Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Staff Diversity

Started by Razor6, November 22, 2007, 12:16:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razor6

November 22, 2007, 12:16:55 am Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 12:24:05 am by Razor6
It is only the first year, but hopefully the trend will continue!

The leadership, accountability, and (factor in) the diversity of this basketball staff appears to be reaping its' rewards.  Coach Pel has just demonstrated that he can go into other states and pull their star players to Arkansas.

Can he continue to do this year in and out? I sure think and hope so.

Can he convince star players to stay IN Arkansas? I sure think and hope so.

Pel omits a basketball radiance that is appealing to both fans and players.  Add in his experience and his staffs DIVERSE experience and you have a powerful Arkansas future!

Can Pel refrain from fizzling out after a 10 year tenure? I sure think and hope so.

Keeping it from being "the good ole boy" style, Pel is strictly business... Let's get this show on the road.

Thanks in advance Coach Pel.

-R6
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

dmac4sainthood

I hope you are right, and I think he will do a good job...but I will take a wait and see approach before giving a full evaluation.

Good job so far Pel!

coach, my back hurts

I like Pel.  I think we have better players on the way than what we have right now.

Fortson, Bevy, Rotnei Clarke, and Welsh at the 1 or 2.
Rake, Patsa, Washington, maybe another recruit at the 3.
Sanchez, Moore, Clark at the 4.
Dont know if we'll ever have a "true center" in Pel's system.

The only thing this yrs team has over next yrs team is experience.  And that experience will be gained by the time the true Fr get to conf.

PorkSoda

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on November 22, 2007, 01:19:32 am
I like Pel.  I think we have better players on the way than what we have right now.

The only thing this yrs team has over next yrs team is experience.  And that experience will be gained by the time the true Fr get to conf.
Isn't washington a little big @ 6'10" to play the small forward?  I think he will be our center next year.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: PowderHawg on November 22, 2007, 11:51:11 am
Quote from: coach, my back hurts on November 22, 2007, 01:19:32 am

Isn't washington a little big @ 6'10" to play the small forward?  I think he will be our center next year.
Since we are talking about next year already, I would expect to see the starting lineup look something like this.

G - Fortson
G - Bev
G - Clarke
F - Payne (hopefully we can sign him in the late signing period)
F - Washington

I know that is a pretty small lineup, but I think those will be our best 5 players and we will always have plenty of size to sub in with Sanchez, Moore, and Clark.

mbgrulz

i think it will be like this:

Big:                     
1. Fortson 6'
2. Bev 6'1"
3. Payne 6'7"
4. Moore 6'9"
5. Washington 6'10"

Quick:
1. Fortson
2. bev
3. welsh/clarke
4. payne
5. washington

The_Bionic_Pig

Moore & Clarke are going to be stealing a lot of PT so I wouldn't count one or both of them as not starting next season.  Even though they are 6'9/6'10 Both are skywalkers which means they jump and stay up to provide some of the most spectacular dunks you will ever see at Bud Walton.  This will easily be the most athletic roster in UA school history. 

Let me put it this way Patsa & Clarke will be the only two not putting on showtime dunks.... not because they can't but they will rely on their shooting touch.   (Notice I didn't include Britt or Joyner in any scenario)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

mbgrulz

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 22, 2007, 07:26:28 pm
Moore & Clarke are going to be stealing a lot of PT so I wouldn't count one or both of them as not starting next season.  Even though they are 6'9/6'10 Both are skywalkers which means they jump and stay up to provide some of the most spectacular dunks you will ever see at Bud Walton.  This will easily be the most athletic roster in UA school history. 

Let me put it this way Patsa & Clarke will be the only two not putting on showtime dunks.... not because they can't but they will rely on their shooting touch.   (Notice I didn't include Britt or Joyner in any scenario)
we think exactly alike stewie.

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?