Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

James Anderson -vs- Anthony Randolph on ESPN 2 (LSU -vs- OSU)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 19, 2007, 04:08:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

November 19, 2007, 04:08:58 pm Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 04:12:36 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Some former Arkansas residents that got away...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Beaverfever

Anderson currently putting on a show.  Wow this kid is good. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 19, 2007, 04:33:29 pm

Anthony Randolph was a 5 STAR elite prospect...doesn't look it one bit.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

bgsisco

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 19, 2007, 04:39:50 pm

I opened a checking account for him last year in NLR and he looks about 6'11 and 160lbs.  Nice kid though.

Beaverfever

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 19, 2007, 04:39:50 pm

Yeah Randolph is a ways away, Anderson on the other hand is just on a different level than all those other guys.  I'm sorry, we have some good players and all but watching JA gives you a little perspective.  Thats what a big time bball player looks like.

Hogtropolis™

BigSexyHog

Coach Mike Gundy would be pround.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

jschulte

Lsu looked awful first half, they actually look like a solid team the second.  I don't think they will win, but they are giving osu a run for their money.

Beaverfever

Quote from: jschulte on November 19, 2007, 06:09:47 pm
Lsu looked awful first half, they actually look like a solid team the second.  I don't think they will win, but they are giving osu a run for their money.
Chris Johnson and that other new guard they have are for real.  They will be players in the west this year.

kcstar

I saw James A play in High School and said then that he was the best high school player from Arkansas since Corliss.  I know Joe Johnson and Ronnie Brewer came along also, but Anderson is just excellent.

The Hogs never had ANY chance of recruiting him.  His high school coach delivered him to his longtime good friend, James Dickey, the OSU assistant.

We should wish him great success and be proud that another Arkansan makes the NBA which I believe he will shortly.

The_Iceman

philobeddoe

Quote from: kcstar on November 19, 2007, 07:30:37 pm
I saw James A play in High School and said then that he was the best high school player from Arkansas since Corliss.  I know Joe Johnson and Ronnie Brewer came along also, but Anderson is just excellent.

The Hogs never had ANY chance of recruiting him.  His high school coach delivered him to his longtime good friend, James Dickey, the OSU assistant.

We should wish him great success and be proud that another Arkansan makes the NBA which I believe he will shortly.

While I agree that we never had a real chance to get James, you are wrong about Dickey being a long time friend of Joe Paul Hammett (Anderson's high school coach).  Hammett is my neighbor and I have known him all of my life.  James made his own decision.  I do wish he would have pushed James toward Arkansas, but Hammett was very neutral in the recruiting process.

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: DonewithNuttless on November 20, 2007, 12:30:40 am
Thanks Stan Heath for letting that one go.

Had nothing to do with SH... might as well blame Tyrone Willingham... you thank a booster who wouldn't leave him alone and his HS HC...