Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU & UAB, First Round

Started by HighOnHogs, March 14, 2005, 02:08:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HighOnHogs

Salami Swammi

March 14, 2005, 02:12:25 pm #1 Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 02:19:37 pm by Salami Swammi
The Swammi wil be in Boise.....Looking forward to the blue carpet as well as "40 minutes of hell", Mike Anderson style.........Hope we represent the SEC West well....Geaux Tigers.......

Macgyver_Hawg

Salami Swammi

How do you think the Tigers wil fare against Mike Anderson's pressure?????

sooie dog

March 14, 2005, 02:33:22 pm #4 Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 02:35:11 pm by sooie dog
Quote from: Salami Swammi on March 14, 2005, 02:30:15 pm

I don't think UAB is as good as they were last year. However, I would be a little concerened with your lack of depth.  I would normally pull for LSU but I really like Mike Anderson so it's a toss up.  Expect LSU to pull it out.

3kgthog

I hope you represent the SEC poorly and lose. I hate LSU almost as much as Texas. Screw that conference loyalty b.s. If it isn't the Hogs representing the SEC then I hope everyone else loses.

Salami Swammi

I'm sorry to offend you with the loyalty issue, but you are apparently unable to give an open-minded view....I hope that Heath is giving a fair chance..... Those 3 losses at home by a total of 6 points to quality SEC competition, cost him an NCAA bid and a lot of headache among the HOG faithful......Good luck in the future....

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Salami Swammi on March 14, 2005, 02:44:45 pmThose 3 losses at home by a total of 6 points to quality SEC competition, cost him an NCAA bid and a lot of headache among the HOG faithful......Good luck in the future....

Actually it was the last two losses that lost my faith.  I was hanging in there pretty good till the end.  Auburn and Tenn   :-\

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: Salami Swammi on March 14, 2005, 02:44:45 pm
I'm sorry to offend you with the loyalty issue, but you are apparently unable to give an open-minded view....I hope that Heath is giving a fair chance..... Those 3 losses at home by a total of 6 points to quality SEC competition, cost him an NCAA bid and a lot of headache among the HOG faithful......Good luck in the future....

Losing bad to Miss State, South Carolina, Auburn and then Tennessee didn't help with our NCAA bid either.

I think LSU is playing pretty good basketball right now and the SEC tourney will have helped their confidence.  UAB isn't as strong as last year but if they can somehow come out shooting well they'll give LSU fits.  I really don't know what to expect.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Salami Swammi on March 14, 2005, 02:30:15 pm

if tack minor can stay in control, lsu could be alright. need to break that pressure, then it will be easy hoops to bass and davis, UAB cannot match with them

however, i question tack a lot, he reminds me of Eric ferguson with his decision making sometime. Whipple will have to contribute as well, i think thats the backup PG.
I am leaning towards UAB but i think that is a function of my dislike of brady and lsu rather than tangible support for why UAB will win.....

Salami Swammi

Pragmatic,    I agree.. As goes Tack, so do the Tigers...........Handling the pressure and giving it up with numbers on the other end of the court should give Bass and Davis a lot of good looks..... Get over Brady.....With next year's class coming in with Tasmin Mitchell joining an already impressive backline, could mean many more years of heartache for the SEC West...I'm sorry........

cmakrzrbak

Did you guys see how well UAB played against Louisville every time they played?  UAB plays up to their competition, just like the Hogs. I expect them to give LSU fits, and win by a decent margin.  I was pumped to see that they made it.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on March 14, 2005, 03:23:42 pm
Did you guys see how well UAB played against Louisville every time they played?  UAB plays up to their competition, just like the Hogs.

i agree with this. The UK/UAB game in the 2nd round of the dance last season supports it, UAB played an amazing game......

i would amend the bolded part though to "just like the hogs used to"..... :'(

Salami Swammi

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Salami Swammi on March 14, 2005, 03:22:13 pm
Pragmatic,    I agree.. As goes Tack, so do the Tigers...........Handling the pressure and giving it up with numbers on the other end of the court should give Bass and Davis a lot of good looks..... Get over Brady.....With next year's class coming in with Tasmin Mitchell joining an already impressive backline, could mean many more years of heartache for the SEC West...I'm sorry........

i don't worry about brady at all. Bass will go pro and brady will prolly scare off a player or 2 he shouldn't. hell his job was being questioned on the daily after  lack luster OOC results and it will be again.

however in this tournament i think lsu is capable of making some sweet 16 noise. when you have 2 big time post players and some outside shooting with hudson and mitchell among others,  making waves is possible.

I would consider the tigers chances better than slim to none man, i still may take them in the majority of my brackets..

Anti-OtisII

This is a game that I'm having a hard time picking the winner in my bracket.  If LSU can control the pace of the game and have their big men control the paint, I think LSU will win.  On the other hand, if UAB can turn this into a full court game, LSU may not have the experience and players on the bench to go deep enough without their big guys getting tired in the 2nd half.  I hope that LSU can help the SEC look good, but I won't be disappointed if Anderson and UAB make it to the 2nd round (BTW, Brady is a-hole).

Salami Swammi

Brady was being reevaluated during the season, but as you know, the bottom line is winning..... His job is safe now...Check out his class coming in... Quite impressive.....By far the best in the West.....I'm afraid......... Brady has weathered the storm.. Has Heath??????????

Fletch

Scout has Miss. St. and Alabama ranked ahead of LSU in the west for next years recruiting class. LSU has great class but " by far the best in the west" might be a bit of an overstatement.
I feel like $100

Salami Swammi

March 14, 2005, 04:58:32 pm #18 Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 05:00:33 pm by Salami Swammi
All of Brady's are qualified...Some of there's are JC bound......Tasmin Mitchell projected THE impact freshman next year....5A player of the year since, get this, the 9th. grade....Very scary......The Swammi has seen him play many times in high school...Believe me, better than Davis or Bass coming out of high school.....

Tammany Tom

I expect them to give LSU fits, and win by a decent margin. I was pumped to see that they made it.

History lesson........ 2003-2004 season: UAB had better team last year than this year, LSU had worse team last year than this year
Result...........LSU 78 UAB 62 on neutral court.

LSU can successfully play against this type of team and win.

Quote from: Fletch on March 14, 2005, 04:47:37 pm
Scout has Miss. St. and Alabama ranked ahead of LSU in the west for next years recruiting class. LSU has great class but " by far the best in the west" might be a bit of an overstatement.

LSU may not have the "best class" in the west, but we have the "best player" coming in next year in Tasmin Mitchell, as Salami said in a previous post. With the addition of Mitchell to a team that has a front court of Bass and Davis, LSU will be very, very good next year.

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 14, 2005, 04:16:10 pm
i don't worry about brady at all. Bass will go pro and brady will prolly scare off a player or 2 he shouldn't. hell his job was being questioned on the daily after  lack luster OOC results and it will be again.

however in this tournament i think lsu is capable of making some sweet 16 noise. when you have 2 big time post players and some outside shooting with hudson and mitchell among others,  making waves is possible.

I would consider the tigers chances better than slim to none man, i still may take them in the majority of my brackets..

Thanks for the love, we appreciate it. Bass will probably not go pro this year. It is not in his best interest to do so and the word on the street is that he probably won't. There are too many players at his position rated above him at the small forward spot and it would benefit him greatly to wait one more year before going pro.

Tack will be vital in this game and his play will dictate LSU's success against UAB. However, Brady has pulled the plug on him quickly when he has gotten a little out of control and inserted Whipple with good results late in the season. Tack has matured quite a bit this season and is contributing very well. I think Tack will play a very good game against UAB and LSU should win comfortably with the talent in our front-line.

Salami Swammi

The Swammi enjoys this board...i find their fans passionate about their hoops...Very knowlegdable group.....I feel for the Hogsters...The crap they are going through with Heath reminds me of the days or was it years prior to the Daddy Dale departure.......Great info on the Tazman.........

Fletch

Don't shoot the messenger but Scout has top player in the nation going to Georgia and #3 going to MSU. I haven't checked too many other recruiting services but I wonder where you LSU fans get all the "ours is #1 info"
I feel like $100

Salami Swammi

March 14, 2005, 05:35:03 pm #22 Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 05:37:42 pm by Salami Swammi
I guess we will both see next year.......That is those that are eligible to compete as freshman.....Rivals takes that fact into consideration, Scout does not......

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Tammany Tom on March 14, 2005, 05:15:22 pm
I expect them to give LSU fits, and win by a decent margin. I was pumped to see that they made it.

History lesson........ 2003-2004 season: UAB had better team last year than this year, LSU had worse team last year than this year

Quote from: Fletch on March 14, 2005, 04:47:37 pm

LSU may not have the "best class" in the west, but we have the "best player" coming in next year in Tasmin Mitchell, as Salami said in a previous post. With the addition of Mitchell to a team that has a front court of Bass and Davis, LSU will be very, very good next year.

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 14, 2005, 04:16:10 pm

Thanks for the love, we appreciate it. Bass will probably not go pro this year. It is not in his best interest to do so and the word on the street is that he probably won't. There are too many players at his position rated above him at the small forward spot and it would benefit him greatly to wait one more year before going pro.

Tack will be vital in this game and his play will dictate LSU's success against UAB. However, Brady has pulled the plug on him quickly when he has gotten a little out of control and inserted Whipple with good results late in the season. Tack has matured quite a bit this season and is contributing very well. I think Tack will play a very good game against UAB and LSU should win comfortably with the talent in our front-line.

Brady will need both whipple and tack to contribute in this one. He won't have enough flexibility in his roster to pull the plug as you say on minor vs UAB if he starts rough. The constant UAB pressure can wear an opposition out, especially their primary ball handlers..

BTW, i'd wait to see what kind of tournament Bass has before i proclaim him a mainstay on the roster for next season. tough to turn down big bills when they are getting waved in your face  ;)

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Fletch on March 14, 2005, 05:28:05 pm
Don't shoot the messenger but Scout has top player in the nation going to Georgia and #3 going to MSU. I haven't checked too many other recruiting services but I wonder where you LSU fans get all the "ours is #1 info"

Taz is number one, because we're very biased towards the hometown player. Tas is very, very special and will be a great addition to our team next year. We realize that there are two players that signed with other SEC schools ranked higher than Taz,  but we have a little right to be partial to our hometown kid.

I will say this, the Baton Rouge area sure has produced some very special players the last 3 years in Brandon Bass, Glen Davis, and Tasmin Mitchell. It's nice to have such highly rated players in your backyard to chose from.

Salami Swammi

That AAU team 3 years ago had Bass, Davis and MItchell on the same back line.....A Sr. Jr. and Soph. in high school respectively.... Quite a convienient recruiting trip for Brady, back then... I wonder if he thought this would have happened.......

Jim Harris

Quote from: Tammany Tom on March 14, 2005, 05:39:02 pm
Quote from: Fletch on March 14, 2005, 05:28:05 pm

Taz is number one, because we're very biased towards the hometown player. Tas is very, very special and will be a great addition to our team next year. We realize that there are two players that signed with other SEC schools ranked higher than Taz, but we have a little right to be partial to our hometown kid.

I will say this, the Baton Rouge area sure has produced some very special players the last 3 years in Brandon Bass, Glen Davis, and Tasmin Mitchell. It's nice to have such highly rated players in your backyard to chose from.

it's pretty amazing that the same high school in Baton Rouge produced the SEC men's and women's players of the year in the same season. Wudder da odds?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 14, 2005, 05:37:45 pm
Brady will need both whipple and tack to contribute in this one. He won't have enough flexibility in his roster to pull the plug as you say on minor vs UAB if he starts rough. The constant UAB pressure can wear an opposition out, especially their primary ball handlers..

BTW, i'd wait to see what kind of tournament Bass has before i proclaim him a mainstay on the roster for next season. tough to turn down big bills when they are getting waved in your face ;)

Agreed that both Tack and Whipple will have to contribute. I just think that Tack matches up well with the type of game that UAB plays and will play well.

No way of ever knowing if a player like Bass will stay or go, but I think he stays because there are too many players rated above him on most draft boards.

Aleksandrov from Serbia, Gerald Green a high school player from Texas, Joey Graham, Hakim Warrick, Charlie Villanueva, and Wayne Simien are all rated above Bass at his position. If you can't get drafted high enough, why go pro after your soph season?

Salami Swammi

Capitol high school ex graduates as Parade High School All Americans as well as this years SEC Players of the Year...Quite an honor.......

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Tammany Tom on March 14, 2005, 05:15:22 pm

Looks like you struck out on that one kitty kat, but thanks for the lesson.......:)

HighOnHogs

Wow, who coaches UAB and can we get him here?   ;D

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 17, 2005, 10:27:44 pm
Looks like you struck out on that one kitty kat, but thanks for the lesson.......:)

I don't mind coming back here and admitting that I was wrong about my team. What can I say? They sucked.

They were not prepared to play the game. They were completely out-coached, out-played, and were completely dominated in every facet of the game. It was an extremely poorly coached game by Brady and he allowed our players to play right into UAB's strengths.

It has been obvious all year long that the SEC was a very poor basketball conference this year and with LSU's and Bama's showings yesterday, it became even more obvious. The SEC, as a whole, sucked this year as bad as LSU and Bama did yesterday.

tophawg19

welcome to our world .we've been kicked &beaten like a red headed step child . next year looks just as good .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Flatfoot

Boy I sure do wish we would have hired Mike Anderson instead of cowardly Heath.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

tophawg19

got mike ; hell no . we got frank & white kinda like pork & beans not worth a crap by theirselves or alone . our chance at mike is gone
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Tammany Tom on March 18, 2005, 07:14:49 amIt has been obvious all year long that the SEC was a very poor basketball conference this year and with LSU's and Bama's showings yesterday, it became even more obvious. The SEC, as a whole, sucked this year as bad as LSU and Bama did yesterday.

The west for sure!  The east still has a chance to prove themselves.

Biggus Piggus

If Heath had employed Mike's/Nolan's style this season, the Hogs would have destroyed LSU twice and easily gone to the NCAAT.  This is disgusting to think about.
[CENSORED]!