Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kid From Greenwood NOT Considering ARKANSAS ?

Started by BigDeal, June 15, 2007, 06:41:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IcEwalker

youngblood is the 5 best dual threat qb, pick is the 10th.  not bad for the ole dale. its obvious thats the direction we want to go at QB.

Tammany Tom

FYI: I have heard that Wilson had a very good camp at LSU and the LSU coaching staff was quite impressed with him. Seems that Crowton really liked Wilson and thinks Wilson will fit in very well with the LSU offense. LSU staff thinks they have a very good shot at getting him.

He may not be "good" enough to get offered by Arkansas, but I will tell you this: I trust our coaching staff and Bama's coaching staff's (ie Saban) evaluation of a prospect anytime, anyday over that of your coaching staff.

Richard_white

Quote from: WilsonHog on June 16, 2007, 07:47:34 am
A couple of things.

(1) How did this become a thread about a booster?

(2) It may not be a part of his offensive package now, but in his last stint with us David Lee was the guru of the midline option. I was coaching high school ball at the time, and we heard him speak about the midline at several clinics we attended. Those were the days of Matt Jones and Mark Pierce.

(3) I am not surprised that Nutt isn't recruiting Wilson for two reasons. First of all, Nutt seems to believe that Arkansas kids really shouldn't have to be recruited. Even if he does believe that, his belief is obviously incorrect as evidenced by players like Ziemba, Burns, Shelley, etc. leaving the state the past few years. Secondly, a passing quarterback isn't needed to run Nutt's offense. All he needs is a quarterback who can be a caretaker; a low-risk, low-reward guy. Take care of the football, throw the occasional play-action pass, and above all don't get us beat. Like it or not, that seems to be his philosophy (or more accurately JFB channeling through him).

It might be Dale's philosphy but you would think we would recruit a QB that would help us in the passing game.  Isn't that the same line we get every year with Dale?

Hollywood_HOGan45

we don't like having QBs that like to throw the football in a sophisticated offense.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Tammany Tom on June 16, 2007, 08:24:21 am
FYI: I have heard that Wilson had a very good camp at LSU and the LSU coaching staff was quite impressed with him. Seems that Crowton really liked Wilson and thinks Wilson will fit in very well with the LSU offense. LSU staff thinks they have a very good shot at getting him.

He may not be "good" enough to get offered by Arkansas, but I will tell you this: I trust our coaching staff and Bama's coaching staff's (ie Saban) evaluation of a prospect anytime, anyday over that of your coaching staff.

never thought i would agree with an LSU fan on here

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 16, 2007, 09:03:32 am

Well, ol' Nutt would have had to actually work for Tyler Wilson.  Besides that, he's had enough of fairly high profile passing QBs.  He doesn't want to use them or Frank doesn't want him to use them.  Casey Dick is the perfect Nutt QB. 

WilsonHog is right, even though I keep hoping inside our coaches will learn.  I guess this is the last straw.  I'll still go to the games but I'm not the least bit happy about the direction we're going.  It seems with every month that passes, it's one more month I wish we could inject a transformation into Nutt or run him out of town. 

If Nutt stays on a couple more years we won't have receivers or quarterbacks to deliver us from the stone age when the next coach comes in.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

wayneslane

Quote from: razorback3072 on June 15, 2007, 09:01:12 pm
Quote from: HOGBITS on June 15, 2007, 08:45:55 pm
Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 15, 2007, 07:03:05 pm
Ask your buddy Nutt why he's been a day late and a dollar short with this kid?

(Hint: He might have had to actually work for him so he just took the kid who would fall over because of an offer from the Hogs, which usually speaks volumes for who was recruiting him prior when he's from Kansas)

Would you rather have the rivals #5 quarterback at his position or the #21 at his position?

We had the #1 or #2 QB(depending on which recruiting service you look at) in the country last year and now he's gone.  so how will having the #5 or #21 QB change things now?
Well he actually did really well. I guess you missed it. As a freshman he went 8-0 or 7-0 which ever you want to call it.

wayneslane

Funny he has Tulsa listed but not Arknasas. Geez

BigHog396

I am still hearing from some people VERY close to the situation, in Greenwood, that 'Bama has the edge, but LSU is right behind.  It doesn't matter one way or the other, I just don't want to see another home town kid that has potential waste it for any length of time in Fayetteville.

When are we finally going to get rid of the cancer known as DMW so we can get these talented kids that are born-and-raised Hogs.  I am so tired of seeing our best, the ones that have been here nearly their entire lives, the ones that have grown up calling the Hogs, the ones that have always dreamed of being Hogs running to other top level schools because we have a head coach that is so arrogant that he really believes he can do it without these kids.

hoghearted

Much as it pains me to say it, you're right.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

MsNuttsandBolts

No one can really argue with the fact that HDN cannot recruit. Its so embarrasing. He has always had the cover of JFB. Well, those days are coming to an end. Hopefully Frank will have nothing to do with his own replacement. I know,,,,,,its a pipe dream.
MsNuttsandBolts   :@)

cityhog

Quote from: mr.schraer on June 15, 2007, 10:00:06 pm
Maybe we got two better QB's coming in so we do not need three?

Youngblood and Pick are rated higher and must fit better in the system we are going to run for the next 6  have run for the last 9 years.

fixed that for you.

baitshop

Quote from: YellvilleHog on June 16, 2007, 12:10:49 am
Quote from: baitshop on June 15, 2007, 11:55:35 pm
I had lunch with Tyler's Dad today and asked him about the "baseball" thing..........

Otis is WRONG and has been from day one.........he (Otis) has NEVER spoken to Tyler or his family in regards to baseball.........

LSU...........looking VERY good right now..........decision to be made sooner than later.......

FACTS........no opinion.......

Oh great, another poster with sources..........

If you consider the young man's Father a source..........then yes......

That would make me a poster with THE source.......

Perhaps a little more reliable, valid, credible, (you choose the adjective) than your POMPOUS opinions/conjecture and drivel.....

Oh, BTW, pm me and I will give you the name and address of the restaurant that we eat at every Friday and perhaps you would like to join us.........not to worry.......I am sure that we could work up a big plate of crow for you.......
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

abraHAM_lincoln

Quote from: BigDeal on June 15, 2007, 06:41:25 pm
Is this some mistake on rivals.com ? What is going on here. I notice his speed is not the greatest, but wondering if he is not being recruited by Arkansas, or does he not like a pro-style offense ?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=56871

Tyler wants to play in the NFL I bet.  Playing for Nutt would be career suicide.

hogluv

Why is everyone acting shocked about this? Storener was the only pro-style QB that Nutt ever used and it was because Storener had been taught so well by Kay Stephenson the two years prior. Nutt was stuck, Clint was the QB on the hill when Nutt arrived.

Nutt is not interested in QB's that he can help develop to next level. He is only interested in QB's that make his style of offense look good. Why do you think Mitch was yanked as soon as Dick was healthy?

Justme

Quote from: MsNuttsandBolts on June 16, 2007, 09:48:05 am
No one can really argue with the fact that HDN cannot recruit. Its so embarrasing. He has always had the cover of JFB. Well, those days are coming to an end. Hopefully Frank will have nothing to do with his own replacement. I know,,,,,,its a pipe dream.
HDN cannot recruit and is missing the boat on Wilson.  And, yes, Otis does write about those HDN wants him to.  Praises some, ignores others, and downs some for their attitudes, not wanting to be a Hog, etc.  Otis is not an independent thinker or source.

razorsox

Quote from: BeoPig on June 15, 2007, 07:22:11 pm
I know that hating on Nutt is the thing to do but is it possible that Lee wants more dual threat Qbs for his offense???  Why offer to a guy that does not fit your style?
When we had a dual threat qb he wanted a pocket passer.  He changes his mind every year and uses that as an excuse as to why qb play is mediocre.
The last thing we need is a bunch of rednecks running around with McFadden Cowboy jerseys.

351hog

We have 2 higher ranked Qb's already committed.  The #5 and #10 dual threat qb's vs the #21 pocket passing Qb??  Seems like a no brainer to me. 

And another tidbit for you...the Hogs may offer Nathan Stanley from Oklahoma, who is higher rated pocket passer than Wilson also.  So don't worry about Nutt's Qb recruiting this year...he is doing just fine.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=55109&Sport=1

Justme

Quote from: 351hog on June 16, 2007, 11:04:57 am
We have 2 higher ranked Qb's already committed.  The #5 and #10 dual threat qb's vs the #21 pocket passing Qb??  Seems like a no brainer to me. 

And another tidbit for you...the Hogs may offer Nathan Stanley from Oklahoma, who is higher rated pocket passer than Wilson also.  So don't worry about Nutt's Qb recruiting this year...he is doing just fine.

Nutt's not doing fine this year in any area.  He's got a dark cloud looming over him whether he knows it or not, at work, at home, and anywhere else he goes. 

LJHOG

Sure a lot of coaches posting here.  Maybe the name should be changed from Monday Morning Quarterback to The Coaches Forum.

razorback3072

Quote from: wayneslane on June 16, 2007, 09:42:16 am
Quote from: razorback3072 on June 15, 2007, 09:01:12 pm
Quote from: HOGBITS on June 15, 2007, 08:45:55 pm
Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 15, 2007, 07:03:05 pm
Ask your buddy Nutt why he's been a day late and a dollar short with this kid?

(Hint: He might have had to actually work for him so he just took the kid who would fall over because of an offer from the Hogs, which usually speaks volumes for who was recruiting him prior when he's from Kansas)

Would you rather have the rivals #5 quarterback at his position or the #21 at his position?

We had the #1 or #2 QB(depending on which recruiting service you look at) in the country last year and now he's gone.  so how will having the #5 or #21 QB change things now?
Well he actually did really well. I guess you missed it. As a freshman he went 8-0 or 7-0 which ever you want to call it.

Which was my point.  He landed the #1 QB(not from his attempts at recruiting him).  He comes in here, starts the second game, goes 7-0(not counting SC) and gets benched and basically run off.  So it doesn't really matter how highly ranked or talented the QBs we have comittments from are because we had the #1 QB and screwed him.  Nutt's not going to bring in someone that can throw the ball.  Especially as long as "daddy" is around.  He is always talking about "we're going to improve the passing game" every year but never has.  If he was really wanting to improve the passing game, he would be going after the top QBs in the country.  Especially guys in his own state.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Tammany Tom

June 16, 2007, 11:50:46 am #121 Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:53:01 am by Tammany Tom
Quote from: 351hog on June 16, 2007, 11:04:57 am

While we all enjoy following rivals and scout's recruiting rankings, especially me, their rankings on individual recruits, especially this time of year, is not the end-all, be-all bible of facts. The coaching staff's of major programs have a lot more film on kids, have spent more time personally evaluating and working out recruits then Rivals could ever dream of doing so. Rivals and Scout are way behind schools right now in evaluating prospects. Rivals changes their ratings a lot between now and the end of football season. Their ratings at that time are a lot more accurate, because they have had time to catch up to the coaching staffs of major progam's evaluation of prospects.

Like I said in my earlier post, I trust our coaching staff's evaluation and the coaching staff at Alabama's evaluation more then I do the Arkansas staff. I will take it one step further, I really trust the evaluation of LSU and Bama's coaching staff way more then I do that of the Rivals staff. When I look at a recruit that LSU is interested in's rating on rivals the very first thing I look at is who else is offering him and why they are offering him. There were no rivals or scout people at the workouts performed by Wilson for the LSU coaching staff, I know this as fact. So why would they or anyone else know more then our coaching staff?

RD

I had lunch with Tyler's Dad today and asked him about the "baseball" thing..........

Otis is WRONG and has been from day one.........he (Otis) has NEVER spoken to Tyler or his family in regards to baseball.........

LSU...........looking VERY good right now..........decision to be made sooner than later.......

Considering baitshop knows his Dad personally, and I do as well, not to mention I work for Greenwood Dog Pound.com, I'd say "our sources" are pretty damn legit.

Justme

Quote from: RD on June 16, 2007, 12:09:03 pm

Considering baitshop knows his Dad personally, and I do as well, not to mention I work for Greenwood Dog Pound.com, I'd say "our sources" are pretty damn legit.
I believe you both and I'm really sorry this kid has been ignored completely by U of A.  It's a real mystery and a shame.  Whoever it was that said "All Arkansas kids should stay in Arkansas" should tell that to HDN.

demonHOG1013

Nutt was shown visiting a GHS practice on the news one night, so was Nick Saban. And he was talking about the thought process that goes into recruiting and offering a kid that might get drafted in baseball. He sounded like he was gonna make an offer, but why would a passing qb wanna come play for HDN? Especially after what happened to MM

RD

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on June 16, 2007, 12:34:11 pm
Nutt was shown visiting a GHS practice on the news one night, so was Nick Saban. And he was talking about the thought process that goes into recruiting and offering a kid that might get drafted in baseball. He sounded like he was gonna make an offer, but why would a passing qb wanna come play for HDN? Especially after what happened to MM
The news didn't mention, how lost Nutt was getting to Greenwood, had to stop and ask directions, thought he was in Mansfield.

hogtusk

Quote from: razorback3072 on June 15, 2007, 09:53:32 pm
Quote from: slopinhogs on June 15, 2007, 09:50:10 pm
he needs to listen to Weiss at Notre Dame you don't win the big games with a rushing offence. you must learn to pass the ball. what if you rush for 425 yards in the game and lose 28 -21 who will care. to quote Mr. Weiss.
:razorback:

See LSU game. 

Yeah, I know special teams hurt us but DMAC ran all over them and we still lost and we lost in the end because we had no passing game or two minute offense.

I think taking advice from Coach Weiss on how to beat LSU would be laughable. LSU 41-ND 14 in the Sugar Bowl.
BTW having a football offer helps with your bonus offer if you do decide to play pro baseball. So saying your interested in football would be the smart thing to do.IMO
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

mvpiglet

Quote from: RD on June 16, 2007, 12:09:03 pm

Then you and baitshop should be able to confirm that Gus Malzahn visited Tyler yesterday. Because he did.

razorback3072

Quote from: hogtusk on June 16, 2007, 12:59:57 pm
he needs to listen to Weiss at Notre Dame you don't win the big games with a rushing offence. you must learn to pass the ball. what if you rush for 425 yards in the game and lose 28 -21 who will care. to quote Mr. Weiss.

See LSU game. 

Yeah, I know special teams hurt us but DMAC ran all over them and we still lost and we lost in the end because we had no passing game or two minute offense.

I think taking advice from Coach Weiss on how to beat LSU would be laughable. LSU 41-ND 14 in the Sugar Bowl.
BTW having a football offer helps with your bonus offer if you do decide to play pro baseball. So saying your interested in football would be the smart thing to do.IMO

I wasn't a reference in taking advice from Weiss on how to beat LSU.  It was an example of how what Weiss said is true.  AR ran all over LSU and still lost.  No passing game and no two minute offense.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

hogtusk

Quote from: razorback3072 on June 16, 2007, 01:30:19 pm
Quote from: hogtusk on June 16, 2007, 12:59:57 pm

See LSU game. 

I wasn't a reference in taking advice from Weiss on how to beat LSU.  It was an example of how what Weiss said is true.  AR ran all over LSU and still lost.  No passing game and no two minute offense.
I'm just saying Weiss's idea didn't work either. Sometimes the other team is just better.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

carlyle513

Charlie Weiss is to HDN what 3 dimensional chess is to checkers.

hogtusk

Quote from: carlyle513 on June 16, 2007, 02:05:44 pm
Charlie Weiss is to HDN what 3 dimensional chess is to checkers.
I was thinking 18 wheeler to 1/2 ton pick-up truck.:)

wooo

when will you guys learn

1. we don't need a quarterback
2. any QB with half a brain would not come here

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Justme on June 16, 2007, 12:12:13 pm
I believe you both and I'm really sorry this kid has been ignored completely by U of A.  It's a real mystery and a shame.  Whoever it was that said "All Arkansas kids should stay in Arkansas" should tell that to HDN.

It's a shame for certain, but it ain't at all a mystery.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Justme

Really, Greenwood is not hard to find and not far from Fayetteville.  That's absurd.  Guess it's true HDN was never interested in Stegall last year either or he'd at least have some idea what direction Greenwood is in.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: RD on June 16, 2007, 12:49:24 pm
Quote from: demonHOG1013 on June 16, 2007, 12:34:11 pm
The news didn't mention, how lost Nutt was getting to Greenwood, had to stop and ask directions, thought he was in Mansfield.

That's hilarious! There's like what . . . ONE highway through Greenwood?
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

hogtusk

Quote from: Justme on June 16, 2007, 03:45:08 pm
Really, Greenwood is not hard to find and not far from Fayetteville.  That's absurd.  Guess it's true HDN was never interested in Stegall last year either or he'd at least have some idea what direction Greenwood is in.
Didn't Stegall end up skipping football and playing pro baseball?

razorhog52

If Nutt had offered Tyler Wilson early and got him to commit instead of offering Youngblood, everyone on here would be even more upset because the higher ranked Youngblood was getting offered by Bama and LSU. The fact of the matter is, we weren't going to sign both Youngblood and Wilson with their chances of being drafted.  Either way, Nutt loses, because everyone on here wants the player that we don't have.

YellvilleHog

Quote from: razorhog52 on June 16, 2007, 04:19:37 pm
If Nutt had offered Tyler Wilson early and got him to commit instead of offering Youngblood, everyone on here would be even more upset because the higher ranked Youngblood was getting offered by Bama and LSU. The fact of the matter is, we weren't going to sign both Youngblood and Wilson with their chances of being drafted.  Either way, Nutt loses, because everyone on here wants the player that we don't have.

More to the point, most on here want to bust Nutt's chops no matter what he does. It's only logical that we don't sign two kids that may not ever make it to campus, and these folks know that, they just don't care.

rljjr

I don't care who we recruit as long as they can produce. Period. Dot. End.

Justme

The title of this thread "Kid from Greenwood NOT Considering in Arkansas?" seems off a little.  Should be "Arkansas NOT Considering Kid from Greenwood?", shouldn't it?  Nutt totally ignored this kid from the beginning.  Seems like he has certain kids he ignores, some on campus and some off.  Go figure.

WilliamWallace

he may be like a Josh Floyd and be a product of the system type of player.... I played against Stegall and Wilson and I will tell you that Stegall was alot harder to play against. Wilson is a great player, so you never know. He will probly end up skipping the draft anyway

OKhogfan1959

Did Youngblood hold offers from the likes of LSU and Bama? BTW not bashing the kid just want to know who had offered him? I hope Youngblood is the real deal and gets a real coach when Nutt is gone.

USCoastGuard

tyler is leaning toward arizona...believe it or not he is...good coaching staff.
Come back over Gus!

hogball33

YellvilleHog

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 16, 2007, 06:54:31 pm
Quote from: YellvilleHog on June 16, 2007, 04:30:35 pm

More to the point, most on here want to bust Nutt's chops no matter what he does. It's only logical that we don't sign two kids that may not ever make it to campus, and these folks know that, they just don't care.

I've seen you found yourself a buddy and now you're back fighting on about two kids you don't have a clue about in regards to whether or not they are playing baseball.  It's not that much of a risk.  Do you ever want to take risks?  All I'm saying is that if neither make it, I'm fine with the QBs we have on campus. 

Yes, I'm all for making calculated risks, IMO the odds in this situation say you go after one of them, not both. Did we go after the right one? Time will tell. I realize what you are saying, but you are one of the more sane "darksiders" out there , and my comments go more towards the attitude of your more radical brethren.

RD

Quote from: hogball33 on June 16, 2007, 06:56:15 pm
LSU has him.
No they do not, Tyler has not made a decision yet, but when he does, GreenwoodDogPound.com, will be there to let the rest of the state know!

BadDogGHSDogPound

I am the owner of www.GreenwoodDogPound.com and I can confirm that Tyler Wilson has received a baseball scholarship offer from Arkansas, he received it back in the spring. He's received to many baseball offers to even name, but he's completely focused on football. RD hasn't been keeping up with his baseball offers.
2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2023 State Football Champions Greenwood Bulldogs. Follow The Bulldogs On www.GreenwoodDogPound.com

YellvilleHog

Quote from: BadDogGHSDogPound on June 16, 2007, 10:39:40 pm
I am the owner of www.GreenwoodDogPound.com and I can confirm that Tyler Wilson has received a baseball scholarship offer from Arkansas, he received it back in the spring. He's received to many baseball offers to even name, but he's completely focused on football. RD hasn't been keeping up with his baseball offers.

But , but, just earlier in this thread we read someone claim that Tyler's daddy confirmed to them that he had not received a scholarship offer? Hmmm, could it be that some people on here that claim to have sources are full of **it?

Beau McCastlain

The DogPound is correct(as he always is)!!!!!!  Tyler still has a couple of visits to take (Arizona, Tulsa).  Don't expect an announcement until after those visits are taken.
"Hey!!! Let's go huntin'!!!"