Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Carolina's Cory Boyd calls out Darren McFadden

Started by gohogs, July 27, 2007, 01:14:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gohogs

This is a cut and paste from the south carolina state newspaper from rivals.com

Boyd was asked several times about a fellow running back, Arkansas junior Darren McFadden, who spoke earlier in the day. McFadden is considered a Heisman Trophy candidate, but Boyd did not appear impressed.

"If we had the same offense that Arkansas has, we'd be putting up the same type of results that they have, and if they had the type of offense we have, they'd have the same type of results too," Boyd said.

When Boyd said that, the surprised out-of-town reporter muttered an "OK," smiled and walked away.

rzrbckfan426

Haha, sounds like someone is a bit jealous.  Don't complain too much Mr. Boyd, at least you can compliment the run with the pass.

hog_heaven_2000

Quote from: gohogs on July 27, 2007, 01:14:28 pm

Boyd was asked several times about a fellow running back, Arkansas junior Darren McFadden, who spoke earlier in the day. McFadden is considered a Heisman Trophy candidate, but Boyd did not appear impressed.

“If we had the same offense that Arkansas has, we’d be putting up the same type of results that they have, and if they had the type of offense we have, they’d have the same type of results too,” Boyd said.

When Boyd said that, the surprised out-of-town reporter muttered an “OK,” smiled and walked away.

lol. Kids say the funniest things sometimes.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

gohogs

it reminds me of what Kenny Irons said after the Auburn game last year

cityhog

TRAVELHOG

“If we had the same offense that Arkansas has, we’d be putting up the same type of results that they have, and if they had the type of offense we have, they’d have the same type of results too,” Boyd said.

When Boyd said that, the surprised out-of-town reporter muttered an “OK,” smiled and walked away.

Shortly afterwards, Boyd could be heard screaming "My daddy can beat up his daddy."
Chance favors the prepared mind

hogsanity

Quote from: gohogs on July 27, 2007, 01:18:25 pm
it reminds me of what Kenny Irons said after the Auburn game last year

Just what I thought.

If Boyd was that good, I imagine the ole ball coach would give it to him a little more.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

DOCHog21

seems like Mr. Boyd has Mcfadden-envy, a condition spreading its way through the sec

gohogs

Arkapigdiesel

Them boys from Oklahoma roll their joints all wrong.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: DOCHog21 on July 27, 2007, 01:21:13 pm
seems like Mr. Boyd has Mcfadden-envy, a condition spreading its way through the sec
+1 for making me laugh!

hawgslop00

Nashville Fan

Bulletin board stuff. Can someone from SC please send a copy to DMAC? I  am a bit worried about SC.
Pittman or Bust!

mj4president

I think DMAC ran for 219 against them last year. What the hell is he talking about. Oh well, I guess one person in the entire nation is not impressed with him. You can't please everyone.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

rocksalt

It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

FootballHog

DMAC could have had 300 rushing yards if he didn't get hurt that game.

This guy is just a Kenny Irons wanna-be.....Cory who?

PigWig

Wow. What a little prick. I can't wait to see Darren rock them again this year in Fayetteville. Anyone up for badgering Boyd? I want to see some creative signs.

slopinhogs

well, he is JUST a football player  isn't he . even though he is really a good one. i can see jealousy spreading every where now. i can see jealousy on the way. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

razorbass

ballhog88

What's dmac have on them in 2 years 400 plus yards. Yeah he sucks!

parrishw

If we turn right we will go right and if they turn right they will go right also.

If I had a red car like his red car then we would both have a red car.........................

Or........

he thinks his teams offense is not so good................?????........and if he was playing in our offense he would be another DMac.???

No wonder the reporter just said OK and walked away.

Sound to me like the young man is a few tater tots short of a happy meal..................

311Hog

Quote from: parrishw on July 27, 2007, 01:51:16 pm
If we turn right we will go right and if they turn right they will go right also.

If I had a red car like his red car then we would both have a red car.........................

Or........

he thinks his teams offense is not so good................?????........and if he was playing in our offense he would be another DMac.???

Sound to me like the young man is a few tater tots short of a happy meal..................

this is what i thought to, i didnt see anyone calling Dmac out, i saw a kid that is struggling to communicate.

PigWig

Or........

They have tater tots in Happy Meals?  ???

parrishw

Quote from: PigWig on July 27, 2007, 01:53:57 pm

Or........

They have tator tots in Happy Meals?  ???

LOL     You know somehow I knew I would get a response like this.

Thanks for restoring my faith

PigPusher

The young man is obviously respectful of our offense if not Dmac. 
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

hogfan064

Boyd's a good back and will play on Sundays somewhere.  He can catch the ball better than most backs in the SEC

No way is he better than DMac though!!!  We're talking about a 3rd round NFL pick compared to a top 5 NFL pick

cosmodrum

And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his arse a hoppin'.
Go away, batin'

ListenHereMister

Where is LawDog???
I can't believe one of his players said those things!!

demonHOG1013

so is Boyd saying that if they ran the ball every down like Arkansas then they would have gone 10-4 last year? I seriously doubt that.

HDale

Quote from: PBD on July 27, 2007, 01:23:21 pm
They are way too skinny and way too long.
I will always hate the Dork

press ham

this is ridiculous! majority of dmac's long runs have been out of the i-formation.

DOCHog21

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 27, 2007, 02:01:06 pm

If your aunt had balls she would be your uncle.

jdhawg

is this "oil can" boyd's son if so tell him to put down his daddy's crack pipe!!!!!!!!!!!

tbhogfan

... and if I had the same clubs Tiger Woods does, I could shoot 62 from the championship tees  ;)
Go Hogs!

hoginator

July 27, 2007, 03:23:26 pm #37 Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 03:26:11 pm by hoginator
Their names say it all:

McFadden = MAN

Boyd = BOY

;)
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Lando Calrissian

?If we had the same offense that Arkansas has, we?d be putting up the same type of results that they have, and if they had the type of offense we have, they?d have the same type of results too,? Boyd said.

When Boyd said that, the surprised out-of-town reporter muttered an ?OK,? smiled and walked away.

I hope we beat South Carolina by 50.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

yraciv

Boyd's from New Jersey clearly some people have to much Cross Canadian Ragweed envy.

uastudent11

http://www.thestate.com/gamecocks/story/129006.html

here is the whole thing. boyd definitely needs to be taken down a few notches. if i didn't know i would have thought he saved the world instead of just coming back from a suspension

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on July 27, 2007, 01:15:42 pm
Haha, sounds like someone is a bit jealous.  Don't complain too much Mr. Boyd, at least you can compliment the run with the pass.

yeah, and that's hasn't worked for them either.

Geohul

Cory Boyd is a hell of a talent.  He's fast, strong, and he'll probably run for 1000 yards this year.  He'll be a second or third team all conference selection and maybe even an all american.  He has played for two legendary coaches who are fairly full of themselves and no doubt that trait has rubbed off on him.

HOWEVER.......

What he seems to forget is that, while yes, our offense is centered around running the football, you CANNOT coach speed and power.  Darren Mcfadden has the best combination of both of these elements that we've seen in the SEC in quite some time.  If I recall correctly, (And I'm certain that I do), he rushed for 219 yards after a cheap horse collar tackle badly sprained his ankle on a break away run.  So yes seeing Dmac writhe in pain from a hurt ankle WOULD make some think "He's only human".  But what Cory Boyd doesn't realize is that he's NOT human...he's "Humanity Advanced". 

P.S. Cory,
This year Dmac's gonna rush for 300 vs your sorry ass defense.  By the way, Felix is better than you also.
Signed
THE ENITIRE STATE OF ARKANSAS.
(I feel safe speaking for all of us.)

1texashogfan

Sounds like he is trying to emulate his head coach, the superior one...  I can hear Spurrier saying the same thing

At least our boys don't talk or act like Nutt, I never heard DMac repeat a single quote.  

Go Hogs
I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.  Winston Churchill

rzrbaxfan

QuoteIf we had the same offense that Arkansas has, we'd be putting up the same type of results that they have, and if they had the type of offense we have, they'd have the same type of results too.

Indeed Cory...and if you had scored more points than us last year, you would have beat us.

Next week, we'll work on colors! :)

DukeOfPork

Quote from: hog_heaven_2000 on July 27, 2007, 01:16:48 pm

lol. Kids say the funniest things sometimes.

Yeah, like "I committed to the University of _____ because I can play right away and I like their academics..."

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Quote from: HDale on July 27, 2007, 02:42:00 pm
Quote from: PBD on July 27, 2007, 01:23:21 pm
They are way too skinny and way too long.

You know, I ain't a holly roller, so I just use a bong.....
Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

cosmodrum

Quote from: DOCHog21 on July 27, 2007, 02:50:43 pm
Quote from: cosmodrum on July 27, 2007, 02:01:06 pm

If your aunt had balls she would be your uncle.

I have a lesbian Aunt, so she might as well have 'em.
Go away, batin'

JoeSlam

Quote from: Geohul on July 27, 2007, 03:43:33 pm
Cory Boyd is a hell of a talent.  He's fast, strong, and he'll probably run for 1000 yards this year.  He'll be a second or third team all conference selection and maybe even an all american.  He has played for two legendary coaches who are fairly full of themselves and no doubt that trait has rubbed off on him.

HOWEVER.......

What he seems to forget is that, while yes, our offense is centered around running the football, you CANNOT coach speed and power.  Darren Mcfadden has the best combination of both of these elements that we've seen in the SEC in quite some time.  If I recall correctly, (And I'm certain that I do), he rushed for 219 yards after a cheap horse collar tackle badly sprained his ankle on a break away run.  So yes seeing Dmac writhe in pain from a hurt ankle WOULD make some think "He's only human".  But what Cory Boyd doesn't realize is that he's NOT human...he's "Humanity Advanced". 

P.S. Cory,
This year Dmac's gonna rush for 300 vs your sorry ass defense.  By the way, Felix is better than you also.
Signed
THE ENITIRE STATE OF ARKANSAS.
(I feel safe speaking for all of us.)
Change that to THE RAZORBACK NATION, some ASU fans might take offense, otherwise +1.

P.P.S. Someone ought to forward this article to the defense last week in October to get them fired up. Atheletes do not stand for some punk dissing their teammate.