Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarke Moore arrest

Started by IronMountainHog, January 27, 2018, 08:36:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMountainHog

247Hog

That ruins my day. I went to school with Moore. Thought he was President of a bank in Van Buren not that long ago. Hope he can get his life back on track.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

AlmaHog2011

Very sad. My son grew up playing bball with Clarke..Great kid from a great family.
Drugs don't care they damage all types.

IronMountainHog

A very smart young man who made a very bad mistake. Hope he gets treatment and gets back on his feet.

hoglady

Meth is probably the most destructive drug I've ever seen.
Seemingly successful, stable people - somehow get sucked into it and their lives destroyed.
Lots worse than the cocaine problem of the 80's.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hoglady on January 27, 2018, 08:52:19 pm
Meth is probably the most destructive drug I've ever seen.
Seemingly successful, stable people - somehow get sucked into it and their lives destroyed.
Lots worse than the cocaine problem of the 80's.

It is pure evil ruining lives everyday. Clarke is a good kid! Meth is just evil.

k.c.hawg

Looks like he has had multiple problems.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Pig in the Pokey

nobody called him a thug. huh.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Dark Helmet Hog

Must have been more traumatizing than anyone realized.

Seriously though, I hope the guy gets his life together.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 27, 2018, 09:30:29 pm
Violence nor resistance was involved, otherwise I would. Meth is the stupidest thing to try.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

nonoffensiveposter

DUI and screwing around with meth doesnt make someone a thug, just makes them an *** moron.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 27, 2018, 08:48:58 pm
A very smart young man who made a very bad mistake. Hope he gets treatment and gets back on his feet.

I've been around Clarke lots. Smart isn't something I'd call him. He's had multiple problems since leaving the UofA.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 27, 2018, 10:24:04 pm
I've been around Clarke lots. Smart isn't something I'd call him. He's had multiple problems since leaving the UofA.
He made the SEC All academic football honor roll while a Razorback. And you?

k.c.hawg

It has been going on for quite some time. He needs to get help, get cleaned up, take strides to save his own life.

http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=051-&casekey=051-CM++1500034
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 27, 2018, 09:59:53 pm
Violence nor resistance was involved, otherwise I would. Meth is the stupidest thing to try.

Dude Cedric Cobb's was caught with seeds and this board called him everything but the name of God. 

No resisting, no prior history of anything... believe me when I say their is definitely a double-standard!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hoghappy

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 27, 2018, 11:47:02 pm
Dude Cedric Cobb's was caught with seeds and this board called him everything but the name of God. 

No resisting, no prior history of anything... believe me when I say their is definitely a double-standard!!
Are you talking about the time in College when he was caught driving with a blunt in his hand, or when he was chased by the Benton and Bryant police where I witnessed him being laid out on the service road along I-30?

Seebs

Let's all agree that none of these lads will be asked to babysit anytime soon.

Hope they all end up doing well in life and teach their kids what not to do from their own experiences.

I'm teaching my kids not to posts on message boards.  See? Example setting.   
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

The Kig

A very smart young man

No.  I get that meth is very addictive and hard to escape once you have started...but NO SMART PERSON EVER TRYS METH.  The first time is always a conscious decision.  Have seen it destroy families... Good families, but DUMB people do meth.
Poker Porker

NuttinItUp

Hope this is a wakeup call for him to get his life together.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sowmonella on January 27, 2018, 10:01:29 pm
You are pathetic.
I believe PITP has more of an understanding of what that dude is going through than you think.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The Kig on January 28, 2018, 01:50:49 am
No.  I get that meth is very addictive and hard to escape once you have started...but NO SMART PERSON EVER TRYS METH.  The first time is always a conscious decision.  Have seen it destroy families... Good families, but DUMB people do meth.

There's dumb and there's foolish. You can have a high IQ and very little wisdom.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

GuvHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 28, 2018, 03:48:46 am
There's dumb and there's foolish. You can have a high IQ and very little wisdom.

Good point, I was just going to post that. It has nothing to do with being smart but everything to do with being wise. It isn't wise to do Meth.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: 247Hog on January 27, 2018, 08:43:49 pm
That ruins my day. I went to school with Moore. Thought he was President of a bank in Van Buren not that long ago. Hope he can get his life back on track.

I was the class ahead of him and played two years of football with him.  Always seemed like a nice kid, but apparently he's got some issues.  I saw him around 2009 or 2010 and I believe he mentioned working at a bank.

Clarke, you big dummy.  Get your act together, man.  Don't be a thug. (See what I did there?)
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

(notOM)Rebel123

Cedric was also arrested for forging prescriptions and being involved in a prostitution ring. FWIW
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 28, 2018, 06:19:43 am
Cedric was also arrested for forging prescriptions and being involved in a prostitution ring. FWIW

That's so double-standard of you.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

(notOM)Rebel123

AirWarren

Drugs are becoming rampant up there at a high rate.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: AP85 on January 28, 2018, 06:48:27 am
Drugs are becoming rampant up there everywhere at a high rate.

FIFY

hoglady

You are right about that.
(I still think of C4 often - my daughter went to high school with him and he was just a nice, respectful kid in high school, super quiet. It bothers me to see how his life has turned out. He was a good kid.)
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 28, 2018, 06:19:43 am

I think the point being - this is not where Cedric started out.
He was not a thug or criminal.
It's where he's ended up due to years of drug abuse - most addicts are headed to jail or death.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on January 28, 2018, 06:48:27 am
Drugs are becoming rampant up there at a high rate.

Or over there ⬅

AlmaHog2011

Cobbs was called a thug on here? I don't know anything about that but I do know that Cobbs is NOT a thug.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 28, 2018, 08:39:46 am
Cobbs was called a thug on here? I don't know anything about that but I do know that Cobbs is NOT a thug.

You know how it works here. One or two posters may have called him that at some point so according to some ALL of Hogville called him that.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 28, 2018, 09:13:14 am
You know how it works here. One or two posters may have called him that at some point so according to some ALL of Hogville called him that.

Exactly.

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 28, 2018, 09:13:14 am

Did not!

Lao Tsuie

I believe I read where meth. was invented by the Nazi's in WWII to keep those German guys fighting (hand to hand if needed) all night and the next day too. One of my best friends got into drugs really heavy and he would do anything except meth. He was scared of it. He said -one shot and you are hooked for life.

I had a hard enough time quitting smoking.

ImHogginIt

Danny J

Quote from: Lao Tsuie on January 28, 2018, 09:47:44 am
I believe I read where meth. was invented by the Nazi's in WWII to keep those German guys fighting (hand to hand if needed) all night and the next day too. One of my best friends got into drugs really heavy and he would do anything except meth. He was scared of it. He said -one shot and you are hooked for life.

See...I thought it was the Japanese

And yes...meth is evil and makes regular people do crazy things.

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

Quote from: Lao Tsuie on January 28, 2018, 09:47:44 am

It was actually WW1 for the Stormtroopers to get pumped for attacking trenches.

HiggiePiggy

Probably because it wasn't an arrest for some violent crime.  But I am sure you are thinking something else.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 27, 2018, 10:37:57 pm
He made the SEC All academic football honor roll while a Razorback. And you?

Book smart does not always equal street smarts. 

hawgmasta

I don't want to go on too big of a rant here but this will continue until we start treating drug abusers with rehabilitation instead of punishment. I'm all for going after drug traffickers or the organizations that run them, they are usually violent and filled with bad men. But what we're doing and have been doing for decades is not working. More people die of just OPIOD overdoses in the United States every year than the entire VIETNAM WAR. Let that sink in and ask yourself if punishing addicts is fixing this problem.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hawgmasta on January 28, 2018, 01:30:56 pm
I don't want to go on too big of a rant here but this will continue until we start treating drug abusers with rehabilitation instead of punishment. I'm all for going after drug traffickers or the organizations that run them, they are usually violent and filled with bad men. But what we're doing and have been doing for decades is not working. More people die of just OPIOD overdoses in the United States every year than the entire VIETNAM WAR. Let that sink in and ask yourself if punishing addicts is fixing this problem.

When politicians start to actually come down on them instead of allowing them to put money into their pockets we might see some real change.

AFWarrior83

Quote from: 247Hog on January 27, 2018, 08:43:49 pm

I grew up playing baseball with Clarke. He's a good dude that just screwed up. Hopefully he gets help and is able to recover from this incident. Matt was able to turn things around, so I'm hopeful Clarke can as well.
Hogville member since 2005.

SooieGeneris

There is definitely a double standard when it comes to such things. When one person gets in trouble, they are "evil", when another gets nabbed, it's the drugs that are evil..

Abuse of drugs and alcohol, which is also a drug BTW, cuts across all social boundaries and income levels, but is perceived much differently depending on whose ox is gored..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Flrazrback

Very sad story, like any addiction a person had to WANT to defeat the Demon before change can take place. Hope Mr Moore can realize he is on the road to No where and change the course.

hawgdavis

Sorry about the bad news, but part of the problem today is we don't call it what it really is. It wasn't a mistake it was a choice and a bad one . If true and it's meth I hope they throw the book at him. Have you seen what meth does to people? Not try to offend anyone that knows him it's just how I feel about this issue and the people that push this crap.