Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU GAME BEING MOVED A POSSIBILITY

Started by harrisburghog, July 25, 2007, 07:58:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

harrisburghog

July 25, 2007, 07:58:31 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:52:01 pm by Tomcat
heard sunshine state today on DTS that they are considering, (i bet), moving the LSU game to fayetteville after the 2008 season.seems Frank is intent on widening the great divide.

gohee

I'd be glad to see it come to FYV

Heardo

Good.  Even though it makes it a much longer drive for me, I think it would be better for recruiting.  Recruits will want to come to that game and having it in Fayetteville lets us show off RRS.  Also, it could give us a better chance of holding ESPN Gameday again.

Table Rocker

i have no problems playing one big game in little rock but it would be nice to has LSU actually visit campus once in a while

Table Rocker

you also should change the title of the thread considering its only speculation

Lanlord

I think they should move all the games to RRS.

harrisburghog

yes it would be tougher for me and a lot of other folks on my side of the state (east) which seems not to matter  much to the BAC anymore, like Kane Webb stated, the University Of Northwest Arkansas and it fans want it all.

humphrey

Good.  Let's actually play a home game at home.  Did you guys hear that noise??  Can you hear it?  I think that's the 21st century welcoming us!  We're almost there!!!  We've finally stopped moving backwards!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: harrisburghog on July 25, 2007, 07:58:31 pm
heard sunshine state today on DTS that they are considering, (i bet), moving the LSU game to fayetteville after the 2008 season.seems Frank is intent on widening the great divide.
I believe they were just guessing what the new AD MIGHT do.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

PigDaddyKane

Even though I live in Central Arkansas and the first Hogs game I saw was in WM, I'm for moving the game to RRS.  Lets play two games in WM against the rent a win teams and play the biggies in RRS.  RRS has gotten to the point that the atmosphere is as great there as WM. 
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Hogchick

I don't care if they play game in El Dorado.  I will be there.

I figured this would happen at some point.

Table Rocker

Quote from: harrisburghog on July 25, 2007, 08:11:18 pm
yes it would be tougher for me and a lot of other folks on my side of the state (east) which seems not to matter  much to the BAC anymore, like Kane Webb stated, the University Of Northwest Arkansas and it fans want it all.

hello, that's where the university is located!!!!! how many other big time schools play in split locations? blame the little rock city council or whoever lost the bid to have the university in central arkansas in the first place. and don't give me 'there are big donors in little rock', again, how many big schools play in towns that are considerably smaller than the larger cities in the same state?

Dwight_K_Shrute

This University of NW ARK crap is total BS.

LSU is in the SE 1/4 of LA and they play all their games at Red Stick.  Athens is in the NE 1/4 of GA and they play all of their games in Athens (Except the Party and that's every year).

Knoxville is far from centrally Located and UT is the flagship of that state.  It's 180 miles from Nashville (eerily similar to distance from LR) and a whopping 400 miles to Memphis.

Also 540 has turned a 3 1/2+ hour drive from LR to Fayetteville into one that can be made in less than 3 hours.  186 miles from the middle of Little Rock to Exit 62 in Fayetteville. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 25, 2007, 08:26:53 pm
This University of NW ARK crap is total BS.

LSU is in the SE 1/4 of LA and they play all their games at Red Stick.  Athens is in the NE 1/4 of GA and they play all of their games in Athens (Except the Party and that's every year).

Knoxville is far from centrally Located and UT is the flagship of that state.  It's 180 miles from Nashville (eerily similar to distance from LR) and a whopping 400 miles to Memphis.

Also 540 has turned a 3 1/2+ hour drive from LR to Fayetteville into one that can be made in less than 3 hours.  186 miles from the middle of Little Rock to Exit 62 in Fayetteville. 

rationale minds think alike dwight.

dfresh

I'm from Jonesboro, and I wish all the games would be played in Fayetteville.

Table Rocker

Quote from: dfresh on July 25, 2007, 08:30:05 pm

i think 99% of people that actually graduated from the UofA don't mind having all the games in fayetteville simply because they love to go back and visit fayetteville and be on campus. hell i live in dallas and i'd rather they play in fayetteville than anywhere else in the state.

GBPackerFan

I bet you LSU would rather play that game in Fayetteville too.  Teams don't like playing in War Memorial b/c it is such a hostile environment and the fans are right on the field.

missippihog

I am much closer to LR but the stadium in FV is much more impressive. Have a cupcake in LR each year and rotate a big game with a cupcake every other year.

BigoBoys

I live in NWA and have for a long time and would love to see that game here, but I have a concern.  The only concern that I have is what will the crowd be like on that Friday.  Most of the students will be gone, and a majority of the growth in NWA is from transplants(people from all over the world).  The transplants will likely be out of town for Thanksgiving.  Might be a challenge to fill it up. 

Hogs-n-Roses

I just want to add 7-8 hours of drive time to the corndog people.

SultanofSwine

If they are going to keep playing games in WM they need to put the HOG back on the field. If they can't accomodate that, then move all the games to the Hill. Oh, I live in Maumelle by the way, since where we reside seems to matter to some.

TX SUX

see my post about 2 months ago.  this will happen..

cityhog

Buck up. The UofA is in Fayetteville.  Love it or leave it.

missippihog

Quote from: SultanofSwine on July 25, 2007, 09:01:10 pm
If they are going to keep playing games in WM they need to put the HOG back on the field. If they can't accomodate that, then move all the games to the Hill. Oh, I live in Maumelle by the way, since where we reside seems to matter to some.

Agreed. The WMS logo looks like crap.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Table Rocker on July 25, 2007, 08:32:43 pm
Quote from: dfresh on July 25, 2007, 08:30:05 pm

i think 99% of people that actually graduated from the UofA don't mind having all the games in fayetteville simply because they love to go back and visit fayetteville and be on campus. hell i live in dallas and i'd rather they play in fayetteville than anywhere else in the state.

Hammer Meet Nail on the head.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

vol_in_ar

Why shouldn't they the campus and stadium are in Fayetteville...

RBLtoHOG

Good... I'm tired of playing big games at Waste Management Stadium
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: vol_in_ar on July 25, 2007, 09:37:10 pm

Funny how fans of all the other schools that drive just as far or farther, get it.

artyhog

I live in Central Ark.  I could care less where the Hogs play their home games.  I would be there and as many away games as possible.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 25, 2007, 09:39:24 pm
Quote from: vol_in_ar on July 25, 2007, 09:37:10 pm

Funny how fans of all the other schools that drive just as far or farther, get it.

13 hours from Fayetteville to Knoxville, but I only make 2-3 games a year

slopinhogs

frank won't be here in 2008 so it may or may not happen. it will depend on the PTB. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

mj4president

Quote from: Lanlord on July 25, 2007, 08:06:55 pm

Yes. I agree. But why would you play your home games at home?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Table Rocker

Quote from: mj4president on July 25, 2007, 09:50:02 pm
Quote from: Lanlord on July 25, 2007, 08:06:55 pm

Yes. I agree. But why would you play your home games at home?

ridiculous concept don't you think? :)

COCHISE

July 25, 2007, 09:58:24 pm #33 Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 06:34:05 pm by 870 RZR
This is a done deal.

DEVICEHIGH

I really wish they would play at least 1 in Fort Smith.

And don't tell Robert Shields about this!
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Table Rocker

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on July 25, 2007, 10:08:10 pm

LMAO

Mister Monopoly

i thought it was already a done deal....this should be funny...nwa 1...rest of arkansas 0

deucea729

Don't worry, harrisburg - when Frank is gone, and the Hogs and A-State start that annual game at WMS, you East-siders will get plenty of action over there.  ;)

DrSwineESQ

Quote from: BigoBoys on July 25, 2007, 08:55:34 pm
I live in NWA and have for a long time and would love to see that game here, but I have a concern.  The only concern that I have is what will the crowd be like on that Friday.  Most of the students will be gone, and a majority of the growth in NWA is from transplants(people from all over the world).  The transplants will likely be out of town for Thanksgiving.  Might be a challenge to fill it up. 

I don't think there will be a problem filling the stands for LSU.  I'm not a betting man, but I'd amost put money on that one.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on July 25, 2007, 10:26:27 pm

Why would moving a game do that?  Would you refuse to go?

Fresh he's just a pot stir................

George S. Pigton

About time they move that game to 'the hill'.  Lack of students is a concern.  They should leave
that ticket out of the students package and make them buy tickets seperately.  The tickets that
are not bought should be open to the public.

\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Cajun Hog

Quote from: George S. Pigton on July 25, 2007, 10:51:41 pm
About time they move that game to 'the hill'.  Lack of students is a concern.  They should leave
that ticket out of the students package and make them buy tickets separately.  The tickets that

That or sell that game ticket separately, then sell the rest to the public.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on July 25, 2007, 11:34:50 pm
Quote from: Hog1961 on July 25, 2007, 11:00:30 pm
that ticket out of the students package and make them buy tickets separately.  The tickets that

Something has to occur.  We can't have that area of the stadium with sparse attendance.

i'd say sell them as they normally do to students but at that game don't require a student ID. students that wouldn't go would be all over trying to sell those to make a $.

Oklahawg

If you put the LSU game in Fayetteville on Saturday the students will simply come back a day early from vacation. :)

To throw a curve in the GSD I am surprised that the SEC hasn't had a say in this, suggesting that the league is hurt by not having more butts standing in front of their seats and the lost chance at GameDay.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Table Rocker on July 25, 2007, 11:37:11 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on July 25, 2007, 11:34:50 pm
Quote from: Hog1961 on July 25, 2007, 11:00:30 pm

Something has to occur.  We can't have that area of the stadium with sparse attendance.

i'd say sell them as they normally do to students but at that game don't require a student ID. students that wouldn't go would be all over trying to sell those to make a $.

I like that idea..............

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on July 25, 2007, 10:08:10 pm

Frick that, let em play a few games in Tulsa.  Its a shorter drive for the students (only an hour and a half) and hell as small as Skelly is, most of the fans would have to be on the sidelines.  That would be even closer than they are at WM.

markmchog

When was the last time the Hogs played LSU in Fayetteville? I seem to remember attending an LSU game at Razorback stadium after we joined the SEC and before the game was moved to the Friday after Thanksgiving. 
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. - Thomas Paine, 1776

arcowboy

Chances of all the games being played at RRS are going to be better with a new AD than Frank, so don't think that getting rid of Frank will guarantee more games in the Rock.   

lovetailgatin

That game in Fay against LSU it was very cold, and sleeting. There was one LSU guy that got knocked out that day and I think a receiver with the last name Dickerson Jr. scored on a long TD pass. Was there also.

hoglady

Quote from: Mister Monopoly on July 25, 2007, 10:13:27 pm
i thought it was already a done deal....this should be funny...nwa 1...rest of arkansas 0

No what's going to be funny is when the Razorbacks won't be able to fill the stadium against LSU on National TV. Now how embarrassing is that going to be?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality