Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's Pelphrey up to

Started by Razorod, August 01, 2007, 10:59:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

recruiting wise? Anyone close to committing? Any new names? Official visits? I know everyone's fixated on FB recruiting right now, but that should be slowing down pretty soon. Might be a good time for a BB update.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Hollywood_HOGan45

August 01, 2007, 11:04:36 am #1 Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:13:13 am by Hollywood_HOGan45
no doubt.
Im jacked for the pelphrey era to get started.

J.A.Y.

Its funny that FB recruiting will be slowing down in August.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Realist

I know he is recruiting a North Carolina PG, a JUCO swing man from Florida, one or two guys from Chicago, and Clarence Trent.  But it is odd we hear very little

slopinhogs

what they don't know won't hurt them or pizz them off. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

SoTexHog

I just checked with some my acquaintances who live on the darkside.  He isn't doing good enough for them.  LOL!!

mbgrulz

Quote from: slopinhogs on August 01, 2007, 02:03:13 pm
what they don't know won't hurt them or pizz them off. :razorback:
excellent post. +1

notreseveredname

Quote from: J.A.Y. on August 01, 2007, 11:10:21 am
Its funny that FB recruiting will be slowing down in August.

Does it really ever slow down? 

Hawgballz

This young man may be Coach Pel's next commit (see link below).  He is a AAU teammate of Terrance Joyner and it seems that Mike Miller is really helping us in his recruitment.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=52004
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Foshodo

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 02, 2007, 07:29:56 pm
This young man may be Coach Pel's next commit (see link below).  He is a AAU teammate of Terrance Joyner and it seems that Mike Miller is really helping us in his recruitment.

Mike Miller? can you explain that any further or is it part of Rivals exclusive content? do you mean Mike Miller of the Grizzlies?

coach, my back hurts

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2007, 11:04:36 am
no doubt.
I jacked for the pelphrey era to get started.

I jacked earlier today too, but not to that.LOL!!!!

Razorhog2006q

August 02, 2007, 08:54:34 pm #11 Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 08:56:26 pm by Razorhog2006q
Quote from: Foshodo on August 02, 2007, 08:44:18 pm

Mike Miller? can you explain that any further or is it part of Rivals exclusive content? do you mean Mike Miller of the Grizzlies?

Here's a news article concerning Miller and Coach Pelphrey. It also contains some information on Terrico White.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/07/24/razorback_central/072407columndawson.txt

coach, my back hurts

Quote from: Razorhog2006q on August 02, 2007, 08:54:34 pm

Here's a news article concerning Miller and Coach Pelphrey. It also contains some information on Terrico White.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/07/24/razorback_central/072407columndawson.txt[/url]

Good read.  I hope Miller can help us out with some of the other Memphis products in the future.

Foshodo

Quote from: Razorhog2006q on August 02, 2007, 08:54:34 pm

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/07/24/razorback_central/072407columndawson.txt

thanks, i thought of the ties at florida but i didnt think they were that strong... good to read.

gohawgsgo

Good post!  Hope we nail him down soon!  He's a good one.

Hawgballz

Miller & Pel have strong ties and I don't know if this is part of rivals content or not because I do not have any membership to them.  This is a totally independent source.  Why does everyone think that all info flows through rivals?  I just use their prospect pages because they give a good quick view of a recruit.  This is just a tidbit that I was told while I was at a basketball camp this week.

ksrazorback

Has anyone heard anything lately about Rotnei Clark??

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=660574&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2farkansas.scout.com%2f2%2f660574.html
Sharpshooter Rotnei Clarke has Arkansas in his shortened down list ... UA coach John Pelphrey and Oklahoma star Rotnei Clarke impress each other...

:razorback:  U B Looking good in Razorback Red R C    :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

cardinalhawg

August 02, 2007, 11:51:23 pm #17 Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 12:12:50 am by cardinalhawg
The guys with interest in Arkansas on Rivals is ranked 49th and down.  It does not seem that we are in on very many inside guys, which we will need after this coming season.  Terrance Henry, Steve Tchienyang, and Stan Simpson appear to be the three highest rated inside guys considering the Hogs.  I have not heard anyone mention anything about Simpson, other that what I have read on his rivals bio.

Hawgballz

Quote from: cardinalhawg on August 02, 2007, 11:51:23 pm
The guys with interest in Arkansas on Rivals is ranked 49th and down.  It does not seem that we are in on very many inside guys, which we will need after this coming season.  Terrance Henry, Steve Tchienyang, and Stan Simpson appear to be the two highest rated inside guys considering the Hogs.  I have not heard anyone mention anything about Simpson, other that what I have read on his rivals bio.

I think there is a very good reason that we don't hear who Pel is going after ............................ he isn't telling anyone.

Foshodo

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 02, 2007, 09:57:33 pm

Miller & Pel have strong ties and I don't know if this is part of rivals content or not because I do not have any membership to them.  This is a totally independent source.  Why does everyone think that all info flows through rivals?  I just use their prospect pages because they give a good quick view of a recruit.  This is just a tidbit that I was told while I was at a basketball camp this week.

i was kinda thinking my comment might get misconstrued (SP?) as one of the wise-butt comments being made about copyright material lately... i honestly meant nothing by it though... i just saw the link to the guy from rivals and had heard or read nothing about the mike miller connection so i thought it was possibly the part of the story linked in the rivals profile that you have to join to read... thanks for the info and it makes sense now with the Mike Miller thing, i just didnt originally put the two together.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Foshodo on August 03, 2007, 08:10:28 am

i was kinda thinking my comment might get misconstrued (SP?) as one of the wise-butt comments being made about copyright material lately... i honestly meant nothing by it though... i just saw the link to the guy from rivals and had heard or read nothing about the mike miller connection so i thought it was possibly the part of the story linked in the rivals profile that you have to join to read... thanks for the info and it makes sense now with the Mike Miller thing, i just didnt originally put the two together.

You are alright, I am just a little touchy this week.  The coach telling me about Terrico White sounded as though he might commit fairly soon, but that does not mean anything because a kid can be close to committing and then go a completely different way the next week.  I just had not ever heard this kid's name mentioned so I thought I would bring it forward.  He is a high 3* player but I have never seen him play so I really don't know anything about him.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 03, 2007, 08:48:41 am

You are alright, I am just a little touchy this week.  The coach telling me about Terrico White sounded as though he might commit fairly soon, but that does not mean anything because a kid can be close to committing and then go a completely different way the next week.  I just had not ever heard this kid's name mentioned so I thought I would bring it forward.  He is a high 3* player but I have never seen him play so I really don't know anything about him.

Dudley's been talking about White and the Miller/Pelphrey connection for almost two weeks now...

Hawgballz

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 03, 2007, 09:15:49 am

Dudley's been talking about White and the Miller/Pelphrey connection for almost two weeks now...

Well maybe I have been under a rock, but I was really surprised when this coach told me he felt like White was about ready to commit and I didn't even know who the kid was (especially since he was a 3* from the Memphis Area).  Do Trey, Otis & Dudley all work for the same Rivals board?  Are they the WPS, Richard & Tomcat of the Rivals board?

JackJohnson

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 03, 2007, 11:16:35 am
Quote from: JackJohnson on August 03, 2007, 09:15:49 am

Well maybe I have been under a rock, but I was really surprised when this coach told me he felt like White was about ready to commit and I didn't even know who the kid was (especially since he was a 3* from the Memphis Area).  Do Trey, Otis & Dudley all work for the same Rivals board?  Are they the WPS, Richard & Tomcat of the Rivals board?

Dudley is at Scout, the others at rivals. 

From reading what they were saying about him, i think he will be a great get, if he does indeed commit to us...

RazorAg

Highly athletic player that averaged 20+ at his high school.  Just recently started playing for the M33M Ballers, which has provided him more exposure to big time programs.  From all reports, can put up points in a hurry in a variety of ways, including knocking down the 3 and dunking over people with his 42 in. vertical.

He intrigues me, and I'd be really happy with a commitment from him.  He would give us another big swing player that could guard multiple positions.

kibster

Quote from: RazorAg on August 03, 2007, 11:43:04 am

Highly athletic player that averaged 20+ at his high school.  Just recently started playing for the M33M Ballers, which has provided him more exposure to big time programs.  From all reports, can put up points in a hurry in a variety of ways, including knocking down the 3 and dunking over people with his 42 in. vertical.

He intrigues me, and I'd be really happy with a commitment from him.  He would give us another big swing player that could guard multiple positions.

I would be very excited if we got him.   Right now I think I would be excited just getting another to commit.   It has just been too quiet....
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

snf6278

I look at Pel's first class much like NR and ES's first classes,( I won't put SH in this because his situation was unfortunately different) I think the first year will be players that may not be blue chippers but can fit his system and as he gains some success over the year The recruit's will take notice. I think we will truly see his first big class in his third year, maybe his second but I feel his third will be the beginning of some great classes. Keep in mind I'm not counting this last class as his first because of the short period of time he had and he still got some good players. I'm just ready for the season to get here.

hogsmaster

With us having so many seniors this year, this year class is so important because it will impact the next 2-3 years.  We have so many areas of need but none more than post players.  If Pel even landed just one stud inside scorer/rebounder in this class and surrounded him with some role players, I think we will be fine for the next couple of years.

jackflash

I think he going to have a good class because of the playing time and he going to run. Think it will be a different class than we are use to, guards and swingman will be able to shoot better from the outside, big men may be in the 6-9, 6-10 range who can play his style of ball with a little more shooting range.

slopinhogs

he's six five and a shooter that hung 50 on one of his high school opponet teams.he has all the moves and tools to help a lot. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Razorback Pastor

when does Basketball preseason start?

hawgtime

right after we loose our first FB game.

Wild Bill Hog

Ron Crawford seemed more than a little concerned about the recruiting when he was on DTS last week.  Says Pel will be forced to go the JUCO route for at least 2 players (probably big men).  He said commitments by a lot of the top 100 have already been made and the field is pretty narrow now.  Says you can't win big in the SEC without top 100 players and so far AR is not doing well in getting these.  Kinda worried me.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: donewithdale on August 06, 2007, 11:49:49 am
Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 06, 2007, 11:23:09 am
Ron Crawford seemed more than a little concerned about the recruiting when he was on DTS last week.  Says Pel will be forced to go the JUCO route for at least 2 players (probably big men).  He said commitments by a lot of the top 100 have already been made and the field is pretty narrow now.  Says you can't win big in the SEC without top 100 players and so far AR is not doing well in getting these.  Kinda worried me.

Ron Crawford is mad that Doc Sadler wasn't seriously considered for job.  Don't listen to anything he says in regards to Pelphrey.

Kinda hate to hear that since he was talking about how hard Pelphrey and his staff were working and how much time they were spending on the road and at AAU Tournaments.  RC also talked about how impressed with and complimentary of AR HS basketball Pel was.  Are you saying he was lying?

Hawgballz

Quote from: donewithdale on August 06, 2007, 12:11:37 pm
Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 06, 2007, 12:09:33 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on August 06, 2007, 11:49:49 am
Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 06, 2007, 11:23:09 am

Ron Crawford is mad that Doc Sadler wasn't seriously considered for job.  Don't listen to anything he says in regards to Pelphrey.

Kinda hate to hear that since he was talking about how hard Pelphrey and his staff were working and how much time they were spending on the road and at AAU Tournaments.  RC also talked about how impressed with and complimentary of AR HS basketball Pel was.  Are you saying he was lying?

I'm saying Ron Crawford was vocally bitter about Doc Sadler not being considered and I would remember that when he comments on anything JP does.

Agree, RC should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Realist

Just got a text from Keith Ramsey, says he will be taking his visit September 22nd. 
I believe it is interesting how little we hear of Pelphrey's recruiting but I know he is out there and clearly setting things up

gohawgsgo

Quote from: Realist on August 07, 2007, 02:58:49 pm
Just got a text from Keith Ramsey, says he will be taking his visit September 22nd. 
I believe it is interesting how little we hear of Pelphrey's recruiting but I know he is out there and clearly setting things up

I'd like to get a JC player or two since we are so SR heavy next season, but don't want to overload on them.  Ramsey would be a good get though.  I wish we could nail him down early.

Realist

I have a feeling we will get him.  I keep telling him he will be treated like royalty if he comes, and get to play right away. 
I know Richard tried to get an interview with him but Okaloosa Walton coach never called back.  And he does have more offers than his rivals list shows, he just doesn't care to tell media about recruiting ha

Razorod

Quote from: Realist on August 07, 2007, 02:58:49 pm
Maybe Pel wants to take a low key approach until he gets a little more established. I also believe a lot of coaches don't like anybody knowing their business when it comes to recruiting. Some may just be better at keeping a tight lip.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.