Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

Quote from: donewithdale on July 06, 2007, 11:36:50 am
Quote from: ALLVOL on July 06, 2007, 09:49:33 am
Quote from: Albert Einswine on July 06, 2007, 09:37:01 am
Quote from: ALLVOL on July 06, 2007, 09:11:38 am
Quote from: Albert Einswine on July 06, 2007, 08:17:30 am
Quote from: ALLVOL on July 06, 2007, 08:14:03 am

Not even close. UT has a much higher winning % against bammer than ARKY does Texas. Check the facts.

You guys can dislike UT all you want. That's fine with me. But the fact is LONG before TOSU, Michigan and other schools were doing what they did Bear Bryant was already a legend at it. As far as Fulmer backstabbing Majors? You are way off. Coach Majors made a mockery of himself and caused himself his job.

Thanks for checking in and clearing that up Mrs. Fulmer.
Don't fear the truth man. And why on earth would a Hog fan, a fan of an institution of respect nationally be on the side of the dirtiest program of all time. If the Hogs want a rival it should be those mouth breathers from bammer.

Let's get one thing straight, Oklahoma is the dirtiest program of all time.  As to your other question, it's not that I'm on Bama's side. During the week of our game with them I'm a first rate Bama hater.

It's just that for the rest of the year I don't mind them so much.  Tennessee, on the other hand, is a team I hate in my sleep and it has to do with the arrogant, obnoxious Vols fans I've met and worked with over the years.

In my experience, Tennessee fans are the least complimentary and whiniest fans in all of college sports.

Sorry you feel that way. When I went to the UT hogs game last year I met Hog fan after Hog fan who told me just the opposite. They told me that their favorite place to travel to is Knoxville because of how they were treated. I can say the same for Fayeteville and how I was treated.
And as far as OU being the dirtiest. You need to go back a lot further than the 80's to see about what all the bear did. He changed the game in many ways. Yes Switzer was not a choir boy by any means. But he IMO was not as dirty as the bear and bammer.

You need to go back and do some reading on Bud Wilkinson at OU.  OU has a long history or cheating, winning big, going on probation, cheating, winning big, probation and so on...  No coincidence they get some Texas' best, win under Stoops and then the Bomar/car dealer story comes out.  I'm not saying at all Stoops knew about it.  But Bama and OU are like identical twins. 
I will concede that they are close. And I will also concede that my dislike for bammer may push me to chosing them as the dirtiest program. Your point however is well taken.

Theolesnort

A lot of you folks are talking with your emotions about Saban and about what you want to happen. Saban is not what you call a strategy coach where he will take your players and beat his or take his players and beat yours like a Lou Holtz in his prime. What he is, is all business, hard working , no fooling around fundamentally sound coach. What he will do at Alabama is build them the right way into a top program exactly like he did at LSU. He will recruit very well because of tradition plus his work ethic and Alabama will be top notch with in a few years if Sabin has retained the fire in his gut to excel. 
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Theolesnort on July 06, 2007, 11:47:02 am
A lot of you folks are talking with your emotions about Saban and about what you want to happen. Saban is not what you call a strategy coach where he will take your players and beat his or take his players and beat yours like a Lou Holtz in his prime. What he is, is all business, hard working , no fooling around fundamentally sound coach. What he will do at Alabama is build them the right way into a top program exactly like he did at LSU. He will recruit very well because of tradition plus his work ethic and Alabama will be top notch with in a few years if Sabin has retained the fire in his gut to excel. 

It appears that he is also a good judge of coaching talent and isn't too insecure to hire them and let them do their jobs.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Theolesnort

Plus he will recruit recruit recruit..................
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: ALLVOL on July 06, 2007, 08:14:03 am
Quote from: HoopHog on July 05, 2007, 09:55:10 pm
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on July 05, 2007, 07:38:11 pm
Quote from: Albert Einswine on July 05, 2007, 07:17:37 pm
Quote from: HoopHog on July 05, 2007, 07:11:34 pm
I think it is simply instinctive for a Bama fan...when around a Tennessee fan.  It just naturally raises their dander!  They have a serious adversion to stool pidgeons!!!  :D

Honestly, I don't mind Bammers all that much.  A lot of them can be delusional and some of them are downright brain damaged, but on the whole, they're light years ahead of whiny a$$ Tennessee fans.

Tennessee fans crying about Bama cheating is pretty funny, really.
Bama ruled the SEC for so long that the Tenn. fans feel about them like we do Texas. They have a lot of catching up to do.Both sets of fans have treated me well at their places though.

Good anaology.  Tennessee is to Bama as Arkansas was/is to Texas. The thing is, neither Tennessee or Arkansas will ever level that playing field...no matter how much either tries to do just that. 

(Bang head against wall as hard as you can!)
Not even close. UT has a much higher winning % against bammer than ARKY does Texas. Check the facts.

You guys can dislike UT all you want. That's fine with me. But the fact is LONG before TOSU, Michigan and other schools were doing what they did Bear Bryant was already a legend at it. As far as Fulmer backstabbing Majors? You are way off. Coach Majors made a mockery of himself and caused himself his job.
I'm not even talking about the exact records, I'm talking in general, I know that Texas has like a 50-20 lead in series. I'm talking about the the past ( along time ago especially) Pre Fulmer and I'm not trying to put down his dominance in the series. They dominated everyone for a long time. Tenn. had its moments but weren't that much of a scare for Bammer back in the day.