Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

kodi burns shines in first scrimmege

Started by judd7869, August 11, 2007, 07:12:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

songofthesword

there's always something my friend..always

hair of the hog

Yeah thanks Houston for getting a player that would be a HOG no matter who the coach was , give me a break , he grew up wanting to be a razorback it was destined , It didnt matter who the coach was , dont thank HDN for that
Quote from: HogWild09 on August 11, 2007, 07:35:02 pm
Quote from: judd7869 on August 11, 2007, 07:12:12 pm
(AU nation forums)  Thanks Houston.

Darren Mcfadden will shine this season. Thanks Houston.
Go sell crazy somewhere else , we are all stocked up around here

saywhat?

Thank Malzhan.  Burns was his #1 target.

saywhat?

Quote from: hair of the hog on August 12, 2007, 01:23:01 am

Yeah thanks Houston for getting a player that would be a HOG no matter who the coach was , give me a break , he grew up wanting to be a razorback it was destined , It didnt matter who the coach was , dont thank HDN for that

So he should get the kid that didn't grow up a Razorback fan?

hair of the hog

No but dont give no credit for getting a player that was a shoe in

Quote from: saywhat? on August 12, 2007, 01:43:16 am

So he should get the kid that didn't grow up a Razorback fan?
Go sell crazy somewhere else , we are all stocked up around here

VandyHog

This is from memory, but Burns was recruited by Tuberville in person. There also was a lot of talk at the time, I don't know how true it was, that he was not happy with the whole Robert Johnson demotion. All of that aside, Auburn was linked to his name from very early on.

NEAHAWG

[/quote]

It was Wood; after he couldn't get him to commit, Gus was put on him.  He was very interested, and then Gus went to Tulsa.  Of course Nutt took over then, and texted an anchorwoman who lived in the same city as Burns nearly 3000 times, but forgot to text Burns.
[/quote]Nutt had a plan, talk about the woman's charity work, get her confidence, and enlist her help with Burns, but the haters published the lies about him and he ran out of time.  Look how well Recruting is going now.  We are second in the SEC and will likely have the best by Feburary '08. 

We will win 10/11 games this year, can you imagine how hard it will be to get ready for our offense in one week?  We win the west and then the SEC Championship, our very first and go to and win our first BCS bowl.  I was a darksider untill this recruiting class started to take shape and Nutt was able to convince David Lee(Who groomed Romo) into put in some pro stuff and teach Dmac how to run the MLO.  Nutt may leave then I won't blame him he did it before.

Dirty

August 12, 2007, 08:37:43 am #57 Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 08:39:37 am by hogfanwithms
Nutt - National Championships - 0

TT - National Championships - 0

I don't care for either.

Remember TT pregame talk when he was at Ole Miss.  Nothing stinks worse than a wet hog.  Hogs thumped them 34-0.

AFWarrior83

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 11, 2007, 09:07:42 pm

What happens when Mcfadden is gone and we are getting our butts kicked? nice try Houston.

D.Curtis should do well I think, of course right now to compare him to a proven McFadden is silly. 
Hogville member since 2005.

AFWarrior83

I think if we were still in the Crowe days, he would have went to Tennessee or Alabama.
Hogville member since 2005.

BigDave70

Burns and Zimba were never going to come to Arkansas because they have Family ties to Auburn, both of there parents went to Auburn. This is not Nutts falt at all
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

HogWild09

So what about Felix. He was from Oklahoma . And Monk and Hillis. Well they're from Arkansas so I guess everyone who is from Arkansas wants to be a Hog.
Well, ya know, that's just, like, your opinion, man..

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: bkjacks on August 12, 2007, 12:01:27 am
Quote from: songofthesword on August 11, 2007, 07:55:44 pm
could you imagine:

National Chamption Game:

Auburn Tigers

vs.

USC Trojans

with Kodi and Mitch starting QB's, LZ starting and Damian being a key wideout

The only way that will ever happen is on X-box.

Don't understand why that couldn't happen.  But, if you say so.  How about Michigan vs USC in a couple of years.  I hear Michigan may have a QB waiting in the wings.

Where is that kid from again?
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

The real Hogules

DMac would have been a Razorback no matter who the HC was at Arkansas.
Unfortunately for the Nuttless wonder weasel recently SEVERAL Arkansas prep studs haven't shown the same determination to play for the Razorbacks no matter what.

I would also like to point out that the same idiot that YOU are thanking for DMac's luster, is the same Bozo that left him on the bench two seasons ago, while VANDERBILT proceeded to hand us our head in our own stadium.
Thanks Nuttless!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Tusks

Why is it ok for players that grow up in Arkansas but have parents that went to another school to pick that school and it's also ok for kids who live out of state who's parents WERE hogs go to other schools?

When is it supposed to come back the hogs way?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

sasnakrafan

August 12, 2007, 12:08:30 pm #65 Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 12:14:56 pm by sasnakrafan
Fact of the matter is Kodi was leaning towards Auburn for sure after Christmas bc Tubbs told him they were possibly going to try and mold a new offense around him. He had visited Kodi atleast 2x in Fort Smith once during practice and once during a football game that I did witness one occasion myself bc I went to a Northside game and I saw this disgusting orange (which stuck out bc northside wears red) at the endzone... needless to say it was Tuberville. Anyways my source whom I will list is his brother,who was a fellow classmate of mine and he now is a senior at Arkansas State. Bank on it that is my source and some of you may say that why would a coach promise a new offense (1. maybe that is Tubbs' salespitch and well it certainly worked 2. maybe he saw something in Kodi). However, near the end of it all Gus did recruited Kodi real hard and Kodi did say before that he thought Gus would be an amazing coach to play for,  but Kodi's choice was Auburn still. Now Gus's move to Tulsa possibly affected his decision if he were to start swaying to Arkansas, but we don't know now because he is where he is.

Hawg130

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 11, 2007, 07:52:55 pm
This is an Arkansas Razorbacks Sports forum, why do we care about Kodi Burns.  Shouldn't this be in the general sports forum.

I second that.  Go Hogs

Hogphilia

Quote from: razorrog1 on August 11, 2007, 08:25:31 pm
Quote from: jeshipman on August 11, 2007, 08:20:21 pm
Quote from: Boarcephus on August 11, 2007, 07:52:13 pm

McFadden would have come here if Ho Che Mein were the coach.  Burns needed a little more, like to be recruited as did LZ.

Can someone remind me who the coach responsible for recruiting burns and LZ was?
I honestly don't remember, but was there this much anger over losing Mark Hutson, Keith Jackson, and Eric Mitchell to OU back in the early/mid 80's?  We obviously didn't have the internet then and I didn't live in NWA at the time.  Just curious.

We never had Hutson, Jackson, and Mitchell signed and in the fold and then pissed them away to OU because the coach had an ego problem...Anybody can fail to sign a recruit after a hard fought battle....Li'l Abner is the coach that runs good players off after they are signed or spends his time texting bimbo news anchors rather than prospective star players like Burns and Ziemba.

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: HogPsych on August 11, 2007, 07:57:32 pm

Yea, you tell em.  We only want one good player!  Who needs a passing game anyway!!!  Great Point!
He must have not wanted to be a Razorback.. The clown has a cover for everything, And if he can't fire off some stupid comment, Rick will cover.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Cartoon Man

SkunkyMunky

Quote from: ReservoirHog on August 11, 2007, 07:42:41 pm
I think the point was that we need a QB, not another RB.

Why? We are just going to hand off the ball anyway.
"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

Fort Swine

Quote from: Hogphilia on August 12, 2007, 07:17:25 pm
Quote from: razorrog1 on August 11, 2007, 08:25:31 pm
Quote from: jeshipman on August 11, 2007, 08:20:21 pm
Quote from: Boarcephus on August 11, 2007, 07:52:13 pm

McFadden would have come here if Ho Che Mein were the coach.  Burns needed a little more, like to be recruited as did LZ.

Can someone remind me who the coach responsible for recruiting burns and LZ was?
I honestly don't remember, but was there this much anger over losing Mark Hutson, Keith Jackson, and Eric Mitchell to OU back in the early/mid 80's?  We obviously didn't have the internet then and I didn't live in NWA at the time.  Just curious.

We never had Hutson, Jackson, and Mitchell signed and in the fold and then pissed them away to OU because the coach had an ego problem...Anybody can fail to sign a recruit after a hard fought battle....Li'l Abner is the coach that runs good players off after they are signed or spends his time texting bimbo news anchors rather than prospective star players like Burns and Ziemba.

Hutson got signed after Switzer walked in the room, showed the rings, and 15 min. later - had a Sooner.  Nat'l Championship rings look a lot better than a division ring.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Justifiable Hogicide

Yes, thank you Houston and the entire "Nutt Family Posse".

sihog

GO HOGS GO