Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How good will Bama be?

Started by pcrouch3809, August 15, 2007, 02:42:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hog on August 16, 2007, 06:15:45 am
Good offense and a struggling defense.  Only four returning starters on defense.  Saban has his work cut out for him.
BINGO!
I know some on here don't like your coach. But come on! You guys have maybe the best RB duo ever! McFadden will run on bammer until HE decides to stop. If I was calling that game I would have him run, run, run and then run again early. That will take the wind out of the fans and crush the will of the defense.
Make no mistake you guys could lose to them just as we could. But it will take a break down of monumental proportions. They have no way to stop anyone.
Hate your coach all you want but don't give up on your players. You have top notch players in other positions as well and the very best RB I have seen in person ever. As a UT fan I am MUCH more worried about the Hogs coming into MECCA and playing us than I am going to kookville and beating bammer AGAIN.

bearcathog

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 16, 2007, 08:28:23 am
Good offense and a struggling defense.  Only four returning starters on defense.  Saban has his work cut out for him.
BINGO!
I know some on here don't like your coach. But come on! You guys have maybe the best RB duo ever! McFadden will run on bammer until HE decides to stop. If I was calling that game I would have him run, run, run and then run again early. That will take the wind out of the fans and crush the will of the defense.
Make no mistake you guys could lose to them just as we could. But it will take a break down of monumental proportions. They have no way to stop anyone.
Hate your coach all you want but don't give up on your players. You have top notch players in other positions as well and the very best RB I have seen in person ever. As a UT fan I am MUCH more worried about the Hogs coming into MECCA and playing us than I am going to kookville and beating bammer AGAIN.

Must be new here,

Nutt is known nationally for "getting more out of less",

But here in Arkansas we know, "He gets less out of more" ask anyone.

This site is SO Anti-Nutt, they(the Darkside) bash every player so that they can get more jabs at Nutt.

Even so, on Bama, I still think they will be lucky to win 6 this year.
"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy

ALLVOL

Quote from: bearcathog on August 16, 2007, 09:43:39 am
Quote from: ALLVOL on August 16, 2007, 08:28:23 am
BINGO!

Must be new here,

Nutt is known nationally for "getting more out of less",

But here in Arkansas we know, "He gets less out of more" ask anyone.

This site is SO Anti-Nutt, they(the Darkside) bash every player so that they can get more jabs at Nutt.

Even so, on Bama, I still think they will be lucky to win 6 this year.

No Ive been around for a little while. But no matter how mad you are at you coach as a fan you have to know that the Hogs will beat a bad bammer team. From a football opinion only, the Hogs are gonna be a lot better than bammer.

rockbama

We didnt let Mcfadden beat us last year, and I dont think we will this year. The home team has dominated this series as of late and I do not expect that to change.

We have more overall talent than Ark, Ark will have the best player on the field.
It will be hard fault but I see Bama coming through in the end.

That is all...

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: rockbama on August 16, 2007, 03:22:50 pm

We didnt let Mcfadden beat us last year, and I dont think we will this year. The home team has dominated this series as of late and I do not expect that to change.

We have more overall talent than Ark, Ark will have the best player on the field.

That is all...

Throwing 3 interceptions helped alot in containing McFadden.  Also Mcfad wasn't 100%  in that game.

I think ARK will win a close one, but I am glad we get you early.  Bama should improve throughout the season if they stay healthy.

Playing ya'll in late October or November could be a different story

EastexHawg

Last year's Arkansas-Alabama game was a classic example of two incompetent coaches trying their best to "undercoach" each other.  Someone had to win, and fortunately for the Hogs Shula and Bama's kicker were able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Bama got rid of their nitwit coach this year and brought in Nick Saban.  I expect Saban to have a considerable effect in his first year, then build Tide football into a powerhouse (if he stays). 

Meanwhile, we still have Gomer at the helm.

I think Bama will be the surprise team in the SEC West this year.  They will finish second, maybe third.  I think our game with them in Tuscaloosa is a tossup. 

Cartoon Man

We will have our hands full with them. Win or lose, I am worried about a letdown the following week with Kentucky.

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

Quote from: rockbama on August 16, 2007, 03:22:50 pm

That is all...
Umm I think it is obvious that Arkansas has more overall talent than Bama this year.  Preseason All SEC teams is a perfect example.
Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

NWASooner

We were discussing this around the water cooler the other day.

Bama's problem is their defensive front seven.  They're small to begin with and they're not very deep.  That's one reason Saban went to a 3-4.  The problem is his 3 are all about 265 lbs.  In a 3-4, that NT better be a 300+ run stuffer and the DE's better be like DT's in a 4-3.  I read where the starting NT is going to be a true freshman who was the third string center.

In other words, Arkansas is going to pound Bama regardless of how bad the QB plays.  Arkansas' line averages over 300 and say what you want about Nutt, but he coaches a good running game and Arkansas' backs aren't exactly bad.

That same problem will hurt Bama all year.  Other teams will just push them around.

silvertip

Quote from: songofthesword on August 15, 2007, 04:20:06 pm
am I the only one that saw where he said that Upchurch was the number 2 RB in the country the year he came out.... uh.. no he wasn't. We recruited him just as hard as Bama did... it was between Us, Bama and FSU and we were praying to get upchurch and "setttled" for Felix Jones on Signing day ... and that was a close call too.

point is.. he wasn't the number 2 RB in the country. I am not even sure if he was a top 100 player.. if he was it was by the hair of his chinny chin chin. Top 10 maybe.. not top 2. anyway, he's been a disopiontment so far and i'm glad we settled for jones.

Upchurch was Rivals' #8 RB and #73 on Rivals' top-100.

Bama will have a good running game---which is not the most important thing in the SEC.

Bama will have the most important ingredient for success in the SEC---a strong passing game. Phil Steele has their WR corps among the nation's top 10. JP Wilson set several Bama passing records last year---surpassing the likes of Joe Namath, Snake Stabler, and Brodie Croyle.

Add in an offensive line that returns everybody & which Steele also ranks among NCAA's top-10----and you have a team that will challenge LSU for the SEC-West title. They could well end up playing SC in Atlanta.