How do you think they would announce him over the PA?  The old Noooolan Richarrrrrdsooooooon or nolan richardson?  I can say this. It would be a tough ticket to get.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

1836hog

I'll watch the game on TV b/c BWA will be a constant sellout by then and I'll be w/o a ticket.

HouTxRzbck

That is a tough call...but you have to cheer for a coach that gave us a NC, but you have to boo him for running his mouth and running the program into the ground and making us look bad.  Good question!!
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

Big Papa Satan

Frick him.  I'd boo the hell out of Nowin.

cobbshogs

rightdp

I think it would be a total embarrassment to the UofA if he got anything less than a standing ovation......would he deserve it?  maybe...maybe not.  But if we booed him, ESPN, every sportspage, and every talk show would be drilling us forever.  No matter what he says or does before the game, treat him as though he was still our coach and we just won the national championship.  Even the Bible says something about showing kindness to your enemies is like dumping hot coals on their heads.  Actually, he would probably prefer to be booed........

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: rightdp on March 07, 2006, 05:14:39 pm
I think it would be a total embarrassment to the UofA if he got anything less than a standing ovation......would he deserve it?  maybe...maybe not.  But if we booed him, ESPN, every sportspage, and every talk show would be drilling us forever.  No matter what he says or does before the game, treat him as though he was still our coach and we just won the national championship.  Even the Bible says something about showing kindness to your enemies is like dumping hot coals on their heads.  Actually, he would probably prefer to be booed........

I try that method with my ex-wife.

12under

cheer out of respect before the game, then cheer like crazy against him.

toshortrock

i hope he goes to ole miss,their wasn;t a coach i liked better than ol nolan,then all of a sudden he thought his dodo didn;t stink,but i guess we all do that,hell yeah we would have to beat him,but u know he will go all out to beat arkansas
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Dwight_K_Shrute

What it would give us is probably the most entertaining games we have had in years.  That ticket would be very hard to come by.  Think of the national publicitiy each time Nolan brought a team to BWA.  I would hope most fans would be bigger and maybe give Nolan a nice cheer or a friendly jeer before the game, and then root like hell against Ole Miss.  It would not be a bad thing for Arkansas, Ole Miss, or the SEC.  The coaches aside from Bruce Pearl and Jon Brady are about as bland as the sticky stuff on an envelope.

I don't hold too much against Nolan, I think this whole situation is mainly him against Frank, and just like in a divorce it's the kids/fans that end up suffering.

He did more good than bad, gave us more good memories and awesome wins and put one heck of a product on the court for the majority of the time he was here.

Just my opinion as a hawgball fanatic.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

razorbk1

I guess I'm behind, is he being mentioned as a possible candidate for the OLE MISS job? Oh and yes I would probably boo him. He sure didn't have any problems running our program into the ground.

PennHOG

Anyone that boos Nolan should just pack up and move to Philladelpha.  They'll fit right in. 

Shouldn't even have to ask this question.

What?  Boo the man who like it or not brought a national championship to Arkansas?  Please.  That would be so classless I don't care what Nolan has done or said recently.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

merccedes

Cant cheer the man. He may deserve a pat on the back for what he accomplished here at Arkansas but he deserves a much bigger kick in the a$$ for what he tried  to destroy here.

Lokirain

Quote from: LA HAWG on March 07, 2006, 03:06:30 pm
"If they go ahead and pay me my money, they can take the job tomorrow.” --NR

I was at Rupp when he said this, I was on press row. It wasn't that shocking at the time.

Anyway, I respect Nolan. He brought the title to Fayetteville. Who doesn't say bad stuff about former employers. Let the past be the past. I would cheer for Nolan out respect for what he did for us.

hawaiianhogster

He spat in our face before and he'll spit in our face again. I wouldn't give him the time of day just like O-Jay. I don't hold a grudge I never forget. It seems to me that he still holds a grudge. I might pass gas.

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on March 07, 2006, 07:10:57 pm
He spat in our face before and he'll spit in our face again. I wouldn't give him the time of day just like O-Jay. I don't hold a grudge I never forget. It seems to me that he still holds a grudge. I might pass gas.

You don't like the O-Jays? I can understand you not liking O.J. Simpson, but this is rediculous.

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on March 07, 2006, 03:53:45 pm
He screwed up, Broyles screwed up, we got screwed. It's over now and we've moved on. It's like when someone you love dies, you don't remember the bad times, you think about the good times. That National Title was good and made me happy. I'll cheer him for that.

Ditto

An old hog fanatic

The best thing that could happen is to do...nothing!  Don't cheer, don't boo.  Just ignore the guy.  I don't care what he won here.  He spat on this State and those who supported him.  He doesn't deserve to be cheered.  We did that and he gave us the finger.  Just ignore the guy.  THAT is what he deserves.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: usarmyhogfan on March 07, 2006, 07:22:31 pm
Ok...Smit me if youd like..but Im a bit behind here..did this clown get a job?

Just doing the "what if's"

Hawgin84

Treat him like you would any opposing coach.  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:

pigture perfect

I'm old enough to remember when Eddie Sutton left and some bad things were said about him. He was booed his first visit back to Arkansas because he made the statement that he would have crawled on his hands and knees to leave for Kentucky. Eventually, he became recognized as the architect of the Razorback Basketball tradition we know today. I think Nolan would  be booed for a while, and if he shows any class at all, he too would be eventually forgiven, after a very, very long time.

Question is, could he handle the 40 minutes of hades, he would receive the first few times he came back to the Bud?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

cardinalhawg

I lost a lot of respect for Nolan after the tirade and the events that happened in the aftermath.  If he come out and say he was wrong for what he said and for bringing the lawsuit against the university, I would have more respect for him, but I do not see that happening.  It wound not hurt if he come out and renounced Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton either.

A part of me would like to see him coaching again, just for the headlines it would make.  That would get him off the payroll, but then again if a white person made some of the racial inflammatory remarks he made, then the person would probably be blacklisted for life.  It would be interesting to see him coaching the SEC.  If he was at Ole Miss, then the games between Arkansas and Ole Miss would have more interest.  Those games between Arkansas and Ole Miss are usually pretty ugly, so at least their would be more excitement and up tempo play in those games if he was there.

I do not see Nolan being the coach at Ole Miss, but then again Mississippi has a high black population, and with his name recognition and success, he could bring in some good players and talent to Ole Miss, if he had the motivation to do so.  If Ole Miss is wanting to get out of the SEC Basement, then Nolan might be their answer, but if they are afraid of what he might say or what might happen if he is fired, then they had better not entertain the thought.  A lof of it would depend on how interested they are and how much they would offer Nolan.  Then again Nolan might not want any part of the situation at Ole Miss.

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 07, 2006, 07:41:46 pm
I'm old enough to remember when Eddie Sutton left and some bad things were said about him. He was booed his first visit back to Arkansas because he made the statement that he would have crawled on his hands and knees to leave for Kentucky. Eventually, he became recognized as the architect of the Razorback Basketball tradition we know today. I think Nolan would  be booed for a while, and if he shows any class at all, he too would be eventually forgiven, after a very, very long time.

Question is, could he handle the 40 minutes of hades, he would receive the first few times he came back to the Bud?

Could we handle the 40 minutes of hell his basketball team would give us?

hogfan13

I would make a sign that says "Nolan-Who"

pigture perfect

I don't know. I don't underestimate his power of motivation, or style of play.

I was speaking more of the riding the crowd would do to him.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on March 07, 2006, 07:45:11 pm

What hell?  From 1996 until he left here there was no more "40 minutes of hell".  It was more along the lines of "awww sh_t!!"

cardinalhawg

March 07, 2006, 07:54:13 pm #42 Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 07:57:39 pm by cardinalhawg
I'm old enough to remember when Eddie Sutton left and some bad things were said about him. He was booed his first visit back to Arkansas because he made the statement that he would have crawled on his hands and knees to leave for Kentucky. Eventually, he became recognized as the architect of the Razorback Basketball tradition we know today. I think Nolan would  be booed for a while, and if he shows any class at all, he too would be eventually forgiven, after a very, very long time.

I know that some posters mention things about being not wanting to play a Nolan Richardson coached team or even Mike Anderson's UAB team, but I say bring them on.  If we get beat, we get beat, but I want to see the Hogs take on the good teams and beat them regardless of the style or coach.  I guess that is why I am not that worried if the Hogs end up with an 8 or 9 seed.  I would like to see the Hogs get a higher seed than that in the NCAA Tournament, but you take what you get and go from there.

He would get a few cheers and a lot of boos.  His comments to go along with the lawsuit, leave a much worse taste in peoples mouths than comments from Eddie Sutton about crawling to Kentucky.  One can understand that Frank Broyles can be hard to work for, but the way Nolan played the race card caused people to lose a lot of respect for him.

We can handle the 40 minutes that Nolan likes to play if we have the ball handlers and depth.  This season, we have done well playing up tempo, so as long as we have good decision makers and good ballhandlers we would be fine.

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on March 07, 2006, 07:53:06 pm

What hell?  From 1996 until he left here there was no more "40 minutes of hell".  It was more along the lines of "awww sh_t!!"

There apparently was hell with the Panama team he coached. Maybe. just maybe, there is a fire left inside of him. You don't think he's motivated like no other after what happened with him here? If he ever coaches again, there will be hell.

HOGLIGULA

like the way Nolan left the Uof A or not the fact remains he brought us a title and several final four appearances, and i don't think anyone would criticize his style of play, and the ability to win games
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

NaturalStateReb

Nolan isn't coming to Ole Miss.  I've said it once, I'll say it again:

Nolan Richardson + Ole Miss = The End Times
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Method Ham

Nolan was a mastermind regardless of how the last handful of years played out.  He deserves respect.
OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

johnny cash

It would matter at what smart a** remark Nolan makes before the game.

the donger

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

TulsaFan

I can't help but to think that if Nolan went to Ole Miss, it would only be to smite Arkansas.  It makes no sense for NOLAN RICHARDSON, of all people, to move to the most racist area of the country (I know..I've lived there).  There are too many other places for him to coach, that would be much more conducive for him.  I wouldn't boo him, I would just have to laugh and enjoy what would probably end up being one hell of a rivalry...as a result.