Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This recruiting class is no better than Nutt's last 6--and no Texas recruits

Started by silvertip, July 31, 2007, 09:54:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.Y.

Ol 'Tip is the last person I would ever worry about.

He has never won as much as a Tecmo Bowl Championship, so I find it freakin' hilarious that he should criticize our Newest
Razorbacks.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

HogFanInBigD

well, silvertip, we now have a pretty good texas recruit in devin thomas. he is in the Texas Top 100 and may end up a 4 star by the end of the season.
Callin Woo Pig From Big D!

UrAzoRbacKs

Quote from: donewithdale on July 31, 2007, 03:25:10 pm
You can't attempt an honest discussion like this in the recruiting forum.  Most of the thread would have to be deleted including the original post.

"Honest discussion" is one thing, crapping on each and every thread that says anything positive about recruits is another.  I'm almost positive that's why you got your posts deleted (though I can't be sure).

I'm sure our recruits love to come here and check out the recruiting board and see people snubbing them in their own "Welcome to the Razorbacks" thread.

Method Ham

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 31, 2007, 03:47:26 pm
Quote from: Method Ham on July 31, 2007, 03:38:34 pm
Quote from: EastexHawg on July 31, 2007, 03:31:13 pm
Quote from: ballhog88 on July 31, 2007, 03:21:01 pm
What was the qoute I saw from rivals about there being so many kids from the south and southeast they couldn't evaluate all of them. I think they even said Arkansas coaches do an excellent job of evaluating kids they know little about.

I think we ought to hire STip as recruiting evaluator since he's got the time.

I think the recruiting services have done a pretty good job evaluating Arkansas' classes under Nutt.  After all, HDN's classes have usually been rated around 7th or 8th in the SEC...

And if you added together wins and losses for the last seven or eight years (when Nutt's classes would have had a chance to work their way into the system), I bet that is about where we would rank in the SEC over that period.

The whole "recruiting is at an all-time record pace" spiel is exactly the same as the "ticket sales are at an all-time high for so early in the year" argument.

As I said before, if you deposit $100, $100, $100, $100, and $100 in a bank account, you are going to have exactly $500 when you are finished...whether you make the deposits in July, November, January, or February.

You don't make the pie bigger by simply cutting slices out of it sooner.

Actually, for the sake of argument, you'll have more than $500 because you've earned interest.  It's actually better, based on your analogy, to deposit sooner rather than later so your money has more time to grow.

So I guess you are assuming the deposits are into a savings account, or a checking account that pays interest...as opposed to a checking account that doesn't pay interest, but also doesn't deduct a monthly service charge...

Didn't you ever hear what happens when you ASS-U-ME?

LOL.

My post was tongue in cheek.  This thread is dreadful.
OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

Chief Mac

Quote from: J.A.Y. on July 31, 2007, 03:50:54 pm
Ol 'Tip is the last person I would ever worry about.

He has never won as much as a Tecmo Bowl Championship, so I find it freakin' hilarious that he should criticize our Newest
Razorbacks.

its a long way to Feb.  They ain't Hogs until they sign on the dotted line
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Albert Swinestein

zzzzzzzz....same ole same old #$%#@.  I wish some of you would find another team to root for and criticize daily.  This class is shaping up to be one of the better classes for Arkansas.  Given the fact prior classes have led to so many ALL-SEC performers of late...it is promising.

missippihog

Quote from: Albert Swinestein on July 31, 2007, 04:49:41 pm
zzzzzzzz....same ole same old #$%#@.  I wish some of you would find another team to root for and criticize daily.  This class is shaping up to be one of the better classes for Arkansas.  Given the fact prior classes have led to so many ALL-SEC performers of late...it is promising.

A-FREAKING-MEN

TheHogFan

Quote from: Melhog on July 31, 2007, 02:30:39 pm
Quote from: Realist on July 31, 2007, 02:07:10 pm
QuoteWell, the joke's on you, 351hog. As with most huggers, just the simplest statistical analysis escapes you.

That 14th ranking by Rivals right now is practically meaningless. Those rankings are a combination of quantity and quality. The Hogs are ranked that high simply because they have 18 commits; while an LSU only has 13 and Penn State has only 5.

At this point, the most meaningful comparison is "average star rating."
Penn State with 3.6 and LSU with 3.23 will leave the Hogs in the dust, as their full classes start to be reported.

First, learn to read a site like Rivals. Then, come back and discuss what this thread is about---QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY.

This Hog class will steadily sink toward 30th, unless the Coaches get down to a place like TEXAS where there is still talent available. They've about got all they're going to get from Arkansas. The EASY part is done. Now, we'll see what this Hog staff can do.
This is inaccurate as the average stars is only a part of the ranking.  They do take into account how many players they sign.  For instance last year Ohio State had an average star ranking of 3.80 which if solely based on that they would have been ranked first.  However they only signed 12 four stars and 3 three stars and were ranked 15th.
If we were to base Arkansas solely on avg star ratings at this juncture, we would be at, what do you know 14th with 2.89.  With only 6 spots left, we will not be signing a couple 2 star guys late to fill up the class like in years past.  And the rankings of our current commitments will be going up.  Some that come to mind are Justin Smith, Austin Eoff, Cruz Williams, Thomas Shuler are definites to be bumped.  Greg Childs will be bumped to a 5.7 most likely (highest 3 star possible).  Usually the more commitments you get the lower your average star rating goes down.  That will not be the case for Arkansas because we went after who we wanted regardless of ranking and rivals has recognized that some of the guys we got are talented and do deserve to be rated higher.  The ones I mentioned have been mentioned by the National Recruiting Experts on rivals.  Depending on the outcome of the remaining 6 we will sign, our ranking will be in the teens somewhere.  But because of the fact that we will have MAYBE 2 two stars, our ranking will not drop that much at all.  Look back on past years, and if you can read the data right, you MIGHT understand.  

By the way, the NATIONAL RECRUITING EXPERTS  at Rivals you mention are Otis and Trey Biddy.  These guys you reference may deserve to get their stars "bumped up", but let's keep it in perspective as to who will do the evaluating.  Whether you are a hugger or a darksider, it is no secret that Otis takes every opportunity to pump up our beloved Coach Nutt.
That is not true. They do not do the rankings. Can youimagine the chaos if every site did their own rankings? They are dont by the national guys with the imput of the local guys. I am not sure how many times this needs to be explained.

silvertip

Quote from: catfish07 on July 31, 2007, 01:06:05 pm
Quote from: silvertip on July 31, 2007, 01:01:14 pm
Quote from: Razor8 on July 31, 2007, 12:05:22 pm

...Then how can you compare the star average from now (6 months from initial signing day and 8 months from final signing day) to the final star averages over the past few years? You do realize that on "average" there will be more players that increase stars than decrease right?

It is really quite easy for me to compare the PROJECTED FINAL CLASS IF THIS RECRUITING PACE CONTINUES, to the final classes in the past. IF this class finishes as a 2.9 average, it will be exactly the average of the last 6 years.

And how many times will people say stuff like "You do realize that...more players will increase stars than decrease, right?"

No, I don't "realize" that that at all. For me to "realize" something, I need evidence, not some hogspittle opinion from a tool like Odus.

How about some of you that keep claiming that these star ratings will improve---bring us some data, a newspaper article, SOMETHING to support that claim.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=696043

Scroll down to Eoff and read his blurb. This is only one player but I am "projecting" the outcome for several other players.

Alright!  Thanks Catfish, for being the first I've seen bring any evidence
that any Hog commit might be in for an upgrade. Most of the Hog's commits so far were not "under the radar" so it remains to be seen if Hog commits are upgraded any more than any other school's.

Hogchick

I think some people need to give it a rest.

I welcome ALL of the guys who are committed to being Hogs.

WPS!

silvertip

Quote from: TheHogFan on July 31, 2007, 02:02:15 pm

...I would not waste my money and conduct a poll about the state's feelings on him either...Anyone who spends thousands of their own money to conduct a poll about a coach has issues.

I didn't spend thousands of my own money. It will all be resolved in a couple of weeks and I fully expect to break even.

silvertip

Quote from: silvertip on July 31, 2007, 05:41:23 pm
Quote from: TheHogFan on July 31, 2007, 02:02:15 pm

...I would not waste my money and conduct a poll about the state's feelings on him either...Anyone who spends thousands of their own money to conduct a poll about a coach has issues.

I didn't spend thousands of my own money. It will all be resolved in a couple of weeks and I fully expect to break even.

razorhog52

Quote from: club monaco on July 31, 2007, 03:37:47 pm
Otis and T Biddy do have a hand in evaluating and ranking the AR players for Rivals.  Melhog is correct in that statement.  

They do evaluate Arkansas players for Rivals. They do the Arkansas top 30 players and Rivals national guys do the Natural 21 (or vice versa). However, if Trey and Otis were building up instate players as much as they wanted, I would bet we would have more than 4 four star guys.

67Hog

So is this class no better than the one that contained McFadden and Jones?  Too bad.

silvertip

Quote from: kennedy on July 31, 2007, 03:12:44 pm

please give it a rest Silvertip.

No.

I for one, try to title my threads so there is no confusion what the comtent is. You are quite free to move along if you don't like it.

Go start a Kool Aid and cotton candy thread if that's all the substance you can handle.

claytongray

You're the kind of guy that if were given a million dollars would complain about it being all singles.

silvertip

Quote from: 67Hog on July 31, 2007, 06:03:14 pm

So is this class no better than the one that contained McFadden and Jones?  Too bad.

Not yet. McFadden and Jones were 5-star & 4-star. Curtis in this class is a 4-star RB and the other RBs are 3s.

That '05 class had an average star rating of 3.0 and wound up 24th ranked. Perhaps this class might wind up at 3.0 or better if some recruits get "upgraded" as some posters are suggesting.

I think the final outcome next Feb will hinge on whether there is any improvement in the passing game. A 8-5 record with no improvement in passing could lose some of these commits. Another 10 win season with EVIDENCE of a balanced O, and you might actually see a top-20 class.

HogFanLR

Quote from: silvertip on July 31, 2007, 06:22:17 pm
Quote from: 67Hog on July 31, 2007, 06:03:14 pm

Not yet. McFadden and Jones were 5-star & 4-star. Curtis in this class is a 4-star RB and the other RBs are 3s.

That '05 class had an average star rating of 3.0 and wound up 24th ranked. Perhaps this class might wind up at 3.0 or better if some recruits get "upgraded" as some posters are suggesting.

I think the final outcome next Feb will hinge on whether there is any improvement in the passing game. A 8-5 record with no improvement in passing could lose some of these commits. Another 10 win season with EVIDENCE of a balanced O, and you might actually see a top-20 class.

Be sure and note if a player is not evaluated yet (and 4 are so I guess Otis and Trey did not do them) they are a 2 star by default.  Once evaluated I would expect at least 3 of the 4 to be 3 star.

Theolesnort

Look at last years team and this one coming up. There is plenty of star power up and down the line ups. Nutt has always evaluated talent pretty good while he was laying off the big names that were to competitive for his time and effort. The 64 dollar question is while it seems that Nutt and staff have started earlier and moved their quest up a notch or two in who they are going after will it translate to field with better depth in the years to come. This mantra about the teams that finish ahead in the recruiting wars consistently finish higher in the real world is partly true and partly false. The truth is that the teams that finish at the very top will have more success but after the first 6 to 8 teams then things get jumbled up because to many players are being evaluated and many gems are missed. The teams at the very top get many sure fire players. Those players were at the tip top for a reason and one is because they were publicized.  Talk about moral victories that is what a recruiting ranking is and it does not always translate to the field. Being 15th 20th or 22nd may mean something and then again it may not. My question then is will this class be pretty good after the best ten players or so and we will not know until 3 more years down the road.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

silvertip

Quote from: NMHOGG on July 31, 2007, 03:35:26 pm

ST you have had your fame and glory things are righted and you are over.

"Fame and glory" have nothing to do with it. I've been posting statistical analyses like this for a couple of years on this board, and for a couple of years before that on Clay Henry's free and premium boards.

Some of those posts were pretty accurate. Some of them sucked. In the process of posting and debating them, I learn stuff---how to research is one thing I learn.

I've already learned from this thread that maybe star ratings change over time, more than I thought. I will track the star ratings of these Arkie recruits this year, to see how much they change.

One common theme thru all threads like this that I've started---Nutt-huggers get in an hysterical panic when you bring factual anaysis that might be unflattering to Their Hero. Reality scares the crap out of some of them.  WPS!!

sechog

Quote from: silvertip on July 31, 2007, 09:54:03 am
With 18 signees already, this recruiting class is about 2/3 full and looks no better that your average Nutt class since '02. In fact, with an average Rivals star rating of 2.89, this class is right at Nutt's 6-year average of 2.90.

What I find alarming is the lack of Texas high school recruits. This class SO FAR has ONE recruit from Texas, a 3-star LB. Over the last 6 seasons, the Hogs average 7.3 recruits from Texas, with the usual # being 8. On average, the Hog's sign 26 players/year, so in order to reach our typical 8 Texas recruits, 7 of our final 8 signees would have to be Texans.

Where is the great recruiting "advantage" in Texas that some people claimed Coach Lee would bring? At this rate, this will be the Hog's weakest haul from Texas in decades. In '02, we got only 5 from Texas, but 3 of those were 4-stars.

Here is your average "star-rating" for the typical 26 signees in the Hog's last 6 classes, compared to the projected average this year, if the rest of this class is like the first 18 signees:

............6-yr avg....this year
4-stars........4............4
3-stars.......15...........15
2-stars........7............7

Big "improvement," huh? Where does the mantra come from that this class is such an upgrade over past classes? The only "improvement" is that these guys have "committed" earlier. So what? I think a lot of the "buzz" about this class is originating with the usual BAC spin-machine, and you see a lot of huggers pushing that spin on the message boards.

There is a danger in signing this many 2 & 3-star recruits so quickly. It might cause a 4-star to turn away if his position is getting crowded. EXAMPLE: The one remaining 4-star Arkie kid, WR Joe Adams, can look at this Hogs class and see that we've already signed 4 WRs, including one 4-star & two 3-stars. He might decide to go somewhere that will actually USE that many WRs.

What is the hurry to sign so many mid-level recruits, except perhaps for PR spin?   
Yeah, there not alot of 4 and 5 stars, but look at who ark competed with to get these guys. Not ASU and LMU or North Texas as years before. Alot of big time schools thinks these guys are pretty good. Thats what matters.

HogAlum99

First off, nobody knows how good (or bad) this recruiting class will be until at least a couple of years down the road.  However, my problem with this whole thread is that everything this UA football staff does now is wrong or just not good enough.  For the last year all you heard was "What happened to the fence? What happened to the fence?"  Well, now that it seems that fence may be getting some much needed repairs, we now have bitching about not having enough recruits from Texas.  Oh well, at least we don't have to listen about the fence for the time being.  GO HOGS!!! 

silvertip

Quote from: J.A.Y. on July 31, 2007, 03:36:05 pm
I still want to know what Silvertip knows about football?

Has he ever played?

He still has not answered the question. If he has played he would know how a TEAM works. You recruit to your needs, and to your scheme.

So i once again state that Herring's, Rocker's, Hell even HDN himself's take on a recruit I trust more than Silvertip.

We all know his view on anything on the Hill is jaded, and NO i am not a Hugger.

I personally can't stand HDN. But at the same time I can be objective and give praise where it is well deserved. This coaching staff has done an excellent job so far this recruiting season, and I don't feel like Silvertip has any reason to criticize these recruits.

What a stupid post. Not only am I not "criticising these recruits", I can't recall anyone else in this thread "criticising these recruits."

I am simply saying this looks like the typical Nutt class. And it is not even my "take" on their talent, as opposed to the coaches'. It is Rivals'
rating.

If you think that it is "criticism" to say that this is an average Nutt class---then YOU sir are saying that there is something wrong with the average Nutt class. What are you being so defensive about?

Just as the Hugger Nation assumed that it was CRITICAL to sample public opinion about Nutt---then it is YOU who say that he can't withstand the TRUTH about the level of his support.

Personally, I would hate to support a Coach, while having to cringe everytime questions are asked. You ought to be PROUD of Your Boy, not defensive. 

silvertip

Quote from: Theolesnort on July 31, 2007, 06:36:35 pm
Look at last years team and this one coming up. There is plenty of star power up and down the line ups. Nutt has always evaluated talent pretty good while he was laying off the big names that were to competitive for his time and effort. The 64 dollar question is while it seems that Nutt and staff have started earlier and moved their quest up a notch or two in who they are going after will it translate to field with better depth in the years to come. This mantra about the teams that finish ahead in the recruiting wars consistently finish higher in the real world is partly true and partly false. The truth is that the teams that finish at the very top will have more success but after the first 6 to 8 teams then things get jumbled up because to many players are being evaluated and many gems are missed. The teams at the very top get many sure fire players. Those players were at the tip top for a reason and one is because they were publicized.  Talk about moral victories that is what a recruiting ranking is and it does not always translate to the field. Being 15th 20th or 22nd may mean something and then again it may not. My question then is will this class be pretty good after the best ten players or so and we will not know until 3 more years down the road.

If we won't know until 3 years down the road---then why are the BAC spin-machine, Arkansas sports-writers, and hugger posters on a "PR campaign" to tout this as the "best class" in years?

kennedy

Silvertip...

I have no need to start a candy stand or whatever you suggested.

You say you are a Razorback fan.

Why don't you start to act like one?

Corganist

Quote from: silvertip on July 31, 2007, 07:07:36 pm

What a stupid post. Not only am I not "criticisizing these recruits", I can't recall anyone else in this thread "criticisizing these recruits."

I am simply saying this looks like the typical Nutt class. And it is not even my "take" on their talent, as opposed to the coaches'. It is Rivals'
rating.

If you think that it is "criticism" to say that this is an average Nutt class---then YOU sir are saying that there is something wrong with the average Nutt class. What are you being so defensive about?

If you say you were just making a neutral comment on this class's rating versus years past, that's certainly reasonable. But you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to comment on where the class is ranked and how those ratings stack up to years past, then by all means do so. But the elephant in the room is that you're not just talking about the numbers here, the reason the thread was posted is so you can say "Nutt is not that good a recruiter, and this is a typical class for him...hence, this is not that good a class." You can't have us believe for a second that you think this class being "typical" for HDN is a good thing, and that you started this thread because wanted to spread the positive energy. Come on. Maybe people are getting a little too excited too early when when it comes this class, but is it really necessary to be so eager to play Debbie Downer and throw water all over people's hopes? There's nothing wrong with a little optimism.

Personally, I think people put way too much stock in the whole recruiting mess. I could not care less how many stars a kid gets from Rivals, or who else recruited him, etc, as long as he produces on the field. We did pretty well last year with a team full of "typical" HDN recruits, and I imagine that trend will continue.

moley_russells_wart_hog

i only got a couple things to say about this years recruiting

1st of all silver imho is suffering from premature evaluation.....( lets not count stars until december)

although i am pleased with the progress, years like this should be a base line , we should get every in state player we desire and then fill in with studs from surrounding states

cmakrzrbak

I think its turning in to a pretty solid class.  The future will tell.

Oh, and this thread really does have no point to it.  Only spreading negativity.  Go Hogs.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

Hogs-n-Roses

You want to see a real recruiting class, click on Bama's or Georgia's Rivals site.Ours is a nice class and at this time ranked nationally better than usual.We need to pick up 6 ,4* recruits and 1  5*  with our last 7 picks in order to stay up in the rankings nationally.

Fayetnam

Too many players from Arkansas in this class. AR HS football is light years behind TX and yes, OK!

Hellafied

This is a good class because they want to be a hog. Nutt gets his players to play above there talent. My favorite team is FSU and we average a top 5 class since 2002 and what do we have to show for it. Auburn had better players, Bama, UF had better plays than we did, look at the draft.. Tenn has better players.  we had LSU on the ropes even when Dick was a freshmen, we lost by 3 points. We have talent and this coaching staff doesnt need a star by a player to tell if he can play in the SEC or not. Arkansas will win 10 games or more this year and next year we will beat texas because this players have HEART and DONT CRY ABOUT PLAYING TIME!!!!

silvertip

Quote from: Corganist on July 31, 2007, 07:36:09 pm
Quote from: silvertip on July 31, 2007, 07:07:36 pm

What a stupid post. Not only am I not "criticisizing these recruits", I can't recall anyone else in this thread "criticisizing these recruits."

rating.

If you say you were just making a neutral comment on this class's rating versus years past, that's certainly reasonable. But you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to comment on where the class is ranked and how those ratings stack up to years past, then by all means do so. But the elephant in the room is that you're not just talking about the numbers here, the reason the thread was posted is so you can say "Nutt is not that good a recruiter, and this is a typical class for him...hence, this is not that good a class." You can't have us believe for a second that you think this class being "typical" for HDN is a good thing, and that you started this thread because wanted to spread the positive energy. Come on. Maybe people are getting a little too excited too early when when it comes this class, but is it really necessary to be so eager to play Debbie Downer and throw water all over people's hopes? There's nothing wrong with a little optimism.

Personally, I think people put way too much stock in the whole recruiting mess. I could not care less how many stars a kid gets from Rivals, or who else recruited him, etc, as long as he produces on the field. We did pretty well last year with a team full of "typical" HDN recruits, and I imagine that trend will continue.

One year does not make a trend.

Ouachihog

Silver,

If you are evaluating recruits and attempting to make them sound poor in any way, you have gone beyond your agenda to get rid of the current head coach, you are hurting the program. 

Look, we get that you don't like the coach, but attacking recruits in July when everyone is excited about the class is ridiculous.  Put together polls or whatever else you prefer to do, but please don't bash our recruiting class in a public forum before any recruit has stepped on campus. 

"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Mr. Perfect

Pig_Lebowski

Shuler: "I can run people over. I'm real strong (benches 405 pounds and squats 675), but I can make people miss too. I'm unique. I'm one-of-a-kind. I'm more of a power back and want to improve my footwork and movement."

I can't wait to enroll this cat into Houston's school of quotations! All that quote needs is a sprinkling of "special" and "heart".
"

DeltaBoy

Nuttboy continues to do a pisspoor job at Recruiting!  9 years same crap!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Mr. Perfect

If I were Shuler I would've added I have offers from Miami Fla. & The Ohio State.

Pig_Lebowski

He should have added that he is willing to play guard or tackle.

Theolesnort

Quote from: silvertip on July 31, 2007, 07:18:35 pm
Quote from: Theolesnort on July 31, 2007, 06:36:35 pm

If we won't know until 3 years down the road---then why are the BAC spin-machine, Arkansas sports-writers, and hugger posters on a "PR campaign" to tout this as the "best class" in years?
We both know the answer to that question now don't we? The BAC wants to control the content and thought process of the fan base. What they want and the new realities will not allow that to happen in todays society. The Soviet Union found out the hard way that there are to many avenues to cover to control thought in the modern world. But this does not mean that the staff is not recruiting better than in years past. We will know in two or three years.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Mr. Perfect

It's A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Look at the recruits and judge for yourself I'm sure you'll see that the recruiting is MUCH better this year and very well could be a top 15 class after reevaluations.

Mr. Perfect

Hawg_Heaven

Silvertip,

Usually I would agree with you bro, but I have to disagree on this post. I am not going to read what everyone else says because this is mainly for you. What is good about this recruiting class that hasn't been in a while is the fact that we are actually keeping our instate recruits that are considered the top recruits in our state. I will give Coach Lee some credit. He may actually be the fence that we needed.

I would like to see more 4 and 5 star recruits, but that will come with winning if we are going for out of state recruits.

I am going to hold judgement until I see how this season fairs. All I ask for is some kind of a passing game to keep DMAC and Jones from getting killed.

silvertip

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on July 31, 2007, 10:22:39 pm
Silvertip,

Usually I would agree with you bro, but I have to disagree on this post. I am not going to read what everyone else says because this is mainly for you. What is good about this recruiting class that hasn't been in a while is the fact that we are actually keeping our instate recruits that are considered the top recruits in our state. I will give Coach Lee some credit. He may actually be the fence that we needed.

I would like to see more 4 and 5 star recruits, but that will come with winning if we are going for out of state recruits.

I am going to hold judgement until I see how this season fairs. All I ask for is some kind of a passing game to keep DMAC and Jones from getting killed.

Good point Hawg Heaven. Right now Hogs have 7 of top 10 which at 70% I would consider a minimum for the Hogs to retain.

Since I respect your opinion, I would ask that you go to my reply #58 in this thread and follow the link there. If you have not read my analysis of Recruiting and retaining Arkansas kids in my Report on the Poll, this link will take you to it. I think you might find it interesting---page 6 and Appendix D in the Report.  WPS!!

silvertip

Quote from: Ouachihog on July 31, 2007, 09:22:59 pm
Silver,

If you are evaluating recruits and attempting to make them sound poor in any way, you have gone beyond your agenda to get rid of the current head coach, you are hurting the program. 

Look, we get that you don't like the coach, but attacking recruits in July when everyone is excited about the class is ridiculous.  Put together polls or whatever else you prefer to do, but please don't bash our recruiting class in a public forum before any recruit has stepped on campus. 

Nobody's "attacking recruits." See if you can FOCUS for 30 seconds. I'm comparing THIS YEAR'S RIVAL'S RATINGS TO PREVIOUS YEARS' RIVAL'S
RATINGS.

AND CONCLUDING THAT THIS IS AN AVERAGE NUTT CLASS.

Now if YOU think that's negative---then YOU have a problem with Nutt's recruiting. Because YOU have a bad opinion of Nutt's average recruiting class.

Mr. Perfect

After reevaluation none of these players will be below a 3 star rated player. It's sad that some can't allow themselves to enjoy the positives because of their hatred for Nutt. This should be a top 15 class in the end, but that will still be about 5th in the S.E.C.

silvertip

Quote from: silvertip on July 31, 2007, 10:58:43 pm
Silver,

Nobody's "attacking recruits." See if you can FOCUS for 30 seconds. I'm comparing THIS YEAR'S RIVAL'S RATINGS TO PREVIOUS YEARS' RIVAL'S
RATINGS.

Now if YOU think that's negative---then YOU have a problem with Nutt's recruiting. Because YOU have a bad opinion of Nutt's average recruiting class.

In fact, Ouachihog, I think YOU, sir, owe an apology to the Hog players currently on the team. I simply said that this class, if it plays out at the current pace, would wind up looking EXACTLY like the average of the past 6 classes---in average star rating and in distribution of 4, 3, and 2-stars.

In other words, these recruits look exactly like the ones that comprise the current team.

AND YOU, sir, are calling that an insult to these recruits. YOU, sir, are saying it is an INSULT to say that this class looks exactly like our PRESENT PLAYERS. You are insulting our team!!

Maybe Teresa Prewitt could arrange for you to have a Code Red with Weston Dacus and Marcus Harrison. At the least, you owe our Razorback players an apology. 

claytongray

Quote from: silvertip on July 31, 2007, 11:57:19 pm
Quote from: silvertip on July 31, 2007, 10:58:43 pm
Silver,

RATINGS.

In fact, Ouachihog, I think YOU, sir, owe an apology to the Hog players currently on the team. I simply said that this class, if it plays out at the current pace, would wind up looking EXACTLY like the average of the past 6 classes---in average star rating and in distribution of 4, 3, and 2-stars.

In other words, these recruits look exactly like the ones that comprise the current team.

AND YOU, sir, are calling that an insult to these recruits. YOU, sir, are saying it is an INSULT to say that this class looks exactly like our PRESENT PLAYERS. You are insulting our team!!

Maybe Teresa Prewitt could arrange for you to have a Code Red with Weston Dacus and Marcus Harrison. At the least, you owe our Razorback players an apology. 

Spin much?

Mr. Perfect

This class is better you are going by final numbers last year when Arkansas was on plan c & d to fill their scholarships that will not be a problem this year. All of these player stock and rating will go up next year Arkansas has 7 players .02 from being a 4 star. We've alreday discussed Shuler & Eoff.