Started by twistitup, August 07, 2007, 06:49:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

RT  RG  C  LG  LT TE           WR
  HB        QB            HB   

TB

something like this.         

tokencracker

The wildcat/hog/open wing offense has the rest of the country confused. I'm going to school in St. Louis and I have had about 3 people ask me if McFadden is going to be our QB. So at least if it isn't very versatile outside the running game...the rest of the country is confused.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Tammany Tom on August 07, 2007, 09:26:33 pm
It's a gimmick that works, at least for now. Face it guys, there is only one reason it works: You have the best player in the country running it. Without McFadden, it is pretty much worthless. Having a player the caliber of Felix Jones playing the RB position behind McFadden taking snaps also makes it a great package. Those two guys are why it works and works well. However, the wildcat has it's costs and those costs are expensive to your program. Those costs are losing out on great WR prospects and losing Damien Williams last year and now I hear you lost another Springdale WR. I can't see any highly ranked QB prospects salivating at the mouth wanting to be a part of that offense either.

Basically, enjoy it this year, because after this year it will it be far more harmful then helpful. 

+1000
I've said this over and over and over again.  For some reason, Huggers don't understand that for long term salvation, we're going to have to endure some short term pain.  HDN has us in a vicious circle with his overemphasis on the running game.  Because he runs, runs, and runs some more, we don't get the passing game to where we need it to be.  Then we lose recruits, so HDN decides it's safer to run, run, and run some more........ad nauseum.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

MysticHog

Quote from: 311Hog on August 08, 2007, 03:25:58 pm
   RT  RG  C  LG  LT TE           WR

TB

something like this.        

That is the dead T formation

311Hog

dead t, wing t, single wing hehe wishbone, stacked I

Conway Cool Daddy

TB

something like this.        

QB in shot gun with Felix in motion. I imagine we'll see some form of radar option this year.

311Hog

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on August 08, 2007, 04:01:13 pm

TB

something like this.         

QB in shot gun with Felix in motion. I imagine we'll see some form of radar option this year.

RT RG C LG LT TE         Monk
                             <<<<<<<<<Jones

Hillis Dmac  Smith

PigPusher

August 08, 2007, 04:55:08 pm #108 Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 05:01:11 pm by PigPusher
Good stuff.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Quote from: MysticHog on August 08, 2007, 03:57:44 pm

TB

something like this.         

No, it is not.  The T formation:

OOOXOOO
      O
  O  O  O

The formation you are calling the dead T is actually more a double wing formation.
Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

PigPusher

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 08, 2007, 01:59:40 pm
Quote from: PigPusher on August 08, 2007, 11:50:12 am
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 07, 2007, 09:11:40 pm
Quote from: hogfanwithms on August 07, 2007, 09:10:07 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 07, 2007, 09:00:42 pm
Quote from: hogfanwithms on August 07, 2007, 08:47:29 pm
So far it ain't broke.

So far it aint got us no championships hugger.

For one I'm not a hugger.  It ain't broke with D-mac running it.  And ain't the one who is not shaving.

But you is the one who supporting "Coach Nutt" and his gimmick offense

Shouldn't that be "are" instead of "is'?   Just wondering.

It is called "satire".  Some of you seriously need to get a sense of humor.

Oh now I see using "is" instead of "are" is satire.  Thanks, now I know. I'll be sure to remember that little ditty.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

bigheadred

Well, I will point out the facts then people. Did the parents of these kids not meet with Nutt and complain about playing time and the direction of the offense? Did they not state that they wanted to catch 60 passes a year? Is that immature to ask those questions? If it is I am immature as many others are.

Yes, young people have a right to change their minds. However, when it comes to disrespecting your coach and the manner in which he runs things, then you are wrong and at fault. You don't hear Robert Johnson complaining. He has a chance to do great things this year. Robert Johnson never called his coach a dork, even when he lost his starting job.

Yes, to me and many others these players mentioned above are ____________. You fill in the blank and tell me. They certainly don't have good attitudes and are not team oriented. They are think about themselves because of statistics and playing time. If they are good, they will play anyway.

I look at these examples and cannot see how that is immature or garbage. Somebody has been smoking the old crack or drinking the Kool Aid. Me, I am going to stay away from that stuff, even if people think I am immature. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

:razorback:
I am Bigheadred and I support this message. Yo soy el hombre.

hdandfbout

Quote from: kmoore on August 07, 2007, 07:54:15 pm
Quote from: NWASooner on August 07, 2007, 07:30:21 pm
It's the single wing.
The single wing has your qb spining and faking to two other backs, trying to conceal the ball and confuse the defense. Also the O line is unbalanced to one side. All the wildhog is a type of spread offense like Florida and WV.

The wildcat or wildhog is a the spread formation.  It is also a modifed punt formation.

demonHOG1013

Quote from: NWASooner on August 07, 2007, 07:30:21 pm
It's the single wing.

WIth the best Running Back in the country having the option to keep it, hand it off to the SECOND best Running Back in the country, or throw it down field to one of the best recievers in the country.

demonHOG1013

August 08, 2007, 05:13:59 pm #114 Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 06:11:22 pm by demonHOG1013
Quote from: bigheadred on August 08, 2007, 05:04:19 pm
Well, I will point out the facts then people. Did the parents of these kids not meet with Nutt and complain about playing time and the direction of the offense? Did they not state that they wanted to catch 60 passes a year? Is that immature to ask those questions? If it is I am immature as many others are.

Yes, young people have a right to change their minds. However, when it comes to disrespecting your coach and the manner in which he runs things, then you are wrong and at fault. You don't hear Robert Johnson complaining. He has a chance to do great things this year. Robert Johnson never called his coach a dork, even when he lost his starting job.

Yes, to me and many others these players mentioned above are ____________. You fill in the blank and tell me. They certainly don't have good attitudes and are not team oriented. They are think about themselves because of statistics and playing time. If they are good, they will play anyway.

I look at these examples and cannot see how that is immature or garbage. Somebody has been smoking the old crack or drinking the Kool Aid. Me, I am going to stay away from that stuff, even if people think I am immature. :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

These FACTS you speak of LET Me clear them up for you:

The parents and kids DID NOT meet about playing time. Frank Broyles confirmed that. They DID NOT say they wanted to catch 60 balls a year, BC's dad said they "were used to catching 60 balls a game." Mitch Mustain DID NOT call his coach a DORK, Gus Malzahn was his HC when he made that statement. And THOSE ARE FACTS!

And in refrence to your avatar, in this case, you clearly don't

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Quote from: bigheadred on August 08, 2007, 05:04:19 pm

It's been well hashed out on here that the meeting with the parents wasn't about playing time and the number of catches.  Keep your head buried in the sand about that all you want, but the fact remains that a very good receiver (and young man by many accounts) left this program because of things "he didn't want to be a part of".  The very fact that he transferred to USC, perhaps the best overall program in college football shows a couple of things: 1) he's not afraid to compete against the big boys, and 2) he has talent because USC wanted him and gave him a scholarship.  Don't forget the fact that he originally committed to Florida, which did pretty well last year.

Don't forget that Mitch calling HDN a "dork" was done before Mitch was committed to the Razorbacks.  Show me one 17 year old kid who hasn't put his foot in his mouth at least once.  Mitch was man enough to apologize to Nutt, but apparently that wasn't good enough.  The well documented abuse Mustain suffered, either directly or indirectly ordered by Nutt was, is, and will always be wrong.

The immature garbage you spew is calling players names and pushing your own agenda just to stir up crap.  The ONLY valid thing you have posted is about Robert Johnson's attitude.  RoJo should be praised for his effort.

I am sure you are aware of the old saying "It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".  In your case, substitute open your mouth with post on a message board.  Step away from the keyboard.
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

bigheadred

I would like to hear what other people say on this matter. And where is your evidence that this is all true. ;D

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Where is your evidence that what you spew is true?

Frank Broyles himself said the "parents meeting" wasn't about playing time.

The dork comment was a part of a book written before Mustain enrolled at the University of Arkansas.

Where are both Williams and Mustain enrolled?  Do you honestly think that USC, the best program in the country, would be willing to throw away scholarships on two "crybabies" who couldn't cut it at Arkansas, a team that USC figuratively destroyed in 2 straight seasons?  Perhaps Pete Carroll and his staff recognize talent and know more about what really went on than we do.

You want to hear what other people say on this matter?  The search feature on this site is a wonderful tool.  Use it.

hawgfandude

MysticHog

Quote from: rampage72501 on August 08, 2007, 05:01:50 pm

TB

something like this.        

OOOXOOO
      O
  O  O  O

The formation you are calling the dead T is actually more a double wing formation.

Yes it is, those backs move up or down it's called a dead T "Coach".

bigheadred

If I am wrong, I am wrong. But why do so many post about it and make such a deal out of it if it is not true. In the same manner, I don't believe the stuff written about Nutt as well. There is no evidence to prove the fact. ;D

granny grunt

Quote from: bigheadred on August 08, 2007, 05:41:40 pm
I would like to hear what other people say on this matter. And where is your evidence that this is all true. ;D
You probably don't want to hear what I have to say on this matter....But here goes.. Houston Nutt called a press conference and said that Malzahn was being hired to lead the offence in a new direction [a winning direction,  something that had eluded Nutt for the past two seasons]  When the Wildcat package was introduced into the Razorback playbook by Gus,  it was a perfect fit for McFadden.[remember what Nutt had tried to achieve with McFadden the year before?  Couldn't get the ball over the goal line from the four yd. line against Vanderbilt in four straight runs up the middle]  
After seven straight wins with Gus calling the plays,  Nutt starts to take back HIS offence... he starts to belittle Gus, Mitch, & Williams.   He wants them gone.  He wants all the credit and glory for a year that is going great.  But the joke was on him.  The last three games against LSU,  FLA. and Wisc. were all vintage Nuttyball.   He ran the Wildcat into the ground and then stood on the sideline chewing his fingernails,  wondering why the Hogs couldn't win the last three games..

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Quote from: MysticHog on August 08, 2007, 06:17:18 pm
Quote from: rampage72501 on August 08, 2007, 05:01:50 pm

TB

something like this.         

OOOXOOO
      O
  O  O  O

Yes it is, those backs move up or down it's called a dead T "Coach".

We can argue all day over what different coaches call different formations, "Coach".  Depending on the terminology used, that formation is often called the double wing, and can be run from any base formation.

bigheadred

Well, Sir, here is a contradiction because Danny Nutt who coached the quarterbacks acutually suggested the WildCat formation. Again, you are seeing one side of the story and don't have your facts straight. 8)

granny grunt

Quote from: bigheadred on August 08, 2007, 06:42:06 pm
Well, Sir, here is a contradiction because Danny Nutt who coached the quarterbacks acutually suggested the WildCat formation. Again, you are seeing one side of the story and don't have your facts straight. 8)
Very odd that Danny Nutt didn't think of it the year before Gus Malzahn came to the U of A ....huh???

granny grunt

In fact the Nutt brothers couldn't come up with anything in 04 and 05.... I'd say that 5/6 and 4/7 was proof of that....huh????

The Marmot

Danny suggested using DMac in the wildcat, which Gus brought in. They both deserve some credit for its success last season.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

MysticHog

Quote from: The Marmot on August 08, 2007, 07:14:22 pm

Danny suggested using DMac in the wildcat, which Gus brought in. They both deserve some credit for its success last season.

JFB would know more about that formation than Danny or Gus, he ran it.

67Hog

Am I suffering from dyslexia, or did something change since I was playing football in the 60s?  Since when is the interior offensive line RT  RG  C  LG  LT?  When I was playing it was LT LG C RG RT.  On defense, of course it was stage opposite.

67Hog

My display no longer shows the praise/smite count, or whatever they were called.  Did I miss something, or turn something off?

COCHISE

Quote from: 67Hog on August 08, 2007, 09:07:12 pm
My display no longer shows the praise/smite count, or whatever they were called.  Did I miss something, or turn something off?
It gets turned off prior to the season starting due to the amount of traffic on the board.

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Quote from: 870 RZR on August 08, 2007, 09:10:02 pm
It gets turned off prior to the season starting due to the amount of traffic on the board.

Or when something big happens that causes the traffic on the site to increase:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=146587.0

67Hog

Quote from: 870 RZR on August 08, 2007, 09:10:02 pm
Thanks.  Makes more sense than my wondering if somehow my schnauzer had stepped on my keyboard.