Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's Alabama's problem?

Started by HighOnHogs, March 17, 2005, 12:27:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HighOnHogs

I just saw the halftime score from work.  Damn

bknight33

The problem is that they are not handling the defensive pressure like we thought they would.  Also, judging by the 45 points that UWM scored in the first half, I would say that Bama was not ready to play.

Hogghead

Quote from: DrMongoose on March 17, 2005, 12:39:04 pm
Quote from: HighOnHogs on March 17, 2005, 12:27:19 pm
I just saw the halftime score from work. Damn

their problem is Mike Gottfried is the new Dana Kirk.

God don't say Dana Kirk has a mentor in Gottfried. He'll be selling soda's at his summeer games making a profit like Kirk use to do. Dana thought he was untouchable in Memphis they ended up firing him and sending him to jail.

WindyCityHog

Turnovers:  Alabama 17
                 UW-Mil    5

....and UWM was lighting it up with 3s in the first half. 

ReturnToDynasty?

First game of the tourney an upset; 12 over 5.

Prelude of things to come I hope!

Upset City baby!!!

Pragmatic PiG

V B Porkers

WindyCityHog

Quote from: V B Porkers on March 17, 2005, 01:17:27 pm
SEC is not very good this year

Kentucky is getting all they can handle from 15 seed Eastern Kentucky......

sooie dog

V B Porkers

That is why I have problems with our Hogs, I don't know if we have reached bottom or not.

SonOfMud

The same problem the Tide has every year.  Also the same problem Florida seems to have every year.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

WindyCityHog

Alabama....Good Lord.....Bracket-buster for me....I had 'em going to the Sweet 16.....I shouldn't have taken a drink of that SEC-Koolaid before making my picks...

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 17, 2005, 01:30:30 pm
Alabama....Good Lord.....Bracket-buster for me....I had 'em going to the Sweet 16.....I shouldn't have taken a drink of that SEC-Koolaid before making my picks...

where do you have lsu? if you have them in the sweet 16 then i'd say you've had more than you fair share of sec-kool aid......

Bama's loss would hurt many brackets, not just us sec homers  ;D

HogInMemphis

SEC not too good this year and SEC West even worse that overall SEC. I know 3 teams from the West went vs. 2 from the East, but the 2 from the East are vastly better than any of the 3 West teams.

WindyCityHog

I have UAB beating LSU...and I'm feeling better about it already...

Swino

Nothing is wrong with Bama, they were seeded WAY too high.  But hey, at least they are in the freaking tourny.

sooie dog

Quote from: Swino on March 17, 2005, 01:37:27 pm
Nothing is wrong with Bama, they were seeded WAY too high. But hey, at least they are in the freaking tourny.

Not now

Jim Harris

which makes it doubly sucky that Stan Heath was only able to manage a 6-10 season in the league.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Tammany Tom

Quote from: SonOfMud on March 17, 2005, 01:29:50 pm
The same problem the Tide has every year.  Also the same problem Florida seems to have every year.

Didn't the Tide make it to the Elite 8 last year?

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 17, 2005, 01:35:40 pm
I have UAB beating LSU...and I'm feeling better about it already...

Ain't going to happen. Yes, I'm prejudiced, but LSU wins big over UAB tonight.

artyhog

ALA came out lazy.  Too many  unforced turnovers.  UW-M wanted it more.

LSU should handle UAB.  If they can slow dow the outside shots.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: drakehog on March 17, 2005, 01:45:43 pm

which makes it doubly sucky that Stan Heath was only able to manage a 6-10 season in the league.

Good point Drake......Did the Hogs "improve" that much, or is it more indicative of a weak conference?  Alabama won the West....and got whipped by mighty Wisconsin-Milwaukee, known more for Richie Cunningham being a student there than as a basketball school.... :-[

HighOnHogs

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 17, 2005, 02:20:09 pmand got whipped by mighty Wisconsin-Milwaukee, known more for Richie Cunningham being a student there than as a basketball school.... :-[

Fonzie must have snapped his fingers. 

Oh well, so much for my bracket. I had bama in the final four.  I've got SEC issues.

Kevin

sec b-ball this your is awful.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

that was meant to be this year
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: DrMongoose on March 17, 2005, 12:39:04 pm

their problem is Mike Gottfried is the new Dana Kirk.

MARK Gottfried was an assistant under Harrick when UCLA beat the Hogs in the championship game.  He became the head coach at Murray State, where a friend of mine is on the trainer staff.  He found out my friend was a Hog fan and rode him hard about the national championship game.   Went so far as to say that Corliss was overrated.

Never liked him since.
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

Hogghead

Call it what you want too! Pairity or down year for the SEC. All I know is Wyoming, Maine, Troy St., The Citidale, UAB, Southern Miss, UCF and a few others continue to show us that the SEC aint what everyone thinks it is. UAB beat LSU in Football at home about 3 years ago! Now it's the UWM Bus Driving School of the Arts beating up on Bama! 40 minutes of Hell Mike Anderson style just sent LSU home like they did Kentucky last year. To think he was at Arkansas for all those years and we had to get rid of everything that looked like Nolan. We got rid of the w's in the win colomn also. Always good to see a Ex-Hog do well, Go UAB! Frank Broyles has blew this one out of his @$$!!!!! Get to Stepping Stan!   

sooie dog

Quote from: HoopHog on March 18, 2005, 01:51:14 pm
Quote from: Hogghead on March 18, 2005, 01:30:28 pm

Call it what you want too! Pairity or down year for the SEC. All I know is Wyoming, Maine, Troy St., The Citidale, UAB, Southern Miss, UCF and a few others continue to show us that the SEC aint what everyone thinks it is. UAB beat LSU in Football at home about 3 years ago! Now it's the UWM Bus Driving School of the Arts beating up on Bama! 40 minutes of Hell Mike Anderson style just sent LSU home like they did Kentucky last year. To think he was at Arkansas for all those years and we had to get rid of everything that looked like Nolan. We got rid of the w's in the win colomn also. Always good to see a Ex-Hog do well, Go UAB! Frank Broyles has blew this one out of his @$$!!!!! Get to Stepping Stan!

Jeez! Does every frickin thread on this board need to get back to this pointless argument. It's over, done and tired already.

Maybe when Heath is gone we can talk about something else.  Until then what can we talk about.  It's not like we are going to be in the post season with him as coach.  Have you not figured this out yet?

Hogghead

Quote from: HoopHog on March 18, 2005, 02:06:58 pm
Quote from: sooie dog on March 18, 2005, 01:54:29 pm
Quote from: HoopHog on March 18, 2005, 01:51:14 pm
Quote from: Hogghead on March 18, 2005, 01:30:28 pm

Jeez! Does every frickin thread on this board need to get back to this pointless argument. It's over, done and tired already.

Maybe when Heath is gone we can talk about something else. Until then what can we talk about. It's not like we are going to be in the post season with him as coach. Have you not figured this out yet?

What the hell???  and Mike Anderson is not going to become our coach either, so why do people keep humpin over the fact that he ISN'T our coach...neither is Bill Self or Quinn Snyder.  What the frick can we do about it now?  What is left to figure out, Soooie?

AND...how does this relate to the original thread posted to the board? Again, why does EVERY thread have to be steered to this beaten horse of a topic (i.e. Mike Anderson)?

We like to beat dead horses, Don't join in if you don't like to beat dead horses. Go sit quietly with Nolan.

sooie dog

I've got a feeling I'm going to beating this sucker until he is completely decomposed.