Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which coach would you prefer to have for the next 5 years?

Started by SooiecidetillNuttgone, July 13, 2007, 11:58:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which coach would you prefer to have for the next 5 years?

Rich Brooks
3 (1.4%)
Sylvester Croom
1 (0.5%)
Phillip Fulmer
2 (0.9%)
Bobby Johnson
6 (2.7%)
Urban Meyer
84 (38.2%)
Les Miles
1 (0.5%)
Houston Nutt
21 (9.5%)
Ed Orgeron
1 (0.5%)
Mark Richt
46 (20.9%)
Nick Saban
13 (5.9%)
Steve Spurrier
26 (11.8%)
Tommy Tuberville
16 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 205

BigDeal

Quote from: Question-Man on July 13, 2007, 12:56:50 pm
Quote from: BigDeal on July 13, 2007, 12:52:35 pm
I picked Houston Nutt. But let me tell you why before anyone makes any assumptions. Most of the coaches on the list, we could never hire. That leaves those guys out. That pretty much narrows the selection to Sylvester, Ed, & Houston as the top candidates. Of those, Houston is the better selection.

The poll was meant to see who you would want for a guaranteed five year period.  So.....would you still stick with HDN?

Yes. 15 years should be plenty of time to build a National Champion.

razorsharphawg

Quote from: mj4president on July 13, 2007, 01:01:50 pm
Quote from: Jerk Pork on July 13, 2007, 12:58:22 pm
Quote from: mj4president on July 13, 2007, 12:55:30 pm
Quote from: DOCHog21 on July 13, 2007, 12:53:49 pm
We might have a passing game! Everything else is questionable with frank the tank really calling the shots.

Wow. Correct me if I am wrong but AUBURN passed less than we did last season.
Leave FACTS out of this...all you have to say is FIRE THE DORK...that makse for more interesting reading

Why leave the facts out? The poster thinks Auburn and tubbs passes! If people have a different opinion than me I am OK with it just as long as their statements hold some truth. Auburn runs,runs, and runs, just like we do.

And they WIN, WIN, and WIN just like we don't....well, most of the time except when the Hogs go down there to play.

JDW-20

Don't give Tuberville to much credit his success has come only from the troubles Alabama has been haveing.  Alabama will start getting most of the talent in state again before to long.  Tuberville needs to go looking while the getting good.  He just happen to be the coach at Auburn at the right time.

hogtusk

Tuberville as the Hog's coach might drive me over the edge, it would be like John Brady being named our basketball coach.
One of those coaches I love to hate.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

HDale

July 13, 2007, 01:15:00 pm #54 Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 01:20:57 pm by HDale
Is J. Frank Broyles still the AD?

If not then put me down for a NC. If Frank is still the AD then put me down for a no.

My expuhts tell me that we will nevah win a NC with Foghorn Leghorn as AD.

Boy, I say Boy, put down that playbook and get ovah heah.
I will always hate the Dork

31to6

Quote from: Hes All Man on July 13, 2007, 12:08:56 pm
Mark Richt, hes a good Christian man. And is a winner. If he could only beat Florida....
Quote from: Turnberry on July 13, 2007, 12:21:58 pm
Urban Meyer

1) Has won every where he's gone
2) Excellent recruiter
3) Genius offensive mind
4) 4-0  in Bowls, NC

The only fear would be him leaving for the NFL.

I picked Mark Richt. His performance at Georgia is superb and consistent.

I think UM is a very exciting coach, but I am concerned about the state of the program after he leaves and his likely length of tenure. He clearly wants a shot at the pros and seems willing to surf the NCAA sanction event horizon.

Not sure I want to pick up the pieces in four years.

cbjagman

Quote from: PigWig on July 13, 2007, 12:06:58 pm
Urban Meyer.

He's a winner, and not like Houston is a winner.

Meyer is a class act all the way around.
Ahh, you point out that Urban is a winner; however, is he also a "fighter" like our Dale? LOL

pigatron

I voted for Nuttjob. Without him, I think Hogville would go away, and I love to come here when I am down for a real good belly laugh.

RazorChuck

hawgwilde

Urban Meyer.  Nutt isn't qualified to even clean the fumunda cheese of the top 6 coaches in the league.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

Boner

Interesting that so many chose Richt over four coaches who have an NC, and one who went undefeated.

I like Richt a lot, and would love to have him.  But he has a lot of built in advantages being at UGA.  Although I don't think he's anywhere close to being on the hot seat, his troubles against Florida (plus another UF NC), his team's performance at home in the Sugar Bowl against WVU, and his "poor" season last year have started to turn up the heat a bit.  UGA is a school that has recruited with the best in the nation, but has fallen short when given the opportunity to make a huge national splash.

Again, the guy has two SEC titles, and last year was his worst year by far - 4-4 in the SEC.  He's got some skins, and is a great coach.

I'm just suprised that so many chose him, not over Nutt, but over the list of coaches provided.

Boner

Question to all who chose Mark Richt:

Should Nutt be gone at the end of this season, would you be happy if we went out and hired a Mark Richt-type.

In other words, if we hired an offensive coordinator(or DC like Stoops was) from a top program with no head coaching experience whatsoever, what would your reaction be?  I hear so often that we want a proven, experienced, big name coach.  In reality, not many school hire coaches like that.

I bet most people would be pissed if we hired a coordinator from a top program.  They'd say we went the cheap route once again.

MDW

If we had gotten Tuberville, he would have stayed maybe four or five years and then left for greener pastures.

Hog Scratch Fever

I voted for Mark Reicht (sp?).  I've always liked his style and he has been a winner.  It was too late to change my vote to Urban Meyer but I like the offensive scheme there, too.  Now that Phat Phil has the guts to change to the HUNH offense and after his comment about Dmac, ("He's all man!") I kind of wanted to vote for him even with my dislike for Tennessee.  Although Kentucky's coach (what's his name?) actually has developed a quarterback, I might have voted for him.  Oh well, let's just enjoy what the PTB have handed down to us and keep our high expectational mouths shut.
"It got a little nippy through the pass!"

Dugann

Gus would be my choice! but he wasn't on list so I went with the next best thing ie Gus like Urban Myers
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

So we have 12 votes for Nutt now.  Who in their right mind is so delusional to pick HDN over Meyer, Spurrier, Richt, Tubberville, and others?  I haven't seen anybody defend their pick for him... curious to see what kind of twisted logic they bring to the table....

Edit: Almost forgot - I would choose Meyer.

grayhawg

I can't believe Nutt is in 3rd place. meyer my vote

booogaga

GO HOGS!

mj4president

Quote from: razorsharphawg on July 13, 2007, 01:13:02 pm
We might have a passing game! Everything else is questionable with frank the tank really calling the shots.

Leave FACTS out of this...all you have to say is FIRE THE DORK...that makse for more interesting reading

Why leave the facts out? The poster thinks Auburn and tubbs passes! If people have a different opinion than me I am OK with it just as long as their statements hold some truth. Auburn runs,runs, and runs, just like we do.

And they WIN, WIN, and WIN just like we don't....well, most of the time except when the Hogs go down there to play.

I never said they didn't win. WE WON LAST YEAR. The poster that said "we might have a passing game." To me I read it like the poster thought Auburn was Texas Tech or something. Thanks for the detailed stats. Both don't pass. Plain and simple. We NEED a much more improved passing game, I KNOW THAT. If we did Darren and Felix couldn't be stopped. It just pains me to see people get mad if Darren and Felix each run for over 100 yards and get a win but they are angry b/c of what nutt told a couple of players. I think this year is going to be a great one.
CD is back,healthy, and everyone knows who is the qb. Darren and Felix, dont need to explain that one.  AT WORST 10-2 reg season and a bowl loss putting us at 10-3 or 11-1 with a bowl win.

I can't wait.
ghg wps
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

BartIV

PigTimePlayer

Mark Richt . . . . all the ability and none of the jerk.

Plus I give you two words to remind us of what could have been - Matthew Stafford.  Their QB is going to be stud . . . ours has never been happier since he went 2000 miles away from Fayetteville.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

razorsharphawg

Quote from: HDale on July 13, 2007, 01:15:00 pm
Is J. Frank Broyles still the AD?

If not then put me down for a NC. If Frank is still the AD then put me down for a no.

My expuhts tell me that we will nevah win a NC with Foghorn Leghorn as AD.

Boy, I say Boy, put down that playbook and get ovah heah.

This is why I love HOGVILLE!!!
Quote from: mj4president on July 13, 2007, 03:07:08 pm
Quote from: razorsharphawg on July 13, 2007, 01:13:02 pm

I never said they didn't win. WE WON LAST YEAR. The poster that said "we might have a passing game." To me I read it like the poster thought Auburn was Texas Tech or something. Thanks for the detailed stats. Both don't pass. Plain and simple. We NEED a much more improved passing game, I KNOW THAT. If we did Darren and Felix couldn't be stopped. It just pains me to see people get mad if Darren and Felix each run for over 100 yards and get a win but they are angry b/c of what nutt told a couple of players. I think this year is going to be a great one.
CD is back,healthy, and everyone knows who is the qb. Darren and Felix, dont need to explain that one.  AT WORST 10-2 reg season and a bowl loss putting us at 10-3 or 11-1 with a bowl win.

I can't wait.
ghg wps

I feel your pain and share in your enthusiasm for the upcoming season.  I want us to win, too.  I have no problem with running the ball if that's what will win games and I've said that in many posts.  I still feel we could have won the LSU and Florida games despite the poor passing attack, but thanks to a few bad decisions, that didn't happen.  Don't mistake me for a "HUNH or die" poster but I am looking forward to see what Lee can do with the passing game this year.

31to6

Quote from: Boner on July 13, 2007, 01:44:55 pm
Interesting that so many chose Richt over four coaches who have an NC, and one who went undefeated.
Saban is too expensive and Fulmer is too fossilized.

Meyer has a better track-record, but I question whether he would stay five years. I'd be happy to have him after he scratches his NFL itch.

Tuberville is a better coach than Nutt, by far. I just think his teams are a bit less exciting than the others.

Richt has done everything in 6 years that people list as their "realistic expectations for Hog football" : 2 SECCG, 2 BCS appearances, 1 BCS victory

Order of preference: Richt, Meyer, Tubervile, Saban .

Would be escstatic with anyone on that list, however. All are great.

grayhawg

rare71

Class of 2002.....better late than never!!!

BigDeal

Quote from: MDW on July 13, 2007, 01:53:02 pm
If we had gotten Tuberville, he would have stayed maybe four or five years and then left for greener pastures.

Maybe. But then again coaching the hogs may have been his dream job. Much like a lot of coaches from Arkansas.

grayhawg

Nutt tied with Spuirrer for 3rd place, hurry someone vote for Steve

jackflash

Meyer is a good coach, my question is how much of his success is because he at Florida, look at Carroll from USC not very good in the pros, setting the world on fire now,Saban OK at Michigan state, great at LSU, wait and see at Alabama, will have to complete with Auburn for talent, not very good in the pros, their are certain schools you going to be successful at

RedSatinHog

Tuberville.  He should have been hired ahead of Nutt anyway.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

ferrellhog

i voted for richt MY list would be
1 Mark Richt
2 spurrier
3 meyer
4 johnson
5 fulmer
6 brooks
7 saban (i hate him to much to give him props sorry )
8 miles
9 tubberville probably should be higher but I dont think he is that much better than Nutt
10 Nutt
11 croom
12 orgeron
All this being said I think croom and orgeron could recruit circles around our staff with less to offer a student athlete ( well maybe not ole miss but starkville is a sespool)