Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Defensive end Cameron Henderson

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 24, 2007, 11:27:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Just talked to Cameron's dad and according to him they will probably make an announcement on Friday.

Expect very, very good news for Arkansas.

Hollywood_HOGan45

nice

maybe rivals can get in evaluating him since Auburn and Bama were in on him also.

jbhicks

Nice, thank you for the update. Did he mention whether or not he had received an offer from AU? I heard there was a chance he was going to get an offer.

TMc

I'm nervous about this guy.., even if he commits.. I just find a hard time believing Auburn would let him go to Arkansas without a fight. Typical DL for the SEC.. good frame to add weight, size and speed.  I doubt Alabama gets into the race.., they seem to be loaded on the DE/DL already.. Hope he sticks.

The_Champ

Told You JB I win my commit was first

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

jbhicks

July 24, 2007, 12:45:54 pm #5 Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 01:13:46 pm by jbhicks
You may be right, but I wouldn't be surprised if Winston Guy commits before Friday, then Henderson on Friday, Askew on Saturday, and Okpara on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

David Bergendahl

July 24, 2007, 02:37:00 pm #6 Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:39:49 pm by David Bergendahl
This young chap resembles the first pick in the National Basketball Association's draft, Mr. Oden from Ohio State. Does anyone else think so?

Beaverfever

Seems odd we are jumping on all these 1 star guys (I know this doesn't mean much) this early in the game with alot of big timers considering us.  By the way, I trust the coaches judgement in talent and don't doubt Henderson is a player.

beansandtaters

Quote from: David Bergendahl on July 24, 2007, 02:37:00 pm
This young chap resembles the first pick in the National Basketball Association's draft, Mr. Oden from Ohio State. Does anyone else think so?

Haha...very much so. I hope he has as much impact as a FR...

Eric Cartman

Quote from: Beaverfever on July 24, 2007, 02:42:14 pm
Seems odd we are jumping on all these 1 star guys (I know this doesn't mean much) this early in the game with alot of big timers considering us.  By the way, I trust the coaches judgement in talent and don't doubt Henderson is a player.

the only position i agree with this is WR.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

The_Champ

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

hardcorehogfan

does he have any other offers, did auburn offer?

Hawgballz

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on July 24, 2007, 03:41:06 pm

Mississippi State has offered.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

PigPusher

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 24, 2007, 11:27:40 am
Just talked to Cameron's dad and according to him they will probably make an announcement on Friday.

Expect very, very good news for Arkansas.

Richard this guy doesn't seem to have much of a file.  What do we know that Rivals, Scout and company don't.  No stars, no rating just flying under the radar.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: jbhicks on July 24, 2007, 11:31:55 am
Nice, thank you for the update. Did he mention whether or not he had received an offer from AU? I heard there was a chance he was going to get an offer.

Auburn told him that they would offer him later this week.

JackJohnson

Just miss state.  he says southern miss may be offering, and he went to auburns camp but didn't get an offer.

you can find all of that in his latest article on scout dated July 19th. 

hogfan0307

I agree with you...I have my questions but all I have to do is remember...

Jamaal Anderson-2 star who no one wanted....1st round draft pick
Antwain Robinson-DE (only offers were UA and UAPB)...a top 20 DE in the country
Malcolm Shepherd DE-wasn't even heard of in the database...started the bowl game last year, showed much promise

Our coaching staff is one of the best in the nation in developing players...and alot of people think Rocker is the best assistant on the staff...we are lucky to have him!

PigPusher

Quote from: hogfan0307 on July 24, 2007, 04:29:35 pm

I agree with you...I have my questions but all I have to do is remember...

Jamaal Anderson-2 star who no one wanted....1st round draft pick
Antwain Robinson-DE (only offers were UA and UAPB)...a top 20 DE in the country
Malcolm Shepherd DE-wasn't even heard of in the database...started the bowl game last year, showed much promise

Our coaching staff is one of the best in the nation in developing players...and alot of people think Rocker is the best assistant on the staff...we are lucky to have him!

Well someone the other day did write that all that star stuff was primarily for entertainment.  Here's hoping.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Bomis Hawg

I defer to Reggie on defensive recruits.  We'll see, though, if his system/plan is as good as advertised as two of his potential studs get a lot of PT this year -- Ryan Powers and Malcolm Sheppard.

The Recruiting Guy

I talked to Cam at camp and he was expecting an offer from Auburn. I also talked to his dad briefly Saturday and he made it clear he would like to see Cam on the Hill.

Cam stands 6'4 or 6'5 around 235 to 245. He's ran 4.7 forty.

hawgbawb

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 24, 2007, 05:53:44 pm

I talked to Cam at camp and he was expecting an offer from Auburn. I also talked to his dad briefly Saturday and he made it clear he would like to see Cam on the Hill.

Sounds good to me, if he has the right attitude.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: David Bergendahl on July 24, 2007, 02:37:00 pm

He looks exactly like Greg Oden.  I hope the AARP is strong on the Hill.

Oklahawg

Two things concerned Hog fans should remember:

1. UA is known for being too stingy with its offers in spring and summer, and then has to scramble to fill out their slots late in the game, chasing academic risks and pursuing diamonds in the rough. Works out okay some times, but there are some good kids we miss because of the stinginess. These "summer and spring offer" guys are Plan "A" type players.
2. Reggie Herring has signed off on this guy being a Plan "A" type player, someone he sees as perfect for his system.

Two good trends for UA with this particular player, and our summer recruiting in general.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hardcorehogfan

i just hope he is not a chavis williams of last year.

Littlehog AR

SoTexHog

He will get bigger & faster.  He has the frame at 6'5" or maybe 6'6" to add some weight.  Running a 4.7 is fast enough to be a DE.  So he has the tools.  This would be a really good pick up IMO because he is from the Brimingham AL area.  It would be very good to make inroads into that talent pool.
Here's hoping he becomes a HOG and a very successful one at that.  And yeah, he does look like Greg Oden.

ksrazorback

This story has just a blip on quite a few... a priority Defense including DE Oden or I mean DE Henderson.  :D

By Otis Kirk,
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=rivals-139848&prov=rivals&type=story_recruiting

:razorback:  Go Razorbacks    :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Eric Cartman

jw, what did Jamal Anderson run the 40 in? (to compare to DE recruits)

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

ListenHereMister

Tomhog™

It looks like Arkansas will land more than half of the Plan A players this year.  It would be nice if they only scrambe for 1-2 players towards Signing Day.  It would be even better not have to go to Plan C at all...

Razorod

Quote from: Tomcat on July 25, 2007, 09:01:14 am
It looks like Arkansas will land more than half of the Plan A players this year.  It would be nice if they only scrambe for 1-2 players towards Signing Day.  It would be even better not have to go to Plan C at all...

This is where we have to get if we truly want to be competitive in the SEC. By that I mean not just getting to the SEC championship game and then looking like we didn't really belong in it, but getting there and playing head to head with the SEC East champ and winning our share of those kind of games.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

rdizzle

What time does he plan to announce Friday?

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Razorod on July 25, 2007, 09:07:33 am
Quote from: Tomcat on July 25, 2007, 09:01:14 am

This is where we have to get if we truly want to be competitive in the SEC. By that I mean not just getting to the SEC championship game and then looking like we didn't really belong in it, but getting there and playing head to head with the SEC East champ and winning our share of those kind of games.
Razorod,

Not to pick too fine a bone with you - because I agree wholeheartedly with the primary point of your post - but we alredy "look like we belong there".  In prior appearances - no, we didn't.  But if not for a stupendous mistake by one individual on ONE play - we may well have been SEC Champions last year; and that would have been a win over the team that DID go on to blow out Ohio State to win the National Championship.

Again - I get, and agree with, your main point; but the better news is that we're already a lot closer to that point than your final comment makes it seem.

Ish O

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 24, 2007, 05:53:44 pm

That's great news. This kid sounds like a stud.