Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When will the new top 25 basketball poll be released?

Started by Modsquad24, November 19, 2007, 09:56:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

after we lost to Providence I was sure we were gonna fallout of the polls, but then by rebounding beating VCU by 10 to get to 3-1, along with the fact like 5 top 25 teams lost this week, I think we stay in the 22-25 range. I think the only thing that could hurt us is it being early in the season with unbeaten teams on the outside, but how many of them have played 4 games already? GHG!

Up Next: Delaware St. at Arkansas (3-1), Saturday, Nov.24th

Jakebo14

USA Today poll just came out a little bit ago. We dropped out of the top 25 along with 3 others (Arizona, Stanford and NC State). We're at 28th now, just 13 votes behind the 25th ranked team, so as long as we play better than we did against Providence and don't turn the ball over 32 times, we should be back in the top 25 in no time.

HogsGoneWild

Davidson moved into the top 25 at 1-1 after losing by alittle to number 1 UNC.

MDH

Quote from: HogsGoneWild on November 19, 2007, 12:51:52 pm

They deserved it.  They played one heck of a game.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Hawgballz

Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on November 19, 2007, 12:52:28 pm
Quote from: HogsGoneWild on November 19, 2007, 12:51:52 pm

stephen curry is a stud... just sayin'

Agree, I hated to hear that he tore ligaments in his non-shooting wrist.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

jschulte

We are also 27th in the AP poll.  Doesn't the AP matter more (although neither of them matter in the long run)?

Hogtropolis™

Davidson is the only team with a loss in the top 25 in either the USA or AP polls, and they are 25th.  We played in one of the earliest tourney's of the year.  After some of these other top 25 teams lose 1 or 2 games, we will be back in easily as long as we take care of business.

razorhead69

We didn't deserve to be ranked anyway. Lets hope we are ranked in March.

Modsquad24

well Florida sure as heck didnt deserve that #24 ranking, yeah they are 5-0 but have beaten absolutely noone did a Heath early years cupcake schedule, but yet Dicky V aint busting them out. I mean they did beat Rutgers in Florida, which is like a big deal cuz they suck and Florida leaves the friendly confines of Gainesville 1 stinking time the whole non conference, oh well just pretty chicken**** if you ask me, GHG!

Dr Swineglove

Polls this time of the year are just for us fans - IMO, polls do not  mean much untill the conference season begins.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on November 21, 2007, 10:23:28 am
Polls this time of the year are just for us fans - IMO, polls do not  mean much untill the conference season begins.
In college basketball, polls never mean anything at any point in the season.  The only thing that really matters is your RPI.