Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Feel Good About Our Chances With Lynn

Started by jbhicks, July 23, 2007, 02:15:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

July 23, 2007, 02:15:18 pm Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 01:34:16 pm by jbhicks
He has narrowed his choices down to six, but still wants to visit NU (which is not in his list). I think we will make his short list of 2-3, and I feel good about David Lee closing him from there. His dad and David Lee are friends from their coaching days in Dallas, DL has formed a great relationship with D'Anton. He likes the thought of playing at Penn State because his dad is a coach for the Cleveland Browns, and would get to see him play more. He also likes Texas Tech because that is where is dad played. He likes Florida because they are Florida. Same thing with USC.

Remember, we were the first school to offer him. If we land Lynn, it could be the biggest out-of-state pickup in the secondary since Ahmad Carroll. This kid is the real deal.

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

jbhicks

July 23, 2007, 02:21:25 pm #2 Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 02:34:18 pm by jbhicks
D'Anton Lynn. He is from Celina, TX. Plays safety or cornerback and has a ton of offers.

jhudson84

"He said he likes USC, Florida and Penn State solidly over Texas Tech, Louisville, Arkansas and Nebraska. All of his favorites have offered"

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=660542

jbhicks

You can never put too much stock into what these kids say during interviews. The reason I think the quote I posted from an interview is important is because he mentions us as a favorite to a Penn State reporter. Many times these recruits will tell the reporter a biased answer based on what school they represent. The fact that he has mentioned Arkansas over and over again with many different reporters is a great thing in my eyes. I am not ready to put money on it; I just think we are in a solid position.

If you read the article JHudson posted, he goes on to say that those are not necessarily his top 3:

"I'm not saying these are my top three for sure..." (from scout.com interview previously posted).

jhudson84

Your right about what they say to who.  Just seems like were the first to offer, TT is his dad's school.  But when the big boys come calling. 

pig_sooie

Quote from: jbhicks on July 23, 2007, 02:33:26 pm
You can never put too much stock into what these kids say during interviews. The reason I think the quote I posted from an interview is important is because he mentions us as a favorite to a Penn State reporter. Many times these recruits will tell the reporter a biased answer based on what school they represent. The fact that he has mentioned Arkansas over and over again with many different reporters is a great thing in my eyes. I am not ready to put money on it; I just think we are in a solid position.

If you read the article JHudson posted, he goes on to say that those are not necessarily his top 3:

"I'm not saying these are my top three for sure..." (from scout.com interview previously posted).

It's obvious you're getting your info from Rivals. Why do you pay the 10 dollars a month to just bring it over here?

hogtheznutts

Quote from: pig_sooie on July 23, 2007, 02:48:08 pm

It's obvious you're getting your info from Rivals. Why do you pay the 10 dollars a month to just bring it over here?

Why do you care what he does with his 10 bucks.  Say thank you!

The_Bionic_Pig

July 24, 2007, 01:32:01 pm #8 Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 01:33:33 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: pig_sooie on July 23, 2007, 02:48:08 pm

Actually that info came from scout pig_sooie.   For some reason everyone assumes that Rivals is the end of all when it comes to recruiting info and forget their are 4 more services out their that release basically the same info in a different format.  If Rotnei Clarks announces his top 5 to Dave Telep, Bob Gibbons, Van Coleman... etc...  and informs Trey Biddy of the same list a day later people assume that this came from Rivals.   So the next time you hear something on Lynn why not assume it came from Jamie Newberg or Allen Wallace and numerous others who put out free articles concerning recruits because their is a great chance that a recruit has been asked that question 100+ times that same week already by different interviewers (Including Otis Kirk & Dudley Dawson)   Their are tons of info on recruits from the Dallas Morning News to something as simple as the Newspaper. That is his hometown Newspaper by the way. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

BravesHawg

Doesn't everyone who post on here with "inside info" besides TRG get their stuff off pay sites? There's only one guy with real sources on here.

The_Bionic_Pig

July 24, 2007, 01:36:45 pm #10 Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 01:38:30 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: BravesHawg on July 24, 2007, 01:32:56 pm
Doesn't everyone who post on here with "inside info" besides TRG get their stuff off pay sites? There's only one guy with real sources on here.

Hometown Newspapers,  Free Articles by rival schools in persuit of the same recruit, High School Newspaper, Word of Mouth plays a major role also.  95% of the Recruits in Arkansas, Louisiana & Texas have a Razorback who is either a neighbor, classmate, friend of the family, Coaches etc... or even has or will drive to see the kid in action at his high school.  How do you think they come about getting these recruits private Cell Phone Numbers to begin with for these PPV articles.   You can't wait for a kid to attend camp  or hope his High School coach doesn't mind giving out private info.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pig_sooie

Actually, the interview referring to the Penn St. reporter is from Rivals. I don't care what he does with his money. I just don't understand it is all.

pig_sooie

I also think it's funny how some people read those articles on Rivals (or Scout) and come paraphrase it over here acting like it's their own personal opinion.

Hogstocking

Quote from: pig_sooie on July 24, 2007, 01:48:58 pm
Actually, the interview referring to the Penn St. reporter is from Rivals. I don't care what he does with his money. I just don't understand it is all.

As I understand it, as long as it's not copy and pasted it's fine.  Much of the info is the same, reguardless where it comes from anyway.

Realist

He is this years William Cole, blowing up as the recruiting season wears on

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: pig_sooie on July 24, 2007, 01:51:59 pm
I also think it's funny how some people read those articles on Rivals (or Scout) and come paraphrase it over here acting like it's their own personal opinion.

I agree with you.  I also think it's comical for the one or two that have, taken Richard's stuff and passed as their own on other sites.  They know who they are.  Weasels.

mrcrowley

July 26, 2007, 07:53:49 am #16 Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 07:56:36 am by mrcrowley
i dont have any sources an i live out of state...i love this place!!!!!

thank you tomcat,stewie,trg an jb for all that you do on here....

WPS