kodi burns shines in first scrimmege

Started by judd7869, August 11, 2007, 07:12:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

judd7869

10thPlanet

HogWild09

Quote from: judd7869 on August 11, 2007, 07:12:12 pm
(AU nation forums)  Thanks Houston.

Darren Mcfadden will shine this season. Thanks Houston.
Well, ya know, that's just, like, your opinion, man..

ReservoirHog

I think the point was that we need a QB, not another RB.

Boarcephus

Quote from: HogWild09 on August 11, 2007, 07:35:02 pm

McFadden would have come here if Ho Che Mein were the coach.  Burns needed a little more, like to be recruited as did LZ.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Dwight_K_Shrute

This is an Arkansas Razorbacks Sports forum, why do we care about Kodi Burns.  Shouldn't this be in the general sports forum.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

1longshot

i remeber this... kodi burns if from arkansas

songofthesword

could you imagine:

National Chamption Game:

Auburn Tigers

vs.

USC Trojans

with Kodi and Mitch starting QB's, LZ starting and Damian being a key wideout

HogPsych

Yea, you tell em.  We only want one good player!  Who needs a passing game anyway!!!  Great Point!

HogWild09

Quote from: HogPsych on August 11, 2007, 07:57:32 pm

Yea, you tell em.  We only want one good player!  Who needs a passing game anyway!!!  Great Point!

This years recruiting class could be one of the best we've had in a while. Who gets credit for it?
DMAC is not our only good player.
Well, ya know, that's just, like, your opinion, man..

Hawgballz

I am sure the other 11 preseason All-SEC Players appreciate your support.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Razorback53

Quote from: songofthesword on August 11, 2007, 07:55:44 pm
could you imagine:

National Chamption Game:

Auburn Tigers

vs.

USC Trojans

Can you say in your dreams only? That will never happen...Auburn is overrated

Qbackinman

I hope all Arkansas kids do well wherever they are. I think there's more to taking pride in our state than just wearing a Hog Hat.

But I root against them all evil doers when they play the UA. I just don't hate 'em afterward like some folk.

DeCori Green Eggs and Birmingham

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 11, 2007, 07:52:13 pm

McFadden would have come here if Ho Che Mein were the coach.  Burns needed a little more, like to be recruited as did LZ.

Can someone remind me who the coach responsible for recruiting burns and LZ was?

razorrog1

Quote from: jeshipman on August 11, 2007, 08:20:21 pm

Can someone remind me who the coach responsible for recruiting burns and LZ was?
I honestly don't remember, but was there this much anger over losing Mark Hutson, Keith Jackson, and Eric Mitchell to OU back in the early/mid 80's?  We obviously didn't have the internet then and I didn't live in NWA at the time.  Just curious.

Mark Lericos

Auburn is a lot of things.  Overrated is not one of them. They had a down year last season, and lost 2 games.  Think about that. 

2006-   11-2
2005-   9-2
2004-   12-0

what people are saying is Burns and Ziemba had decisions to make... and chose NOT to attend the school up the road that is in the SEC.  They chose one in Alabama. 

pigslop

Quote from: Razorback53 on August 11, 2007, 08:13:20 pm
could you imagine:

National Chamption Game:

Auburn Tigers

vs.

USC Trojans

NOT this year. I was thinking maybe in 1 or 2.
:razorback:

arthurhawgerelli

It was Wood; after he couldn't get him to commit, Gus was put on him.  He was very interested, and then Gus went to Tulsa.  Of course Nutt took over then, and texted an anchorwoman who lived in the same city as Burns nearly 3000 times, but forgot to text Burns.

By the way, I hope the Hogs win the national championship, and I hope Burns wins every game but one.  I sure wish we would have got him, too.

songofthesword

Quote from: HogWild09 on August 11, 2007, 08:01:54 pm

This years recruiting class could be one of the best we've had in a while. Who gets credit for it?
DMAC is not our only good player.

then person who should.. Davie Lee. He has recruited the whole damn state single handlily... he might get Lynn out of Texas and i swear I saw him making my Stake and Eggs at the Waffle house last night

HedgeDweller

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 11, 2007, 07:52:55 pm
This is an Arkansas Razorbacks Sports forum, why do we care about Kodi Burns.  Shouldn't this be in the general sports forum.

What he said.

I wish Kodi a great life and good health - beyond that, I don't care....

forrest city joe

What happens when Mcfadden is gone and we are getting our butts kicked? nice try Houston.

HedgeDweller

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 11, 2007, 09:07:42 pm

What happens when Mcfadden is gone and we are getting our butts kicked? nice try Houston.

Michael Smith will shine (if Felix left also), then D'Anthony will shine, then....

drivetimeporks

ok..sooo...we lost players in the 80s to OU... and lost some now to Auburn... hey , newsflash... first, (yes i know we beat them 100 years ago in the orange bowl) ..but back then ANYONE woulda gone to OU over the hogs ...and if u take an honest look, and yes i do think (generally) Auburn gets a ton of praise, they just won or shoulda won the national championship by going 14  - 0...not to mention their quite stable coach wise... oh and thecoach has a ton of arkansas ties... so... although were disappointed, its quite understandable 2 recruits would head to AU

DeCori Green Eggs and Birmingham

I would tend to agree with you, but then again, I thought the same thing when Matt Jones left.

razorrog1

Quote from: jeshipman on August 11, 2007, 09:22:14 pm

I would tend to agree with you, but then again, I thought the same thing when Matt Jones left.
I mentioned this in a previous post, but I can't help but think what might have been.  The program will go on and I believe we will be successful, but to think what this team could look like with MM, DW, Burns, Ziemba, and B.Green is enough to drive a guy nuts!
No matter what you say about Nutt, good or bad, that is a lot of talent wearing other helmets that should be on the hill right now.

SultanofSwine

How is it that Frank supports Dale so strongly when Tubberville was supposedly his first choice? How do you think Frank feels about that 32-4 record Tubbs has rung up over the last three vs. what Sir Text-a-Lot and the No Timeouts Crew has accomplished over the last three?

missippihog

I hope he gets to start then. Would love to see him laying on his back with razorback red smeared on that nice white jersey multiple times in RRS! GO HOGS!

songofthesword

Quote from: SultanofSwine on August 11, 2007, 09:27:01 pm
How is it that Frank supports Dale so strongly when Tubberville was supposedly his first choice? How do you think Frank feels about that 32-4 record Tubbs has rung up over the last three vs. what Sir Text-a-Lot and the No Timeouts Crew has accomplished over the last three?

LMAO

razorrog1

Quote from: missippihog on August 11, 2007, 09:28:26 pm
I hope he gets to start then. Would love to see him laying on his back with razorback red smeared on that nice white jersey multiple times in RRS! GO HOGS!
Virtual +1!

HedgeDweller

Quote from: razorrog1 on August 11, 2007, 09:26:52 pm

I mentioned this in a previous post, but I can't help but think what might have been.  The program will go on and I believe we will be successful, but to think what this team could look like with MM, DW, Burns, Ziemba, and B.Green is enough to drive a guy nuts!
No matter what you say about Nutt, good or bad, that is a lot of talent wearing other helmets that should be on the hill right now.

If you keep looking in the rear view mirror all the time, you can't see what's ahead of you....
Those guys didn't want to play at Arkansas, good luck to them, but I'm not going to waste my time checking to see how they are doing...
We've got an exciting season ahead of us, potential Heisman trophy winner, a defense that I'm beginning to think is going to surprise some folks, and a very good start to next years recruiting class.

jabohog

Quote from: HedgeDweller on August 11, 2007, 09:37:45 pm

If you keep looking in the rear view mirror all the time, you can't see what's ahead of you....
Those guys didn't want to play at Arkansas, good luck to them, but I'm not going to waste my time checking to see how they are doing...
We've got an exciting season ahead of us, potential Heisman trophy winner, a defense that I'm beginning to think is going to surprise some folks, and a very good start to next years recruiting class.

Oh my, you are so philosophical. If you are not going to waste your time checking on players that went someplace else, then why did you stick your nose into this thread titled "kodi burns shines in first scrimmege"? It must have been to grace us with your crap stirring opinion. Do us a favor and stick to your guns and keep your nose out of posts you say your not interested in. We will all be much appreciative at not having to read your drivel.

HedgeDweller

Quote from: jabohog on August 11, 2007, 10:09:18 pm

Oh my, you are so philosophical. If you are not going to waste your time checking on players that went someplace else, then why did you stick your nose into this thread titled "kodi burns shines in first scrimmege"? It must have been to grace us with your crap stirring opinion. Do us a favor and stick to your guns and keep your nose out of posts you say your not interested in. We will all be much appreciative at not having to read your drivel.

You don't HAVE to read it you know?

razorhog52

Quote from: jabohog on August 11, 2007, 10:09:18 pm

He probably did it for the same reason that others tear down Houston Nutt in every thread that is talking positive of him.

gohawgsgo

I do remember.  He left didn't he?

oldtimerhog

If you haven't noticed, we kind of need a QB.....Get a clue!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

gohawgsgo

Quote from: ScottFaldon on August 11, 2007, 10:20:05 pm
Quote from: gohawgsgo on August 11, 2007, 10:18:02 pm

I do remember.  He left didn't he?

Let's not try to blame Burns not going to Arkansas on Malzahn. It simply didn't happen that way.

Didn't say it was his fault.  Sometimes things just don't work out.  That is true often.

HOGansHero

I really do not keep up with Burns or Z.  I root for the HOGS and I hope they beat the hoooey out of Auburn!

:puke:  Auburn

gohawgsgo

Quote from: oldtimerhog on August 11, 2007, 10:21:36 pm

If you haven't noticed, we kind of need a QB.....Get a clue!

Who knows Darren may play QB a lot?  Hope not though.  Hope Casey comes through big.

songofthesword

AGain... Darren is the best QB on campus....

Hawgballz

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on August 11, 2007, 08:52:26 pm

It was Wood; after he couldn't get him to commit, Gus was put on him.  He was very interested, and then Gus went to Tulsa.  Of course Nutt took over then, and texted an anchorwoman who lived in the same city as Burns nearly 3000 times, but forgot to text Burns.

By the way, I hope the Hogs win the national championship, and I hope Burns wins every game but one.  I sure wish we would have got him, too.

Both Burns & Ziemba committed to Auburn before GM announced he was leaving for Tulsa.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ScottFaldon on August 11, 2007, 10:15:10 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 11, 2007, 07:52:55 pm

Why didn't you post the same sort of reply on other non-Razorback posts?

Like this one about the heat?
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=147125.0

Or this one about Arkansas Baptist?
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=147042.0

Sorry I was in Branson all week with the family burning my a$$ up.  Thanks for the links I'll go post in those threads now. 

I'm also curious to know if any of the people familar with my postings thought for one minute I was serious.

I was just trying to beat the tight a$$es that usually post that kind of reply to the punch.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 11, 2007, 10:44:49 pm

Both Burns & Ziemba committed to Auburn before GM announced he was leaving for Tulsa.

Malzahn was not put on Burns until he orally committed to Auburn.  He had him re-thinking.  Ziemba didn't commit until February, after Gus had left.  Lee was sent to talk with Burns, after he was hired, but my best memory is that Burns wouldn't receive him.

Porquer4life

Not a big deal, but the word is spelled scrimmage.  

Good for young Mr Burns.  Hope he has a great career at Auburn.  Is it inconceivable to believe that Kodi went to Auburn because he wanted to and not because HDN didn't recruit him enough ?   Perhaps he saw something there that he liked better than Fayetteville.   Pretty simple math when you think about it.  No coach can make choices for players.  Just offers.

Carry on.

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 11, 2007, 10:44:49 pm

Malzahn was not put on Burns until he orally committed to Auburn.  He had him re-thinking.  Ziemba didn't commit until February, after Gus had left.  Lee was sent to talk with Burns, after he was hired, but my best memory is that Burns wouldn't receive him.

Wes Craven

could you imagine:

National Chamption Game:

Auburn Tigers

vs.

USC Trojans

Auburn is the third winningest program in Division I over the last 5 years behind only Texas and USC. Not to mention they play in the SEC. Yeah, way overrated. Take a seat, be quiet and listen.

gohawgsgo

Quote from: Wes Craven on August 11, 2007, 11:03:19 pm
could you imagine:

National Chamption Game:

Auburn Tigers

vs.

USC Trojans

Auburn is the third winningest program in Division I over the last 5 years behind only Texas and USC. Not to mention they play in the SEC. Yeah, way overrated. Take a seat, be quiet and listen.

Maybe that is a reason Kodi went there?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Porquer4life on August 11, 2007, 11:01:25 pm
Not a big deal, but the word is spelled scrimmage.  

Actually in that part of Alabama they do call it scrimmege, and it also means dry ******* ones relations at a family reunion.

bkjacks

could you imagine:

National Chamption Game:

Auburn Tigers

vs.

USC Trojans

The only way that will ever happen is on X-box.

A HOG FAN IS ALL I AM

That would be your boy Gus Malazahn.

atekido

i hope we win the BCS champ just so i can see what all the negative people will come up with to complain about rofl.