Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heard Georgia Head Coach M. Richt

Started by hogman64, August 19, 2007, 05:55:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogman64

being interviewed on Sporting News Radio today.......Part of the interview centered on how he handled his freshman QB, Mathew Stafford, last year.  Never, ever , ever would he have benched Stafford after starting 7 winning games and basically not let him see the field again for 4 games.  Hearing a Coach like Richt just reminds me of how stupid, vindictive and petty  our coach is......

For those of you that want to say move on, Mustain is goine......This post is about the stupidity of Nutt not Mitch and Nutt is still here.

Rod6275

Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

TransAmHawg

Yeah but does Richt have an SEC west championship ring?

I thought not, carry on.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

porkurina

No, he wouldn't.  Georgia plays in east but he would not have that ring either.

slopinhogs

last i checked he was not on the Hog's staff and therefore should have no say or innuendo about us. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Albert Einswine

Quote from: TransAmHawg on August 19, 2007, 06:18:58 pm

I thought not, carry on.

LOL!  That's funny.  Good job!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

bfosh

I didn't hear the interview and can't say I agree with how the qb situation was handled, but also seems like Georgia knew they were out of the SEC East chase at a certain point, so it was a little easier to stick with your talented freshman and get him the experience moreso than living down by down on a title chase.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: bfosh on August 19, 2007, 06:26:09 pm
I didn't hear the interview and can't say I agree with how the qb situation was handled, but also seems like Georgia knew they were out of the SEC East chase at a certain point, so it was a little easier to stick with your talented freshman and get him the experience moreso than living down by down on a title chase.

You know what's funny about that theory?  By the time Mustain was benched he had more game experience than Casey, who replaced him.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

jmark

Quote from: hogman64 on August 19, 2007, 05:55:08 pm
being interviewed on Sporting News Radio today.......Part of the interview centered on how he handled his freshman QB, Mathew Stafford, last year.  Never, ever , ever would he have benched Stafford after starting 7 winning games and basically not let him see the field again for 4 games.  Hearing a Coach like Richt just reminds me of how stupid, vindictive and petty  our coach is......

For those of you that want to say move on, Mustain is goine......This post is about the stupidity of Nutt not Mitch and Nutt is still here.

Vindictive and petty.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

Quote from: slopinhogs on August 19, 2007, 06:23:32 pm
last i checked he was not on the Hog's staff and therefore should have no say or innuendo about us. :razorback:

I bet there is a least 5% of us who wish he was... could you imagine, we'd be unstoppable this year because he wouldn't have run off his talent but developed it instead... A NC would have almost been a given this year....

Emmet Ray

Quote from: porkurina on August 19, 2007, 06:21:10 pm
No, he wouldn't.  Georgia plays in east but he would not have that ring either.

I don't know if he ordered the rings, but he's been there 6 years and won the east 3 times.

TransAmHawg

Quote from: Albert Einswine on August 19, 2007, 06:24:07 pm

I thought not, carry on.

LOL!  That's funny.  Good job!

Thanks Albert.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

junkyardhog

I don't know if he ordered the rings, but he's been there 6 years and won the east 3 times.

But the east is week . look at vandy and kentucky ;)
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

Quote from: BRUTUS POUNDCAKE on August 19, 2007, 06:56:36 pm
Quote from: slopinhogs on August 19, 2007, 06:23:32 pm

I bet there is a least 5% of us who wish he was... could you imagine, we'd be unstoppable this year because he wouldn't have run off his talent but developed it instead... A NC would have almost been a given this year....

Hell, if Richt were here we could be talking about possible back to back NC's right about now instead of debating how big of a screw up we've got on our hands... this will be looked back at how one man single handedly broke the razorback program...

tropical soooiee

I thought not, carry on.

He could, all he would have to do is stay up late one night and order one of QVC like old Nutter did. Apparently they'll sell to anybody. I bet Richt has never seen those commercials though, he's still in the office game planning instead of trying to find something to watch while he's doing his late night textin'.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: mrp on August 19, 2007, 07:03:53 pm
Richt is a real coach.  That is the difference.

And, more importantly, appears to be a really great man!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Theolesnort

Richt has the real thing, genuine SEC rings.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Le Hogtre

Didn't Richt lose to Vandy (at home) last year?

tropical soooiee

Quote from: Theolesnort on August 19, 2007, 07:13:28 pm

Yeah, as I remember he won one of them off Nutt.

Emmet Ray

Richt also has the best winning percentage of any Georgia coach since the 1800s.

He's 4-0 against our coach lollipop.

SpareRib

I thought not, carry on.

No, But they do have an SEC championship.  (2002)  The year they beat Arkansas.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

hawgalujah

HOW THE HECK HARD IS IT TO STICK WITH A GUY THAT HASN'T LOST?

Caps intended!
Once a  :razorback:, Always a  :razorback:..Unless you're a Nutt!

bfosh

Quote from: hawgalujah on August 19, 2007, 07:27:24 pm

Caps intended!

"can't say I agree with how the qb situation was handled"

Only pointing out it was a different situation for Georgia and Arkansas.  Whether Nutt was wrong to not stick with Mitch shouldn't be compared to Georgia sticking with their freshman is all i was pointing out since that was the comparison made in in the original post.

arkbengal

Quote from: Porkaholic on August 19, 2007, 07:26:52 pm

I thought not, carry on.

Add 2005 to that list also.

RazorsEdge

August 19, 2007, 09:38:23 pm #24 Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:40:40 pm by RazorsEdge
Quote from: arkbengal on August 19, 2007, 09:31:48 pm

I thought not, carry on.

Exactly!  Two SEC Championships in 6 years and in the AP top 25 each year.  4-2 bowl record.

BILLYBOB

Mustain should have been pulled at South Carolina...that was the right decision. 
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

SpareRib

Quote from: arkbengal on August 19, 2007, 09:31:48 pm

I thought not, carry on.

Yep, you're right.  Thanks
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

granny grunt

Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 19, 2007, 09:40:46 pm
Mustain should have been pulled at South Carolina...that was the right decision. 
Should Dick have been pulled at the LSU game?   Where is your logic?

razorbackred

Coach Nutt doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence with Coach Richt.  I have a lot of friends that are Georgia fans and she speak nothing but good about him.  Maybe, just maybe we will be able to say something good about our new head coach in the near future.

hogman64

That may be so , but he should have been used at Miss St, and the LSU and Florida games.. he deserved to play in those games  based on his play in the first 9 games and based on how bad the QB in the game was playing..........

jdlew

MM called his coach a dork and wanted him fired (in a book no less)....since when is this ok....... If the qb at Ga was silly enough to do that....he may have found his way to the bench.......

hogman64

Quote from: jdlew on August 19, 2007, 10:08:28 pm
MM called his coach a dork and wanted him fired (in a book no less)....since when is this ok....... If the qb at Ga was silly enough to do that....he may have found his way to the bench.......

He wasnt his coach at the time, for starters.  For seconds, you dont think Nutt has been called alot worse than dork by players that ACTUALLY ARE  on his team?...as for wanting him fired, if that is true, that just raises my opinion of MM's intelligence.

Fatty McGee

Learn to use a calendar.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Albert Einswine

After 3 plays?    Care to appy the same logic to the LSU game?

RazorsEdge

Quote from: Fatty McGee on August 19, 2007, 10:17:01 pm

Learn to use a calendar.
That made me think of a Posse Calendar with a different Posse member on each month for the Nutt supporters.  Made me grimace, or as they say "I just threw up a little in my mouth" 

ArkieBrat

Mack Brown was impressive in the way that he handled his freshman quarterback, IMO.  I still remember MB putting his arm around McCoy after an interception and talking to him.  MB did not turn away, grimace, and make faces.  He also sent McCoy back in as quarterback.  MB stayed with him; but, of course, there is a strong coaching staff to work with young players.  I have never been a Texas fan (never will be ) but I feel that MB is a class act.
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

deucea729

August 19, 2007, 10:45:50 pm #36 Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 10:47:27 pm by deucea729
Richt is everything Nutt will never be - classy, dignified, and a solid coach.  And oh yeah - Houston, you obviously need someone to clear up your definition of a "winner."  Check out Richt, and the way he handled his frosh QB last year.

Then check out his two SEC (not "SEC West") championship rings.

Dwight_K_Shrute

In the off season Richt, a guy making two mil a year, took his entire family on a mission trip to Honduras.

I've always heard nothing but good things about this guy.  But things like this set him head and shoulders above some other coaches.  Truly a good Christian man.  It's stuff like this instead of the occassional hospital visit and glad handing at charity events and donating stuff at auctions that speak volumes about the kind of person he is.

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6899105&nav=0qq9
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pork Twain

What kind of crazy leader puts his job security ahead of one player???  Oh yeah, they all do.  I want Nutt gone but this arguement is just silly.  His job was on the line and everyone knew it.  Richt did not have that worry.  He did what he thought he had to, to win.  That is smart.  MM was floundering against the SEC.  CD did not do much better but that was a risk he took.  Easy to call a man out when you have nothing to lose.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: tropical soooiee on August 19, 2007, 07:15:50 pm
Quote from: Theolesnort on August 19, 2007, 07:13:28 pm

Yeah, as I remember he won one of them off Nutt.

They spanked us and sent us wee wee wee all the way home

Razorback Jedi

just a new wrinkle to the growing disdain for Nutt.

BILLYBOB

Quote from: Albert Einswine on August 19, 2007, 10:19:58 pm

Yes, after 3 plays.  Go back and watch that first pass MM threw.  It was possibly, I'm serious here, the worst D1 football pass I've ever seen.  It was horrible...

As for the LSU game, Dick absolutely should have been pulled.  That was a bad decision on Nutt's part. 
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

brock4500

4-0 against nutt.  including a bashing in the sec championship game.  future bright for them with their young quarterback, and the hogs dont have a quarterback.  enough said.

stevenwayneslane

NO coach in his right mind would have pulled a kid who one seven games like that. Look some kids are just winners. That is the bottom line. Mustain has only lost two games in his whole football carreer. That is HS,JH, and college ball. One of the two games that he lost he broke his arm in two places. Any other coach that pulled the redshirt off a kid like that would have stuck with him out of respect for the kid and what he gave up for the team hiself.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BeoPig on August 19, 2007, 10:55:16 pm

What kind of crazy leader puts his job security ahead of one player???  Oh yeah, they all do.  I want Nutt gone but this arguement is just silly.  His job was on the line and everyone knew it.  Richt did not have that worry.  He did what he thought he had to, to win.  That is smart.  MM was floundering against the SEC.  CD did not do much better but that was a risk he took.  Easy to call a man out when you have nothing to lose.

Nutt's job was not on the line. He already had his 8 wins when he put MItch on the bench. The overall feel around the program was that we needed to get 8Ws this year for nuttjob to stay here as coach.

He got his 8 wins and he had nothing to lose in his mind.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 20, 2007, 10:13:59 am

Yes, after 3 plays.  Go back and watch that first pass MM threw.  It was possibly, I'm serious here, the worst D1 football pass I've ever seen.  It was horrible...

You must have missed the Pete Burks, Robert Johnson, Peanut Adams days here at Arkansas.

Porkerpower

Dude,

If Houston Nutt had known of the "dork" comment before national signing day, would he have still offered?  I say yes.  He was that big of a recruit, and only 17 at that time in his life.
So whats the difference finding out AFTER he has signed and played in games? 

The DIFFERENCE is he chose to come to Arkansas DESPITE that comment, indicating his love for the helmet.
A 17 year old kid should not be persecuted for some "off the wall" comment made in a friends living room.  That's ridiculous.

BILLYBOB

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 20, 2007, 11:18:54 am

You must have missed the Pete Burks, Robert Johnson, Peanut Adams days here at Arkansas.

Quote from: stevenwayneslane on August 20, 2007, 11:08:50 am
NO coach in his right mind would have pulled a kid who one seven games like that. Look some kids are just winners. That is the bottom line. Mustain has only lost two games in his whole football carreer. That is HS,JH, and college ball. One of the two games that he lost he broke his arm in two places. Any other coach that pulled the redshirt off a kid like that would have stuck with him out of respect for the kid and what he gave up for the team hiself.

I could't disagree with you more.  I think you are absolutely crazy...you're literally dilusional...if you think MM won those 7 games.  We won in spite of his play...be honest, we won because we had a good O-line and the most lethal backfield in all of college football.  Mustain was along for the ride.  I'm not knocking the kid...he has great potential and he showed flashes of brilliance...but he was a true freshman, playing in the SEC and it definetly showed.  He played like absolute crap against Alabama...it was a miracle we won that game.  And the interception he threw against South Carolina was an example of some of the worst QB play I've ever seen.  He telegraphed his pass for about 5 seconds and threw it straight into the gut of the USC defender.  Pulling him was the right decision.

As for your comment about loyalty, you need to wake up.  You don't play a kid out of loyalty, you play the person who will give you the best chance to win.  Period.

cbjagman

Quote from: bfosh on August 19, 2007, 08:35:30 pm
Quote from: hawgalujah on August 19, 2007, 07:27:24 pm

Caps intended!

"can't say I agree with how the qb situation was handled"

Only pointing out it was a different situation for Georgia and Arkansas.  Whether Nutt was wrong to not stick with Mitch shouldn't be compared to Georgia sticking with their freshman is all i was pointing out since that was the comparison made in in the original post.
The bottom line is the bottom line...........count how many SEC Championships Richt has won; how many has Nutty pulled off????I rest my case.

cbjagman

Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 20, 2007, 12:46:45 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 20, 2007, 11:18:54 am

I agree that the play you referred to against South Carolina was not a good one. However, since we're picking a game here let's look at the all star performance out of our "killer" Casey. Truly All American stats in that one for ole CD.

Quote from: stevenwayneslane on August 20, 2007, 11:08:50 am

I could't disagree with you more.  I think you are absolutely crazy...you're literally dilusional...if you think MM won those 7 games.  We won in spite of his play...be honest, we won because we had a good O-line and the most lethal backfield in all of college football.  Mustain was along for the ride.  I'm not knocking the kid...he has great potential and he showed flashes of brilliance...but he was a true freshman, playing in the SEC and it definetly showed.  He played like absolute crap against Alabama...it was a miracle we won that game.  And the interception he threw against South Carolina was an example of some of the worst QB play I've ever seen.  He telegraphed his pass for about 5 seconds and threw it straight into the gut of the USC defender.  Pulling him was the right decision.

As for your comment about loyalty, you need to wake up.  You don't play a kid out of loyalty, you play the person who will give you the best chance to win.  Period.