Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ohio St. coming to the Bud?

Started by batmanfan, April 07, 2005, 09:14:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

Someone reported on another board that OSU was going to play in the Bud next year.  Does someone have the link?  HAHAH, JJ IS COMIN HOME!  I got to get tickets to this one just so I can boo his traitor ass.  If we lose this one, this would be like losing to ASU or UALR.  Heath would need to be fired right after the game.

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

tophawg19

need to make him feel [welcome] signs,poster boards etc.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Gman

Sounds as if we are going to have some real non-conf games this year.

3kgthog

I was under the impression that our major non-conference opponents were already set with the Maui Inv. and the game against Texas Tech.

I hope the team with the lamest mascot in America comes to Fayetteville. I would certainly love the chance to boo Sullinger to no end. The rest of the Hog family can support him if they wish, but JJ jumped ship and forfeited all Razorback courtesy once he left.  It's not like he got forced out like Davis and Mukubu. 

Porquemada

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 07, 2005, 10:03:36 pm
I was under the impression that our major non-conference opponents were already set with the Maui Inv. and the game against Texas Tech.

I hope the team with the lamest mascot in America comes to Fayetteville.  
Has anyone ever been attacked or beaten by an angry buckeye? Was the "Fighting Pecans" moniker already taken? Sooners, Cornhuskers (Bugeaters), Gamecocks are all terrible mascots IMO, but Buckeyes takes the prize for worst NCAA mascot in my book.

hawgfan_18

i think thats just a rumor on Ohio State playin at the bud next year. i don't see it on their schedule or ours....

Big Papa Satan

Texas Tech playing Arkansas?

Wally Hall probably darn himself when he first heard of that.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on April 07, 2005, 10:16:23 pm

Has anyone ever been attacked or beaten by an angry buckeye? Was the "Fighting Pecans" moniker already taken? Sooners, Cornhuskers (Bugeaters), Gamecocks are all terrible mascots IMO, but Buckeyes takes the prize for worst NCAA mascot in my book.

You forgot the fightin banana slugs.  Amusing, but not fearsome.

El Dog Hog

That would be great! I dated a girl from Ohio and she and her family are big OSU fans. I went up there for spring break and caught some hell.This was of course the year after they "won" the national championship. We should dominate them for sure. I know I'd for sure love that. The sad thing is, that more than half of the OSU fans dont even know they have a basketball team. At the bud, the basketball palace of mid america, we should win by double digits.

Ive heard about the Texas Tech that we are going to play and home and home. Play them in Dallas and Little Rock. Any truth behind that? Any truth to us playing them at all? I remember stan saying that he was going to take OK State and Illi off the schedule, and replace them with other teams from that conference, and maybe one day even play an ACC team.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

He better get moving or that one day may never come. ;D  And if we get to pick an ACC team to play, I want to take on Virginia or maybe Florida State ;)

hawkeyefan17

J.J. Sullinger went home when he transferred to Ohio State. He is from Columbus, Ohio.

bknight33

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on April 07, 2005, 10:16:23 pm

What about the Gentlemen of Cetenary?  That is pretty intimidating

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hawkeyefan17

April 08, 2005, 10:12:27 am #13 Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 10:14:19 am by hawkeyefan17
Big Ten fans know it as "The Ohio State University" I have a doctor in Des Moines that I saw a while back, he did his residency at "The Ohio State University" and I was talking to him about going there and I slipped and said just Ohio State and he quickly corrected me.

He is a Kansas grad which I gave him a hard time about.

gatecrasher

I know one of you media guys on here can get some info on who our non-conference opponents may be (besides the Maui Invitational).  Help us out!

Extra Point

We play Texas Tech at the American Airlines Center in Dallas next year and at Alltel Arena the following year.

tophawg19

3KG you may have misunderstood me J.J has about as much chane of being welcomed as SADAM .
P&BEANS  how about delaware BLUE HENS ? isn't a hen afemale chicken in the north to .

Buck Ocean

QuoteBig Ten fans know it as "The Ohio State University"

SEC fans know it as:   "THE Big Ten's Biggest Violator of NCAA Rules" last year.
Think like a Jedi

gatecrasher

Quote from: Extra Point on April 08, 2005, 01:51:04 pm
We play Texas Tech at the American Airlines Center in Dallas next year and at Alltel Arena the following year.
Who else is on the non-conference schedule next season?  And is playing in Dallas part of a tournament or classic of some sort? (As opposed to playing them in Lubbock?)

hawkeyefan17

Buck,

I usually don't defend Ohio State on anything (because I despise them) but...Troy Smith has been cleared to play (assuming he repays the money he got from the agent) the basketball team served a self imposed post season ban and probably won't get anymore penalties from the NCAA and nothing else has come out regarding other violations.

So looks like they are in the clear for now.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on April 08, 2005, 05:57:52 pm
Buck,

I usually don't defend Ohio State on anything (because I despise them) but...Troy Smith has been cleared to play (assuming he repays the money he got from the agent) the basketball team served a self imposed post season ban and probably won't get anymore penalties from the NCAA and nothing else has come out regarding other violations.

So looks like they are in the clear for now.

OSU is the Big 10's version of Tennessee...untouchable.  Arkansas' violations didn't begin to approach those involving Maurice Clarrett and Tee Martin, yet we got hammered.

tophawg19

mccurdy

Extra Point

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on April 08, 2005, 04:29:56 pm
Quote from: Extra Point on April 08, 2005, 01:51:04 pm
Who else is on the non-conference schedule next season? And is playing in Dallas part of a tournament or classic of some sort? (As opposed to playing them in Lubbock?)
It is similar to the Illinois series we have had.  We have played them at the United Center in Chicago (where the Bulls play...that place is great) and then in LR's Alltell.  It is nice for schools to do this to get attention in that area and hopefully get a good tv slot.

tophawg19

Dallas has been great for us [barn hill west] in the swc we owned the place.great ark. fans there .should be great chance for some of them to go who otherwise might never get the chance to see them play here.