Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FB Offense

Started by Kevin, April 07, 2005, 01:59:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I am tired of people saying our football team averaged 30ppg last year. 

Against quality opponents we avg. 20 points per game.  so we were not real high scoring.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

gatecrasher

Quote from: Kevin on April 07, 2005, 01:59:35 pm

Against quality opponents we avg. 20 points per game. so we were not real high scoring.
Well if we score 20 ppg and we have a top-notch defense, we'll still win alot of games. Try again!

Kevin

no question, but i am tired of people thinking we are a high scoring offense.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Kevin on April 07, 2005, 02:25:52 pm
no question, but i am tired of people thinking we are a high scoring offense.

hogs are, vs LA directional schools  ;)

Mike Tencleve

That is why it's called an avg.. Look at Auburn they avg. lot more against their non-conference schools

sooie dog

If we averaged 30 points a game that's what we averaged.  Why dispute it?  We played Texas and the SEC.  So your going to say AU only won 8 games b/c of 5 cupcakes?  I don't what the actuall average was but whatever the number that's what it is. 

sooie dog

I guess I took to long to post.  Now it looks like of copied mi-ky.  Sorry about that.

Mike Tencleve

Sooie dog, Great minds think alike!!

Phat Hawg

Quote from: mi-ky on April 07, 2005, 02:35:24 pm
That is why it's called an avg.. Look at Auburn they avg. lot more against their non-conference schools

Did they throw up a hundred against New Mexico and Lousiana Whatever the Helll They Are?

Phat Hawg

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on April 07, 2005, 02:17:45 pm
Quote from: Kevin on April 07, 2005, 01:59:35 pm

Against quality opponents we avg. 20 points per game. so we were not real high scoring.
Well if we score 20 ppg and we have a top-notch defense, we'll still win alot of games. Try again!

Well yeah I agree.  If the Hogs score 20 a game and the other teams only scored 17 they probably would've won more games.

Jesus

Sirporkalot

Too bad nobody takes the time to think before they type.  It just seems that people want to post something negative for the sake of being negative; but just are not smart enough to see they look like...well...Hoggysoprano.

Supermark101

Quote from: Phat Hawg on April 07, 2005, 03:23:06 pm

Did they throw up a hundred against New Mexico and Lousiana Whatever the Helll They Are?

NO they did it against THE CIADEL and La Tech.

idochog

April 07, 2005, 04:25:19 pm #12 Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 04:27:26 pm by idochog
Dont forget the 30 or so we put on Aubbie and Florida when they went to PREVENT DEFENSE after they got a big lead.

Absent a gift from LSU, we wouldnt have scored what we did. 

You've got to remember statistics dont beat the good teams.

Problem against the good teams is HDN plays not to lose which is why we lose.

I love Jesus!

S.P.A.M. Hog

Stats are for folks who have way too much time on their hands. Stats are and can be used to make ANY point you want them to as long as you include or exclude the ones you want and the ones you don't. This thread proves that point. ;)
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

Phat Hawg

Quote from: Supermark101 on April 07, 2005, 04:19:28 pm
Quote from: Phat Hawg on April 07, 2005, 03:23:06 pm

NO they did it against THE CIADEL and La Tech.

Actually they scored 85.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

There are lies, darned lies and then there are statistics.

Who said that? ;D

Big Papa Satan

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Super double jeopardy.  What's his real name?

hawkeyefan17

Mark Twain's real name was Samuel Clemons. I think he was from Hannibal, Missouri

S.P.A.M. Hog

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on April 08, 2005, 09:35:01 am
Mark Twain's real name was Samuel Clemons. I think he was from Hannibal, Missouri

That's correct for 500 points Hawkeye. I've even been to his house! Hannibal is a tourist trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being from Missouri....you have to go to Hannibal and to see Harry S. Truman's homestead, in addition to the Bud brewery, Busch Stadium and the Arch. Of course I will go to St Louis anytime, love that town!
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Don't forget the middle name, "Langhorne"

How's that for a name:  Samuel Langhorne Clemens.  No wonder the guy changed it.  He is probably the most "American" writer we have ever created in this great country.