Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So you think that Oklahoma fans are laughing at US????????

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 01, 2007, 07:35:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigPusher

August 01, 2007, 09:33:42 am #50 Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 09:37:17 am by PigPusher
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 07:35:34 am
Having moved back over here in Oklahoma, I was listening to 1430 AM The Buzz out of Tulsa the other day and they were replaying some of Nutt's quotes on air from various venues where he has had the occasion to be taped. They WERE NOT laughing at us, they were in fact, laughing at him. In fact they even made the remark, "he is such a joke". They even brought up the fact that he has a tendency at times when he is speaking, to use an intonation in his voice where he sounds like some old time evangelical preacher(the Right Reverend Houston Nutt). I loved it when they dwelled on his use of the superlative, "special"(it's special, he's special, that's special, they are special) and laughed about it. I wondered at the time if Nutt had been an English major and was trying to conjugate a new verb.

I know many of you will say that you could care less what anyone in Oklahoma thinks, but I wanted you to know that not everyone(as it has been incorrectly portrayed at times on here by certain posters) is laughing at us. I think they are actually finally getting clued in and laughing with us.

While I wouldn't debate that happening I will say from living in Tulsa for 35 years that it is rare.  Most of the people one talks to have a lot of respect for the Hogs.  The simpletons don't of course, but they don't really have respect for anyone.

But as far as Nutt goes he makes it easy for them.

In the past I have been quite critical of the lack of Hog coverage by the World. I would now say they are doing a lot better and it seems to be related to our increased recruiting efforts over here.

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

UhOhioHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 07:49:30 am
Quote from: BigDPiggie on August 01, 2007, 07:44:23 am
I guess Oklahoma has nothing better to do.  

I think we should be happy that interest in the Hogs is shared in adjoining states. Tulsa stations actually DO report on the Hogs because of our regional relationship to them and one of the largest Arkansas fan bases outside the state(if not the largest), is located in Tulsa.

I'm glad to know there are many Hog fans in Tulsa, but, I seriously doubt their are more there than in Dallas.  Don't you know everything is bigger in Texas?  (Heavy Sarcasm intended)

Hawgon

QuoteWhile I wouldn't debate that happening I will say from living in Tulsa for 35 years that it is rare.  Most of the people one talks to have a lot of respect for the Hogs.  The simpletons don't of course, but they don't really have respect for anyone.

but that i

What does making fun of Nutt have to do with "respecting Arkansas"?  Most of the people who wonder why we hate Nutt are the ones who have no respect for Arkansas and think that we should be happy with the clown because he manages to win 7 games or so a year.  The ones who know the real deal are the ones who see how big of a joke he really is.

rdizzle

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 09:17:50 am
Quote from: VANVONDENBURGH on August 01, 2007, 09:15:33 am
Let them laugh it up...maybe it will ease the pain of living there.

So apparently you didn't read the thread? They AREN'T laughing at us.

Apparently you didn't read his post.  He said "let them laugh it up".  He  didn't say anything about them laughing at us.

PigPusher

Quote from: Hawgon on August 01, 2007, 09:36:15 am
QuoteWhile I wouldn't debate that happening I will say from living in Tulsa for 35 years that it is rare.  Most of the people one talks to have a lot of respect for the Hogs.  The simpletons don't of course, but they don't really have respect for anyone.

What does making fun of Nutt have to do with "respecting Arkansas"?  Most of the people who wonder why we hate Nutt are the ones who have no respect for Arkansas and think that we should be happy with the clown because he manages to win 7 games or so a year.  The ones who know the real deal are the ones who see how big of a joke he really is.

It was because Muskogee use the term, "(Them) laughing at us."  I took that to mean we as in Arkansas.  No biggy either way really as the typical Oklahoman has mostly positive things to say about us.  They probably are okay with Nutt also but it is just fun to make light of him.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

arklahoman36

Quote from: PigPusher on August 01, 2007, 09:33:42 am
Having moved back over here in Oklahoma, I was listening to 1430 AM The Buzz out of Tulsa the other day and they were replaying some of Nutt's quotes on air from various venues where he has had the occasion to be taped. They WERE NOT laughing at us, they were in fact, laughing at him. In fact they even made the remark, "he is such a joke". They even brought up the fact that he has a tendency at times when he is speaking, to use an intonation in his voice where he sounds like some old time evangelical preacher(the Right Reverend Houston Nutt). I loved it when they dwelled on his use of the superlative, "special"(it's special, he's special, that's special, they are special) and laughed about it. I wondered at the time if Nutt had been an English major and was trying to conjugate a new verb.

I know many of you will say that you could care less what anyone in Oklahoma thinks, but I wanted you to know that not everyone(as it has been incorrectly portrayed at times on here by certain posters) is laughing at us. I think they are actually finally getting clued in and laughing with us.

While I wouldn't debate that happening I will say from living in Tulsa for 35 years that it is rare.  Most of the people one talks to have a lot of respect for the Hogs.  The simpletons don't of course, but they don't really have respect for anyone.

But as far as Nutt goes he makes it easy for them.

In the past I have been quite critical of the lack of Hog coverage by the World. I would now say they are doing a lot better and it seems to be related to our increased recruiting efforts over here.

I think the Tulsa World has always done a decent job of covering Arkansas football, considering it is an out-of-state school, and they have three D-I teams they cover in the state, as well as several D-II and JUCO they at least given some minimal face time. I do agree the amount of Hog coverage has increased.

PigPusher

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on August 01, 2007, 09:23:01 am
Quote from: Hawgon on August 01, 2007, 08:28:14 am
Man, what I wouldn't give for a real coach like Stoops, even if he is an *******.

I have really grown to like and respect Stoops.  He doesn't make excuses or act like a buffoon on the sidelines and he certainly doesn't knock the band director out of the way to lead the student section in the OU fight song.  I can't imagine Stoops ever flashing his Big 12 runner-up ring and tell everyone how hard they are to get like the Dork Jester did.  Look everbody, Look at me.  These rings are hard to come by and I have one.  See. See.  Look what I have.  These are precious and special.

Also, can you imagine Stoops, or for that matter any mature head coach saying something like this.  When people attack Coach Nutt (Nutt speaking in third person) the players feel that are attacking them.  Only in his mind. 

I have grown to feel in a similar way about Stoops. He is a good leader.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: okiehawg on August 01, 2007, 09:25:39 am

I listen to the Sports Animal all the time.  First off, I believe I have heard some of them say before that they don't think that Nutt is the best coach, but all they ever rag on is the fans.  When Arkansas comes up, which is rarely, they talk about how crazy the fans are over here and how in their opinion they are ruining the program. 

Just what I've heard though, so don't shoot the messanger.

Well you are right about the Sports Animal. First, it is an Okla City based station and Al Jerkens(mid day) would say anything he was paid to say and it is obvious from what he says, that he has done little investigative journalism into the Arkansas situation. I like Al Jerkens, but he is wayyyyy off base on the Arkansas situation. Plus, he is partnered with Pat Jones(who I also like) but he and the Nutt Meister are old friends and Pat would defend Nutt if he was involved in a DUI hit and run. That is just how Pat Jones is so he is always going to lean towards favoring Nutt and Jerkens isn't going to drive a wedge between he and his partner by taking an opposing side. The afternoon guys are no better. Jim Traber is an idiot and his partner Eschbach is another idiot as well. 2 idiots doing broadcast sports radio.....nothing new.......they compliment each other.

1430 The Buzz is a different station and because they are in Tulsa and closely connected to Arkansas, they have a better take on what goes on over here and there is a pretty huge interest out of Tulsa in regard to Razorback football. I would love to see the Arkansas-Tulsa series renewed with home-away-home to start. Always loved that game. 1430 am has a far better view of what is happening over here and, they actually care. The Sports Animal 91.7 fm, is consumed with OU and OSU.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: TexasHogfan on August 01, 2007, 09:35:55 am
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 07:49:30 am
Quote from: BigDPiggie on August 01, 2007, 07:44:23 am
I guess Oklahoma has nothing better to do.  

I think we should be happy that interest in the Hogs is shared in adjoining states. Tulsa stations actually DO report on the Hogs because of our regional relationship to them and one of the largest Arkansas fan bases outside the state(if not the largest), is located in Tulsa.

I'm glad to know there are many Hog fans in Tulsa, but, I seriously doubt their are more there than in Dallas.  Don't you know everything is bigger in Texas?  (Heavy Sarcasm intended)

Including self promoting imaginations. :)
Go Hogs Go!

gjohnson80

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 09:07:52 am
Quote from: phead903 on August 01, 2007, 08:58:16 am

Muskogee, Oklahoma is not far enough South.  Don't you know that the further South you go the more people love and respect our Dork Jester.  If you don't believe it just ask him.   

Yeah - Nutt is huge in Durant!

WOW! That says a lot. :) I think anyone could be huge in Durant.
[/quote]

Durant does have a really big sculpture of a peanut.   ;D

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on August 01, 2007, 09:23:01 am
Quote from: Hawgon on August 01, 2007, 08:28:14 am
Man, what I wouldn't give for a real coach like Stoops, even if he is an *******.

I have really grown to like and respect Stoops.  He doesn't make excuses or act like a buffoon on the sidelines and he certainly doesn't knock the band director out of the way to lead the student section in the OU fight song.  I can't imagine Stoops ever flashing his Big 12 runner-up ring and tell everyone how hard they are to get like the Dork Jester did.  Look everbody, Look at me.  These rings are hard to come by and I have one.  See. See.  Look what I have.  These are precious and special.

Also, can you imagine Stoops, or for that matter any mature head coach saying something like this.  When people attack Coach Nutt (Nutt speaking in third person) the players feel that are attacking them.  Only in his mind. 

You sir, are correct.
Go Hogs Go!

PigPusher

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 09:49:06 am

I listen to the Sports Animal all the time.  First off, I believe I have heard some of them say before that they don't think that Nutt is the best coach, but all they ever rag on is the fans.  When Arkansas comes up, which is rarely, they talk about how crazy the fans are over here and how in their opinion they are ruining the program. 

Well you are right about the Sports Animal. First, it is an Okla City based station and Al Jerkens(mid day) would say anything he was paid to say and it is obvious from what he says, that he has done little investigative journalism into the Arkansas situation. I like Al Jerkens, but he is wayyyyy off base on the Arkansas situation. Plus, he is partnered with Pat Jones(who I also like) but he and the Nutt Meister are old friends and Pat would defend Nutt if he was involved in a DUI hit and run. That is just how Pat Jones is so he is always going to lean towards favoring Nutt and Jerkens isn't going to drive a wedge between he and his partner by taking an opposing side. The afternoon guys are no better. Jim Traber is an idiot and his partner Eschbach is another idiot as well. 2 idiots doing broadcast sports radio.....nothing new.......they compliment each other.

1430 The Buzz is a different station and because they are in Tulsa and closely connected to Arkansas, they have a better take on what goes on over here and there is a pretty huge interest out of Tulsa in regard to Razorback football. I would love to see the Arkansas-Tulsa series renewed with home-away-home to start. Always loved that game. 1430 am has a far better view of what is happening over here and, they actually care. The Sports Animal 91.7 fm, is consumed with OU and OSU.

Well said.

arklahoman36

Pat Jones does offer some interesting insight, having coach at the college and NFL level, but I agree, he is connected to HDN at the hip and believe he can do no wrong.

But I do listen to the Sports Animal regularly, and hear more complimentary things about Arkansas than anything bad.

I know this won't win me any fans, but the perception problem outside of Arkansas with the Arkansas fans, isn't just lack of information, it's also a vocal group that go over the edge sometimes, seeing conspiracies everywhere and who scream the loudest.

Traber is an idiot, trading off a half-a$$ pro baseball career. Eschbach isn't quite as bad when he's had his Lithium and isn't yakking it up with Traber.

Hawgon

Traber an Nutt are buddies as well.  Traber was the starting QB at OSU and Nutt was his back-up.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hawgon on August 01, 2007, 09:59:12 am
Traber an Nutt are buddies as well.  Traber was the starting QB at OSU and Nutt was his back-up.

BINGO! There's the connection I didn't realize and that says a lot.
Go Hogs Go!

Ish O

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 08:45:07 am
Quote from: maximus on August 01, 2007, 08:38:19 am
bob stoops!!! good?  okay look at the big twelve, wow real intimidating.  who cares, what state is oklahoma in anyway?  

OK, forget Stoops. How about this........7 National Championships and we have how many? 1(mythical) NC. Nuff said. Thinkk about what you are saying before you put it into writing, unless of course, you are just being cynical.

I bet you have some sooner gear in your house. Also, our Nat'l title is not mythical. How many teams were undefeated in 1964. Only the Hogs the TRUE Nat'l champs that year.

slopinhogs

i'm not laughing anymore ,but i do feel like crying. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

biggiepiggie

Quote from: Ish O on August 01, 2007, 08:13:10 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2007, 08:09:23 am
Quote from: Ish O on August 01, 2007, 08:03:21 am
I wonder if Stoops has ever been made fun of in Arkansas? I bet not because people in Oklahoma are cooler than us.
No
its because Stoops is a good coach and has actually done something in his profession unlike nuttjob.

Typical response. Another shocker. I guess if you were a sooner fan you'd be thrilled with probation and giving up all your wins from 05?
I'd give up our wins for 05, they were so few. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Ish O on August 01, 2007, 10:01:01 am
bob stoops!!! good?  okay look at the big twelve, wow real intimidating.  who cares, what state is oklahoma in anyway?  

OK, forget Stoops. How about this........7 National Championships and we have how many? 1(mythical) NC. Nuff said. Thinkk about what you are saying before you put it into writing, unless of course, you are just being cynical.

I bet you have some sooner gear in your house. Also, our Nat'l title is not mythical. How many teams were undefeated in 1964. Only the Hogs the TRUE Nat'l champs that year.

It was mythical, it was shared by three other teams.
Go Hogs Go!

Hollywood_HOGan45

its only the truth
They are more dedicated to winning than we are at the moment.

Why dont you call up ol houston and give him some tips on special teams play?
Maybe you have a little eligibility left and could kick FGs for us again.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 10:36:40 am

It was mythical, it was shared by three other teams.

that was before they decided the champion after the bowl games.
The year after we went undefeated is when they decided the champion after the bowl games.

So i agree that our title was and still is legit. We were the only undefeated team that year.

As good as ou is, at least we didnt have to go on probation after our championship.

parrishw

We won 4 more games than OU in 2005.
[/quote]

I laughed so hard at this I had a coughing fit.

Tell me...............how many of our non-conference opponents were DIV One????

HOG RED UMP

Quote from: BigDPiggie on August 01, 2007, 07:47:19 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2007, 07:45:13 am

the guys at am1430 actually have a clue. Their boss is also a HUGE arkansas fan. So apparantly he doesnt mind them raggin on houston nutt.

Chris Plank went so far as to call nutt a liar. Plank: "C'mon, you have over a thousand text messages to some hot news anchor. Something is going on there. Frankly I think he's a bit of a liar. He needs to ride the McFadden train to the Citrus Bowl or Cotton bowl and then get the heck out of dodge. Its time for this arkansas program to have some new blood in the head coaching position and the athletic director position."

It was such a breath of fresh air. Couldnt believe what i was hearing.

Got to love that. So, does talk radio in Arkansas have the cajones to make such statements?

sure they do..........we have been making fun of tulsa football for decades............
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

arklahoman36

Quote from: HOG RED UMP on August 01, 2007, 10:51:18 am
Quote from: BigDPiggie on August 01, 2007, 07:47:19 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2007, 07:45:13 am

the guys at am1430 actually have a clue. Their boss is also a HUGE arkansas fan. So apparantly he doesnt mind them raggin on houston nutt.

Chris Plank went so far as to call nutt a liar. Plank: "C'mon, you have over a thousand text messages to some hot news anchor. Something is going on there. Frankly I think he's a bit of a liar. He needs to ride the McFadden train to the Citrus Bowl or Cotton bowl and then get the heck out of dodge. Its time for this arkansas program to have some new blood in the head coaching position and the athletic director position."

It was such a breath of fresh air. Couldnt believe what i was hearing.

Got to love that. So, does talk radio in Arkansas have the cajones to make such statements?

sure they do..........we have been making fun of tulsa football for decades............

Yea, but Okla radio will also take shots at Stoops. Not so much at Gundy, but Gundy and OSU are still a non-factor right now. It'll take em a couple more years to recover from Les Miles. Miles improved OSU to a degree, but left it in bad shape when he bolted -- I expect the mistakes he made at OSU to be repeated at LSU, and he'll get run out on a rail there in a few years.

Oliver

I have lived in Norman, OK for 10 years now.  I have watched college football on the weekend religiously with my friends (most of them happen to be Sooner fans).  They ALL cannot believe how any school could keep such moron like HDN as a head coach.  It's almost become a running joke here ...they will say things to me like, "Maybe this will be the year he's finally gone."  They will probably throw a party for me in happiness if he ever does leave.

doo-ran

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on August 01, 2007, 07:42:22 am
I would comment on this but a lot of huggers can't take a joke and I will get smited.
Why in hades are you worried? Mr. +1314/-86? :)
+1

Mr. Hog

Quote from: MikeThrel on August 01, 2007, 08:05:43 am
Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on August 01, 2007, 07:42:22 am
I would comment on this but a lot of huggers can't take a joke and I will get smited.

I smited you just because you were worried about being smited.......   ;D

Now thats funny, +1 to you sir !
Go Hogs Go!

RedSatinHog

I work with several Oklahoma fans, and they all believe Houston Dale Nutt is a joke for a football coach.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

RedSatinHog

Quote from: Karma on August 01, 2007, 09:01:26 am

We won 4 more games than OU in 2005.

Is that the latest "moral victory" we're supposed to cling to out of love for the program?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

August 01, 2007, 12:15:04 pm #79 Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 12:21:27 pm by SooiecidetillNuttgone
Quote from: BamaHamr on August 01, 2007, 09:24:41 am
I've been reading yall's board for a while and finally decided to post.  
1st let me say I think yall have a great board here, lots of folks with passion, pride, and knowledge.

that being said I've always like the Hogs and pull for yall when not playing BAMA.

I've kinda been on the fence with Nutt until last week, when I heard his interview and saw him "show off" a ring that represented a loss in the SECCG and a loss in a bowl game I lost it..... no offense guys but everyone I know au,lsu,tenn, fans that saw that all felt it spoke volumes about Nutt's mindset..

kinda like he was saying "hey yall look at this...... we've been to the mountain top and could actually see the promised land.... we know we won't ever actually get there  but at least we saw it...." don't except this crap yall..... if LSU can do it.... then so can yall.

Glad to see your post.  It's always good to get some insight from other fan bases.  For years, Alabama and UA have been knocking heads with one program being up one year, while the other one might be down.  Well let me say to you, we're still only getting glances of the promised land as you put it, but you'll be pulling up tents and traveling there before long.  Congratulations on doing something our GOB system will never do:  1) Pay big dollars for a coach and 2) Hire a coach that can't be controlled by the AD or another member of the GOB system.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on August 01, 2007, 11:57:16 am
I work with several Oklahoma fans, and they all believe Houston Dale Nutt is a joke for a football coach.
any other fan that had any sense and has followed our program believes nutt is a freakin joke.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2007, 12:16:54 pm
any other fan that had any sense and has followed our program believes nutt is a freakin joke.

Yeah, the rest of the CFB fans I run into think we're bush league.  So long as HDN is our coach, they're correct.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Oliver Miller on August 01, 2007, 11:18:45 am

I have lived in Norman, OK for 10 years now.  I have watched college football on the weekend religiously with my friends (most of them happen to be Sooner fans).  They ALL cannot believe how any school could keep such moron like HDN as a head coach.  It's almost become a running joke here ...they will say things to me like, "Maybe this will be the year he's finally gone."  They will probably throw a party for me in happiness if he ever does leave.

Now that's a funny, unintentional pun.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

RedSatinHog

Quote from: BamaHamr on August 01, 2007, 09:24:41 am
I've been reading yall's board for a while and finally decided to post.  
1st let me say I think yall have a great board here, lots of folks with passion, pride, and knowledge.

that being said I've always like the Hogs and pull for yall when not playing BAMA.

I've kinda been on the fence with Nutt until last week, when I heard his interview and saw him "show off" a ring that represented a loss in the SECCG and a loss in a bowl game I lost it..... no offense guys but everyone I know au,lsu,tenn, fans that saw that all felt it spoke volumes about Nutt's mindset..

kinda like he was saying "hey yall look at this...... we've been to the mountain top and could actually see the promised land.... we know we won't ever actually get there  but at least we saw it...." don't except this crap yall..... if LSU can do it.... then so can yall.

+1

You are spot-on my friend, and welcome to the forums.

There's a guy on a waterfowl forum I post on regularly who just flatly admitted that he'd be tickled silly over back-to-back trips to the Peach Bowl.  He said basically the same nonsense Frank Broyles said in Dallas--we'd never be able to recruit well enough to be higher than 7th or eight in the SEC. 

That's what you'll run into with the resident Nutt Huggers around here.  Memories of losses to schools like SMU and The Citadel burn too brightly in their mind.  They're content to go .500 in the SEC on a regular basis, play in the Weedeater or Country Music Hall of Fame bowls, and go on and on about how great it was to do so.

gohawgsgo

Quote from: Hawgon on August 01, 2007, 08:14:13 am
Wow, what a shocker. An Okie radio show making fun of Arkansas's Head Coach. I wonder if Stoops has ever been made fun of in Arkansas? I bet not because people in Oklahoma are cooler than us.

Stoops may have been cussed, but there is not a whole hell of a lot about Stoops that anyone could make fun of. 

Like getting his program on probation and forfeiting an entire season.  Like getting embarassed like we did versus USC in the NC game.  The BigXII stinks.  Our two bowl wins lately are versus the big 12.  Might work on defending the freakin' statue of liberty and letting a mid-major beat him last year in another BCS bowl.  Oh to be in the Big XII.  He has lossed to both Ole Piss and LSU in bowl games right off the top of my head.  He's a very good coach, but plenty to make fun of too.

dayofthehawg1

i was listening to 680 the fan, out of atlanta, Georgia yesterday.  text messaging was brought up, soon after a bashing of nutt about his text messaging, followed by a bashing of nutt and ms bragg.   it was the worse abuse id heard the nuttster take.  they only stayed on it for a minute as the hot topic was the trade deadline.  however, funny, it was beyond funny.  nutt is the joke, not the fans.

Ish O

And that's supposed to mean what coming from Okla fans? Who cares what they think? I guess you.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: gohawgsgo on August 01, 2007, 12:30:43 pm
Quote from: Hawgon on August 01, 2007, 08:14:13 am
Wow, what a shocker. An Okie radio show making fun of Arkansas's Head Coach. I wonder if Stoops has ever been made fun of in Arkansas? I bet not because people in Oklahoma are cooler than us.

Stoops may have been cussed, but there is not a whole hell of a lot about Stoops that anyone could make fun of. 

Like getting his program on probation and forfeiting an entire season.  Like getting embarassed like we did versus USC in the NC game.  The BigXII stinks.  Our two bowl wins lately are versus the big 12.  Might work on defending the freakin' statue of liberty and letting a mid-major beat him last year in another BCS bowl.  Oh to be in the Big XII.  He has lossed to both Ole Piss and LSU in bowl games right off the top of my head.  He's a very good coach, but plenty to make fun of too.

So let's see, because someone brought up Bob Stoops, suddenly we change the subject matter to him instaed of sticking with the topic of the original thread, which was what was being said about OUR Head Coach? Mr. back to back SEC losses every year for the last nine years? Bob Stoops had nothing to do with the original thread, let's not confuse the issue. You may be an Hogs fan and if you are, then that is fine, I can see why you are so over-the-top reactive and wanting to rail on a program that has been more successful than ours over the same period of time that Nutt has been here, regardless of what conference they are in. And if you want something to really tick you off about them, count their National Championships to ours.....7-1?

Get back to the subject of the thread and that was Nutt being finally recognized to be the bonehead he is by the media outside the state of Arkansas, in Oklahoma.
Go Hogs Go!

arklahoman36

Quote from: Ish O on August 01, 2007, 01:17:04 pm

And that's supposed to mean what coming from Okla fans? Who cares what they think? I guess you.

I think more Hog fans worry about what people outside of the state think of they will admit, otherwise there wouldn't threads on here about -- look at what people in (name the state) are saying about the Hogs -- and Hogs fans wouldn't try to create enemies or rivalries where none exist.

BartIV

Quote from: arklahoman36 on August 01, 2007, 01:41:39 pm

I think more Hog fans worry about what people outside of the state think of they will admit, otherwise there wouldn't threads on here about -- look at what people in (name the state) are saying about the Hogs -- and Hogs fans wouldn't try to create enemies or rivalries where none exist.
Every college likes to look good outside of their own state and you want people talking about the UofA in other states, but you hope for positive talk. Because we also recruit in those other states, so we need to care what they think about us.
Recruiting is the key to any program, we need out of state schools looking at us and getting a positive feel out of the UofA.  I think D-Mac will help a lot in that area this year.

Cartoon Man

That's special. Won't you be my neighbor? Nutt should replace Mr. Rogers. Now kids this is special.LOL.

hydrophonic

I listen to 1430's afternoon show almost everyday.  It's a fun show.  Not only are the guys objective about the Hogs, they are objective about their own favorite teams too.  Poplin is an OU season ticket holder, but he will get on them just as quick as anybody.

It's WAY different than what I remember about sports talk radio in Little Rock.

MHF - if you're referring to the day they played the "these are hard to get" audio, that was me that called in to rant right after.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Coondog Hog

Why should Hog fans care who the citezens of the arm pit of our great union are laughing at.  They can laugh at me they, can laugh at Nutt I don't care.  Besides they do need something to talk about while shopping for new teeth at the flea market out there.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

okiehawg

I agree with what you are saying about Pat Jones.  I do however love listening to Traber and Eschback though haha!  They crack me up.  I think it is crazy that the Animal is the number 1 rated sports talk radio station in the nation.  With it being in Oklahoma, I guess they don't have a lot of competition.

RedSatinHog

When I have to work with them every day of my life, you're darn skippy I care what they think.

But you know what?  THEY'RE RIGHT!!!  HDN IS A LOUSY EXCUSE FOR A COACH!!!!

RedSatinHog

Quote from: Coondog Hog on August 01, 2007, 03:08:49 pm

Why should Hog fans care who the citezens of the arm pit of our great union are laughing at.  They can laugh at me they, can laugh at Nutt I don't care.  Besides they do need something to talk about while shopping for new teeth at the flea market out there.

Armpit of our great union?  We're not talking about New Mexico here.

Hogphilia

You are right Muskogee....Sapulpa here...

did you hear Plank's show last Friday (I think) where they were saying what a Liar Li'l Abner is and how he just needs to move on if he really cares about the future of the program? 

People are really starting to catch on to this man's non-existent concsience and hyposcrisy.  Also they are starting to recognize his ability to re-write history in his own mind.

Hogphilia

What??  I have never heard an Arkansas coach being made fun of on radio in my 50 years other than Houston (Li'l Abner) Nutt.  He holds that singular honor.  So don't make this out to be just an ordinary occurrence of an "Okie" station trying to make fun of Arkansas' so-called Coach. 

And further, there is no need to make fun of Bob Stoops.  He may be arrogant but he runs an honest program that treats people right and he deals with issues HARSHLY when they arise.  He is also not a bumbling buffoon or court jester. 

Now stay with me on this....could you actually see in your minds eye for one second Bob Stoops racing up a band leader's ladder and leading the band in the fight song slinging his arms like a squirrel on speed?  Or how about Joe Pa running down the sidelines holstering his "guns" after a big play?  Surely you have to know that we at Arkansas have a very "unique" embarrassing troll for a Head Coach.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogphilia on August 01, 2007, 06:40:45 pm

What??  I have never heard an Arkansas coach being made fun of on radio in my 50 years other than Houston (Li'l Abner) Nutt.  He holds that singular honor.  So don't make this out to be just an ordinary occurrence of an "Okie" station trying to make fun of Arkansas' so-called Coach. 

And further, there is no need to make fun of Bob Stoops.  He may be arrogant but he runs an honest program that treats people right and he deals with issues HARSHLY when they arise.  He is also not a bumbling buffoon or court jester. 

Now stay with me on this....could you actually see in your minds eye for one second Bob Stoops racing up a band leader's ladder and leading the band in the fight song slinging his arms like a squirrel on speed?  Or how about Joe Pa running down the sidelines holstering his "guns" after a big play?  Surely you have to know that we at Arkansas have a very "unique" embarrassing troll for a Head Coach.

Ha, ha........all true.......+5 to the 10th power.
Go Hogs Go!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Hogphilia on August 01, 2007, 06:40:45 pm

No other successful coach and maybe no other coach period has acted like this goof ball we have right now.

Nolan may have called some of the fans turds and a-holes but at least the man went to 3 FFs and won us a national title.

All this idiot has is.......one division title in 9 seasons. woopty doo.

I havent for the life of me figured out why some people support that idiot.