Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 LSU game to be in L.R.

Started by Anon2, August 08, 2007, 10:47:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Anon2

Thought I read somewhere on here or heard on DTS that the game would be in Fayetteville.  Not so according to Frank.

hawgwilde

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hawgwilde on August 08, 2007, 10:48:08 am
It needs to be in Fayetteville!

No, the tradition needs to continue!!! Keep it at WMS!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

BustinANutt

Frank is the only reason the games moved in the first place. He is out after this year. The LSU game will never be in RRS unless a Governor is elected from that part of the state and that isn't going to happen for a long long long time.

The BOT has people appointed from all over the state and you can't get too many people from one area so how do you think they are going to vote on this issue after frank is gone.

hawgwilde

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 08, 2007, 10:51:44 am

No, we need to come into the 21st century and stop having our progress impeded by tradition.  The revenue alone would be the major factor!
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

mj4president

Quote from: hawgwilde on August 08, 2007, 10:55:48 am

No, we need to come into the 21st century and stop having our progress impeded by tradition.  The revenue alone would be the major factor!

Right on.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

mj4president

Quote from: mj4president on August 08, 2007, 10:56:26 am

Right on.

lol. Put my answer in the quote. Right on. We need our home games at home.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

booogaga

one more bone head move from our fossel/AD

i live in little rock and i think having the lsu game here is stupid. i think only cupcakes that you know we will beat should be here. never should we play a game here that has a remote chance that tv might pick up. one for recruiting and another financially. just plain stupid.
GO HOGS!

hawgwilde

Quote from: BustinANutt on August 08, 2007, 10:55:15 am
Frank is the only reason the games moved in the first place. He is out after this year. The LSU game will never be in RRS unless a Governor is elected from that part of the state and that isn't going to happen for a long long long time.

The BOT has people appointed from all over the state and you can't get too many people from one area so how do you think they are going to vote on this issue after frank is gone.

No, Stephens and the other big money down there are the reason.  I can remember as a little kid the reports that the stadium was in poor shape, needed to be fixed if games were still going to be played there.  Well, the deadline came and went and it took another 15 years before any significant progress was made on The Dump.  I still don't like Frank to this day for that reason.  Stephens had the opportunity to keep games down there.  I remember more games being played at The Dump instead of on campus MANY times.  Times change and so should some things.  If people want to quit being fans because of "home" games actually being moved onto campus, then so be it.  Go root for ASWho and the rest of the no-names.

hawgwilde

Quote from: mj4president on August 08, 2007, 10:57:09 am
Quote from: mj4president on August 08, 2007, 10:56:26 am

Right on.

lol. Put my answer in the quote. Right on. We need our home games at home.

Winner

Quote from: Anon2 on August 08, 2007, 10:47:13 am
Thought I read somewhere on here or heard on DTS that the game would be in Fayetteville.  Not so according to Frank.

I thought he said there were no plans to move it and that would be the new AD's decision.  Nothing definite in the article I read.

hawgwilde

Quote from: Razorback56 on August 08, 2007, 11:02:24 am
WMS has great energy.  We pulled off the last minute drive to beat LSU their, blocked SC's field goal attempt to win the game, had that fantastic game against Tim Couch and Kentucky.  Those were awesome games at WMS.

No, not anymore.  I was at the LoSerU game in The Dump last year and the supposed energy level was horrible.

NWAFellows

Quote from: Winner on August 08, 2007, 11:00:34 am

I thought he said there were no plans to move it and that would be the new AD's decision.  Nothing definite in the article I read.

I thought we were locked into two games in LR until 2012. Of course, who says one of those games has to be LSU ...

NWAFellows

Quote from: hawgwilde on August 08, 2007, 11:03:48 am
No, not anymore.  I was at the LoSerU game in The Dump last year and the supposed energy level was horrible.

It probably had something to do with that atrocious midfield logo ...

hawgwilde

Quote from: NWAFellows on August 08, 2007, 11:07:37 am

It probably had something to do with that atrocious midfield logo ...

I did have this strange urge to take a trash can out to the middle of the field.

PaleHorse

FRANK MUST GO!  That game should be played at our home field.
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

humphrey

I like tradition, but only when it is good.  It has also been a Razorback tradition to under-perform, have absolutely no passing game, and not go to bowl games (or lose the one's we're in).

If tradition is even a minute portion of your reasoning for keeping games in LoseR stadium, your argument is severely lacking substance -- you son't have a leg to stand on.  If the Stephens' money is your hang-up, why doesn't Stephens just donate whatever he would have put into WMS to the Razorback Foundation.  I can't believe that any of these far-fetched Stephens were serious, because he could just have given the money (or created a revocable trust) to the Foundaiton.  Since he didn't, I am prone to think that it was never a serious consideration in the first place.

BustinANutt

Quote from: hawgwilde on August 08, 2007, 10:58:54 am

No, Stephens and the other big money down there are the reason.  I can remember as a little kid the reports that the stadium was in poor shape, needed to be fixed if games were still going to be played there.  Well, the deadline came and went and it took another 15 years before any significant progress was made on The Dump.  I still don't like Frank to this day for that reason.  Stephens had the opportunity to keep games down there.  I remember more games being played at The Dump instead of on campus MANY times.  Times change and so should some things.  If people want to quit being fans because of "home" games actually being moved onto campus, then so be it.  Go root for ASWho and the rest of the no-names.

The simple fact is that once Frank is gone the power will shift to the BOT. The Governor appoints the BOT there are so many preallocated spots for people from Little Rock, NEA, SEA, SWA, and NWA. It will be all of Arkansas versus the NWA voters on this issue. 

hawgwilde

Quote from: BustinANutt on August 08, 2007, 11:12:02 am

The simple fact is that once Frank is gone the power will shift to the BOT. The Governor appoints the BOT there are so many preallocated spots for people from Little Rock, NEA, SEA, SWA, and NWA. It will be all of Arkansas versus the NWA voters on this issue. 

No, it will be the clear thinking, level-headed people deciding - spend over $1M per "home" game or keep that money and more in the coffers by playing a true home game.

BustinANutt

Quote from: PaleHorse on August 08, 2007, 11:11:40 am
FRANK MUST GO!  That game should be played at our home field.
If Frank could move all the games to RRS he would. That what all the fighting has been about the last 15 years. Where have you been.

PaleHorse

Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

BustinANutt

Quote from: hawgwilde on August 08, 2007, 11:13:51 am

No, it will be the clear thinking, level-headed people deciding - spend over $1M per "home" game or keep that money and more in the coffers by playing a true home game.
The people don't decide anything. The BOT decides everything and Frank has had them in his pocket, but he is gone now. Beebe could appoint people he knew would move all the games if he wanted too but it would be political suicide.

hawgwilde

Quote from: BustinANutt on August 08, 2007, 11:16:27 am
Quote from: hawgwilde on August 08, 2007, 11:13:51 am

The people don't decide anything. The BOT decides everything and Frank has had them in his pocket, but he is gone now. Beebe could appoint people he knew would move all the games if he wanted too but it would be political suicide.

The people I was referring to were the BOT members.

RazrFan

When are they going to demolish Waste Management Stadium anyways?

Another wasted opportunity to play a high profile opponent at our home field.

hawgwilde

Quote from: RazrFan on August 08, 2007, 11:20:17 am
When are they going to demolish Waste Management Stadium anyways?

Another wasted opportunity to play a high profile opponent at our home field.

As soon as their Tontitown landfill is full.  Then they'll truck the refuse down there.

Bob1959

Here's a link to today's article:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/197992/

"Arkansas' contract with War Memorial Stadium calls for games to be played in Little Rock for the next nine seasons, through 2015, including two seasons with three games and seven seasons with two games. The contract includes one SEC game in Little Rock each season."

That being said, there's nothing that locks the LSU game in LR.

ALLVOL

WMS has great energy.  We pulled off the last minute drive to beat LSU their, blocked SC's field goal attempt to win the game, had that fantastic game against Tim Couch and Kentucky.  Those were awesome games at WMS.

As an outsider I have to say I was at the UT game in Fayetville and the LSU game in LR (business and friends) and both had great atmoshpere. Just so you know, I rooted for the Hogs in LR.

Little E

I was there as well but I thought the energy was fantastic.  I actually think they should have ALL the football games in Fayetteville but I can't lie that last year's LSU game did have great energy.  Just my opinion.

Swino

Frank can say whatever he wants, it will be up to the new AD to make that decision.

hawgwilde

Quote from: Little E on August 08, 2007, 12:22:23 pm

I was there as well but I thought the energy was fantastic.  I actually think they should have ALL the football games in Fayetteville but I can't lie that last year's LSU game did have great energy.  Just my opinion.

It had energy, but not the second-coming energy that many on here proclaim.  I guess I went expecting much more and was disappointed.

HawgWildInTheRok

ALLVOL

Quote from: Little E on August 08, 2007, 12:22:23 pm

I agree. It was pretty damn awsome. Ive been to a LOT of stadiums to watch games and it was right there with the best of them.

007 License To Squeal

August 08, 2007, 12:41:29 pm #32 Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 12:43:56 pm by 007 License To Squeal

By your logic, why pay millions for the next coach?  We can save money by hiring one right out of high school for about 100K.

cosmodrum

As a person who enjoys the LR games, I think the LSU game should probably be in RRS. It will always sell out, is probably louder, although for it's size, WMS get pretty rockin.'

I don't think the tradition impedes progess. Especially if we were to play LSWho in Fayetteville. We should just play the likes of La-Tech and MSU in LR. I think that would be a fair compromise. I mean, would those games sell out RRS anyway?
Go away, batin'

gohogs3218

I was there too.  The energy level in Fayetteville is much better than in Little Rock.  The atmosphere is also very different.  You just don't get the overall college football experience if you aren't on a campus with all of the students and university landmarks.  It just isn't the same.

Also, that golf course is a dump, the parking is terrible, and the LSU fans have better tailgating than the hog fans.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Lard O Mercy on August 08, 2007, 01:21:59 pm
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 08, 2007, 12:41:29 pm

By your logic, why pay millions for the next coach?  We can save money by hiring one right out of high school for about 100K.
Huh?

Sometimes, tradition is as important as money.  Once all games move to NWA, theteam will cease to be the state team, IMO.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: gohogs3218 on August 08, 2007, 01:24:36 pm

I was there too.  The energy level in Fayetteville is much better than in Little Rock.  The atmosphere is also very different.  You just don't get the overall college football experience if you aren't on a campus with all of the students and university landmarks.  It just isn't the same.

Also, that golf course is a dump, the parking is terrible, and the LSU fans have better tailgating than the hog fans.

Huh?  Parking is much better at WMS, IMO.

gohawgsgo

Glad it is staying, but we need to win that game again!  It is more acceptable to lose games in your 75,000+ on campus facility, than to lose in a 55,000 ole relic.  I love WMS, but winning was the thing it had going for it for a while.  Beat LSU and it might stay there!  WPS!

tokencracker

Well if every Hogs fan quit sitting around in circles and quit fricking arguing about everything under the sun about the Hogs...and pull their overinflated heads out of their extremely tight rear sphincter and just enjoy and support the Hogs, then maybe we would be tailgating better than LSU and just be a better fan base in general...a lot of the people who argue on here and have nothing negative to say would scare off anyone who had two brain cells left in there head. Bottom line enjoy the program and quit whining. My dad took me to Hogs game in WMS when I was younger against Tennessee and we won...and the place went nuts. I was at a the game against Auburn when we won 28-27 a few years back in WMS, and everything went nuts. It is part of our history and the great NWA thinks they are the future of the Razorback program and that the rest of the state should bow down and bask in the glory of North West Arkansas. A bunch of horse excriment!

Kendall

All games should be in Fayetteville, if Little Rock wants some football have UALR field a team.

gohawgsgo

Quote from: Kendall on August 08, 2007, 01:46:37 pm
All games should be in Fayetteville, if Little Rock wants some football have UALR field a team.

I guess we better keep two games there since that area fields a big part of the team.  Playing on campus is big, but LR is good for the program.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Kendall on August 08, 2007, 01:46:37 pm

Ask the players.  They love playing in LR.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Razorback56 on August 08, 2007, 01:39:56 pm
LR is the artery that keeps the entire state infatuated with the Hogs.  If there are no more games in LR, I think kids farther south with lose their ties with the Hogs.  Heck, DMAc might not have been such a die hard.

I used to think I had nothing to add to this thread. After reading this I say send all games to Fayettville. I know a school east of Arky that would have no problems filling in, in LR and South Arky. ha ha ha ha ha ha Please take the games to campus!

humphrey

Quote from: tokencracker on August 08, 2007, 01:42:31 pm
Well if every Hogs fan quit sitting around in circles and quit fricking arguing about everything under the sun about the Hogs...and pull their overinflated heads out of their extremely tight rear sphincter and just enjoy and support the Hogs, then maybe we would be tailgating better than LSU and just be a better fan base in general...a lot of the people who argue on here and have nothing negative to say would scare off anyone who had two brain cells left in there head. Bottom line enjoy the program and quit whining. My dad took me to Hogs game in WMS when I was younger against Tennessee and we won...and the place went nuts. I was at a the game against Auburn when we won 28-27 a few years back in WMS, and everything went nuts. It is part of our history and the great NWA thinks they are the future of the Razorback program and that the rest of the state should bow down and bask in the glory of North West Arkansas. A bunch of horse excriment!

Why is it so hard for you people get off your backsides and do something??  At ALL other schools in the nation, people are PROUD to travel to their favorties college's CAMPUS.  They DO bask in the glory of their favorite university -- the history, scenery, and landmarks that go with it.  ALL other schools tailgate all-out -- they don't show up 2 hrs before the game, park on a golf course and chit-chat, enter the game halfway into the 1st quarter, then leave after halftime, like every LR game I've been to has.

Much of the Hog faithful are die-hard fans, but it seems that a large number of "fans" don't want to be inconvenienced.  They don't want to travel to the HOME CAMPUS.  They don't want to brave the elements and wake up early if necessary to tailgate.  They MOST CERTAINLY don't want to be bothered to get in the dump before kickoff and they think it a tremendous inconvenience to stay until the end of the game (which is not 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, like many Hog "fans" think).

But, we do make the bed in which we sleep.  We can have the best atmosphere in college football -- if we make it so.  But, our experience is what we all make it.  There are some people in Arkansas that so much dislike the location of the UA that they choose not to go to the games and campaign for at least 2 "home" games to be played AWAY from home.

If you liked the UA and the Hogs, you would be thrilled to come to Fayetteville and you would kick and scream at the thought of someone taking the opportunity to visit the HOME of the Hogs from you.  If you want the Hogs to play somewhere other than HOME, you don't have very much support for the Arkansas Razorbacks.

humphrey

LR is the artery that keeps the entire state infatuated with the Hogs.  If there are no more games in LR, I think kids farther south with lose their ties with the Hogs.  Heck, DMAc might not have been such a die hard.

WHAT???  Are you saying that McFadden was enticedto the Hogs because they played in LR?  If they stopped playing in LR, would McFadden leave?  What other team that he could possibly go to plays in LR, which is what you say brought him to the Hogs?

No one else plays in LR, so your point is not valid!!!  If playing in LR was so important, why would the Hogs lose these guys?  They wouldn't get to play in the dump anyhow.  OK, I get what you're saying.  If the Hogs didn't play in the dump, McFadden wouldn't have played football at all.

Great theory!

tokencracker

As I said everyone should bow down and bask in the glory that is North West Arkansas...woohoo!

humphrey

Quote from: tokencracker on August 08, 2007, 02:14:27 pm
As I said everyone should bow down and bask in the glory that is North West Arkansas...woohoo!

Amen, brother.

LSU fans bask in the glory of Baton Rouge, Tennessee fans bask in the glory of Tennessee, Florida fans bask in the glory of Gainesville, Ohio State fans bask in the gory of Columbus, and Texas fans bask in the glory of Austin.  Do we see any similarities??

Michaelt

Quote from: humphrey on August 08, 2007, 02:07:44 pm
If you want the Hogs to play somewhere other than HOME, you don't have very much support for the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Spoken like a true youngster.
So, should the Razorbacks play all 11-12 of their games at home? Should they do away with going to other schools and play there? Are the Razorbacks going to Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Miss St. less supportive because they go there to play?

Of course not, that is really blowing the thought out of context, but the thought NEEDED to be blown out of context. In other words,
You know not what you speak of.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

press ham

imo all sec games should be played on campus. non-conference cup-cake games should be played in lr. i live in lr and i would have no problem driving to rrs the day after thanksgiving. i can't speak for those living in texarkana, el dorado, and w. memphis.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: humphrey on August 08, 2007, 02:12:10 pm

WHAT???  Are you saying that McFadden was enticedto the Hogs because they played in LR?  If they stopped playing in LR, would McFadden leave?  What other team that he could possibly go to plays in LR, which is what you say brought him to the Hogs?

No one else plays in LR, so your point is not valid!!!  If playing in LR was so important, why would the Hogs lose these guys?  They wouldn't get to play in the dump anyhow.  OK, I get what you're saying.  If the Hogs didn't play in the dump, McFadden wouldn't have played football at all.

Great theory!

For over 50 years, WMS has served the U of A program .  When small crowds attended the NWA games, the fans filled WMS.  It is an instituion that adds to the program.