Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emmit Gooden?

Started by wps11, February 06, 2018, 10:52:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 07, 2018, 07:27:58 pm
Ok fine, the new staff didn't offer. Why didn't they? Did they fill every slot and not want to waste a spot? You can't save #'s for next season any more. If they didn't offer the question should be is "why the hell not"?  They had absolutely NOTHING to lose. If he signs but can't make the grade then you're in the exact same spot you're in now...

Dude the Chad Morris wouldn't even follow him on twitter. They didn't want him. Why? Limit spots, doesn't fit the new defensive scheme and a grades.

Now do I think they should have taken that risk? I do. But I am a star gazer

cookie52

Morris said today in his press conference that we might get 2-3 more players. This was after the 8 that signed today were already on board.

ALLVOL

Quote from: King Kong on February 07, 2018, 07:41:45 pm
Dude the Chad Morris wouldn't even follow him on twitter. They didn't want him. Why? Limit spots, doesn't fit the new defensive scheme and a grades.

Hogs signed 16 players. Why would they need to save the spot? Not arguing with you just wondering why?

ALLVOL

Quote from: King Kong on February 07, 2018, 07:41:45 pm

And fyi I ask these same questions of Vol fans who say "we didn't want him" about kids that choose other schools as well. It happens every year by all fan bases and actually makes me laugh.

King Kong

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 07, 2018, 07:53:42 pm
Hogs signed 16 players. Why would they need to save the spot? Not arguing with you just wondering why?

We are over the 85 Scholarship limit. Already 5 players on the current roster will have to leave to make room for the players we signed today

Hogtimes

Quote from: cookie52 on February 07, 2018, 07:50:12 pm
Morris said today in his press conference that we might get 2-3 more players. This was after the 8 that signed today were already on board.

I thought he said a couple, and then at the end said maybe one more.  Wonder if he his talking about Gooden.......

hawg1221

He said that at 2pm. I thought he was talking about Gooden and Gerald.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 07, 2018, 07:55:03 pm
And fyi I ask these same questions of Vol fans who say "we didn't want him" about kids that choose other schools as well. It happens every year by all fan bases and actually makes me laugh.
It's not us saying that we didn't want him. We the fans wanted him badly, but for some reason(I don't pretend to know why)the new staff didn't want him. Agim , who is one of his best friends said himself that Gooden didn't have an offer from us anymore. We have to trust staff at this point.

ricepig

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 07, 2018, 07:55:03 pm

Chavis didn't want him, simple as that. He wanted speed rushing DE's, we didn't get all we wanted there, but he wasn't going to take a DT he didn't want. They didn't offer Noah Jefferson either, I guess they have a plan?

aloha_kid

February 07, 2018, 10:52:42 pm #59 Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:06:16 pm by aloha_kid
Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2018, 09:54:01 pm
Chavis didn't want him, simple as that. He wanted speed rushing DE's, we didn't get all we wanted there, but he wasn't going to take a DT he didn't want. They didn't offer Noah Jefferson either, I guess they have a plan?

Actually looks like a late qualifier from JuCo.  My guess is we didn't want to risk him not making it and wasting a scholarship.

https://twitter.com/Ecain_WNML/status/961344829539192832

"Emmit Gooden has been trying to get to Tennessee for several years now...He will be a late qualifier...Big man with really good motor."

- #Vols HC Jeremy Pruitt

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2018, 09:54:01 pm

It has to be more than that. A number of schools that were recruiting Gooden suddenly backed off and one of those was Florida.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on February 08, 2018, 06:44:22 am
It has to be more than that. A number of schools that were recruiting Gooden suddenly backed off and one of those was Florida.

I can tell you that Chavis didn't want him, I can't make you believe it. The previous staff pulled his offer in Nov once they found out he wasn't eligible to enroll in Jan, they did offer him again a couple of days later. Morris never offered him in the advice of Chavis, believe what you wish.

Redhogs

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2018, 08:21:39 am
I can tell you that Chavis didn't want him, I can't make you believe it. The previous staff pulled his offer in Nov once they found out he wasn't eligible to enroll in Jan, they did offer him again a couple of days later. Morris never offered him in the advice of Chavis, believe what you wish.
Have read this in several places also..it was Chavis's decision. Apparently he did not fit with what he wants to do with the D-line.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

010HogFan

Quote from: The Pulse on February 07, 2018, 03:38:50 pm
Snapchat Quote from Gooden - "Going to the Real hill, Arkansas ain't the real hill".

Talk about haters gonna hate.

As for us; we just don't wanna be sold a false bill of Goodens.

Have him come walk up to the Business school from Pomfret for a semester and tell me it's not a real hill