Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Jones showed restraint in his interview

Started by carhog, March 15, 2005, 05:13:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

carhog

He could have lit into Heath after what happend on senior night.  I am not talking about not playing much or not starting.  Before the game Heath confronted Mikes parents and had an altercation with them because he said he heard they were not happy with Mikes PT.  Mike showed more restraint and control then our coach did.

tophawg19

mike showed class & courage unlike others SR's always start on S.R. nite . however you could read between the lines and get a different opinon . he didn't sound happy but then who the hell is .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Fatty McGee

Mike's parents weren't happy with the PT he was getting under Nolan, either. 

Mike's only problem was Mike.  He was never going to be a star in D-1 because he couldn't dribble well enough for someone who wanted to play outside.  If you're 6'9" and want to shoot 3 pointers, you better be Anfernee Hardaway.  Otherwise, you're going to have to do some rebounding. 

I'm sure he's a great kid, but he wasn't much good in the paint. And before you say it, yes I'm aware he could probably beat me in a game.  But I'm not starting for a D-1 team, so that doesn't matter much.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

OKhogfan1959

He can dribble as good as Olu...He can sure shoot better than him to..I think Mike got a raw deal from Coach Heath...JMO...

Did you see SH confront Mikes parents? Where did you get this info?

tophawg19

fATTY idon't think it was you he needed to beat . although it sometimes looked like the whole team was playing one on one .part of the time against each other .Matbe time will heal the hurt till it starts again next year . Whats the deal about TENN. looking at BOBBY KNIGHT anyone .

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on March 15, 2005, 09:59:09 pm
He can dribble as good as Olu...He can sure shoot better than him to..I think Mike got a raw deal from Coach Heath...JMO...

say want you want about olu, he has been unimpressive to me based on expectations but he would still get minutes for me over jones because he can play some D and he rebounds much better than jones

tophawg19

he may need more consistancy  around him to develop . good coaching would help .make him attack the basket .he has shown no willingness to make contact maybe the injury still bothers him mentally . it was his first time to really get hurt .

Hogstradamus

We really need Olu to have a breakout year next year.  He has a ton of talent, but I don't think he's played up to half of his true potential.  He's very athletic and he's not using that to his advantage by shooting jump shots all day.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."  -- Lou Holtz

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games." -- Paul Bear Bryant