Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scared of Saban?

Started by ALLVOL, July 03, 2007, 09:44:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stronguard

I'm not scared of Saban.  When he left LSU he reportedly told the AD there that NuttyBuddy was one of the best coaches and that they should go after him.  Anyone who thinks Nutt is a quality coach must have a little moron in them.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Bama Possum on July 03, 2007, 09:10:11 pm
While some people like to proclaim that Bama fans are delusional, please allow me to speak as a non-delusional representative...

1.  Bama fans expect another Bear Bryant or won't let Bear die...

There is a difference between honoring perhaps the greatest coach in college football and expecting him to return or find a prototype. Some people act is if Alabama fans should just forget that part of their history, particularly fans of teams who have little or no history. Alabama was a winning program before, especially during, and under Stallings AFTER Coach Bryant.

Trust me...I SWEAR TO EVERYTHING HOLY...The Bama folks expect another Bear, etc.etc. etc...is not only totally BS, it is a fallacy that pokes a hole in many theories.

2. Bama is some big cheating program that...blah, blah, blah...

Here, take a look at all the NCAA major infractions list...https://web1.ncaa.org/pdf/convert?pdfurl=http://goomer.ncaa.org:2020/wdbctx/lsdbi/lsdbi.lsdbi_mi_rpts.mostinfractionsrpt

No less than 35 other NCAA schools have more or more recent infractions than Alabama...

In the SEC alone...
Auburn is third in the whole nation with 7 majors,
Georgia has had 6 major infractions...
Kentucky has had 6 major infractions...
Mississippi State has had 5 major infractions...

Alabama has had 4 major infractions....

So has Florida- 4
Even Arkansas has had 3
Mississippi -3
LSU-2

That's 9 out of 12 SEC schools who have had more than one. Just think Arkansas only has to have one more to tie Alabama! Unfortunately, we all have a long way to go to catch Auburn. They are finally champs at something.

3.  Alabama is quite capable of recruiting the athletes it needs to compete nationally. Alabama actually has more 4 and 5 stars in it this year than LA. Also, Alabama and Auburn rarely compete for the same kids. Heck, Auburn won't have to get any Alabama kids, looks like they aren't doing so bad in Arkansas.

Most hogs fans are very cool, but I get tired of reading the same old crap about what Bama is and what their expectations are.

I've yet to hear of an irate Arkansas fan busting a couple of caps off at his son after a loss to the Tide............just sayin'. ;)
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Bama Possum

So one nutball is representative of entire fanbase?

That's a hasty generalization if I've ever seen one.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Bama Possum on July 03, 2007, 09:25:48 pm
So one nutball is representative of entire fanbase?

That's a hasty generalization if I've ever seen one.

Note the winking smiley?  Can't take a joke?  Wear your heart on your sleeve?

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Dwight_K_Shrute

I can't sleep.  Nick Saban is either in my closet or under the bed.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

COCHISE

Some of you guys should go take a look at the Bama boards, they're more convinced that Arkansas is going to win than many of our own fans are.

moses_007

July 04, 2007, 12:51:54 am #106 Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 12:53:57 am by moses_007
Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on July 03, 2007, 10:20:20 am
Quote from: HoopHog on July 03, 2007, 10:04:08 am
Quote from: PBD on July 03, 2007, 09:57:13 am
Saban will win a National Title at 'Bama within five years.

AGREED!

ALLVOL...your suggestion about cvery few coaches winning national championships at more than one school is good in theory, but it is also a fallacy of reasoning and here is why.  A coach wins a national champoionship at a school and more often than not that coach becomes a franchise coach for that institution (unless personal affairs get in the way, such as personality clashes like Holtz at ND, personal problems like drinking..i.e. your own Johnny Majors, etc.) 

Most coaches who win a national championship become a fixture at their respective school - Bowden, Paterno, Switzer, Stoops, Tressel (who won four national championships at Youngstown State)...even your own Fulmer.  They don't very often leave for another school.  What we have seen are collge coaches who gave pro football a try and returned to the college ranks (i.e. Spurrier and Saban, to name two).

But, one coach who DID win national championships at two schools finished up at (of all places) - ALABAMA.  Yes, the Bear won National Championships at more than one school (to answer your question).

Where did The Bear win a National Championship besides Alabama? Sure wasn't at KY or aTm. Did he coach somewhere else that I'm not aware of?

Coach Bear Bryant won SIX national championships, all at Alabama, during his tenure as head coach there.  No other college coach has ever won 6 national titles.  Here's the proof:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Bryant

hawaiianhogster

I'm not scared either. I just pick up an equalizer and call it even.

lilredheadedlady

AGREED!

ALLVOL...your suggestion about cvery few coaches winning national championships at more than one school is good in theory, but it is also a fallacy of reasoning and here is why.  A coach wins a national champoionship at a school and more often than not that coach becomes a franchise coach for that institution (unless personal affairs get in the way, such as personality clashes like Holtz at ND, personal problems like drinking..i.e. your own Johnny Majors, etc.) 

Most coaches who win a national championship become a fixture at their respective school - Bowden, Paterno, Switzer, Stoops, Tressel (who won four national championships at Youngstown State)...even your own Fulmer.  They don't very often leave for another school.  What we have seen are collge coaches who gave pro football a try and returned to the college ranks (i.e. Spurrier and Saban, to name two).

But, one coach who DID win national championships at two schools finished up at (of all places) - ALABAMA.  Yes, the Bear won National Championships at more than one school (to answer your question).

Please God, don't let Saban have that kind of luck.  =(
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ALLVOL on July 03, 2007, 03:58:35 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on July 03, 2007, 03:20:45 pm
Quote from: ALLVOL on July 03, 2007, 02:50:22 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on July 03, 2007, 02:42:39 pm
Quote from: ALLVOL on July 03, 2007, 09:44:20 am
Are hog fans scared of Saban? I'm not at all! The talk on ESPN, SI etc is like Saban is this great coach that is going to win everything. He only had a few 10 plus win seasons at LSU and MSU in total. He went to a school (LSU) where if he only keeps half the kids in New Orleans area he will field a monster team. I think he is in over his head at bammer. Those tools they call fans are getting ready to really get devastated and I for one love it. I think UT, LSU, Hogs, Auburn all beat them this year.

We might beat them but I think your hate for Bama is coming thru.  Yes, I know firsthand about the rivalry between Bama and Tennessee.  I don't know if I'm scared, but to say he just had a few 10 win seasons and act like it's nothing is a little ridiculous. 

If it was so easy at LSU, DiNardo could have done it.  Give him some credit. 

Yes I do hate bammer. Always have always will. And I do give him credit and have stated that I think he is a good coach. I just don't think he is the be all end all that the media is making him out to be. I would be more worried about Rich Rodriguez than Saban.

I guess I couldn't disagree more.  The man is a relentless worker and will build the program.  They will win and win big.  National Title?  I don't know about that but they will be a force to be reckoned with. 

Question for you...do you think he is a better coach than Fulmer?
Fulmer and Saban are 2 different types of coaches. I will say this. I would not trade for Saban. I think Rodriguez would have made me more nervous at bammer.

Cough, cough (bullsh!t) cough, cough!

grayhawg

While some people like to proclaim that Bama fans are delusional, please allow me to speak as a non-delusional representative...

There is a difference between honoring perhaps the greatest coach in college football and expecting him to return or find a prototype. Some people act is if Alabama fans should just forget that part of their history, particularly fans of teams who have little or no history. Alabama was a winning program before, especially during, and under Stallings AFTER Coach Bryant.

Trust me...I SWEAR TO EVERYTHING HOLY...The Bama folks expect another Bear, etc.etc. etc...is not only totally BS, it is a fallacy that pokes a hole in many theories.

Here, take a look at all the NCAA major infractions list...https://web1.ncaa.org/pdf/convert?pdfurl=http://goomer.ncaa.org:2020/wdbctx/lsdbi/lsdbi.lsdbi_mi_rpts.mostinfractionsrpt

No less than 35 other NCAA schools have more or more recent infractions than Alabama...

In the SEC alone...

So has Florida- 4
Even Arkansas has had 3
Mississippi -3
LSU-2

That's 9 out of 12 SEC schools who have had more than one. Just think Arkansas only has to have one more to tie Alabama! Unfortunately, we all have a long way to go to catch Auburn. They are finally champs at something.

3.  Alabama is quite capable of recruiting the athletes it needs to compete nationally. Alabama actually has more 4 and 5 stars in it this year than LA. Also, Alabama and Auburn rarely compete for the same kids. Heck, Auburn won't have to get any Alabama kids, looks like they aren't doing so bad in Arkansas.

Most hogs fans are very cool, but I get tired of reading the same old crap about what Bama is and what their expectations are.
If you don't like what you read go back to a bama board. WPS :razorback: :razorback:

ckhawgu

Does anyone else think Bama is in much better shape personnel wise than where LSU was when Saban took over? As I remember Nutts first year at Arkansas -- I'm very afraid of Bama this year! All it takes to ignite a fire sometimes is a bit of fresh air...

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ckhawgu on July 04, 2007, 12:36:59 pm
Does anyone else think Bama is in much better shape personnel wise than where LSU was when Saban took over? As I remember Nutts first year at Arkansas -- I'm very afraid of Bama this year! All it takes to ignite a fire sometimes is a bit of fresh air...

Bama is in very good shape.  They return almost their entire offense and a majority of their defense.  That plus a major upgrade at HC  could spell trouble.  It may take them a year under Saban to really get it going, but I would say 9 wins is a distinct possibility.

The Crimson Tide offense will return the bulk of its depth chart from 2006. Returning are all three quarterbacks at the top of the depth chart, including starter John Parker Wilson, the entire starting offensive line, including freshman All-American Andre Smith, the top five wide receivers on the 2006 depth chart, and also the top four tight ends from the 2006 depth chart. Alabama will have to find new faces to play tailback and fullback. All told, the Tide returns nine starters on offense.

The Alabama defense will return six starters in 2007, based on the 3-3-5 scheme that was run in 2006. The Tide in 2007 will have a new nose tackle, a new outside linebacker and strongside linebacker, and also a new starting cornerback and a starting safety.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

LJHOG

Quote from: HoopHog on July 03, 2007, 10:39:49 am
Quote from: selfexplanatory on July 03, 2007, 10:33:13 am
I Just had to do a little research...I vaguely remembered Kentucky being honored a few years ago.  I am one of the ones who believe until they get some kind of science football championships, I will honor multiple champions when justified.  I haven't however heard of an SEC West championship, but was damn proud of the players anyway.

That is the way Alabama and Bama fans have always done it. I don't blame em, either.  If any of the major sources declared Bama national champs, then Bama fans considered themselves national champs.  Until the BCS, I think they were totally justified in doing this. 

Thanks, Self.  I removed the erroneous correction! LOL

LMAO!!  Bama fans think if there was not a concensus NC in any year, then bama won it.  That's why they've won (by their count) 37 NC's.

Choctaw Hog

Are hog fans scared of Saban? I'm not at all! The talk on ESPN, SI etc is like Saban is this great coach that is going to win everything. He only had a few 10 plus win seasons at LSU and MSU in total. He went to a school (LSU) where if he only keeps half the kids in New Orleans area he will field a monster team. I think he is in over his head at bammer. Those tools they call fans are getting ready to really get devastated and I for one love it. I think UT, LSU, Hogs, Auburn all beat them this year.

Scared? No. Respect his ability as a coach?  Yes.  Our problem is not that Saban is such a great coach but when compared to Nutt, he's looks like a genius. 

kdogstew

I'm not scared.  I just think he is a better coach and will have his team primed to shut down our running attack and put us in our place.

I have NO confidence for Arkansas to win at Tuscaloosa. 

I hope I'm wrong.

Stew

hog.goblin

Quote from: moses_007 on July 04, 2007, 12:51:54 am
Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on July 03, 2007, 10:20:20 am

AGREED!

Where did The Bear win a National Championship besides Alabama? Sure wasn't at KY or aTm. Did he coach somewhere else that I'm not aware of?

Coach Bear Bryant won SIX national championships, all at Alabama, during his tenure as head coach there.  No other college coach has ever won 6 national titles.  Here's the proof:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Bryant

FYI, you can't quote wikipedia as a factual source.  Its "volunteer members" post whatever they want.  It can be a good lead for a source but you have to be very careful.  Not too long ago someone put some funny info on Nutt's bio...just sayin it's not reliable.

ALLVOL

July 05, 2007, 09:18:19 am #117 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 09:24:57 am by ALLVOL

In the SEC alone...

So has Florida- 4
Even Arkansas has had 3
Mississippi -3
LSU-2

Oh my! Look what we have here. A bammer defending the institution that was mostly responsible for all the recruiting rules the NCAA has enacted. There used to be a gentlemen's agreement in the game until the bear started handing out Cnotes to kids he knew would not play just to keep them from going to other schools. This is about your new coach and what you "Rusty Shackleford" type fans in bammer land think will happen. Now don't you have an opossum to scrape off the road to fix for supper?

ALLVOL

Quote from: Albert Einswine on July 04, 2007, 06:38:42 am
Quote from: ALLVOL on July 03, 2007, 03:58:35 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on July 03, 2007, 03:20:45 pm
Quote from: ALLVOL on July 03, 2007, 02:50:22 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on July 03, 2007, 02:42:39 pm

We might beat them but I think your hate for Bama is coming thru.  Yes, I know firsthand about the rivalry between Bama and Tennessee.  I don't know if I'm scared, but to say he just had a few 10 win seasons and act like it's nothing is a little ridiculous. 

If it was so easy at LSU, DiNardo could have done it.  Give him some credit. 

Yes I do hate bammer. Always have always will. And I do give him credit and have stated that I think he is a good coach. I just don't think he is the be all end all that the media is making him out to be. I would be more worried about Rich Rodriguez than Saban.

I guess I couldn't disagree more.  The man is a relentless worker and will build the program.  They will win and win big.  National Title?  I don't know about that but they will be a force to be reckoned with. 

Question for you...do you think he is a better coach than Fulmer?
Fulmer and Saban are 2 different types of coaches. I will say this. I would not trade for Saban. I think Rodriguez would have made me more nervous at bammer.

Cough, cough (bullsh!t) cough, cough!

No bull here my porcine friend. CPF let UT slide for a few years but there is an intensity back on the hill that has not been there in years. The apathy that set in after the NC is gone.

ALLVOL

Quote from: ckhawgu on July 04, 2007, 12:36:59 pm
DiNardo was much like Zook. He could recruit but not coach. Saban went to a team with a lot of talent.

Tide1

[quote ]
I Just had to do a little research...I vaguely remembered Kentucky being honored a few years ago.  I am one of the ones who believe until they get some kind of science football championships, I will honor multiple champions when justified.  I haven't however heard of an SEC West championship, but was damn proud of the players anyway.
[/quote]

That is the way Alabama and Bama fans have always done it. I don't blame em, either.  If any of the major sources declared Bama national champs, then Bama fans considered themselves national champs.  Until the BCS, I think they were totally justified in doing this. 

[/quote]

Hoop Hog not all BAMA fans think this way. Because if that were case, BAMA has been selected by numerous so called "championship committees". 17 to be exact. Arkansas has even been selected a couple of times.
http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football_past_champs.html

grayhawg

last time on this thread. until we get another coach we will be Saban's whipping boy we may slide by this year after that Lord help us if we still have nutt.

HoopHog

Quote from: Tide1 on July 05, 2007, 10:29:27 am
[quote ]

[/quote]

Hoop Hog not all BAMA fans think this way. Because if that were case, BAMA has been selected by numerous so called "championship committees". 17 to be exact. Arkansas has even been selected a couple of times.

[/quote]

I understand Tide1.  I should have been more specific and said Bama fans that I know, lay claim to several titles based upon this.  Hey, if it is out there...grab it!  That's my philosophy.  I just wish it were Nutt's.

Justifiable Hogicide

Nuttie vs. Saban?..................Not a fair fight.

HoopHog

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on July 05, 2007, 05:50:10 pm

Nuttie vs. Saban?..................Not a fair fight.

That's funny!

Houston Nutt...the coach who thinks his special teams are...well, SPECIAL!  Someone needs to tell him that it doesn't mean the short bus.

Albert Einswine

July 05, 2007, 05:54:16 pm #125 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 05:58:16 pm by Albert Einswine
Quote from: HoopHog on July 05, 2007, 12:04:35 pm
[quote ]

[/quote]

I understand Tide1.  I should have been more specific and said Bama fans that I know, lay claim to several titles based upon this.  Hey, if it is out there...grab it!  That's my philosophy.  I just wish it were Nutt's.
[/quote]

Hoop, above is some of the worst quoting I've ever seen!  Disgraceful!!

I can see you're rusty from your hiatus. ;D

HedgeDweller

Saban appears to be a good coach, but we find out more about that over the next few years.   He did well at LSU, but heck - that is not that much of a challenge.
Alabama will be a little tougher job.

Scared of him?  Shitte no!

HoopHog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on July 05, 2007, 05:54:16 pm
Quote from: HoopHog on July 05, 2007, 12:04:35 pm
[quote ]

Hoop, above is some of the worst quoting I've ever seen!  Disgraceful!!

I can see you're rusty from your hiatus. ;D

HEY...I didn't do that.  Tide1 did...I just responded to his post.  HONEST!!!

Hedge - Saban has just stepped into one of the storied programs of college football.  He is going to rock-n-roll AND cook with grease.  Step back and watch him win another NC in a few years -- if Tennessee quits tattling on the Tide! 

Bama Possum

QuoteOh my! Look what we have here. A bammer defending the institution that was mostly responsible for all the recruiting rules the NCAA has enacted. There used to be a gentlemen's agreement in the game until the bear started handing out Cnotes to kids he knew would not play just to keep them from going to other schools. This is about your new coach and what you "Rusty Shackleford" type fans in bammer land think will happen. Now don't you have an opossum to scrape off the road to fix for supper?

I'm afraid you're talking out of a hole rather than your face on this one. The ONLY time Bryant    was ever busted for, admitted to, or was considered guilty of cheating was at Texas A&M. You can live in your little world and believe whatever you like, but to consider Alabama the school that is MOSTLY responsible for NCAA recruiting rules is absolute BS.

Take a look north to the Buckeyes and west to SMU and all across the fair US. The NCAA might have changed a few game rules because of tackle eligible plays that Bama used, but not recruiting rules.

I do not understand why you want to be insulting. Which might you be, an Ozark mountain hillbilly or a Little Rock gangbanger? Maybe one of those folks over in east Arkansas supervising Mexicans in the soybean fields? Is Arkansas still 50th in SAT scores, or have they finally passed Mississippi and jumped to 49th? Now, don't you need to go pick up some eggs off the porch and milk the cow before dark?

To the folks on Hogville who have been nice and civil, none of that is aimed at you. Just the folks who want to be jerks.

HoopHog

Quote from: Bama Possum on July 05, 2007, 06:06:50 pm
QuoteOh my! Look what we have here. A bammer defending the institution that was mostly responsible for all the recruiting rules the NCAA has enacted. There used to be a gentlemen's agreement in the game until the bear started handing out Cnotes to kids he knew would not play just to keep them from going to other schools. This is about your new coach and what you "Rusty Shackleford" type fans in bammer land think will happen. Now don't you have an opossum to scrape off the road to fix for supper?

I'm afraid you're talking out of a hole rather than your face on this one. The ONLY time Bryant    was ever busted for, admitted to, or was considered guilty of cheating was at Texas A&M. You can live in your little world and believe whatever you like, but to consider Alabama the school that is MOSTLY responsible for NCAA recruiting rules is absolute BS.

Take a look north to the Buckeyes and west to SMU and all across the fair US. The NCAA might have changed a few game rules because of tackle eligible plays that Bama used, but not recruiting rules.

I do not understand why you want to be insulting. Which might you be, an Ozark mountain hillbilly or a Little Rock gangbanger? Maybe one of those folks over in east Arkansas supervising Mexicans in the soybean fields? Is Arkansas still 50th in SAT scores, or have they finally passed Mississippi and jumped to 49th? Now, don't you need to go pick up some eggs off the porch and milk the cow before dark?

To the folks on Hogville who have been nice and civil, none of that is aimed at you. Just the folks who want to be jerks.

SNAP!  

That was a Bryant coached, full frontal, slobber knock!!!  What is even better is that Bama Possum was so civil that he took the former poster's name off of that orange marmalade post.

One problem, Bama Possum...

THAT WAS A TENNESSEE FAN WHO POSTED THAT!!!   

grayhawg

Quote from: HoopHog on July 05, 2007, 06:14:31 pm

SNAP!  

That was a Bryant coached, full frontal, slobber knock!!!  What is even better is that Bama Possum was so civil that he took the former poster's name off of that orange marmalade post.

+1

Albert Einswine

Quote from: HoopHog on July 05, 2007, 06:14:31 pm

SNAP!  

Hey Bama Possum, the name ALLVOL might have been a clue!  LOL!

HoopHog

I think it is simply instinctive for a Bama fan...when around a Tennessee fan.  It just naturally raises their dander!  They have a serious adversion to stool pidgeons!!!  :D

Albert Einswine

Quote from: HoopHog on July 05, 2007, 07:11:34 pm
I think it is simply instinctive for a Bama fan...when around a Tennessee fan.  It just naturally raises their dander!  They have a serious adversion to stool pidgeons!!!  :D

Honestly, I don't mind Bammers all that much.  A lot of them can be delusional and some of them are downright brain damaged, but on the whole, they're light years ahead of whiny a$$ Tennessee fans.

Tennessee fans crying about Bama cheating is pretty funny, really.

HoopHog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on July 05, 2007, 07:17:37 pm

Honestly, I don't mind Bammers all that much.  A lot of them can be delusional and some of them are downright brain damaged, but on the whole, they're light years ahead of whiny a$$ Tennessee fans.

ABSOLUTELY  I think Phil Fulmer is nothing but an opportunist.  I am a Johnny Majors fan...he screwed him.  No loyalty whatsoever.  In time, Phat Phil is going to get his...just watch.

Hogs-n-Roses

Bama ruled the SEC for so long that the Tenn. fans feel about them like we do Texas. They have a lot of catching up to do.Both sets of fans have treated me well at their places though.

HoopHog

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on July 05, 2007, 07:38:11 pm

Bama ruled the SEC for so long that the Tenn. fans feel about them like we do Texas. They have a lot of catching up to do.Both sets of fans have treated me well at their places though.

Good anaology.  Tennessee is to Bama as Arkansas was/is to Texas. The thing is, neither Tennessee or Arkansas will ever level that playing field...no matter how much either tries to do just that. 

(Bang head against wall as hard as you can!)

Bama Possum

My bad!!!

That's what I get for not paying attention. ;D

Let me rephrase that last section...

I understand your indignation. After all, Paul Bryant smacked down the Vols like Ike Turner on a tequila drunk. As far as the attempt to poke fun at my state and culture, I say it would be best to turn that high-powered perception back north. Let me guess, you are one generation removed from toting water up the mountain to your cabin for that weekly bath before donning the fabled creamsicle orange and hitchhiking to Knoxville...aren't you.

Here are a few things you'll never hear from a Tennessee fan....

1. No thanks, I'll have a Heineken.
2. No, I won't kiss you! You're my sister!
3. Man, Phil looks like he's lost some weight!
4. Actually, using a quadratic to solve for that would be the simplest solution.

ALLVOL

Quote from: HoopHog on July 05, 2007, 09:55:10 pm
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on July 05, 2007, 07:38:11 pm

Good anaology.  Tennessee is to Bama as Arkansas was/is to Texas. The thing is, neither Tennessee or Arkansas will ever level that playing field...no matter how much either tries to do just that. 

(Bang head against wall as hard as you can!)
Not even close. UT has a much higher winning % against bammer than ARKY does Texas. Check the facts.

You guys can dislike UT all you want. That's fine with me. But the fact is LONG before TOSU, Michigan and other schools were doing what they did Bear Bryant was already a legend at it. As far as Fulmer backstabbing Majors? You are way off. Coach Majors made a mockery of himself and caused himself his job.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ALLVOL on July 06, 2007, 08:14:03 am

Not even close. UT has a much higher winning % against bammer than ARKY does Texas. Check the facts.

You guys can dislike UT all you want. That's fine with me. But the fact is LONG before TOSU, Michigan and other schools were doing what they did Bear Bryant was already a legend at it. As far as Fulmer backstabbing Majors? You are way off. Coach Majors made a mockery of himself and caused himself his job.

Thanks for checking in and clearing that up Mrs. Fulmer.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Bama Possum on July 05, 2007, 11:09:21 pm
My bad!!!

That's what I get for not paying attention. ;D

Let me rephrase that last section...

I understand your indignation. After all, Paul Bryant smacked down the Vols like Ike Turner on a tequila drunk. As far as the attempt to poke fun at my state and culture, I say it would be best to turn that high-powered perception back north. Let me guess, you are one generation removed from toting water up the mountain to your cabin for that weekly bath before donning the fabled creamsicle orange and hitchhiking to Knoxville...aren't you.

Here are a few things you'll never hear from a Tennessee fan....

1. No thanks, I'll have a Heineken.
2. No, I won't kiss you! You're my sister!
3. Man, Phil looks like he's lost some weight!
4. Actually, using a quadratic to solve for that would be the simplest solution.

Here's something for youbammer. Your legendary coach did own UT just as General Neyland owned bammer (and the bear. the bear NEVER beat the General). The thing that really gripes you bammers is that Fulmer owns bammer as much as teh bear did UT. The bear recruited Fulmer and he turned him down and went to UT. That is what really gripes you guys.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Albert Einswine on July 06, 2007, 08:17:30 am

Don't fear the truth man. And why on earth would a Hog fan, a fan of an institution of respect nationally be on the side of the dirtiest program of all time. If the Hogs want a rival it should be those mouth breathers from bammer.

TheArkansasTraveller

I think Arkansas football will do just fine against the new head Elephant.  One more Hog victory over the tide and we own the over all series.  No other SEC school can say that.   

ALLVOL

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on July 06, 2007, 09:19:45 am

I think Arkansas football will do just fine against the new head Elephant.  One more Hog victory over the tide and we own the over all series.  No other SEC school can say that.  
You're right. We are close but you're right. They got an 11 year run on us during the Majors years and we are almost back. It will happen!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ALLVOL on July 06, 2007, 09:11:38 am

Don't fear the truth man. And why on earth would a Hog fan, a fan of an institution of respect nationally be on the side of the dirtiest program of all time. If the Hogs want a rival it should be those mouth breathers from bammer.

Let's get one thing straight, Oklahoma is the dirtiest program of all time.  As to your other question, it's not that I'm on Bama's side. During the week of our game with them I'm a first rate Bama hater.

It's just that for the rest of the year I don't mind them so much.  Tennessee, on the other hand, is a team I hate in my sleep and it has to do with the arrogant, obnoxious Vols fans I've met and worked with over the years.

In my experience, Tennessee fans are the least complimentary and whiniest fans in all of college sports.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Albert Einswine on July 06, 2007, 09:37:01 am

Let's get one thing straight, Oklahoma is the dirtiest program of all time.  As to your other question, it's not that I'm on Bama's side. During the week of our game with them I'm a first rate Bama hater.

It's just that for the rest of the year I don't mind them so much.  Tennessee, on the other hand, is a team I hate in my sleep and it has to do with the arrogant, obnoxious Vols fans I've met and worked with over the years.

In my experience, Tennessee fans are the least complimentary and whiniest fans in all of college sports.

Sorry you feel that way. When I went to the UT hogs game last year I met Hog fan after Hog fan who told me just the opposite. They told me that their favorite place to travel to is Knoxville because of how they were treated. I can say the same for Fayeteville and how I was treated.
And as far as OU being the dirtiest. You need to go back a lot further than the 80's to see about what all the bear did. He changed the game in many ways. Yes Switzer was not a choir boy by any means. But he IMO was not as dirty as the bear and bammer.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ALLVOL on July 06, 2007, 09:49:33 am

Sorry you feel that way. When I went to the UT hogs game last year I met Hog fan after Hog fan who told me just the opposite. They told me that their favorite place to travel to is Knoxville because of how they were treated. I can say the same for Fayeteville and how I was treated.
And as far as OU being the dirtiest. You need to go back a lot further than the 80's to see about what all the bear did. He changed the game in many ways. Yes Switzer was not a choir boy by any means. But he IMO was not as dirty as the bear and bammer.

You're a poster child for what I'm talking about!  You've been on our board whining about Bama for, what, two or three days now?

ALLVOL

Quote from: Albert Einswine on July 06, 2007, 09:53:50 am
Quote from: ALLVOL on July 06, 2007, 09:49:33 am

You're a poster child for what I'm talking about!  You've been on our board whining about Bama for, what, two or three days now?

Where's the whine? I've been busting thier chops! There is a huge difference. I get it. You don't like UT. When I was in Fayettville some of the Hog fans told me there were some who hated UT mainly because of how the 98 game ended. I get it, it would have been hard to swallow on my end as well. But if you recall you got us back the following year. The hogs kept us out of the NC game in 99.

Bama Possum

Maybe they are pointing out the fact that you are trying to bust Bama's chops on an Arkansas board?

Maybe?

The only reason I replied in a hostile manner originally was because I thought it was a Hog fan giving me grief. When I went back and saw it was a UThug fan, it kind of caught me off guard.

Normally Auburn fans are the only ones who use another team's board to attack Bama.

Now, here's a history lesson for you. General Neyland retired before Coach Bryant coached at Alabama. The losses versus Neyland were at Kentucky. I am sure Bryant would have eventually beaten him down, but Neyland retired in 1952 and Bryant was only able to get one or two decent years out of the Wildcats. Hardly a fair comparison there considering Neyland had coached Tennessee since the 20's and wasn't having to build a program where none had existed.

As far as Fulmer owning Bama, isn't it funny how when Bama seemed ready and poised for a big push back, Fulmer ended up being a "special witness" for the NCAA? Isn't a little funny how all that Memphis mess started as a rivalry between two rich drunk Tennessee turds? Logan Young never even attended Alabama, and Mr. Tennessee Stud (You know who I'm talking about.) is going to have to face some serious Karma issues one day. Explain to me again how that jerk has never gotten UT on the hotseat...

Could it be because Fulmer and his cronies set Bama up and got off scot free?

One day...probably soon...Fulmer is going to have to answer for his BS. God, should punish him for what he did to Johnny Majors.

Now, out of respect for the Hogs, I will no longer respond to your remarks. If you want to whine about Alabama, come over to some of the Alabama boards.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Bama Possum on July 06, 2007, 11:24:40 am
Maybe they are pointing out the fact that you are trying to bust Bama's chops on an Arkansas board?

Maybe?

The only reason I replied in a hostile manner originally was because I thought it was a Hog fan giving me grief. When I went back and saw it was a UThug fan, it kind of caught me off guard.

Normally Auburn fans are the only ones who use another team's board to attack Bama.

Now, here's a history lesson for you. General Neyland retired before Coach Bryant coached at Alabama. The losses versus Neyland were at Kentucky. I am sure Bryant would have eventually beaten him down, but Neyland retired in 1952 and Bryant was only able to get one or two decent years out of the Wildcats. Hardly a fair comparison there considering Neyland had coached Tennessee since the 20's and wasn't having to build a program where none had existed.

As far as Fulmer owning Bama, isn't it funny how when Bama seemed ready and poised for a big push back, Fulmer ended up being a "special witness" for the NCAA? Isn't a little funny how all that Memphis mess started as a rivalry between two rich drunk Tennessee turds? Logan Young never even attended Alabama, and Mr. Tennessee Stud (You know who I'm talking about.) is going to have to face some serious Karma issues one day. Explain to me again how that jerk has never gotten UT on the hotseat...

Could it be because Fulmer and his cronies set Bama up and got off scot free?

One day...probably soon...Fulmer is going to have to answer for his BS. God, should punish him for what he did to Johnny Majors.

Now, out of respect for the Hogs, I will no longer respond to your remarks. If you want to whine about Alabama, come over to some of the Alabama boards.

Thank you Rusty Shackelford for more bammer another everybody is out to get us conspiracy theory. Fulmer did nothing to Majors. Majors did it to himself period. Fulmer DOES own bammer and you don't like it but know it's true. The case heard in Birmingham was thrown out. Logan Young was a BIGtime bammer booster who paid a TON of money to get kids from Memphis to go to bammer. Fulmer, Carr, Spurrier, Nutt and Woodenhoffer all testified against bammer. Yet you guys only bash Fulmer hmmmmm. Could be because HE OWNS the tide? Now run off and see if you can get the Mud Flap Alabama times to crown ya'll National Champs before the season even starts. That will give ya'll what 300 or something like that.