Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andrew Norman transfer info?

Started by harrisburghog, August 01, 2007, 07:43:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig_Lebowski

Mr. Perfect, you strike me as a big fan of youth soccer.

Hogphilia

Quote from: CabotHog on August 01, 2007, 07:58:39 pm
Quote from: bkofkells on August 01, 2007, 07:54:36 pm
He's going to Tulsa after having a look at all the stud receivers coming in.

Ah, the first slam. I knew it wouldn't take long.

Amazing insn't it....And SO predictable.  ANYBODY who doesn't want to be part of the Nuttboy's Playhouse for whatever reason gets crucified.  "Oh he was no good anyway".  Well if he was no good anyway, why did Li'l Abner ever recruit him in the first place.  Funny how these guys are All-stars until they get fed up with Nutt's BS...then all of a sudden they are worthless.

Hogphilia

Quote from: FootballHog on August 01, 2007, 07:59:43 pm
I dont think this has anything to do with Nutt or the offense. I think it has to do with being the 4th best WR on the team and an upcoming recruiting class full of WR studs. But of course, this thread will probably be spun out of proportion.

Oh sorry, I forgot....Andrew Norman was worthless anyway, right?  That's the reason that he was so highly recruited.

Boog41

If it had been about the offense, wouldn't he have left after spring practice/spring semester?

Hogchick

Quote from: USC on August 01, 2007, 09:06:43 pm
Hmmm...  I wonder which side of the desk leaked this information to the pay boards.

Who cares?!

Good luck Andrew.  I wish you nothing, but the best.

351hog

Quote from: Boog41 on August 02, 2007, 07:07:47 am
If it had been about the offense, wouldn't he have left after spring practice/spring semester?

That is correct...why leave a week before practice starts?  why not leave back in the spring when he saw the offense, he could practicing with his new transfer team now.....the "its the offense" argument doesnt seem to hold water. 
I'm not judging Andrew as a player, but he asked for his transfer a week after we get committs from J.Wright and G.Childs...so the playing time issue does seem to make more sense here. 

Pig_Lebowski

Mitch went to USC even though they have Booty and Sanchez. Green went to USC even though they signed Joe McNight. Neither shied away from future competition.  Yet you are implying that NN is afraid to compete?

351hog

Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on August 02, 2007, 07:29:08 am
Mitch went to USC even though they have Booty and Sanchez. Green went to USC even though they signed Joe McNight. Neither shied away from future competition.  Yet you are implying that NN is afraid to compete?

Was Norman a 4-5 star player with offers from just about every bigtime school in the nation?  Not saying he is a bad player, b/c I dont think that...but I'm saying he is NOT on the same level as Mitch or Green. 
He was already behind the 8 ball b/c he was not going to burn anyone with his speed, but he has great hands.  But when you find yourself down the depth chart and there are more big time players on the way to the hill, then you might look at other options.  I'm not saying that is the case, but I can not say I don't blame him if it is.  I would transfer if I were in his place...the kid just wants to play.  You cannot fault him for that.

Mr. Hog

I dont think this has anything to do with Nutt or the offense. I think it has to do with being the 4th best WR on the team and an upcoming recruiting class full of WR studs. But of course, this thread will probably be spun out of proportion.

I don't think Norman is the 4th best he's better, i think he knows Nutt won't give him a chance and Norman was as good as Williams if you remember.
Go Hogs Go!

abraHAM_lincoln

Quote from: Mr. Hog on August 02, 2007, 07:49:19 am

I don't think Norman is the 4th best he's better, i think he knows Nutt won't give him a chance and Norman was as good as Williams if you remember.

Not to mention..the tension.  He and Mitch have been close friends since Junior High, and I am sure it won't be fun to have Houston "the 12 year old" Nutt and his band of Rejects spreading their vile rumors and backstabbing his friend in front of the players, not to mention looking over and see "lil sis" (T.P.) with that damn cowbell around her neck, roaming an grazing the sidelines during games.

TheHogFan

Quote from: TuckFexas on August 01, 2007, 08:58:48 pm
Quote from: hawgbawb on August 01, 2007, 08:50:20 pm
Did HDN promise something to him other than that he'd get a fair shot? Was he promised that they wouldn't recruit anymore receivers?  Is the player saying that he was mistreated, or are people just speculating? 

Players leave for greener pastures at colleges across the nation every week of the year. Sometimes it's the best for everyone.  I hope that is the case in this situation.

It doesn't strike you as odd that 3 highly touted recruits (a 5* and two 4*) have all transferred after their first year here? Why are the pastures greener away from the Hill? Why have there been whispers that other players are unhappy over the past few months? Is it a darksider conspiracy? Magic 8 ball says "no."
Who was te other 4* that you are referring to?

TheHogFan

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 01, 2007, 09:23:38 pm
Quote from: Beau McCastlain on August 01, 2007, 09:01:32 pm
  Guys don't let this thread get ugly. He's a kid making a decision he feels is best for his future. If you want to wish him luck....wish him luck.  If you don't care......don't post and don't feel obligated to tell us you do not care. If you still mad at HDN, go post in another thread. Do not hijack this thread...that goes for both sides!!!

Why should we have to post on another thread just if we are still mad at HDN, especially if we believe he is the reason Norman and a few others transferred?

That is just plain ridiculous.

How on God's green earth do you know that is the reason he is transferring? Maybe, jsut maybe he is transferring for more playing time. I know it is not a juicy conspiracy but it is most likely the truth.

If he was transferring bc of Nutt, why did he wait until now? Has Nutt changed since last season to make him think he should transfer? I doubt it, sounds like he has been the same old Nutt.

TuckFexas

Quote from: TheHogFan on August 02, 2007, 08:12:11 am
Did HDN promise something to him other than that he'd get a fair shot? Was he promised that they wouldn't recruit anymore receivers?  Is the player saying that he was mistreated, or are people just speculating? 

Players leave for greener pastures at colleges across the nation every week of the year. Sometimes it's the best for everyone.  I hope that is the case in this situation.

It doesn't strike you as odd that 3 highly touted recruits (a 5* and two 4*) have all transferred after their first year here? Why are the pastures greener away from the Hill? Why have there been whispers that other players are unhappy over the past few months? Is it a darksider conspiracy? Magic 8 ball says "no."

I thought Norman was a 4* as well, turns out he was just below a 4* w/ a 5.7 rating. Satisfied? He was rated the #49 receiver in the country, so he couldn't have been that good (is this what you're looking for?)
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

TheHogFan

Quote from: TuckFexas on August 02, 2007, 08:23:41 am
Quote from: TheHogFan on August 02, 2007, 08:12:11 am

I thought Norman was a 4* as well, turns out he was just below a 4* w/ a 5.7 rating. Satisfied? He was rated the #49 receiver in the country, so he couldn't have been that good (is this what you're looking for?)
Just wondering. Chill out brother.

japhog

Quote from: IronHog on August 01, 2007, 07:56:05 pm
Quote from: FootballHog on August 01, 2007, 07:49:54 pm
Why would he transfer a month before the season starts?

Childs                         XXCXX                                        Wright
                                     X                  Williams
                                     X

X

here are the rankings of the new wr recruits and of Andrew when he was signed.

Jarius Wright WR  5-11 180 4.4 Warren, AR **** 5.8 rr
Greg Childs WR  6-5 200 4.5 Warren, AR *** 5.6 rr
Cruz Williams WR  6-4 206 4.49 Little Rock, AR *** 5.6 rr
Chris Gragg WR  6-3 195 4.6 Warren, AR ** --

Andrew Norman WR  6-2 175 4.46 Springdale, AR *** 5.7 rr

according to his "Rivals Ranking" he would be second only to j wright, who may very well end up as a cb.  So i doubt he is leaving because of 2008 commits.

351hog

Quote from: japhog on August 02, 2007, 08:34:40 am

Childs                         XXCXX                                        Wright
                                     X

X

according to his "Rivals Ranking" he would be second only to j wright, who may very well end up as a cb.  So i doubt he is leaving because of 2008 commits.

You are comparing preseason evals to an end of season eval.  Its not the same.  Cruz and Childs will have a higher rating after the season.  And they are bigger and/or faster than Norman, so yes, I think the 2008 class committs could be one reason for leaving. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Boog41 on August 02, 2007, 07:07:47 am

No slam on anyone here, but I've seen a lot of "If it was _________, then why didn't he transfer at __________ time."

I know when my heart is involved, my mind hesitates.  He was the only one of the S5 to declare early for us.  He is a Razorback.  Isn't it possible that the offense, or HDN, or whatever the case may be was a problem that he had a hard time making his mind up about?  He's not a grizzled 35 year old that has been to 'Nam and back.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

311Hog

Quote from: 351hog on August 02, 2007, 09:14:14 am

Childs                         XXCXX                                        Wright
                                     X

X

You are comparing preseason evals to an end of season eval.  Its not the same.  Cruz and Childs will have a higher rating after the season.  And they are bigger and/or faster than Norman, so yes, I think the 2008 class committs could be one reason for leaving. 

How do you know for a fact that Cruz and Childs will have a higher rating after the season?

BartIV

Quote from: 311Hog on August 02, 2007, 11:19:35 am
Quote from: 351hog on August 02, 2007, 09:14:14 am

X

X

How do you know for a fact that Cruz and Childs will have a higher rating after the season?
Survey says, "no one really knows."

Morpheus

~YEP

BartIV

Quote from: Morpheus on August 02, 2007, 11:26:27 am

~YEP
He is gonig to Tulsa to play for a real football coach. 10-4 first year calling offensive plays in the SEC.  How many times did Houston Nutt win 10 games calling plays at Arkansas.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: BartIV on August 02, 2007, 11:27:24 am

~YEP
He is gonig to Tulsa to play for a real football coach. 10-4 first year calling offensive plays in the SEC.  How many times did Houston Nutt win 10 games calling plays at Arkansas.
I thought Nutt was calling the plays?
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

BartIV

Quote from: Yindao on August 02, 2007, 11:28:42 am

~YEP
Really we are both wrong. It is Frank Broyles calling all the plays and more.

H&D

So are you this lame in real life your just when your on Hogville?
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

the notorious P.I.G.

Quote from: CabotHog on August 01, 2007, 07:58:39 pm

Ah, the first slam. I knew it wouldn't take long.

Not a slam at all. He made a very wise decision. He was already at the bottom of this year's depth chart, with Salters, Wade, Crawford and co.

HedgeDweller

~YEP

There are lots of good coaches at the mid major and high school level.

~YEP

It depends on which way fits your argument the best.

BartIV

~YEP
Here is what it is.  Gus Malzahn was told he could put in his Hurry UP No Huddle if the Springdale kids came.  Everyone came and Houston Nutt handed Gus a play book with all of Nutts plays. Gus had to use this play book to call the plays. He went 10-4 as offensive coord.

Gus did better with Nutts play book, than Nutt could have ever done with it.  Nutts play book is Frank Broyles play book from the 1960's.

the notorious P.I.G.

X

X

People, recruiting stars don't mean @#%$!!! I'm sure he realized his PT was going to take a major hit next year. It wasn't like he was atop the depth chart this year anyways! Very smart move by AN and I wish him the best

311Hog

something else. call me crazy, but i would think that a WR with 1 year of college experience would be at least AS good as a WR that is a junior in highschool.

Silver Hog

Hope he comes back and scores 2 on Nutt when we play against him in a bowl someday.

BartIV

Quote from: swisshog on August 02, 2007, 11:44:15 am
Hope he comes back and scores 2 on Nutt when we play against him in a bowl someday.
I would pay $1000 dollars for a ticket to see a Arkansas-Tulsa matchup some day.  That would be great.

VentHog

Houston Nutt destroys Arkansas Football one player at a time.

TuckFexas

Quote from: the notorious P.I.G. on August 02, 2007, 11:42:29 am

X

X

People, recruiting stars don't mean @#%$!!! I'm sure he realized his PT was going to take a major hit next year. It wasn't like he was atop the depth chart this year anyways! Very smart move by AN and I wish him the best

That's why you see teams like USC-W, LSU, and Texas going after those coveted 2* recruits all the time because those rankings don't mean squat! Seriously, come on.
Famous quote.

BartIV

Quote from: VentHog on August 02, 2007, 11:51:21 am
Houston Nutt destroys Arkansas Football one player at a time.
Ben Cleveland is the next one on his radar or is it ra-tard.

Silver Hog

Quote from: BartIV on August 02, 2007, 11:47:36 am
I would pay $1000 dollars for a ticket to see a Arkansas-Tulsa matchup some day.  That would be great.

To watch Gus hand Herring and Nutt their respecitve behinds would be worth every penny.

BartIV

Quote from: swisshog on August 02, 2007, 11:53:52 am
Quote from: BartIV on August 02, 2007, 11:47:36 am

To watch Gus hand Herring and Nutt their respecitve behinds would be worth every penny.
Let Gus have a couple of years though so he can recruit and humiliate.  But most likely Houston will be coaching a pee-wee league team by then.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: 351hog on August 02, 2007, 07:48:13 am

Was Norman a 4-5 star player with offers from just about every bigtime school in the nation?  Not saying he is a bad player, b/c I dont think that...but I'm saying he is NOT on the same level as Mitch or Green. 
He was already behind the 8 ball b/c he was not going to burn anyone with his speed, but he has great hands.  But when you find yourself down the depth chart and there are more big time players on the way to the hill, then you might look at other options.  I'm not saying that is the case, but I can not say I don't blame him if it is.  I would transfer if I were in his place...the kid just wants to play.  You cannot fault him for that.

You obviously don't know much about AN because from everything I have heard and seen, the kid is very fast.  Are you making assumptions about him being a possession receiver because of his race?

351hog

Quote from: abostian on August 02, 2007, 01:27:14 pm

You obviously don't know much about AN because from everything I have heard and seen, the kid is very fast.  Are you making assumptions about him being a possession receiver because of his race?

Did you really just bring race into this?  Andrew is not fast....did you watch the spring game?  You are not fast when you cannot run past a 3rd string CB. 

TuckFexas

Quote from: 351hog on August 02, 2007, 02:58:19 pm

Did you really just bring race into this?  Andrew is not fast....did you watch the spring game?  You are not fast when you cannot run past a 3rd string CB. 

When did a 4.46 forty become slow???
Famous quote.

351hog

August 02, 2007, 03:02:29 pm #189 Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 03:12:28 pm by 351hog
Quote from: TuckFexas on August 02, 2007, 03:00:12 pm

Oh, rivals has him as that so its true?  You went and read about his 40 and assume it is true, good research work.  Did you think Otis would put him down as running a 4.6??  Scout has him as a 4.58....

BartIV

When Andrew Norman decided to leave.

TuckFexas

Quote from: 351hog on August 02, 2007, 03:02:29 pm

Oh, rivals has him as that so its true?  You went and read about his 40 and assume it is true, good research work.  Did you think Otis would put him down as running a 4.6??  Scout has him as a 4.58....

I'm sorry, were you out there with a stop watch? Why the frank did we recruit him to begin with if he sucked!?
Famous quote.

dman

the notorious P.I.G.

Quote from: TuckFexas on August 02, 2007, 11:52:01 am

X

X

That's why you see teams like USC-W, LSU, and Texas going after those coveted 2* recruits all the time because those rankings don't mean squat! Seriously, come on.

Obviously, AN sees the writing on the wall. These kids that are coming in are better than him. There is no shame in that. AN is a competitor and he wants to go somewhere to play. Why ride the pine here? It's not some huge conspiracy like you guys are making it out to be.

Mr. Hog

Dork has his i-net patrol hard at work today.
Go Hogs Go!

311Hog

Quote from: the notorious P.I.G. on August 02, 2007, 03:33:54 pm
Quote from: TuckFexas on August 02, 2007, 11:52:01 am

Childs                         XXCXX                                        Wright
                                     X

X

Obviously, AN sees the writing on the wall. These kids that are coming in are better than him. There is no shame in that. AN is a competitor and he wants to go somewhere to play. Why ride the pine here? It's not some huge conspiracy like you guys are making it out to be.

How are they better then him? how do you know that?

BartIV

I am hearing transfer to Kansas, Iowa, Mizzu and Tulsa.

PorkSoda

I don't understand why he is transferring unless for personal reasons, ie Nutt.  He will not get anymore exposure for the NFL at ASU, and he would be getting a better education at U of A.  It doesn't add up...
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

SuperHog

Quote from: PowderHawg on August 02, 2007, 03:39:40 pm
and he would be getting a better education at U of A.  It doesn't add up...

don't be so sure of that.  It would depend on what field of study he was planning to go into.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

351hog

Quote from: TuckFexas on August 02, 2007, 03:22:07 pm
Quote from: 351hog on August 02, 2007, 03:02:29 pm

I'm sorry, were you out there with a stop watch? Why the frank did we recruit him to begin with if he sucked!?

Dont need a stop watch to see him not run past 3rd sting DBs in the spring game.  Were you there watching??  If he runs a 4.4, then those db's we have on our 3rd team run 4.2's.