Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who would you rather see go Heath or Nutt ?

Started by Razorback53, February 15, 2006, 09:56:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback53

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Thrilbilly on February 15, 2006, 10:01:27 pm
Heath since we got Gus. I am going to give Nutt one more chance. We'll see!
ditto.

HoopS

Looking strictly at the facts

There are 64 NCAAT slots a year and Heath is o for 3 soon to be 4.

There are roughly 60 bowl slots a year and Nutt is 6 of 8.

Not making the ncaat for 4 years is not acceptable. 

Missing bowl games for 3 years will not be acceptable either.

Snarlton

RAZORBART

NUTT without reservations. At least Heath can sort of recruit.

fire_hog

Nutt, no question about it. He has always struck me as a pathetic middle manager at an Office Depot. He simply doesn't have it. I have pictured Heath slowly building a LASTING excellent program, although this year has pushed my patience to the limit, and will be a BBall darksider just as soon as we lose in the SECT and slam the door on a Big Dance appearance.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

silverhawg

Frank, holding hands with heath and nutt as they leave the campus

mtpockets

Nutt.  How quickly a decent recruiting class causes people to forget.  That being said I bet Heath is Nutt's favorite person on campus right now.

Chief Mac

Quote from: idochog on February 15, 2006, 10:24:31 pm
Quote from: Razorback53 on February 15, 2006, 10:22:42 pm
Nutt also had decent years in his first couple of season...I dont think we have beaten a nationally ranked team in Basketball since Heath has been here besides missouri state this year. Nutt atlest beat Texas and gave LSU a run for this money this year

So what you are saying is moral losses= LSU are OK for HDN but not for Heath?
Quote from: idochog on February 15, 2006, 10:24:31 pm
Quote from: Razorback53 on February 15, 2006, 10:22:42 pm
Nutt also had decent years in his first couple of season...I dont think we have beaten a nationally ranked team in Basketball since Heath has been here besides missouri state this year. Nutt atlest beat Texas and gave LSU a run for this money this year

So what you are saying is moral losses= LSU are OK for HDN but not for Heath?

I think both should go but at least Nutt's teams play hard.  I am embarrassed by our lack of enthusiasm on the floor.  No heart or sense of urgency.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

xxgibbyx

Heath... no question about it. Keep in mind we have won 2 west division titles with Nutt. and with the new hires and him more of a motivator rather than play caller, it can only get better. With Heath, well let just say we are average at  best. You could think by chance we would win more than 3 SEC road games. thats less than one per year.. GEEZ! Fire Heath!

MGCAPRI

Heath and drive till you have to look up to see the ocean!!!!!!!

Suidae

Silly question.
Who would you rather see naked?  Cindy Crawford or Roseanne Barr?

lyon98

What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

hogsNbeer

This is sooooooooooooooo easy...... FIRE NUTT!!!!!!!!!      What would the football program be if Nutt would have taken over a program as dismal as Nolan left for Heath..... Think really hard about that...I think our football program has hit Kentucky, and the the likes of Vandy-except they beat us this year AT HOME!-don't forget....    Doesn't matter what changes have been made...8 years is 8 years and if takes 8 years to figure you suck as playcaller then you need to hit the frickin ROAD!!!!!  SOONER THAN LATER..........Nutt Sucks plain and simple......Don't be fooled by the new hires, as long as Nutt is the coach we are mediocre.....Always have been, always will.......... Nutt REAKS of MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!!!1

no one

NUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He might get AD if he is allowed to stay and we will be worse than we are now.  If he cant coach, he won't know who can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hogfursty

heath. no doubt. he has talent. just cant use it. Nutt  doesnt have talent except for a few players(compared to the rest of the SEC). At least Nutt's players play hard. Heath's guys are a bunch of passies.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: no one on February 16, 2006, 02:46:18 pm
NUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He might get AD if he is allowed to stay and we will be worse than we are now.  If he cant coach, he won't know who can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Oh HELL no, we don't that need that....Agreed....NUTT as AD...HELL NO!!!!!!! 

Karma for you my friend...

razorbackfan4life

GassHogg

HoopS

EastexHawg

Nutt first...then Heath.

Heath's 5-6 SEC record is terrible...which only goes to emphasize how pathetic Nutt's 2-6 record this past year was, as well as his 5-11 SEC record the last two years.

How freaking far have our expectations fallen when these two clowns are heading up the two major revenue sports at Arkansas...and there is seemingly nothing they can do to get themselves fired?

It's sickening.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hoophogs on February 16, 2006, 03:43:28 pm
Hogsbeer @ no one

Same guy?

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh, no.....     Thanks for playing though....

Fletch

I'm going to design a bumper sticker that says "Go Nutt...........And Take Stan Heath With You." Who will buy one?
I feel like $100

HatfieldHog

That's like asking which way you want to be executed!  Toss em both!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Deuce Pigelow

HEATH!! HEATH HEATH HEATH HEATH HEATH HEATH HEATH HEATH HEATH HEATH HEATH HEATH!!!!

sage_dragoon

Quote from: hoophogs on February 16, 2006, 11:08:32 am

Not making a case either way, but there are 3 times as many D1 schools in basketball.

If I must vote, I'd have to go with Heath.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

bigredporker

Stan is a good coach. Not a great coach. He has taken the Hogs as far as he can.
Will be disappointing in the NCAA (if we make it at all). STAN MUST GO!

dbseattle

This post approved by Mike Markuson.

hogshank

Nutt. He has the i.q. of a pine cone. At least Heath will likely have the decency to quit after a few more years of failure.

Jaison Black

Quote from: idochog on February 15, 2006, 10:14:31 pm

Only reason for optimism with HDN is b/c he has been told to just shutup and sing the fight song.

...and you know this how?

Stating conjecture as fact does not make it fact.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Razr on February 16, 2006, 04:58:51 pm

Only reason for optimism with HDN is b/c he has been told to just shutup and sing the fight song.

Come on...everyone from Mike Irwin to other deep insiders have said this.  Give up the idea that there isn't a serious muzzle on Nutt.  I can't believe that people keep arguing against this.  Nutt must leave Gus alone.
Retired Radio Host

Flatfoot

Heath hands down. 

I want everyone to donate to the Heath Moving Fund.  Please call 1-800-StanSux.  Operators are standing by. 

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

HairyHog

hog caller

yall can quit moaning about this subject. there will be no one else fired at the U of A.

i'm not a genie with a crystal ball but just a country boy with common sence . er: isn't the Nolan thing still stiring the pot.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

February 16, 2006, 07:31:14 pm #85 Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 07:33:07 pm by Fire Numb Nutts!!!
Numb Nutts, no question. Football is much bigger than basketball, I couldn't give two shiites about basketball.

If Heath is fired and a retarded cracker loser like Numb Nutts is allowed to stay, there'll be a shiite storm that will make Nolan Gate look like a mole hill -- Arkansas athletics may never recover.

Besides, Heath is a gentleman and has much better personal hygiene than @$$wipe, nail gnawer Numb Nutts.  :puke:
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

DUKE SNYDER

Are you Butch Davis
Quote from: uglyuncle on February 15, 2006, 10:29:44 pm
Nutt a 1000X Nutt.

Heath needs to go to.  But NUTT IS A JOKE.  He must must must must must must must must must must must must must must must GO!!!!

ctthras

NUTT!!!!!!!!!!  For the past three years I have been hoping that it would happen!!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

DUKE SNYDER

You are Butch Davis.
Quote from: uglyuncle on February 16, 2006, 02:14:43 am
Nutt Nut Nutt.

However, Heath should not be allowed back in his office tomorrow.  Both should be fired.  Even when we lose by 20 to Florida on Saturday I will still think Nutt needs to be fired more.  However, it will be much closer then.  Nutt after Saturday will still be ahead by a nose.

DUKE SNYDER

Now Butch settle down.
Quote from: uglyuncle on February 16, 2006, 05:09:58 pm
Quote from: Razr on February 16, 2006, 04:58:51 pm

Come on...everyone from Mike Irwin to other deep insiders have said this.  Give up the idea that there isn't a serious muzzle on Nutt.  I can't believe that people keep arguing against this.  Nutt must leave Gus alone.

DUKE SNYDER

Nutt has been to six bowls in eight years.
How many NCAA Tournaments has Heath
been in last four years.
Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 15, 2006, 10:13:53 pm
Nutt.  No question about it.

Heath's had only four years to prove his ineptitude.  Nutt's been at it for over 8.

DUKE SNYDER

Are you Mrs. Butch Davis

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 16, 2006, 02:46:09 pm
This is sooooooooooooooo easy...... FIRE NUTT!!!!!!!!!      What would the football program be if Nutt would have taken over a program as dismal as Nolan left for Heath..... Think really hard about that...I think our football program has hit Kentucky, and the the likes of Vandy-except they beat us this year AT HOME!-don't forget....    Doesn't matter what changes have been made...8 years is 8 years and if takes 8 years to figure you suck as playcaller then you need to hit the frickin ROAD!!!!!  SOONER THAN LATER..........Nutt Sucks plain and simple......Don't be fooled by the new hires, as long as Nutt is the coach we are mediocre.....Always have been, always will.......... Nutt REAKS of MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!!!1

Ugly Uncle

I am Butch Davis.  Thanks for noticing Houston.
Retired Radio Host

DUKE SNYDER

Good post:finally some facts
Quote from: hoophogs on February 16, 2006, 11:08:32 am

Calico_Hog

I think with the talent the football hogs have coming next year, including both players and coaches, that we have a realistic chance to win a least seven games. That being said, I think if Stan had Reddick, Morrison and Williams to go along with Brewer, he still couldn't win. With out a doubt STAN has to go!!!

DUKE SNYDER

Oh yeah.
No point guard
NO shooters
NO rebounders
Nobody who can make a shot with the
game on the line.
No hearts
Bunch of chokers.
Great job of recuriting Stan
Quote from: RAZORBART on February 16, 2006, 11:20:18 am
NUTT without reservations. At least Heath can sort of recruit.

EastexHawg

Winning seven games next year would mean a final record of 7-6.  If that satisfies the majority of Razorback fans, Nutt is our man!

Let's review some more "facts":

ZERO bowls the last two years.  Considering all it takes to get to a bowl is a breakeven conference record and wins against two non-conference pansies...and considering three of our SEC football games last year were against Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, and Miss. State...all Nutt really had to do was not lose to one of the cupcakes and knock off one more SEC team.  Coaches at least 60-70 programs across the nation could have achieved what Nutt did, beating Missouri State, La.-Monroe, Ole Miss and Miss. State. 

Failure to reach a bowl game is unacceptable.  The number of bowls is ridiculous.  It is easier to get to a bowl game than to get to the NCAA basketball tournament.  All it takes is a winning (6-5) record.  Many Div 1-A basketball teams with winning records don't make the big dance.

Nutt has two winning conference records in eight years (1998 and 2002).  On the bright side, considering he has one winning season every four years...maybe he is due this year.

He has a 21-28 SEC record this century.

Nutt hasn't beaten an SEC team with a winning conference record since November of 2002.

Heath's 5-6 record this year, combined with 6-10 last year, amounts to a miserable .407 (11-16) SEC winning percentage the last two years.  But it's better than Nutt's .313 (5-11) percentage over the same time period. 

Heath needs to be replaced...right after Nutt is shown the door.

HoopS

I never stated I wanted Nutt or Heath, just stated facts about the 2 programs.  I'm not happy with either one of them.  One note East, I'd he could have pulled the same trifecta of ole miss, msu and miz state lije nutt did, we wouldn't have this thread in all likelihood.

HoopS

Sorry for the typos its hard to type on a phone.