Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HDN's folks

Started by Big Papa Satan, April 08, 2005, 12:43:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa Satan

Is Houston Nutt's family originally from the Fordyce, Carthage area?

hawgfan_18

Little Rock I believe

Big Papa Satan

I knew his parents taught at the School for the Deaf, and that he and his brothers grew up in LR, but it seems like I've heard they were originally from Fordyce.

Probably am wrong, but I found something slightly disturbing, which is the reason I'm asking about it.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

And what would that be?  Don't put those teasers out there then hold back. :D

DirkPiggler

Quote from: DR on April 08, 2005, 12:47:14 am
I knew his parents taught at the School for the Deaf, and that he and his brothers grew up in LR, but it seems like I've heard they were originally from Fordyce.

Probably am wrong, but I found something slightly disturbing, which is the reason I'm asking about it.

Yes, they're originally from Fordyce.  Either Houston's dad or grandpa, can't remember which, was buddies with Bear Bryant back in the day. 
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

bknight33

Houston has a wonderful family....

Big Papa Satan

Oh great, that's what I figured.

Found an obit in a cabinet here for a Hugh Harrison Nutt from Fordyce that died in March of last year.  Written on the side is that that this Nutt guy was a cousin to my grandfather, and both are from Carthage.  This Nutt's mother has the same maiden name as my mother's family.  This guy sounds like one of Houston Sr.'s brothers.

So HDN and I are related to the same people.  Dunno if I can say distant cousins, hopefully not.  Small world, I guess.

tophawg19

can he call you 'cuz'
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Big Papa Satan

tophawg19

maybe with free season tickets for life . :D

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 08, 2005, 05:06:05 pm
maybe with free season tickets for life . :D
or until next year  ;)

tophawg19

same difference . maybe you can call him and explan that if you got to piss off someone don't make it the fans.also some off. tips .

Big Papa Satan

I wonder if anyone knows what Houston Sr's folks names are.

tophawg19

I think there is a DR. NUTT still there he has family ties .you might try there i can't remember his 1st name .