Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For all you guys who love Mcurdy!

Started by arod2024, February 08, 2006, 09:05:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arod2024

clemensrules01

cost us the game. what a joke.

Kevin

unfair to the kid to ask him to go into that situation.  bad sub and bad use of a timeout.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Salvaboar Dali

Quote from: clemensrules01 on February 08, 2006, 09:05:49 pm

The Heath Haters always seem to be McCurdy Huggers. They must be really conflicted right now.

secthumper

....AGREED....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

Skip Foreplay

February 08, 2006, 09:07:53 pm #5 Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 09:10:10 pm by Pig in a Poke
Quote from: arod2024 on February 08, 2006, 09:05:36 pm
nice job!
Quote from: arod2024 on February 08, 2006, 09:05:36 pm
nice job!
So many folks want him to play more.  He helped  lose the Bama And again tonight  against LSU...give me  a break.

WxHog

Until that, we were 17 out of 19 from the FT line.   Will the fans still love McCurdy so much after he missed 2 in a row when we needed them the most?   

UsACoL1004

It's easy to put the blame on him...i feel for the kid.  Place scarce minutes and is left with the most important shots of the game.

maniax22bolts20

clemensrules01

Quote from: Kevin on February 08, 2006, 09:06:45 pm
unfair to the kid to ask him to go into that situation.  bad sub and bad use of a timeout.
whatever. dont give me that crap. all he has to do is hit a free throw. he is a wasted scholarship. just like every other player on the team with the exception of brewer, modica, thomas, hill, and maybe townes.

clemensrules01

Quote from: UsACoL1004 on February 08, 2006, 09:08:06 pm
It's easy to put the blame on him...i feel for the kid.  Place scarce minutes and is left with the most important shots of the game.
and he chokes

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Another ignorant post.  You are racking them up.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

BigoBoys

You are absolutely right!  Put a freshman in at the end who has played less than a minute.  Coaching Error!

hogfan98

bad substitution.  shouldn't have been in the game.

hogfancb

McCurdy's FT's didn't cost us the game.

Rebounding and Turnovers cost us.

Father Swine

Yeah, you're right. 

It wasn't coaching and all of the other players had awesome games. 
So I guess it was McCurdy.

Modica didn't miss a layup or force any shots either.

Seriously, you can lay this one on the coach and every player on that team.

thahawg

They guy hadn't been in all game then Heath throws him in at the last minute to shoot free throws.

Razor6

You got a scholarship to play basketball.  You need to be able to play basketball.
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Quote from: clemensrules01 on February 08, 2006, 09:08:43 pm
and he chokes

You think Jefferson would have hit those free throws.  COLD form sitting on the pine when he should have been playing.  It is all making sense now.  Your posts are ignorant because YOU are.  What a dumbarse
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

fu-man-soo

i dont feel darn for him.  he should have made 1 free throw. this team is cursed.  i hope all the mccurdy lovers realize why he sucks.  cut him

The Pulse

come on. Why all of the bragging about how McCurdy should be playing instead of Jefferson. at least Jefferson doesn't choke on the free throws to lose the game.

Kevin

i would like to see basically sit for 40 minutes of game time that be ask to hit 2 freethrows to win the game on the road.  blame the coach bad substitution.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dzeppfan77

NO, he is not a joke. He was put in at the wrong time. The kid plays ONE minute and Stan put him in at that situation. It would be different if the kid has played some more minutes and gotten some experience. Either play the kid and give him more minutes or don't. Don't half-a$$ play the kid.

cobbshogs

Galleywinter

All you peps thathave been yelling for him to play. There you have it. Seems I remember people saying a few weeks ago. "Dontell lost the game for us. McCurdy should have been in there." Be careful what you wish for.

clemensrules01

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 08, 2006, 09:08:48 pm

Another ignorant post.  You are racking them up.
ur right. if he would have hit the free throws, we still wouldve lost. give me a break. you blame nutt for everything but you cant blame the players for shiite. i blame who deserves it.  heath made the wrong substitution, but he still should have hit it.

bigdaddyhawg

Anyone who played ball themselves knows how hard it is to sit on the bench the whole game, then be asked to come in and shut FT's in the last seconds.  It's not McCurdy's fault!!  Heath should have his tail kicked up between his shoulder blades for that move!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

jkcrunch

haters hammered DJ in the same boat Sean should get no less

UnionChristian#3

are you kidding me?! Do you remember all the turnovers by Jefferson and Ferguson? The two minutes McCurdy was in he had two assists and the offense ran well. You put a guy in cold who probably has alittle bit of an attitude because he doesnt get to play. Heath was outcoached. He shouldnt of had him in there if he wasnt going to play him before that. Brady saw McCurdy and did what any good coach would do...take advantage of the other coach's mistake. No blame to McCurdy. We should have seniors who would come in the offseason and work on free throws so we wouldnt have to put the kid in this situation.
"It's not who I am on the inside, but it's what I do, that defines who I am."

clemensrules01

Quote from: hogfancb on February 08, 2006, 09:09:31 pm
McCurdy's FT's didn't cost us the game.

Rebounding and Turnovers cost us.
turnovers???????? we almost won BECAUSE of turnovers. if he hits the free throws, we win and make the ncaa tournament. we wont now.

PHill94

No McCurdy costs us the game. i don't want to hear such crap like that. That was the best run I have ever seen from Arkansas and McCurdy cost us the game

Quote from: Kevin on February 08, 2006, 09:10:15 pm
i would like to see basically sit for 40 minutes of game time that be ask to hit 2 freethrows to win the game on the road.  blame the coach bad substitution.

Kevin, you are a big man to say this.  You could have piled on the boy.  Thanks for the honest opinion.  Kudos to you.  I respect you more than you know for that.

fu-man-soo

make your free throws... peroid.  sitting on the bench or not. make a shot.

clemensrules01

Quote from: jkcrunch on February 08, 2006, 09:11:31 pm
haters hammered DJ in the same boat Sean should get no less
bingo

zortoes

Oh c'mon now, you can't blame McCurdy for losing this game.  Sure, he missed two free throws, but we were already up by two points at the time.  We broke down on defense at the other end of the floor and didn't have a plan to come back and gets any points on offense.  You wanna blame someone...?  Blame Stan Heath.

chiti66

Are you serious!  SH fault!!!!  SM missed the sealer, PERIOD!!!!!

Father Swine

February 08, 2006, 09:14:40 pm #36 Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 09:16:27 pm by Father Swine
Let's see he's 86%, but he sat almost the entire game until the last 30 seconds.

He should've hit the shots, but he didn't.

I watched plenty of mistakes the entire game.

Too many turnovers, missed layups and forced shots.  There's plenty of blame to go around.

clemensrules01

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 08, 2006, 09:10:03 pm
and he chokes

You think Jefferson would have hit those free throws.  COLD form sitting on the pine when he should have been playing.  It is all making sense now.  Your posts are ignorant because YOU are.  What a dumbarse
he couldnt have done worse. i think mccurdy did just as bad as one could do. whenever someone doesnt agree with you (knows what they're talking about), theyre ignorant?

Hums

Sorry he has to make those FT. If they would have fouled Ferguson or Jefferson then people would have been all over Heath for having them in the game.

UnionChristian#3

are you kidding me?! Do you remember all the turnovers by Jefferson and Ferguson? The two minutes McCurdy was in he had two assists and the offense ran well. You put a guy in cold who probably has alittle bit of an attitude because he doesnt get to play. Heath was outcoached. He shouldnt of had him in there if he wasnt going to play him before that. Brady saw McCurdy and did what any good coach would do...take advantage of the other coach's mistake. No blame to McCurdy. We should have seniors who would come in the offseason and work on free throws so we wouldnt have to put the kid in this situation.
"It's not who I am on the inside, but it's what I do, that defines who I am."

hogfan98

Quote from: pulsation of being on February 08, 2006, 09:10:06 pm
come on. Why all of the bragging about how McCurdy should be playing instead of Jefferson. at least Jefferson doesn't choke on the free throws to lose the game.

you've apparently forgotten the alabama game.  he choked at the line AND fouled a guy shooting an off balance 3-pointer.

Sonofahog

Brady made a great move to foul Mccurdy.  That is who he wanted at the line.  A freshman who isn't getting any PT off the bench cold.  Good coaching move by Brady. Bad move by Heath.  With that said, Mccurdy is an 83% free throw shooter and should have made at least one.  He looked like he hurried both shots.  Slow down Sean,  the game is on the line.

I agree, we are cursed.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

murray-vegas

McCurdy makes 1 of the 2, we are talking OT right now at worst. I'm sure you can point to every miss tonight for the loss but when the game was being iced, he missed. Simple fact.

arod2024

I agree he shouldn't have ever been in there, of course I don't think he should ever be in there, but if you get a scholorship to play college ball, you should be able to hit a free throw no matter what the situation!

arcowboy

Lets just face the facts bottom line is the coach.  Poor substitution at the end of the game .

Quote from: clemensrules01 on February 08, 2006, 09:14:50 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 08, 2006, 09:10:03 pm
and he chokes

he couldnt have done worse. i think mccurdy did just as bad as one could do. whenever someone doesnt agree with you (knows what they're talking about), theyre ignorant?

WHERE was your "JEFFERSON" post after the Alabama game.  AND BY THE WAY, he is a SENIOR who was in the game, MOST of the game. 

bigunit

Where are the huggers? Of course they will blame Stan.
Stan dont shoot the free throws. And Brewer, no mental toughness,
does not the ball with the game on the line. [CENSORED] when a time out was called in an earlier game. Let him take it this time and you saw what he did.

SwinerBock

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 08, 2006, 09:11:18 pm
Anyone who played ball themselves knows how hard it is to sit on the bench the whole game, then be asked to come in and shut FT's in the last seconds.  It's not McCurdy's fault!!  Heath should have his tail kicked up between his shoulder blades for that move!!

Didn't Mccurdy a game or two ago come in and as soon as he is in the game, hits a three?  And he only played a minute there...

Hillis4heisman

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on February 08, 2006, 09:07:10 pm
Im trying to figure out what in the hell that kid did to you guys that hate on him so much...Hes 18 fresh out of high school and coming off a year long injury and some of you expect him to be Cory Beck with Thurmonds shot...Geeeeez

The Heath Haters always seem to be McCurdy Huggers. They must be really conflicted right now.

zortoes

Quote from: UnionChristian#3 on February 08, 2006, 09:15:30 pm

Amen!

Kinda makes me wonder if Heath put McCurdy in to prove a point?  He had already said earlier in the year, he wouldn't put a Freshman in a situation like that... I don't know what to think about Heath anymore.