Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tennessee boards.....

Started by mcfaddenforheisman, July 23, 2007, 02:38:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mcfaddenforheisman

giving us no credit whatsoever... 

Why do they think they will beat us so badly this season???

PigWig

They must not have watched the game last year.
;)

ilovepinebluff

That Rickyvol guy on Rivals is a prick.

mcfaddenforheisman

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on July 23, 2007, 02:40:54 pm
That Rickyvol guy on Rivals is a prick.

i am looking at volnation and they think they are just going to steamroll us.  I don't get it.

COCHISE

Quote from: mcfaddenforheisman on July 23, 2007, 02:38:38 pm

They were saying the same thing prior to our game last year, we see that worked out for 'em... :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Beaverfever

We did some serious ownage of them in the game last year.  It really was never close at all.

gohogs

TheOtherWhiteMeat

Who gives a Frank what Tennessee message board goobers think ?

PigPusher

It could be that we have not on the long haul earned anyone's respect in modern times.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: donewithdale on July 23, 2007, 03:07:39 pm
Maybe because they were missing their starting qb in last year's game.  This season's game is in Knoxville.  They expect excellence from their program and know that they have been recruiting well for years so the talent is there.  Not saying its justified but I can understand why a Tennessee homer would think our win last year was an aberration.

QB's don't play on defense though. I have a hard time believing that they would have scored over 31 points that game.

spudhog

ut should feel as though they will beat us. we have never beaten them consecutively in our history. but, they lost their whole wr crew, some key defenders and they finished poorly last season. so, ainge may be back but they still got a lot to work on. they aren't going to be poor but just not in the elite of the conference. we have too many guys coming back for them to beat us. ainge is a good qb but with no good rb's and no proven wr's, going to be tough.

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: donewithdale on July 23, 2007, 03:18:23 pm
Quote from: ilovepinebluff on July 23, 2007, 03:09:57 pm
Maybe because they were missing their starting qb in last year's game.  This season's game is in Knoxville.  They expect excellence from their program and know that they have been recruiting well for years so the talent is there.  Not saying its justified but I can understand why a Tennessee homer would think our win last year was an aberration.

QB's don't play on defense though. I have a hard time believing that they would have scored over 31 points that game.

How many pts did we score once Tenn made defensive halftime adjustments?  Can't underestimate the effect of not having their qb and being ineffective on offense especially in the first half.

I think it was more of Nutt trying to hold on to the lead, rather than UT making a defensive adjustment. We were still racking up plenty of yards in the second half.

twistitup

What? Tennessee not respecting us? I thought they knew...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hogphilia

Look, you are talking about Tennessee!  They are like OU...they think that they are a shoo-in for the national title before every season starts.

COCHISE

Ainge or no Ainge........there are very few if any teams that could have beaten Arkansas on that particular night.

Realist

Last time I checked their rivals board, most were predicting us to beat them so long as McFadden was in the game.  They have plenty of respect

OTTER

Because they have Phat Phil.(and because they are delusional from hearing that #@@!!&* Rockey Top too often) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Winner

Because the SEC still looks at Arkansas as second rate and one good year isn't going to change that.  We put three good years in a row together, and people will start thinking we've arrived.  Until then, we're a flash in the pan to most SEC fans.

Little E

Easy.  Because Houston Nutt is still the coach. 

nealeb

Quote from: Hogphilia on July 23, 2007, 03:28:33 pm

Look, you are talking about Tennessee!  They are like OU...they think that they are a shoo-in for the national title before every season starts.
The biggest difference between Arkansas and Tennessee is not talent, its the fact that Razorback fans expect to win 10+ games a season and Tennessee fans expect to win the SEC Title and MNC.   You guys need to drop the loser mentality and expect to win a SEC title. 

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: Little E on July 23, 2007, 03:47:22 pm

Fat Phil isnt exactly a good coach either.

F1_Razorhawg

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I think that's a good enough reason for them to be confident.  Houston has never won in Knoxville.  There's a chance he never will.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

bphi11ips

I've lived in Tennessee for 14 years.  Vols fans think Arkansas started playing football in 1992.  They only take two teams seriously - Florida and Alabama.  I've heard LSU fans are the most obnoxious in the SEC, but my vote is Tennessee fans hands down. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hirebutchdavis

Guys, I don't know if Tennessee is back or what.  Ainge might have graduated I don't know.  Tennessee couldn't possibly beat us.  Do you know why?  Cutcliiffe is installing the no huddle.  You know that offense will not possbily work in the SEC.  However, I will take Tennessee and the pts when the game comes around if they are getting pts at knoxville.  Its awefully tough to beat Fulmer at his house.  The last time we did it Lunny was a freshman if my memory serves me correctly.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 23, 2007, 04:04:40 pm
I've lived in Tennessee for 14 years.  Vols fans think Arkansas started playing football in 1992.  They only take two teams seriously - Florida and Alabama.  I've heard LSU fans are the most obnoxious in the SEC, but my vote is Tennessee fans hands down. 

I agree completely.  Used to live in Kingsport, myself.  What part of the state are you in?  Living in East Tennessee, I thought all that orange was going to burn out my retinas.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Hawgzilla

Because Daddy Frank said we are 8th or9th in the SEC in potential.......... :-\

HangTenHog

Quote from: nealeb on July 23, 2007, 03:49:20 pm
Quote from: Hogphilia on July 23, 2007, 03:28:33 pm

The biggest difference between Arkansas and Tennessee is not talent, its the fact that Razorback fans expect to win 10+ games a season and Tennessee fans expect to win the SEC Title and MNC.   You guys need to drop the loser mentality and expect to win a SEC title. 

Hallelujah! Amen brother.

+1

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: Fresh Legs? on July 23, 2007, 04:07:02 pm
Quote from: ilovepinebluff on July 23, 2007, 03:54:21 pm

Shoot no, he's horrible.  Just won a National Title.

We don't care about national titles around here.  Just Western Division "championships" and moral victories.

It should be noted that the national title you are referring to is the one that was ours for the taking.  And we did what we do best......choke.

ShellHog

VOLS starting QB watched the first qtr from sideline and wanted nothing to do with HOGS D-Line that night!! J. Anderson was a Man-child....If I remember correctly, he was slammin QB's down (with one arm), runnin QB's down, he was all over the back field...dude was Awesome.

nealeb

Quote from: ShellHog on July 23, 2007, 04:27:28 pm

VOLS starting QB watched the first qtr from sideline and wanted nothing to do with HOGS D-Line that night!! J. Anderson was a Man-child....If I remember correctly, he was slammin QB's down (with one arm), runnin QB's down, he was all over the back field...dude was Awesome.

That was last year..  Stop being Al Bundy and think about this year.

ShellHog

Quote from: nealeb on July 23, 2007, 04:31:57 pm
Quote from: ShellHog on July 23, 2007, 04:27:28 pm

That was last year..  Stop being Al Bundy and think about this year.

What? Al Bundy?
Your theory is VOLS win b/c their fans want it more...how dumb is that?
My theory is HOGS win b/c VOLS defence can't tackle D-MAC.....or Jones, or Monk, maybe not even Hillis.

IMO, Hogs have tougher time @ Alabama than Tennessee. 

Nashville Fan

Year in year out .... TN only respects FL, LSU, Bama and GA. Nobody else.
Pittman or Bust!

aaron_c

"McFadden will be pounded by LSU"...Straight from volnation.  We'll see.  They appear to have forgotten that McFadden put up more yards against LSU than any back all season, if I'm not mistaken.

WPS  :razorback:

The_Bionic_Pig

Tenneessee needs to focus on the first game of the year and Heisman hopfull DeSean Jackson and the California Offense.  Their Defense lost a lot but their Offense could easily put 6-7 TD's on the Vol Defense.  It is a revenge game for them too.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: aaron_c on July 23, 2007, 05:01:15 pm
"McFadden will be pounded by LSU"...Straight from volnation.  We'll see.  They appear to have forgotten that McFadden put up more yards against LSU than any back all season, if I'm not mistaken.

WPS  :razorback:

MacFadden had 182 yds on LSU and they knew the run was coming.... Hell Felix Jones had 137 yds in the same game.....lol
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on July 23, 2007, 04:07:02 pm

Congrats to him. He won a National Title which was COMPLETELY unearned. Ask any football analyst, and they will say Tennessee was the worst and luckiest team to ever win the NC. Even in the national title game, they got to play against Florida States 3rd string QB. One year does not make a head coach. Going by your logic, Houston Nutt is a good coach because of the 2006 season.

Hell, did he even win an SEC championship with Peyton?

ALLVOL

July 23, 2007, 05:46:51 pm #37 Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:48:38 pm by ALLVOL
Quote from: ilovepinebluff on July 23, 2007, 05:19:38 pm

Congrats to him. He won a National Title which was COMPLETELY unearned. Ask any football analyst, and they will say Tennessee was the worst and luckiest team to ever win the NC. Even in the national title game, they got to play against Florida States 3rd string QB. One year does not make a head coach. Going by your logic, Houston Nutt is a good coach because of the 2006 season.

He has one of the highest winning percentages of any coach with 8 or more years. Yes he did win an SEC title with Peyton and a national championship with T Martin. No it was not their 3rd string qb. And if I read correctly having your starting qb on the bench doesn't matter. Right? Does unearned mean beating bammer, hogs, UGA, LSU, Gators and FSU?

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: ALLVOL on July 23, 2007, 05:46:51 pm
Quote from: ilovepinebluff on July 23, 2007, 05:19:38 pm

He has one of the highest winning percentages of any coach with 8 or more years. Yes he did win an SEC title with Peyton and a national championship. No it was not their 3rd string qb. And if I read correctly having your starting qb on the bench doesn't matter. Right?

Didnt he win the NC with Tee Martin, and not Peyton?

slopinhogs

Vols are running the HUNH this year and may well be able to brag a little. I'll just wait and see:razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

ALLVOL

UT fans have a ton of respect for the hogs. I was surprised to find that a bunch of hog fans hate UT so much because of the respect factor we have for the hogs. If any of you think that the majority of VOL fans are looking past the hogs you are mistaken.
I will make no excuse. If Ainge had played last year we still would have lost. The hogs were the better team and should have even beaten LSU and Florida. JMO 

ALLVOL

Quote from: slopinhogs on July 23, 2007, 05:50:43 pm
Vols are running the HUNH this year and may well be able to brag a little. I'll just wait and see:razorback:

It won't be the hurry up. It will look more like what the Colts run.

toshortrock

we will have a chance to win it this year,but nutt will choke hisself again and we lose and everybody around here will be mad as hell once again
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

rljjr

Neyland is a great place for college football and an even better place to watch UT-Knoxville get beaten. I expect a competitive game. Those guys are still licking their wounds from their Nationally Televised whacking by the Hogs. We'll see how this year's game goes, but I'm hoping for a Hog win.

razorbass

They didn't listen to what their coach had to say about him at halftime last year!                               " He's all man, we've got to tackle his butt" ::) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

ALLVOL

Quote from: razorbass on July 23, 2007, 06:50:19 pm
They didn't listen to what their coach had to say about him at halftime last year!                               " He's all man, we've got to tackle his butt" ::) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

That is easier said than done.

razorbass

Quote from: ALLVOL on July 23, 2007, 07:03:43 pm
They didn't listen to what their coach had to say about him at halftime last year!                               " He's all man, we've got to tackle his butt" ::) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

That is easier said than done.
People say he's a marked man this year, but he was a marked man last year too. ;)

usnavyhogfan

They didn't listen to what their coach had to say about him at halftime last year!                               " He's all man, we've got to tackle his butt" ::) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

man that had me laughin last year when he said that. sounded like boomhauer from king of the hill. its great to be debating football again!
The dream is free, the journey is not.

Fayetnam

Quote from: hirebutchdavis on July 23, 2007, 04:06:07 pm
Guys, I don't know if Tennessee is back or what.  Ainge might have graduated I don't know.  Tennessee couldn't possibly beat us.  Do you know why?  Cutcliiffe is installing the no huddle.  You know that offense will not possbily work in the SEC.  However, I will take Tennessee and the pts when the game comes around if they are getting pts at knoxville.  Its awefully tough to beat Fulmer at his house.  The last time we did it Lunny was a freshman if my memory serves me correctly.

Didn't Florida just win a National Title with a version of "that offense that won't work in the SEC"?

rihog

I don't usually post, but I do like to read. However, I felt compelled to at least put my .02 cents in. Fulmer has said that he wants to use the Running Backs to compensate for his lack of depth at reciever. The trio of RBs did little, averaging 108 ypg. And they had a combind 19 catches last season.  However, Fullmer must not have been that impressed with the other receivers on Campus either, because he was trolling the Jucos for a couple of WRs. Furthermore, they lost the whole left side of their line, and unlike most years, they don't have ready made replacements that will show little or no drop off.

On defense, they have a good not great front four, but there is zero depth behind. There is one retruning starter in tehir secondary, again poor recruiting at this position has put them in a bind, and they lack any real play making ability.

Now I am not saying that Arkansas will hands down win this game. There are a couple factors against that. Such as
1. It is at Neyland, which is never an easy win for the road team regardless of who.
2. If Ainge is healty, he will move the offense.

However, I think that Arkansas has a strong shot at winning this one.
Our biggest strength is that we don't have any weaknesses;
Our biggest weakness is that we don't have any strengths. -J. Frank Broyles