Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UAB up by 6 halfway through 1st half

Started by YodaHog, March 17, 2005, 09:20:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

YodaHog

This team is showing some great hustle.

maniax22bolts20

FDU was up by 1 on Illinois going into the break. These night games have some action. Go UAB. Got Texas Tech.

hogstorm

The_Bionic_Pig

March 17, 2005, 09:29:15 pm #3 Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 09:31:11 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
They need to be playing to their strengths inside instead of trying to keep this a track meet.   ???

UAB has the potential to blow this team out with LSU's depleted bench in the 2nd Half.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Extra Point

Quote from: hogstorm on March 17, 2005, 09:25:10 pm
lsu can barely get across halfcourt
No doubt...what is up with them, namely Tack Minor?

Best stat of the game will be the higher number b/n UAB airballs and LSU turnovers!

3kgthog

Wow. Illinois leading FDU by 1 pt at halftime.   :o It'll be a murdering in the 2nd half I bet. 

hogstorm

YodaHog

UAB is beating them so badly CBS is breaking away...........and its just the first half.

3kgthog

Conference loyalty is overrated.  Come on UAB. Spank those kitties.

Lando Calrissian

LSU's guards are awful.

What the hell was I thinking when I picked them.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

WindyCityHog

Being up here, of course the Illinois-Fairly Ridiculous game is being shown....I thought it was going to be a blowout...There are alot of nervous Illini fans right now....35-31 Illinois now.

Hogstradamus

I don't care if LSU is in the SEC.  I could never bring myself to root for John Brady.  Don't you just love to watch the brand of basketball that UAB plays?  It seems very familiar for some reason.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."  -- Lou Holtz

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games." -- Paul Bear Bryant

hogstorm

Quote from: Hogstradamus on March 17, 2005, 09:55:04 pm
I don't care if LSU is in the SEC. I could never bring myself to root for John Brady. Don't you just love to watch the brand of basketball that UAB plays? It seems very familiar for some reason.
amen to that.  i hate john brady.  and.... could you imagine ronnie brewer in a system like uab's?  in fact our whole team would be much better in a system like that.  what makes uab so good at what they do?  they have good athletes...  and thats what we have.  good athletes who arent good basketball players.....but again that reflects back toward our current coach

Fatty McGee

Quote from: hogstorm on March 17, 2005, 10:03:46 pm
I don't care if LSU is in the SEC. I could never bring myself to root for John Brady. Don't you just love to watch the brand of basketball that UAB plays? It seems very familiar for some reason.
amen to that. i hate john brady. and.... could you imagine ronnie brewer in a system like uab's? in fact our whole team would be much better in a system like that. what makes uab so good at what they do? they have good athletes... and thats what we have. good athletes who arent good basketball players.....but again that reflects back toward our current coach

Considering the "system" that UAB is running under Anderson hasn't gotten them as far as Heath's system took Kent State, perhaps we shouldn't get too excited about it.

And before you start to compare that system to our National Champ and Runner up team, be aware that you are wrong.  Those teams didn't press that much and were very, very good in the halfcourt offense.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 17, 2005, 10:06:24 pm
amen to that. i hate john brady. and.... could you imagine ronnie brewer in a system like uab's? in fact our whole team would be much better in a system like that. what makes uab so good at what they do? they have good athletes... and thats what we have. good athletes who arent good basketball players.....but again that reflects back toward our current coach

Considering the "system" that UAB is running under Anderson hasn't gotten them as far as Heath's system took Kent State, perhaps we shouldn't get too excited about it.

And before you start to compare that system to our National Champ and Runner up team, be aware that you are wrong.  Those teams didn't press that much and were very, very good in the halfcourt offense.

yeah you're right, mike A bites...... ::)

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 17, 2005, 10:11:30 pm

yeah you're right, mike A bites...... ::)

Didn't say he bites.  Read closer.

hogstorm

And before you start to compare that system to our National Champ and Runner up team, be aware that you are wrong. Those teams didn't press that much and were very, very good in the halfcourt offense.

heaths system at kent state?  oh yeah you must mean the one that didnt work, then he did what the senior players on that team wanted to do... yeah yeah that system was great.  if he would only listen to his current players like that

Fatty McGee

Quote from: hogstorm on March 17, 2005, 10:15:06 pm

And before you start to compare that system to our National Champ and Runner up team, be aware that you are wrong. Those teams didn't press that much and were very, very good in the halfcourt offense.

heaths system at kent state? oh yeah you must mean the one that didnt work, then he did what the senior players on that team wanted to do... yeah yeah that system was great. if he would only listen to his current players like that

Yeah, he just sat back and let them do whatever they wanted.  After all, they had been to the Final 8 the year before, hadn't they?

hogstorm

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 17, 2005, 10:17:32 pm

heaths system at kent state? oh yeah you must mean the one that didnt work, then he did what the senior players on that team wanted to do... yeah yeah that system was great. if he would only listen to his current players like that

Yeah, he just sat back and let them do whatever they wanted. After all, they had been to the Final 8 the year before, hadn't they?
i love heaths system .. you know the one with 10 minute scoring droughts, inability to score against the zone, lack of intensity, lack of focus, lack of everything.  i cant wait till next year!  maybe we can extend that to a whole half of no scoring!

hogstorm

we can definately do better next year... maybe we can decide not to accept a ncaa tournament invitation because he thinks he might lose!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: hogstorm on March 17, 2005, 10:20:00 pm
Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 17, 2005, 10:17:32 pm

Yeah, he just sat back and let them do whatever they wanted. After all, they had been to the Final 8 the year before, hadn't they?
i love heaths system .. you know the one with 10 minute scoring droughts, inability to score against the zone, lack of intensity, lack of focus, lack of everything. i cant wait till next year! maybe we can extend that to a whole half of no scoring!

Funny, they said some of the same things about Nolan's system in his early years.  We probably should have gotten rid of him.  Or maybe he should've taken Frank's advice about calling Bobby Knight.  We'd have been much, much more successful.

PT man

Where did  the UAB game go?  I don't want to watch TX_Tech and UCLA

Hogstradamus

It's certainly a more exciting system to watch than what we run.  Last years team and probably this years team too would have been better fit for an uptempo style of play.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."  -- Lou Holtz

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games." -- Paul Bear Bryant

hogstorm

Quote from: PT man on March 17, 2005, 10:23:00 pm
Where did the UAB game go? I don't want to watch TX_Tech and UCLA

well with uab up 59-34 i doubt we'll see them again

YodaHog

UAB is up 25 points..........that is incredible...............12 minutes left to play.

V B Porkers

SEC is weak and how bad does this make our Hogs look?

riccoar

Not bad.  Every comment I've heard about the SEC today has acknowledged that the conference was down this year.

riccoar

Game Over!  UAB  82  LSU  68

That puts me at 15-1 for the day!