Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shiloh Christian 8th Grader Bench Presses 405

Started by Wes Craven, April 25, 2007, 09:57:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes Craven

I watched a story last night on KNWA which lead in by saying the strongest 15 year old in the world lives in Springdale, Arkansas and attends Shiloh Christian. They showed the video and it is remarkable. His name is Samuel Harvell and he is a 6'1" 235 pound kid who is in the 8th grade.  He bench pressed 405 pounds recently and followed that up with doing 225 pounds for 33 reps which would have placed him 6th at the NFL Combine this year. This is incredible.

Hollywood_HOGan45

geez!!

he'll grown into a monster defensive tackle.

Hogstocking

The 405 bench is unreal, but the 33 reps of 225 is mind boggling...dayum.  Cant even imagine how strong he'll be when he's a senior.

JoyDivision

bd93

JoyDivision

video footage in .mpeg format or it never happened

Wes Craven

April 25, 2007, 10:29:46 pm #7 Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:08:09 am by Wes Craven
Quote from: JoyDivision on April 25, 2007, 10:18:48 pm

Not that I need to justify my statement to you since it was on the news, but go to this link and click the "Watch This" icon. Watch the tuesday broadcast.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/content/sports

RazorBassin

Zen_Hog

cbjagman

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 25, 2007, 09:57:23 pm
I watched a story last night on KNWA which lead in by saying the strongest 15 year old in the world lives in Springdale, Arkansas and attends Shiloh Christian. They showed the video and it is remarkable. His name is Samuel Harvell and he is a 6'1" 235 pound kid who is in the 8th grade.  He bench pressed 405 pounds recently and followed that up with doing 225 pounds for 33 reps which would have placed him 6th at the NFL Combine this year. This is incredible.
Problem is based on what we saw from (lack of) efforts with Lee Ziemba not sure this coaching staff could find its way to Shiloah Christian to offer or visit.

SultanofSwine

Wu Tang Clan

Shouldn't he be a 9th grader if he is 15, however his numbers are still absolutely sick.  What in the hell is this kid on.  A 400 pound bench press for a 9th grader is borderline X-Men type of ability. 

Hawgballz

Quote from: cbjagman on April 26, 2007, 04:04:14 pm
Problem is based on what we saw from (lack of) efforts with Lee Ziemba not sure this coaching staff could find its way to Shiloah Christian to offer or visit.

Do you just come up with these comments without any thought at all?  Per Lee Ziemba, the Arkansas staff recruited him very hard, he just choose to go to another school.  Now if you were talking about Broderick Green then you might have been a lot closer to the facts.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Wes Craven

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 26, 2007, 05:43:33 pm

Shouldn't he be a 9th grader if he is 15, however his numbers are still absolutely sick.  What in the hell is this kid on.  A 400 pound bench press for a 9th grader is borderline X-Men type of ability. 

He just turned 15 approximately a month ago.

Wes Craven

Quote from: HawgBall06 on April 26, 2007, 05:57:29 pm

Do you just come up with these comments without any thought at all?  Per Lee Ziemba, the Arkansas staff recruited him very hard, he just choose to go to another school.  Now if you were talking about Broderick Green then you might have been a lot closer to the facts.

If by recruited him very hard you mean Houston Nutt NEVER text messaged him once then OK.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 26, 2007, 06:18:04 pm

I turned 15 when I was in the 10th grade, so he would still be behind a year. 

Wes Craven

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 26, 2007, 06:27:51 pm
Quote from: Wes Craven on April 26, 2007, 06:18:04 pm

I turned 15 when I was in the 10th grade, so he would still be behind a year. 

I was the 3rd youngest person in my class and I turned 15 the summer before my sophomore year. However, I graduated with some guys who were a year and a half older than me. Granted, I am a genius (tongue in cheek). My point being a lot of what grade you are in is based on when your parents start you in school. One of my best friends was driving in March of our 9th grade year. I remember because the Jr. High had a policy against students driving cars to school. Since I rode with him we had to park across the street. Those were the days. That was our biggest worry back then.

The_Bionic_Pig

He wouldn't be a Houston Nutt target but rather Tracy Rocker, Reggie Herrings department.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hawgsav1

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 26, 2007, 06:19:07 pm

If by recruited him very hard you mean Houston Nutt NEVER text messaged him once then OK.

Ok, give up on Lee Ziemba.  If you wanna get on Nutt for recruiting, then get on him for Burns and Green.  Ziemba's parents BOTH went to Auburn, and the parents even admitted that they were pushing for Ziemba to go to Auburn.  It's toug for someone to resist pressure from BOTH parents.  Even Rivals predicted at the begnning of recruiting season that Ziemba would go to Auburn
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

razorbackfan4life

Wes Craven

Quote from: hawgsav1 on April 26, 2007, 07:19:23 pm
Ok, give up on Lee Ziemba.  If you wanna get on Nutt for recruiting, then get on him for Burns and Green.  Ziemba's parents BOTH went to Auburn, and the parents even admitted that they were pushing for Ziemba to go to Auburn.  It's toug for someone to resist pressure from BOTH parents.  Even Rivals predicted at the begnning of recruiting season that Ziemba would go to Auburn

Thank you for your insight Houston. You can make excuses for any kid not coming here. The East Arkansas kids are closer to Tennessee than they are to Arkansas. DeAngelo Williams wanted to go to Memphis because it was closer to home. Ben Cleveland is from out of state and oly lived here for two years and he ended up a Razorback. You can make excuses for any kid.

jhudson84

Cleveland?  I was unaware of that, where did he move here from, he looks like a big ole texas boy to me.

Wes Craven

funny as it is he came from Arkansas City, Kansas before his junior

jhudson84

What was the reasoning dad get a job with Tyson or something?  Or did we see Malzahns recruiting a little earlier...jk

Wes Craven

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 27, 2007, 11:05:16 am
What was the reasoning dad get a job with Tyson or something?  Or did we see Malzahns recruiting a little earlier...jk

Not really aware of his reason for moving. Springdale had quite a bit of that going on for a bit there. This year's class had Jamie Jones from Conway move in and he signed with Mississippi State. Brandon Keaton from Russellville was a ket performare for the Bulldogs this year. Mike Villegas moved to Springdale from California. They had a pretty good run of it.

jhudson84

Jones has been in the school for a couple of years correct?

jhudson84

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 25, 2007, 10:29:46 pm

Not that I need to justify my statement to you since it was on the news, but go to this link and click the "Watch This" icon. Watch the tuesday broadcast.

I'm not doubting you or anything, but I want to see the video.   I watched the tuesday razorback nation broadcast and didn't see him.  If you could help me out it would be cool. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Tomhog™

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 27, 2007, 12:47:22 pm
Quote from: Wes Craven on April 25, 2007, 10:29:46 pm

I'm not doubting you or anything, but I want to see the video.   I watched the tuesday razorback nation broadcast and didn't see him.  If you could help me out it would be cool. 

It was just a 5 second clip or so mixed in the rest of the report.  He was in a blue shirt with about 20 people standing around.  Then they go to baseball after that...

peakhog

Sandwiched between K Jackson Jr. and Danny Hamlin.

Wes Craven

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 27, 2007, 11:39:21 am

He moved to Springdale prior to his junior season a.k.a. "The Best Arkansas Ever Saw". He was a senior this year.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 27, 2007, 01:52:05 pm

He moved to Springdale prior to his junior season a.k.a. "The Best Arkansas Ever Saw". He was a senior this year.

News Flash.  The Pine Bluff teams with Basil Shabazz was the best show that Arkansas Ever Saw".

Wes Craven

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 27, 2007, 04:09:48 pm

News Flash.  The Pine Bluff teams with Basil Shabazz was the best show that Arkansas Ever Saw".

Keep telling yourself that.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 27, 2007, 04:13:47 pm

As far as I am concerned LR Central has the bragging rights.  The team that beat Springdale was not even close to the team with Fairchild, and Bledsoe that won it all the year before.  Antwain Robinson did not even play in that game.  Basil would have scored whenever he wanted to, and hit a reciever so hard that they would be scared to catch the ball.  I am not the one who claims one team is the best but if someone wants to put it out there I will debate it.

Wes Craven

In 1990 Basil Shabazz and his juggernaut offense average 31 points a game. Their defense gave up 11 points a game.

In 2005 Mitch Mustain's offense averaged 47 points a game. Their defense gave up 8 points a game.

Keep in mind Springdale plays in the West which is perennially the best conference in the state's largest classification. Springdale regional powerhouses Jenks and Shrevport Evangel in their schedule as well.

This must have been a joke.

Wes Craven

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 27, 2007, 04:23:05 pm

As far as I am concerned LR Central has the bragging rights.  The team that beat Springdale was not even close to the team with Fairchild, and Bledsoe that won it all the year before.  Antwain Robinson did not even play in that game.  Basil would have scored whenever he wanted to, and hit a reciever so hard that they would be scared to catch the ball.  I am not the one who claims one team is the best but if someone wants to put it out there I will debate it.

You mean the Central team that averaged a meager 27 points a game and gave up 8.

So they gave up the same amount of points but couldn't score more than 27. RRright. I must have missed all the Florida, Texas and tennessee recruiters swarming the Central campus for their kids.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 27, 2007, 04:32:07 pm

You mean the Central team that averaged a meager 27 points a game and gave up 8.

So they gave up the same amount of points but couldn't score more than 27. RRright. I must have missed all the Florida, Texas and tennessee recruiters swarming the Central campus for their kids.

You can not measure the passion that the defense played with by looking for college recruiters in the stands.  There were some there, but how many were there the day Central team with far less D1 prospects manhandled Springdale. 

Wes Craven

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 27, 2007, 04:39:51 pm
You can not measure the passion that the defense played with by looking for college recruiters in the stands.  There were some there, but how many were there the day Central team with far less D1 prospects manhandled Springdale. 

LR Central beat Springdale 30-21 with Mitch Mustain in civi's. Manhandled? Furthermore, the Springdale kids then spent another offseason gettting bigger stronger and faster before the 2005 season. It would have been a beating. Period. No one ever remotely challenged Springdale in 2005. The same can't be said for Central in 2003 or 2004.

Razorhog2006q

I would think that most outside of Springdale would agree with you. I don't see how you can even consider Springdale as the best team Arkansas has ever seen simply because they only won one championship in that core of players particular era. If they were the best that Arkansas had seen, why couldn't that core beat Central the 2 years before? All it says to me is that they could only win when the overall talent of the classification was in a down year.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 27, 2007, 04:43:13 pm
Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 27, 2007, 04:39:51 pm

LR Central beat Springdale 30-21 with Mitch Mustain in civi's. Manhandled? Furthermore, the Springdale kids then spent another offseason gettting bigger stronger and faster before the 2005 season. It would have been a beating. Period. No one ever remotely challenged Springdale in 2005. The same can't be said for Central in 2003 or 2004.

Defense wins championships.  I would have went to the weightroom to if I had been manhandled. 

Wes Craven

All you Central Arkansas people can hate on Springdale all you want. We aren't talking about a 3 or 4 year span here. We are talking about ONE TEAM. the Springdale 2005 team DOMINATED every opponent from top to bottom. LR Central never played anyone outside the state as usual to see if they could compete with the regional powerhouses. They even lost a game in 2004. So that ends the argument about the 2004 team right there. I showed you by pure numbers that they didn't dominate teams in 2003 the way Springdale did. Add all this to the fact that Springdale returned nearly EVERY starter from the 2004 team and the Springdale 5 matured a year older and Jamie Jones transferred in and is a Division I linebacker and this whole argument is a joke. Springdale had more than double the number of people at their title game than Central did in theirs in their home town. People went to see the best.

Wes Craven

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 27, 2007, 04:53:08 pm
Defense wins championships.  I would have went to the weightroom to if I had been manhandled. 

Yeah that quote always holds up if you are playing in 1958. Let's glance at the 2006 State Champions this year.

Southside won 23-22
Texarkana won 27-7
Greenwood won 56-55
Nashville won 21-20
Shiloh won 48-6
Jesieville won 20-19

The average State Champion scored 33 points a game. So by all acounts it would not have mattered if they had given up 32 points right? Especially at the high school level the days of defense wins championships are over. Teams can and will score. Everryone is not running the archaic Wing T and Wishbone offenses anymore.

Hawgballz

If you would ever read the interviews with Ziemba you would know that he says Markuson & Malzahn texted him on a daily basis and that Arkansas recruited him very hard.  I just love how some folks have such a high opinion of theirselves as to know how a kid was recruited better than the kid even knows.  It is the Head Coach's job (at this University as with most) to meet with during their official visits, communicate with them during camps, make scholarship offers and close the deal (get a committment).  Lord knows there is plenty to critize Nutt for and I would like to see nothing better than the University go another way with their Head Football Coach, but taking every opportunity to make snide remarks and letting hate flow does not help the cause in this forum.  There is a really great forum for that   http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?board=43.0

Wes Craven

Quote from: HawgBall06 on April 27, 2007, 05:45:02 pm

If you would ever read the interviews with Ziemba you would know that he says Markuson & Malzahn texted him on a daily basis and that Arkansas recruited him very hard.  I just love how some folks have such a high opinion of theirselves as to know how a kid was recruited better than the kid even knows.  It is the Head Coach's job (at this University as with most) to meet with during their official visits, communicate with them during camps, make scholarship offers and close the deal (get a committment).  Lord knows there is plenty to critize Nutt for and I would like to see nothing better than the University go another way with their Head Football Coach, but taking every opportunity to make snide remarks and letting hate flow does not help the cause in this forum.  There is a really great forum for that   http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?board=43.0

Well, I will tell you that I live in Springdale and have spent a fair amount of time with a certain highly recruited individual who showed me countless text messages from Head Coaches at programs much more prominent than ours. I guess Houston was too busy sending text messages to news anchors for "fundraisers" to text Lee Ziemba though.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 27, 2007, 05:52:14 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on April 27, 2007, 05:45:02 pm

If you would ever read the interviews with Ziemba you would know that he says Markuson & Malzahn texted him on a daily basis and that Arkansas recruited him very hard.  I just love how some folks have such a high opinion of theirselves as to know how a kid was recruited better than the kid even knows.  It is the Head Coach's job (at this University as with most) to meet with during their official visits, communicate with them during camps, make scholarship offers and close the deal (get a committment).  Lord knows there is plenty to critize Nutt for and I would like to see nothing better than the University go another way with their Head Football Coach, but taking every opportunity to make snide remarks and letting hate flow does not help the cause in this forum.  There is a really great forum for that   http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?board=43.0

Well, I will tell you that I live in Springdale and have spent a fair amount of time with a certain highly recruited individual who showed me countless text messages from Head Coaches at programs much more prominent than ours. I guess Houston was too busy sending text messages to news anchors for "fundraisers" to text Lee Ziemba though.

Yes, but you implied that just because Nutt never texted him, he was not recruited hard and that is simply not true.

Wes Craven

Quote from: HawgBall06 on April 27, 2007, 05:59:19 pm
Yes, but you implied that just because Nutt never texted him, he was not recruited hard and that is simply not true.

Yeah, you are right. It shows the difference in priorities for Malzahn and Nutt.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 27, 2007, 06:41:48 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on April 27, 2007, 05:59:19 pm

Yeah, you are right. It shows the difference in priorities for Malzahn and Nutt.

Difference in job descriptions, also.

xxgibbyx

All hail Springdale!!!! King of Football and affordable poultry products!!!!!!