Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CCM's opinion on Anthracite

Started by SemperHawg, January 10, 2018, 01:00:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

steveaustin69

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 10, 2018, 01:18:46 pm
Uniforms don't brother me much but a program isn't ALL about what student athletes want in their four short year either.  Tradition is very very important in college sports and you always need to remember that that is what the fans are supporting, not whatever new thang can be conceived.

#nomorewolfhowl

Ok

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 10, 2018, 02:38:19 pm
Welp, without coaches and players you wouldn't be watching anyone in any uniform.

Without those coaches and players dedicating their time and effort to the program, be it for four years or seven years, we wouldn't have a program so...yeah.

They kinda go hand in hand, no?

Meh...details details...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Busta_Nutt

Uniforms don't brother me much but a program isn't ALL about what student athletes want in their four short year either.  Tradition is very very important in college sports and you always need to remember that that is what the fans are supporting, not whatever new thang can be conceived.

#nomorewolfhowl

Don't tell that to Oregon (who recently has played for 2 National Championships). I think fans support anything that can get their respective teams to the top. Whether its a uniform or something else, if recruits like it and want it, then do it. It's simple, really.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on January 10, 2018, 02:49:56 pm
Don't tell that to Oregon (who recently has played for 2 National Championships). I think fans support anything that can get their respective teams to the top. Whether its a uniform or something else, if recruits like it and want it, then do it. It's simple, really.

Oregon is what you call an outlier, and besides having a duck for a mascot is strange.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 10, 2018, 03:02:43 pm
Oregon is what you call an outlier, and besides having a duck for a mascot is strange.

A gravitational pull on a body of water is a pretty strange mascot, too.  Keep the hard hitting analysis coming.

Cinco de Hogo

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 10, 2018, 03:02:43 pm

So is a pig.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 10, 2018, 01:34:05 pm
I like them for one game a year.

I like them for one away game....after another after another after another until the season is over. Oh and at the bowl games as well.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 10, 2018, 03:04:56 pm
A gravitational pull on a body of water is a pretty strange mascot, too.  Keep the hard hitting analysis coming.

Unstoppable forces vs a duck, keep trying.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on January 10, 2018, 03:07:17 pm
So is a pig.

It's a Razorback, one of the naturally meanest animals on earth.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 10, 2018, 03:09:13 pm
It's a Razorback, one of the naturally meanest animals on earth.

Which is a ____.

Cinco de Hogo

RME

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 10, 2018, 03:14:57 pm
It's not a pig, a pig is a domesticated farm animal.

Then what's a feral pig?

Busta_Nutt

It's not? Please, inform the class what a Razorback is then. Thanks in advance!

DLUXHOG

Morris is going to put the Hogs back on top, ala, 1960's, 70's, & 80's....WPS!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

RME

Then why the Frank do we say "WOO PIG SOOIE"

DLUXHOG

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 10, 2018, 03:25:18 pm
Then why the Frank do we say "WOO PIG SOOIE"

Okay Rumplestilskin, it's been Woooooo..... Hog..... Sooooeee... since the early 1900's.   Time to wake up...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Kneph13

Quote from: rhames on January 10, 2018, 02:33:51 pm

It's not her. They don't even look the same

You got the picture from a Google search.

That picture pops up to a Pinterest page. Maybe she liked the hairstyle or something but it's a completely different girl.

It was on her Instagram.  I'm tired of arguing with you.  Maybe she did like the photo and posted it, but considering everything else there has her in it......
There is no Political Correctness in war

RME

Quote from: MyBoyCanaan on January 10, 2018, 03:35:47 pm
Sooie*

A hog is a pig*

All pigs are hogs.
Some hogs are razorbacks.
Therefore, some rabbits have fur.

SemperHawg

Quote from: Kneph13 on January 10, 2018, 03:36:33 pm
It was on her Instagram.  I'm tired of arguing with you.  Maybe she did like the photo and posted it, but considering everything else there has her in it......
We do have some of her colleagues on here... Hogville does have the means to settle this little debate.

RME

No, it wasn't. You're just straight up wrong.

rzrbkman

I would rather every potential recruit and all fans be able to immediately recognize by sight who is playing in a game on television instead of having to read a graphic to know who is participating.  Tradition and brand still matters.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2018, 01:37:11 pm
Because Nike provides a lot of money, duh.....
So Penn State, USC, Bama and others don't need the money?

rhames

Just checked and that picture is no where to be seen. There are some good pics of her but she and the girl you posted aren't the same person. 

Not trying to crash your day. Both are smoken.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on January 10, 2018, 03:47:16 pm

Correct, they have stadiums that hold 93-100,000+.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2018, 03:51:51 pm
Correct, they have stadiums that hold 93-100,000+.
USC does not even come close to packing the Collesium (sp). Ohio State has a huge stadium and they pack it but wear alternative uniforms at times. Maybe they are greedier than Penn State, Alabama, etc.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on January 10, 2018, 03:12:07 pm
Which is a ____.
I can tell when someone has never been in the swamps and wetlands of southwest Arkansas...the smell is unmistakable and the first time you see a 350 lb boar with 5 inch tusks fully brought to bare and who's already killed three of your best dogs, the thought crosses your mind, "I'm a dead man if I miss on the first shot"....these wild bastards are unlike anything you've encountered here in the Southern U.S.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

razorbackfaninar

I know I am in the minority but I will never understand the debate over the uniforms, colors styles etc.  I just have never cared that much about it. I mean I have been a razorback fan all of my life and I don't go back as far as some but I have been watching games since the 80's, and if we wear anthracite or grey or whatever, I don't care what color they are.  I also don't care about the wolf howl at the front of the hog call, or the slobber hog or whether they name the court after Nolan.  I am for anything that gets us to more wins in football or basketball.  If naming the court after Nolan engenders enough good will to draw more donors, fine with me, if painting a slobber hog on it does the same then go ahead, whatever.  If there was a five-star dual threat quarterback that was in love with the black uniforms then wear them every game for all I care. It doesn't change the way I feel about the team or how I feel connected to the history of my time spent watching the team, because in the end that is what I am tied to, all of my memories of growing up reading the new rosters in the spring in the paper, past seasons and time spent at games or watching games on TV with family or friends that have moved away or passed on, none of that other stuff really matters to me.     

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 10, 2018, 04:18:45 pm
I can tell when someone has never been in the swamps and wetlands of southwest Arkansas...the smell is unmistakable and the first time you see a 350 lb boar with 5 inch tusks fully brought to bare and who's already killed three of your best dogs, the thought crosses your mind, "I'm a dead man if I miss on the first shot"....these wild bastards are unlike anything you've encountered here in the Southern U.S.

Which is a ____.

steveaustin69

What a story. Thanks for sharing.

RME

So did you get him?

Roy Bacon

Quote from: HawgSZN on January 10, 2018, 01:07:19 pm
I like CCM's outlook on it. It shows his adaptability to do what wins vs the stubbornness that the previous staff had.  Personally I love them. I wouldn't mind if they changed the chrome hog to a red hog. Hopefully we see the red chrome helmets more as well.

I agree . The Hog on the helmet was not contrasting enough .  Otherwise, I'm fine with the anthracite .
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

Iwastherein1969

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 10, 2018, 04:39:50 pm
So did you get him?
I scaled a tree high enough to get to safety and then shot him with my deer rifle

ad: right of passage for a southern Arkansas boy is to get your Bowie knife, sharpen it until it can shave the hair off of your arm and kill a wild hog jumping down on his back from the lower limbs of a tree....you do NOT do this however with the big boars

razorback44

Quote from: elksnort on January 10, 2018, 03:47:16 pm

Apparently not but Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan St, Iowa, Miami, Virginia Tech, Louisville, Florida State, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Oklahoma, TCU, Oklahoma State, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Oregon, Washington, Stanford and UCLA like the extra cash.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

TulsaHawg

Changing uniform colors is a gimmick, and gimmicks don't win championships.

I wonder how Bama gets their recruits to come play there without changing their colors?

Our official colors are Cardinal and White.

https://styleguides.uark.edu/graphic-identity/official-colors.php

Bash

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 10, 2018, 03:15:16 pm
Then what's a feral pig?

A politically incorrect name for the politically correct "free range" pig?
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

Hog N Bama

I hate anthracite. Our school colors are cardinal and white. It's time to stop worrying about looking cute in some new outfit and concentrate on winning ball games.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 10, 2018, 01:22:56 pm
I am going to go ahead and formally petition Lanny and the Hogville Leadership to make Tera Talmadge the mod for the Tavern.
That's like asking her to go hang out with Cosby and Weinstein...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Sed76

Quote from: TulsaHawg on January 10, 2018, 09:44:23 pm
Changing uniform colors is a gimmick, and gimmicks don't win championships.

I wonder how Bama gets their recruits to come play there without changing their colors?

Our official colors are Cardinal and White.

https://styleguides.uark.edu/graphic-identity/official-colors.php

Handing out Dodge Challengers like they are candy and winning championships helps Bama in recruiting way more than their uniform color. They could change their uniforms to hot pink and still pull in top 3 recruiting classes.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Watching the arguments above there are 3 facts...
1.) Wild uni's vs Traditional - I could absolutely win either case in a debate.
2.) We're going to do whichever the AD/Coach and players decide to do.
3.) Tara or not in that "belly button pic" they are both hawt...

Now that said I want traditional, but I also want Coke at a game. I'm probably gonna have to settle for cheering on my Pigs with my Ezra in Pepsi, but that's OK too... Go Hog's!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Porkbutt Gary

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2018, 01:37:11 pm
Because Nike provides a lot of money, duh.....

So do the life long fans that pay for the opportunity the player get to represent the school and it"s Fans!
Once a  Razorback, Always a Razorback  ... Unless you're a Nutt!

LZH

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 10, 2018, 03:04:56 pm

It's actually red algae, not the tide...which, is still pretty odd.

Kneph13

Quote from: rhames on January 10, 2018, 03:48:34 pm

Just checked and that picture is no where to be seen. There are some good pics of her but she and the girl you posted aren't the same person. 

Not trying to crash your day. Both are smoken.

Fine then it's not her and yes it's not on her instagram anymore but that is where I got it along with a few more of her.  Perhaps she took it off of there.  I dl'd it a week or two ago when I saw her on Pig Trail and decided to look her up.  I'm wrong, I admit defeat, but I am not gall durn liar about where I got it.   She's still hot and so is whomever's image is in that picture, the assets are definitly the same size.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Inhogswetrust

#nomorewolfhowl

Tradition is good for some things but everyone has to decide for themselves what traditions they like or not. How about the tradition of football having no forward pass. I bet you hated when it was started.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Porkbutt Gary on January 11, 2018, 06:09:23 am
So do the life long fans that pay for the opportunity the player get to represent the school and it"s Fans!

That's correct, and we'll cheer them on, no matter the color they have on that day. Or do you not?

oldhawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 11, 2018, 07:31:32 am
Tradition is good for some things but everyone has to decide for themselves what traditions they like or not. How about the tradition of football having no forward pass. I bet you hated when it was started.

Amen.  :)

Actually, I kinda like Oregon's variety of uniforms. 

As long as the Razorbacks have some cardinal and white trim, the anthracite does not bother me.  Just don't want to see purple or green or blue, etc.  Black or anthracite is somewhat of a neutral color that has been used for trim a long time, just in recent years has its use become predominant (on occasion).  Evidently it is popular.