Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sporting News Says HDN is a Great, Great Coach...

Started by JusJim, April 11, 2007, 05:39:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JusJim

Time for the disgruntled fans to wake up and realize we really DO have a good coach.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=195996

The last sentence says...

"Once he's gone, Hogs fans finally may realize exactly what they had: A great, great coach."

RhodeHog

JusJim

RhodeHog

Quote from: JusJim on April 11, 2007, 05:41:58 pm
Quote from: RhodeHog on April 11, 2007, 05:39:36 pm
They are morons.
Maybe it's time to wake up and listen to an unbiased opinion. 

Maybe that guy didn't even look at facts.  Facts like the ones in my sig line.  Did you ever think of that?

38-36 in SEC play
5-18 vs. TN, FL, GA, and LSU
0-2 in SECCGs
0-2 vs. USC (120 - 31 for total points)
2-5 in bowl games (0-3 vs. Big Ten)
0 BCS appearances (Longest tenure coach with 0)

WMHawgfan

Great, Great?

You think that statement may have come from a NUTT,NUTT?

BigDeal

They are morons.

This reminds me of being off beat from everyone else doing jumping jacks. The swindling number of hardcord darksiders STILL don't  get it. Everyone else is wrong, and  they are right.

Amazing !

strawhog

Quote from: JusJim on April 11, 2007, 05:41:58 pm
They are morons.
Maybe it's time to wake up and listen to an unbiased opinion. 
Whats that?
I cant hear you?
Pull your head out of Houston's rear and say that again.

bosshawg38

Quote from: BigDeal on April 11, 2007, 05:43:17 pm
They are morons.

This reminds me of being off beat from everyone else doing jumping jacks. The swindling number of hardcord darksiders STILL don't  get it. Everyone else is wrong, and  they are right.

Amazing !

So Nutt supporters can have an opinion, but others cannot? This seems to be a common theme with your posts lately.

RhodeHog

April 11, 2007, 05:45:42 pm #8 Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 05:49:32 pm by RhodeHog
LONGEST TENURE COACH AT A BCS SCHOOL THAT HAS NOT APPEARED IN A BCS BOWL GAME.  WE ARE THE ONLY FREAKING SCHOOL THAT PUTS UP WITH THIS CRAP.  THE ONLY ONE!!!

clemensrules01

i will say this:

1. nutt is an average coach. he isnt a good coach and he isnt as bad as some make him out to be. We could do better.

2. nutt CANNOT be fired right now or anytime before the season. we could not get a decent coach before the season started. herring would be our 2007 head coach.

3. i hope nutt leaves after winning 12 games next season (my dream scenario). 

4. MM, DW, and GM were not treated as well as they could have been. however, they are gone and im ready to move on.

5. Nutt's character is not as good as once thought.

6. we will have a successful season next year if dmac and felix stay healthy.

slopinhogs

Lordy,lordy,lordy , wonder what he is taking.

you might blow smoke on some, but you won't find none on me. :razorback: :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

THHAWG

I guess Alabama, Miami, and NC State all disagree.

redbarn

Quote from: RhodeHog on April 11, 2007, 05:45:42 pm
LONGEST TENURE COACH AT A BCS SCHOOL THAT HAS NOT APPEARED IN A BCS BOWL GAME.  WE ARE THE ONLY FREAKING SCHOOL THAT PUTS UP WITH THIS CRAP.  THE ONLY ONE!!!

At least we are number one at something..................................
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

RhodeHog

football-writer

Keep in mind that I don't work for or in any relation to the U of A or with TSN....are you calling them Morons simply because they said he was a great, great coach?  What if they said he was a terrible coach?  I'm just trying to get your rationale for calling them that.
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

RhodeHog

Quote from: football-writer on April 11, 2007, 05:55:30 pm
Keep in mind that I don't work for or in any relation to the U of A or with TSN....are you calling them Morons simply because they said he was a great, great coach?  What if they said he was a terrible coach?  I'm just trying to get your rationale for calling them that.

I'm calling him a moron because he obviously did not look at the facts before he made a blind statement like that.  I thought a journalist was supposed to look at facts before establishing his opinion on a matter.  Is that not the case?

JusJim

Of course they would agree with them if they said he was a terrible coach...that's how the darkside works...they're opinions of people, reporters, papers, or websites change daily based on what is being said about HDN.

Whatever suits their agenda at the time.

JusJim

Quote from: RhodeHog on April 11, 2007, 05:57:07 pm
I think everything he said was pretty fair and accurate.  If everyone would listen a little more to the national media and their jokes about the AR fanbase they might learn a little bit about themselves.

I'm calling him a moron because he obviously did not look at the facts before he made a blind statement like that.  I thought a journalist was supposed to look at facts before establishing his opinion on a matter.  Is that not the case?

RhodeHog

Quote from: JusJim on April 11, 2007, 05:57:38 pm
Of course they would agree with them if they said he was a terrible coach...that's how the darkside works...they're opinions of people, reporters, papers, or websites change daily based on what is being said about HDN.

Actually you're wrong JusJim.  I think he's an average coach.  He's had 9 seasons to prove that to me.  If anyone thinks he is an above average coach, I would question their IQ as well.  One season does not make a coach.

football-writer

so basically you're saying they are like the leaves on the trees outside my office...they go whichever way the wind happens to be blowing at the time.

redbarn

Quote from: RhodeHog on April 11, 2007, 05:57:07 pm

What he said.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

KSHogg

If you read all the rest of the statements on the other coaches, he was blowing smoke up someones pants leg. evidently everyone is a good coach to him!

RhodeHog

Quote from: JusJim on April 11, 2007, 05:59:07 pm

I think everything he said was pretty fair and accurate.  If everyone would listen a little more to the national media and their jokes about the AR fanbase they might learn a little bit about themselves.

I would expect that out of you.  You would support Nutt no matter what he did, and you and I both know it.

redbarn

Quote from: RhodeHog on April 11, 2007, 05:59:23 pm

Actually you're wrong JusJim.  I think he's an average coach.  He's had 9 seasons to prove that to me.  If anyone thinks he is an above average coach, I would question their IQ as well.  One season does not make a coach.

A season where you lose your last three games does not add up to a great season to me and a lot of other people.  Especially when you lose the games that really count.

football-writer

Thanks for the direct answer RhodeHog.  One good season doesn't make a coach...but do two bad seasons?  Seven were above average and two were below....I don't blame the coach and I don't give him credit.  The 85 players who actually suit up and bang on the field are the ones that deserve the credit or criticism.  Look at the coaches as the supporting cast.  They aren't the lead actors, but just catalyst that affect what the lead actors do.  They are...using a Top Gun reference...the Tom Skerrit to D'Mac's Tom Cruise.

JusJim

Quote from: RhodeHog on April 11, 2007, 06:00:48 pm

I would expect that out of you.  You would support Nutt no matter what he did, and you and I both know it.
That is far from true.  If someone could provide FACTS about some of the latest rumors then I'd not support him, but thus far all that is out there are made up slanderous lies based on some phone records.

Someone went to alot of trouble making things up with no proof.

I think it's a shame....that he has had to put up with all the ridicule and personal attacks based on nothing.

NO ONE has proof of anything.  I read another board that has a few posters who post just absolutely stupid stuff with no proof of anything.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

LOL they put him above Mark Richt, Phil Fulmer, and Les Miles. 

redbarn

Quote from: football-writer on April 11, 2007, 06:03:44 pm

Thanks for the direct answer RhodeHog.  One good season doesn't make a coach...but do two bad seasons?  Seven were above average and two were below....I don't blame the coach and I don't give him credit.  The 85 players who actually suit up and bang on the field are the ones that deserve the credit or criticism.  Look at the coaches as the supporting cast.  They aren't the lead actors, but just catalyst that affect what the lead actors do.  They are...using a Top Gun reference...the Tom Skerrit to D'Mac's Tom Cruise.

Who calls the plays.  Who teaches the players.  Don't believe that coaches qualify as supporting cast.

football-writer

Quote from: abostian on April 11, 2007, 06:05:27 pm

Now THAT's going too far....he may very well be a "good, good coach"...that jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.  But he's not as good as Georgia coach Mark Richt...more morals than Fulmer...which says a lot about Fulmer.

Pigzwillfly

April 11, 2007, 06:08:41 pm #30 Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 06:22:55 pm by Sweet_P
38-36 in SEC play
5-18 vs. TN, FL, GA, and LSU
0-2 in SECCGs
0-2 vs. USC (120 - 31 for total points)
2-5 in bowl games (0-3 vs. Big Ten)
0 BCS appearances (Longest tenure coach with 0)

That could be not so much of coaching but recruiting, which also falls on Nutt with his lackluster performance.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: JusJim on April 11, 2007, 06:05:20 pm
Quote from: RhodeHog on April 11, 2007, 06:00:48 pm

That is far from true.  If someone could provide FACTS about some of the latest rumors then I'd not support him, but thus far all that is out there are made up slanderous lies based on some phone records.

Someone went to alot of trouble making things up with no proof.

I think it's a shame....that he has had to put up with all the ridicule and personal attacks based on nothing.

NO ONE has proof of anything.  I read another board that has a few posters who post just absolutely stupid stuff with no proof of anything.

I have proof that he failed to do his best to recruit the top 3 players in the state by not sending a single text message to any of them until Gus left... then continued to give every single darned excuse in the world for having a poor recruiting class.  I guess that's insignificant though.  Recruiting is overrated anyway....

RhodeHog

Quote from: football-writer on April 11, 2007, 06:03:44 pm

Is it so much to ask to want better than average?  It goes beyond wins and losses.  I would have supported Nutt if he would have let an offensive coordinator, any offensive coordinator do his job, even if that meant us winning 7 games.  I don't give a rats behind about his personal life. 

I'm talking facts on the field.  You tell me where else a guy can go 9 years without going to a BCS bowl game and keep his job?  It won't happen, period. 
I get sick of the "little guy" getting crapped on while a few people with money laugh at us and do whatever they want with the Athletic Department. 

I'm sick of this used car salesman making our program a laughing stock. 
I'm sick of his friends and family emailing players and media. 
I'm sick of Houston Nutt.

KSHogg

Hey! If the coach is just supporting cast then we could just go out and get any moron............ Oh wait, nevermind.

football-writer

HDN makes me wish UA could hire ASU's coach....a lot more morals.

redbarn

He had a really good excuse for not recruiting the top 3 players in the state.  He was too busy text messaging other people.

football-writer

Quote from: KSHogg on April 11, 2007, 06:10:05 pm
Hey! If the coach is just supporting cast then we could just go out and get any moron............ Oh wait, nevermind.

I thought you'd say that...because...when it comes to Nutt...that's JUST what they did.

RhodeHog

Quote from: football-writer on April 11, 2007, 06:08:37 pm
Quote from: abostian on April 11, 2007, 06:05:27 pm

Now THAT's going too far....he may very well be a "good, good coach"...that jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.  But he's not as good as Georgia coach Mark Richt...more morals than Fulmer...which says a lot about Fulmer.

That's what I've been saying.  He's a moron.  :)

football-writer

Quote from: redbarn on April 11, 2007, 06:10:40 pm
He had a really good excuse for not recruiting the top 3 players in the state.  He was too busy text messaging other people.

Yeah...Like d%%%% B&&&&

football-writer

Ask yourself a quesstion...would you rather have Houston (the text meister) Nutt or Phillip Fulmer and have the other coaches live in fear as he tries to stab them in the back (i.e. Johnny Majors)?

Spiral_cut

We HAD a good coach, he just left for Tulsa...

Catfish

Yeah he's a better Coach than Mark Richt.  Sure.

How many SEC titles has he won?

Yeah he's a better Coach than Fulmer

How many national titles has he won?

Yeah he's a better Coach than Miles

How many BCS games has he won?

I love how all the coaches in the article get the benefit of the doubt.  

RhodeHog

Quote from: football-writer on April 11, 2007, 06:13:01 pm
Ask yourself a quesstion...would you rather have Houston (the text meister) Nutt or Phillip Fulmer and have the other coaches live in fear as he tries to stab them in the back (i.e. Johnny Majors)?

I would take Fulmer any day.  At least he has been to BCS bowls and has won the big one.

redbarn

I'm not going into Nutts personal life but don't you think if he had time to send 2000 text messages to an "ahem" family friend, that he could have sent a few to the top recruits in this state.

PMP11

JusJim, why don't you read the comments from readers at the bottom of the article.  Not too many fans(not just ours) agree with nutt at #5.  He lost me when he put Richt behind nutt, are you kidding me!!!!

CAREER
Richt winning % .782
nutt winning % .609

LAST 3 YEARS
Richt .763
nutt .528

Head to Head
'01 34-23 Georgia
'02 30-3  Georgia(SEC Championship) Richt's second year
'04 20-14 Georgia(at Fayetteville)
'05 23-20 Georgia(at UGA) we were their homecoming game, sweet

So, Richt has a higher Career winning %, higher % in the last three years, and is 4-0 head to head.  Yep, nutt is by far the better coach, this guy is an expert.

Dispute this please

imahoggie

yes, houston nutt is a great great coach...........for me to poop on

i kid because i care
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

football-writer

Quote from: Spiral_cut on April 11, 2007, 06:13:21 pm

How do we know he was a good coach...at the college level, that is?  He was an offensive Coordinator who was never given a chance to prove if he could or couldn't win and my reason for saying that is he was never allowed to implement the HUNH!

RhodeHog

Quote from: football-writer on April 11, 2007, 06:15:27 pm
Quote from: Spiral_cut on April 11, 2007, 06:13:21 pm

How do we know he was a good coach...at the college level, that is?  He was an offensive Coordinator who was never given a chance to prove if he could or couldn't win and my reason for saying that is he was never allowed to implement the HUNH!

Believe me I'm no Hugger, but football-writer is right on here.  We may be able to say that next year.

jmark

Quote from: JusJim on April 11, 2007, 05:39:04 pm
Time for the disgruntled fans to wake up and realize we really DO have a good coach.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=195996

The last sentence says...

"Once he's gone, Hogs fans finally may realize exactly what they had: A great, great coach."

"Once he's gone".  Man, that will be a glorious day.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

KSHogg