Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kid From Greenwood NOT Considering ARKANSAS ?

Started by BigDeal, June 15, 2007, 06:41:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Beau McCastlain

Quote from: YellvilleHog on June 16, 2007, 10:41:55 pm
Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on June 16, 2007, 10:39:40 pm
I am the owner of www.GreenwoodDogPound.com and I can confirm that Tyler Wilson has received a baseball scholarship offer from Arkansas, he received it back in the spring. He's received to many baseball offers to even name, but he's completely focused on football. RD hasn't been keeping up with his baseball offers.

But , but, just earlier in this thread we read someone claim that Tyler's daddy confirmed to them that he had not received a scholarship offer? Hmmm, could it be that some people on here that claim to have sources are full of **it?

Tyler was never offered a "football" scholarship from Ark, but he does have an Arkansas "baseball" offer on the table.
"Hey!!! Let's go huntin'!!!"

YellvilleHog

Quote from: Beau McCastlain on June 16, 2007, 10:45:54 pm
I am the owner of www.GreenwoodDogPound.com and I can confirm that Tyler Wilson has received a baseball scholarship offer from Arkansas, he received it back in the spring. He's received to many baseball offers to even name, but he's completely focused on football. RD hasn't been keeping up with his baseball offers.

But , but, just earlier in this thread we read someone claim that Tyler's daddy confirmed to them that he had not received a scholarship offer? Hmmm, could it be that some people on here that claim to have sources are full of **it?

Tyler was never offered a "football" scholarship from Ark, but he does have an Arkansas "baseball" offer on the table.

Ok, let me be specific. earlier in the thread someone posted on here that his dad told him that he did NOT have a BASEBALL offer from the UA.

baitshop

Please go back and "quote" this post.......I may have missed it, but I couldn't find it......
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

baitshop

June 16, 2007, 10:55:27 pm #153 Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 09:47:21 am by baitshop
Quote from: USCoastGuard on June 16, 2007, 06:52:00 pm
tyler is leaning toward arizona...believe it or not he is...good coaching staff.
[/quot

Beau McCastlain

June 16, 2007, 11:00:13 pm #154 Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:04:46 pm by Beau McCastlain
Quote from: YellvilleHog on June 16, 2007, 10:48:26 pm

Ok, let me be specific. earlier in the thread someone posted on here that his dad told him that he did NOT have a BASEBALL offer from the UA.

**Earlier Post from baitshop*******************************************************
I had lunch with Tyler's Dad today and asked him about the "baseball" thing..........

Otis is WRONG and has been from day one.........he (Otis) has NEVER spoken to Tyler or his family in regards to baseball.........

LSU...........looking VERY good right now..........decision to be made sooner than later.......

FACTS........no opinion.......

Just to clear things up.....Here's the guy's post. He says he asked Tyler's dad about the "baseball" thing but he NEVER says what the answer was. He never says there was NO scholarship offer.  Just don't want you to be saying some are full of ****, when they might have just left a few of the facts out. I'm not jumping on anyone's case, just want everyone to be careful before they throw accusations out.
"Hey!!! Let's go huntin'!!!"

YellvilleHog

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 16, 2007, 10:59:44 pm
Quote from: YellvilleHog on June 16, 2007, 06:59:25 pm
Yes, I'm all for making calculated risks, IMO the odds in this situation say you go after one of them, not both. Did we go after the right one? Time will tell. I realize what you are saying, but you are one of the more sane "darksiders" out there , and my comments go more towards the attitude of your more radical brethren.

Well I appreciate that.  I try to be fair.  I do hammer Nutt but only if I feel it's justified.  I will defend him if I feel that's needed as well.  I just don't understand his lack of interest.  It's hard to tell if we made the right decision.  I just think Tyler is awful talented and we're letting a good one get away. 

I'm with you, from what I've heard, he'd be a good Hog and I wish we could have him. But truthfully, I think he and Youngblood will both go the baseball route anyway.

PS - I am on the opposite side of this from you on a lot of things, but I will GLADLY call out Nutt for his faults when I feel it's justified.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: YellvilleHog on June 16, 2007, 11:03:41 pm
Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 16, 2007, 10:59:44 pm
Quote from: YellvilleHog on June 16, 2007, 06:59:25 pm
Yes, I'm all for making calculated risks, IMO the odds in this situation say you go after one of them, not both. Did we go after the right one? Time will tell. I realize what you are saying, but you are one of the more sane "darksiders" out there , and my comments go more towards the attitude of your more radical brethren.

Well I appreciate that.  I try to be fair.  I do hammer Nutt but only if I feel it's justified.  I will defend him if I feel that's needed as well.  I just don't understand his lack of interest.  It's hard to tell if we made the right decision.  I just think Tyler is awful talented and we're letting a good one get away. 

I'm with you, from what I've heard, he'd be a good Hog and I wish we could have him. But truthfully, I think he and Youngblood will both go the baseball route anyway.

I think that is a safe bet.
Retired Radio Host

BadDogGHSDogPound

June 16, 2007, 11:07:13 pm #157 Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:11:59 pm by BadDogGHSDogPound
Just to clear the baseball thing up...if that's possible now.

Arkansas baseball offer YES

Otis Kirk ever talk to Tyler or any of the Wilson's NO

Tyler has been taking unofficial visits to some of the schools that have offered him since school got out. He wants to commit over the summer sometime before fall football practice starts, so that he and the Bulldogs can focus on the up coming season and defending their back to back state titles.
2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2023 State Football Champions Greenwood Bulldogs. Follow The Bulldogs On www.GreenwoodDogPound.com

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: toshortrock on June 16, 2007, 07:29:08 am
is this really a shock to anyone,,that a  good quarterback does not want to play for Nutt,and he acts like he doesn;t want him,,well,Let Bama or LSU have him,so in the future he will be back to stomp the dodoo out of us

Auburn will be beating us in the next few years with Burns and the rest of the Arkansas boys contributing as well. Who do you think is the better, smarter recruiter, Nutt or Tuberville?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

boarhog12

What happens if there is 6 D1 QBs in the state? Nutt need to sign them all?

YellvilleHog

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on June 16, 2007, 11:12:49 pm
is this really a shock to anyone,,that a  good quarterback does not want to play for Nutt,and he acts like he doesn;t want him,,well,Let Bama or LSU have him,so in the future he will be back to stomp the dodoo out of us

Auburn will be beating us in the next few years with Burns and the rest of the Arkansas boys contributing as well. Who do you think is the better, smarter recruiter, Nutt or Tuberville?

We'll see when Tube converts Kodi to DB and pisses his dad off.

YellvilleHog

June 16, 2007, 11:37:00 pm #161 Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 07:30:19 am by YellvilleHog
Quote from: baitshop on June 16, 2007, 11:33:28 pm
Quote from: Beau McCastlain on June 16, 2007, 11:00:13 pm

Post modified at the request of another.

razorsox

So am I missing something?  What the hell is wrong with trying to get Youngblood and Wilson?  It's called stacking up on talent (i.e. USC).  darn its not like Nutt couldn't use a page for Carroll's playbook.
The last thing we need is a bunch of rednecks running around with McFadden Cowboy jerseys.

hogball33

Nutt can't find Greenwood he ran into 9th street looking for Ft. Smith Northside and got scared and went back 540 North.

OKhogfan1959

I'll ask again. What kind of offers did Youngblood have? Wilson has some really great schools recruiting him. And has offers from those schools. Why not go after both?

Otis is not an honest man. I have no  respect for the man! Something I intend to tell him next time I see him.

TheHogFan

Aren't both of our commitments ranked significantly higher than the Wilson kid? I don't get it, people are always up in arms abut our rankings and these two are ranked above Wilson, so what is the problem? Are some just looking to complain? We can't sign 3 Qb's, you know because of scholarship limits. What am I missing?

boarhog12

Say we sign the 2 baseball playing QBs then they are drafted. How dumb is Nutt for signing them when he knows they may never play a down. And the other day Nutt said he told Lee how many QBs he could sign and to find them. The 2 commitments are Lee's choices.

Bvilleboar

Nutt does not want a passing QB.  Going back to the Run/pass qb. :puke:
2012 the year of the HOGS

BigHog396

Quote from: boarhog12 on June 17, 2007, 03:00:52 pm
Say we sign the 2 baseball playing QBs then they are drafted. How dumb is Nutt for signing them when he knows they may never play a down. And the other day Nutt said he told Lee how many QBs he could sign and to find them. The 2 commitments are Lee's choices.
Do you know absolutely nothing about recruiting?  Every year we offer/sign more than 25 recruits.  We do this because some will not make it, some may choose another option like the MLB draft or something else.  When you offer a kid a scholarship, that scholarship is not set in stone.  You can pull the scholarship, chances are more than a few kids won't make it and you will not have to worry about it.

If there is a possibility of 1 or both of these kids going in the MLB draft, that is even MORE reason to offer/heavily recruit BOTH.  Since when has Arkansas ever had a problem with having too MANY QB's on scholarship.  I can't seem to recall that ever being an issue, so why not go after the kid with the gaudy #'s as well as the other.  I guess that would just make too much sense for some around here.

baitshop

Quote from: BigHog396 on June 17, 2007, 11:23:27 pm
Do you know absolutely nothing about recruiting?  Every year we offer/sign more than 25 recruits.  We do this because some will not make it, some may choose another option like the MLB draft or something else.  When you offer a kid a scholarship, that scholarship is not set in stone.  You can pull the scholarship, chances are more than a few kids won't make it and you will not have to worry about it.

If there is a possibility of 1 or both of these kids going in the MLB draft, that is even MORE reason to offer/heavily recruit BOTH.  Since when has Arkansas ever had a problem with having too MANY QB's on scholarship.  I can't seem to recall that ever being an issue, so why not go after the kid with the gaudy #'s as well as the other.  I guess that would just make too much sense for some around here.

Having too many QB's will never be a problem for HDN...........he has a knack for running them off.........especially the good ones!!!............

Hawglover1988

Quote from: razorback3072 on June 15, 2007, 06:51:32 pm
DVH has offered him a schollie.  So not only is Nutt not the first coach in the SEC to offer a top in-state recruit a scholarship, he's not even the first coach at his own school to offer.  Nutt is "not sure about him because he may want to play baseball" but that hasn't stopped other SEC and top schools from offering him a schollie. 

Nope.  HDN like Youngblood and Pick better.  Is it really that hard for you to understand?

HogStang

Quote from: Hawglover1988 on June 17, 2007, 11:41:55 pm
Quote from: razorback3072 on June 15, 2007, 06:51:32 pm
DVH has offered him a schollie.  So not only is Nutt not the first coach in the SEC to offer a top in-state recruit a scholarship, he's not even the first coach at his own school to offer.  Nutt is "not sure about him because he may want to play baseball" but that hasn't stopped other SEC and top schools from offering him a schollie. 

Nope.  HDN like Youngblood and Pick better.  Is it really that hard for you to understand?

Youngblood and Pick. 2 of the top 10 dual threat QBs, according to Rivals. We got 2 of the top 10. Not bad at all.

boarhog12

Quote from: BigHog396 on June 17, 2007, 11:23:27 pm

Do you not know anything about coaching a system. All the QBs on campus + the 2 commitments are mobile and can throw on the move. If you build an O-line and a playbook for these QBs, what do you do with 1 that is just a drop back passer? I'll tell you, he ends up sitting on the bench a year a wasted scollie, transferring to Tulsa and the haters will howl even more.

wholehog92

It is premature to bash Nutt over this qb recruiting class.  I think if he still had MM he would have offered two baseball recruits.  He could afford the risk in that scenario.  In the real world, he screwed himself over and can't afford the risk.  The higher level qbs aren't going to come here if you are signing three potential starters.  Maybe if we were USC putting our backups into the NFL we could make that sell.  Two is the max higher level qbs you will sign, if you try for three, you may lose all three to other schools, not just baseball.  If you want to bitch about HDNs recruiting, there are many opportunities, but this really isn't one of them.  He had to make a decision, it may have been poor, but that won't really be known for a few years.  Even if Youngblood and Pick are both busts and Wilson is the second coming of Favre, I will think that HDN is a piss-poor judge of talent in this case, but I still won't believe he should have offered two baseball prospects with our current qb situation (his fault), I will just think he went after the wrong one.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

JShipCPA

Quote from: THHAWG on June 15, 2007, 07:25:39 pm
Its interesting that David Lee is brought in to install a pro style passing game, but they are recruiting dual-threat QB's.

My thoughts exactly...  Malzahn's offense would have been better suited for the dual-threatsters...

Method Ham

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on June 16, 2007, 11:12:49 pm

Arkansas has done quite well against Auburn and their higher-ranked recruiting classes for years.  I think Fred Talley is still running all over them as I type.
OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

hawgnacious

You gotta go with the Huggers on this issue.  How can any of us call Houston's ability to recruit qbs into question?  I hate to throw Zack Clark, Ryan Sorahan, Robert Johnson, and Nathan Emert in your face, but come on. Facts are facts.

Our job as fans is simply to love the Hogs and everything that comes with them.  We should keep buying tickets and making donations so that Nutt can keep his job plus get a nice little annual raise, regardless of performance issues.  Winning, integrity, and a commitment to excellance have nothing to do with any of this so stop bringing them up.  We are razorbacks and blind loyalty must prevail. 

The decision to not make a sincere effort to recruit Wilson must be grounded in solid logic and reasoning or Nutt would be taking a different course of action.  Just like those hacks K. Burns, Ziemba, and B. Green.  Sure they looked good to the untrained eyes of Auburn, Notre Dame, and USC, but we must all believe that Nutt is infallible or this whole thing is just not going to work.

Besides, do any of you really think that USC (Mustain) and LSU (Wilson - as I understand it) are better at evaluating players than HDN and David Lee?  I do not recall the Trojans going to any SEC championship games lately. LSU and talent?  Its not like they went to the SEC championship game last year.  I do not believe Tony Romo went to either USC or LSU. 

We all need to stop questioning our coach and simply learn to enjoy and appreciate the sheer genius and strategery of HDN.

whocares

most of you are sad and pathetic Jim Youngblood is ranked higher than any other QB in the state but all you do is bitch about not having Tyler Wilson. Guys why do you do this?

boarhog12

Quote from: JShipCPA on June 18, 2007, 10:33:43 am
Its interesting that David Lee is brought in to install a pro style passing game, but they are recruiting dual-threat QB's.

My thoughts exactly...  Malzahn's offense would have been better suited for the dual-threatsters...
Outside the Manning, who are the true drop back passers that win in the pros now? You got to have a mobile QB that can move and throw.

Richard_white

Quote from: boarhog12 on June 18, 2007, 12:30:40 pm
Quote from: JShipCPA on June 18, 2007, 10:33:43 am

Outside the Manning, who are the true drop back passers that win in the pros now? You got to have a mobile QB that can move and throw.

You're forgetting about Tom Brady.  What QB that is capable to run and throw that is winning?  Vick?  The only QB in the top of my head that is close to your point is, Donavan.  Anymore I am missing?

TheHogFan

Quote from: TheHogFan on June 17, 2007, 02:04:15 pm
Aren't both of our commitments ranked significantly higher than the Wilson kid? I don't get it, people are always up in arms abut our rankings and these two are ranked above Wilson, so what is the problem? Are some just looking to complain? We can't sign 3 Qb's, you know because of scholarship limits. What am I missing?
Know one has answered the question. If the two commits we have are BOTH ranked higher than Wilson, and everyone on here is always so worked up about rankings, then why are people upset now?

IS it bc he is from Arkansas and didn't get recruited? Who cares where a kid is from, lets just go after the best we can. Do we have to recruit every kid from Arkansas. Why was no one complaining that we didn't recruit Loucks? He had better stats then Youngblood AND Wilson. What am I missing?

Is it bc folks just want to have something to complain about? Something else to hate Nutt for?

What would the reaction had been if Youngblood didn't commit early racked up offers bc he was uncommitted, and Wilson committed early. Would everyone had bashed Nutt about Youngblood?

Are rankings only important when they can be used to bash Nutt? How else can we explain this uproar?

Do people really think signing 3 QB's is a good idea? Or even possible?

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

quicksix

why would any boy want to play for the nut man?? huston nuts is just bad news never will good boys want to spent time on his team you boys need to get rid of the nut man. he is a basket case he is alos a dumb a$$

BigHog396

The two kids committed are NOT both rated higher than Wilson.  Pick is rated 5.6 on Rivals, and Tyler is as well.  Do you actually believe that you can look at their rankings in their individual QB styles to determine who is the more highly ranked QB.  Do you really believe the #19 DQB is considered better than the #20 PQB, or vice versa for that matter.  It could be that the #15 PQB is more highly ranked than the #8 DQB, or the other way around.

It totally depends on the depth of each style in this class.  A much more accurate way to look at it, if you want to go based on Rivals or any other recruiting service, is to look at their actual rating rather than their rank in their specific QB style.

The argument is not how many QB's to sign, or which style we should be recruiting.  The problem that most on here have is that DMW has preached to us about "building a fence", and continually overlooks very highly rated players in our hometown areas.  It's not like he is overlooking a kid that is being recruited by LaTech, Northeast Oklahoma, or SEMO, we are talking about kids that are getting offers and going to schools like USC, Auburn, Alabama, Notre Dame, and LSU.

If DMW is too afraid to try to recruit a kid that is a born and raised Hog, that is from this area, because he doesn't want to look bad when the kid goes to top level school, how do we ever expect to be able to compete on a consistent basis?

Talk about the success DMW has had in the past all you want, it has NOTHING to do with him.  He had success his first 2 years based on Ford's players.  He had success in the early 00's due to Matt Jones, and his success last year is due to DMac.  He has had 2, count them...2, players that have singlehandedly saved his job since Ford's players graduated.  You will never see consistent success hoping that our state continues producing 1 complete freak athlete every 4 or 5 years.

TheHogFan

Quote from: BigHog396 on June 18, 2007, 02:44:50 pm
The two kids committed are NOT both rated higher than Wilson.  Pick is rated 5.6 on Rivals, and Tyler is as well.  Do you actually believe that you can look at their rankings in their individual QB styles to determine who is the more highly ranked QB.  Do you really believe the #19 DQB is considered better than the #20 PQB, or vice versa for that matter.  It could be that the #15 PQB is more highly ranked than the #8 DQB, or the other way around.

It totally depends on the depth of each style in this class.  A much more accurate way to look at it, if you want to go based on Rivals or any other recruiting service, is to look at their actual rating rather than their rank in their specific QB style.

The argument is not how many QB's to sign, or which style we should be recruiting.  The problem that most on here have is that DMW has preached to us about "building a fence", and continually overlooks very highly rated players in our hometown areas.  It's not like he is overlooking a kid that is being recruited by LaTech, Northeast Oklahoma, or SEMO, we are talking about kids that are getting offers and going to schools like USC, Auburn, Alabama, Notre Dame, and LSU.

If DMW is too afraid to try to recruit a kid that is a born and raised Hog, that is from this area, because he doesn't want to look bad when the kid goes to top level school, how do we ever expect to be able to compete on a consistent basis?

Talk about the success DMW has had in the past all you want, it has NOTHING to do with him.  He had success his first 2 years based on Ford's players.  He had success in the early 00's due to Matt Jones, and his success last year is due to DMac.  He has had 2, count them...2, players that have singlehandedly saved his job since Ford's players graduated.  You will never see consistent success hoping that our state continues producing 1 complete freak athlete every 4 or 5 years.
Well you can say that with almost any coach. Would Mack Brown still be coach wo Vince Young? What would Phil Jackson been without Kobe and Jordan? How about Bill Walsh without Montana and Young or Jimmy Johnson without Aikman and Smith. Why didn't Ford win with those players if they were so talented? Who recruited those supposed 2 palyers that saved his job? And saying that only two players saved his job is a swipe at players like Cobbs, Jones, Monk, Burlsworth, Hamlin, Talley, Howard, or any other player who contributed to those wins. This is a team sport, no one player can win a game on their own. Sure D-Mac is amazing but where would he have been without the steller o-line last year? Where would Jones had been without Talley or Shawn Andrews or Jason Peters. So while it is convient for fans to say two players saved his job, it is far from an accurate or even a fair statement. Point is, that is a weak ass arguement. It is a thinly veiled attempt to take any possible credit away from Nutt.

I agree with you on the rankings. They are a crap shoot at best. I ahve always said that. IT is just funny how people love to use them when it makes Nutt look bad, yet ignore them when it doesn't fit their arguement. I see we have the highest rated QB in the state committed, since folks can't b*** about that they move onto the next QB. Why would we sign 3 QB's? That makes zero sense, especially with our needs at DB. What does make sense is signing two QB's. Youngblood may go the baseball route. Sure he claims is not interested, but it is funny how a few hundred thousand dollars can change somone's mind. So you go after another QB to cover your ass, a QB that does not bring that risk of baseball. Enter Kale Pick, the #10 duel threat QB in the country. Will Youngblood be better than Wilson? Noboday knows at this point. But it is the coaches right to evaluate each player and make a decision on who to offer. That is not the right of internet message board fans. They decided on Youngblood, we will find out who is right. We are not going to be able to sign every kid in Arkansas, not if we want to compete nationally. Especially at a position like QB, it is simply not realistic. Why didn't we hear the uproar over the lack of recruitment of Loucks. He was offered by Cal and Tedford is one of the best in the business.

HogStang

You know what? It doesn't matter.

1. If ALL the 3-5 star rated Arkansas recruits sign with the Razorbacks, then Coach Nutt will get bashed for not getting more Texas/Florida/Georgia recruits.

2. If a recruit doesn't sign with Arkansas and we lose to USC in the National Chanpionship game, then Coach Nutt will get bashed for missing the "one guy that would have made the difference".

3. If worms had flame throwers, birds wouldn't mess with them...and Coach Nutt would get bashed for harassing birds.

Did you all know we have 2 of the top 10 dual threat QB recruits in the nation signed? Our freshmen this year are also a mix of pocket and dual threat.

I think we're going to be OK.

OKhogfan1959

Stang? Did you know we had the #1 QB recruit in the nation on campus and your boy Nutt ran him off? Did you know that?
Did you know we had the Gatorade POY and Parade POY right on campus?

If you huggers saw with your own eyes Houston Nutt burn down your house I swear you would just say he was trying to warm the  neighborhood. You guys have a sickness.

When Tyler Wilson throw for 300 yds against us and LSU beats us you'll see why LSU and Bama were actively recruiting the kid.

blu

How about when Jim Youngblood throws for 300 yds and we beat LSU, you'll see why Nutt and Lee actively recruited and signed the kid?
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

ballhog™

I guess this will make 3 consecutive classes of QBs from Arkansas that play at other big time programs.

USC

Auburn

Alabama/LSU

It's one thing to recruit a kid and lose him to another school, but I'm baffled at the lack of attention we have shown Wilson.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: blu on June 23, 2007, 07:09:21 am
How about when Jim Youngblood throws for 300 yds and we beat LSU, you'll see why Nutt and Lee actively recruited and signed the kid?

If that happens it would be great. It would be even greater if another coach was coaching him. I have seen Wilson. Have you? I don't see any 300 yd games throwing the ball with Nutts clone running the offense. I hope Youngblood is as good as advertised. How does his stats look against Wilsons? Does he play better competition than Wilson? Did he have offers form top 10 D1 programs? I go by who is at the schools and really spending time to get the kid. LSU and Bama are spending a lot of time in Greenwood and they don't waste a lot of time down here!

slopinhogs

it was a druthers situation. if i had my druthers it would be youngblood also. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Justme

Quote from: ballhog on June 23, 2007, 09:46:19 am
I guess this will make 3 consecutive classes of QBs from Arkansas that play at other big time programs.

USC

Auburn

Alabama/LSU

It's one thing to recruit a kid and lose him to another school, but I'm baffled at the lack of attention we have shown Wilson.
Agree.  It's strange.

BigHog396

Quote from: HogStang on June 23, 2007, 06:12:58 am
Did you all know we have 2 of the top 10 dual threat QB recruits in the nation signed? Our freshmen this year are also a mix of pocket and dual threat.
NO WE DON'T HAVE 2 OF THE TOP 10 SIGNED!  Signing day is not until February.  They may both watch our season this year and decide to go elsewhere.  That is EXACTLY why you don't pass over a very highly rated HOMETOWN kid in the recruiting process.  THAT IS WHY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE COMPLAINING ON HERE ARE COMPLAINING.  If you don't get that, you aren't worth discussing this situation with.

blu

Quote from: LawnHog48 on June 23, 2007, 09:51:13 am

If that happens it would be great. It would be even greater if another coach was coaching him. I have seen Wilson. Have you? I don't see any 300 yd games throwing the ball with Nutts clone running the offense. I hope Youngblood is as good as advertised. How does his stats look against Wilsons? Does he play better competition than Wilson? Did he have offers form top 10 D1 programs? I go by who is at the schools and really spending time to get the kid. LSU and Bama are spending a lot of time in Greenwood and they don't waste a lot of time down here!

Hey, we're on the same page as far as it would be great if "any" of our QBs throw for 300 and we beat LSU. That's the bottom line. We all want the Hogs to be good. I am not sure which of the two QBs is better, but, I think the fact that Youngblood has been an early commit and a strong recruiter for UA since committing probably has something to do with the fact that other schools aren't stopping by to see him.  I would trust someone who has more experience and could be staking their career on this choice over my own opinion, honestly. 
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: blu on June 23, 2007, 10:40:14 am
Quote from: LawnHog48 on June 23, 2007, 09:51:13 am

Hey, we're on the same page as far as it would be great if "any" of our QBs throw for 300 and we beat LSU. That's the bottom line. We all want the Hogs to be good. I am not sure which of the two QBs is better, but, I think the fact that Youngblood has been an early commit and a strong recruiter for UA since committing probably has something to do with the fact that other schools aren't stopping by to see him.  I would trust someone who has more experience and could be staking their career on this choice over my own opinion, honestly. 
If we have a QB throw for 300 against LSU we will win by two touchdowns atleast.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on June 23, 2007, 01:13:05 pm
If we have a QB throw for 300 against LSU we will win by two touchdowns atleast.

If we have a QB throw for 300 against LSU while Nutt and Lee are coaching us, the Graf Zeppelin will fly out of my arse!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hogs-n-Roses

baitshop

No QB will ever throw for 300 yards in an offense that HDN has anything to do with.......

kennedy

Who Cares......the reason they complain so much....is that they love to complain.

Anything and everything is Houston's fault..did you not know that? It is really
pathetic.

870hogg

"I said I really want to improve the passing game and we might have a shot at getting David Lee"
"nothing was behind anybodies back it was face to face wally....face to face"

then we go and recruit dual threat QBs.....what do DMAC and F-Jo not run enough for you?

what a dork